Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Do drivavatars follow the damn racing line this time or they are gonna just crash after some laps ? I don't care about aggression but stupid mistakes completely ruined the immersion .

So I'm installing from disc to xbox as we speak. When will it be available for me to download as a play anywhere title to PC as at the moment it's saying I need to purchase in the store on PC?
Wasn't play anywhere for electronic purchases only? At least it was for FH3 if I recall correctly?

So I'm installing from disc to xbox as we speak. When will it be available for me to download as a play anywhere title to PC as at the moment it's saying I need to purchase in the store on PC?
Play Anywhere is digital only. Buying the game on disc does NOT let you unlock the game for PC.

Test drive is done through the free-play mode now.

Eh, not a fan of that. Just adds more time having to organise and set up everything. You also can't tune while test driving now either...

Also, there isn't an open Test Track airfield layout to be able to free roam on, which makes no sense inside pretty much all of the Hoonigan cars have no real use apart from that area.

Jesus christ , Codemasters is the only developer that makes decent AI in the simcade market . PC2 seems to have glitchy AI as well .

PCars 2 is a little better but I get spin out by AI all the time. I am really hoping someone will be a AI that will have car awareness instead of just trying to get back to it's racing line and shoving you in the process. It happen so many time last night.

Do drivavatars follow the damn racing line this time or they are gonna just crash after some laps ? I don't care about aggression but stupid mistakes completely ruined the immersion .

Yes. On the other hand... You better not be on that racing line, because they will not yield. Drivatars have definitely improved since the FM6 days (for example, you can finish a race in Long Island without any pileups on sector 1) but you'll have to race veeeery respectfully.

Hmm alittle dissappointed, They claimed we could tune from the lobbys. But all i can find i the same Seaching and changing tunes we had i FM6. Also there dont seem to be any penalities either.... Online still just a big crash fest.
Not just online, singleplayer as well. There has always been something very wrong with car grip in this game franchise, especially during impact. Even the slightest small contact can catapult a car off the track. It’s as if cars have barely any weight or grip.
Same old thing in FM7 really, nothing improved in this aspect.

Not just online, singleplayer as well. There has always been something very wrong with car grip in this game franchise, especially during impact. Even the slightest small contact can catapult a car off the track. It’s as if cars have barely any weight or grip.

TBH cars seems a lot heavier to me this time around. Door-to-door racing against Drivatars seem to be a far less masochistic proposition than it was in FM6. They are also way more steady on kerbs.

I am absolutely LOVING this game! What a HUGE improvement from Forza 6. I've stood by my word and gone with the full Gran Turismo route. I bought a 1990 Miata as my first car, and have been knocking out some beginner-style races in Free Play. Absolutely amazing.
With 700 cars, you really can go the Gran Turismo route. Loving what I'm hearing so far.Looking forward to this game.

apologies if been asked before but I was playing last night and I noticed I had 3 VIP crates, so I gleefully opened them up and got what I thought were some cars amongst the prizes but when I go to the car list and highlight it, it still asks me to buy.

So I guess what I am asking is do the cars you unlock via the crates simply unlock the option to buy them? Or am I being thick and I am looking in the wrong place

Cheers all

Same old thing in FM7 really, nothing improved in this aspect.
Dont really agree, for me it seems its just the same old tryhards types that cant drive to save their lifes....

This is the best Gran Turismo game I've ever played. :D

It's got the occasional stutter, and browsing through cars is slow (like FH3 in the beginning), but I'm sure they'll iron that out. Game looks absolutely gorgeous. So FM7 for car Pokémon, PC2 for serious sim racing. No need for anything else. 👍

I guess I was a bit cranky last night. I can still just play Free Play. Still gives you money. Game is good even if it's a bit frustrating with the Homologation system.

What is unforgiving at the moment is the heavy stuttering in the menus. And lot's of crashes too, just like FH3 at the beginning.

I rushed to Gamestop to make sure I get a Porsche 911 GT2 RS diecast car with my game, then came immediately home. I'm installing the disc now and it's at 6.83 GB after a few minutes of installation. According to my Xbox, it's downloading between 27 & 36 mbps.

Yea this feels like a Gran Turismo 7 , sad to hear that AI sucks again . I wonder why T10 keeps drivavatars . They have the potential to create the most complete racing game but they fall in some features and details , for example there are no qualifyings sessions again if i am not wrong .

I got bored waiting for FM7 to finish installing.
Thanks gamestop:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_20170929_173633_659.jpg
    IMG_20170929_173633_659.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 71
I rushed to Gamestop to make sure I get a Porsche 911 GT2 RS diecast car with my game, then came immediately home. I'm installing the disc now and it's at 6.83 GB after a few minutes of installation. According to my Xbox, it's downloading between 27 & 36 mbps.
I got mine too plus a suprise SNES classic damn you GameStop. I was one of the first ones in the store they had 14 of the SNESs, my Forza download is at 62 percent
BDE3DA5A-A650-45E9-832A-038FA23722C7.jpeg

Back