Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Reading the comments here, makes me feel like im doing something wrong...?

Absolutely loving the game, even with my wheel. Thrustmaster TX.
It feels alot more like a sim to me then FM6 ever did. And iv been playin Pcars2 all week too, and to me FM7 feels pretty close to that.

A quick question about the dynamic weather: When it starts to rain do the dry tyres become terrible and you have to pit to change to wets? right?
It’s exactly the same as in Forza Horizon, rain and a wet track are just a gimmick that influences grip a little bit, nothing more. There is no such thing as changing tyres during a race because that’s way too complicated for the very young audience this game is mainly aimed at.

I have never really liked the offline play. To me racing against the AI is just not any fun. I enjoy racing with my friends and competing for fastest laps then looking on the leaderboards to see where I fall among my friends and across the world. Forza has offered this in every version I have played but it appears to be missing in 7. I would rather them completely remove career mode than kill the leaderboards.

They said they were trying to kill leaderboard cars, they made it very easy for them selfs, they killed the leaderboards.....

Pretty sure the normal open class ABC's will be up before we know it. For now it seems every event/division got their own leaderboards..

I'm probably going to wait till the New Year to pick this game up to be honest.

I'm not trying to sound like some snob but I just don't feel as hyped about this game as I did previous Forza Titles.

I will play it eventually but for now I am happy to wait.

After 5 hours straight of play including 25 laps at Maple Valley I have 19 cars (excluding DLC and VIP cars, including first free car and 3 showcase cars), I'm at tier 4, driver level 10 and have zero money.

At this rate it will take... 180 something hours to unlock all the cars.

Meh, not enjoying this economy. Been waiting a year to try the new NSX and the i8 on the track, seems like I'm still some time away.

Other than the FE cars and the 5 mod cards, is there any advantage to VIP this time? Usually it's double the credit reward for leveling but unless the regular reward is 10k you aren't getting that.

Also, if you feel like grinding, doing the shortest lap with the highest difficulty at Suzuka with the FE GTR is about 10k a minute if you do 1 lap races.

+edit
Also, you can't back out completely so expect that people are going to lose their data.

After 5 hours straight of play including 25 laps at Maple Valley I have 19 cars (excluding DLC and VIP cars, including first free car and 3 showcase cars), I'm at tier 4, driver level 10 and have zero money.

At this rate it will take... 180 something hours to unlock all the cars.

Meh, not enjoying this economy. Been waiting a year to try the new NSX and the i8 on the track, seems like I'm still some time away.

Other than the FE cars and the 5 mod cards, is there any advantage to VIP this time? Usually it's double the credit reward for leveling but unless the regular reward is 10k you aren't getting that.

Also, if you feel like grinding, doing the shortest lap with the highest difficulty at Suzuka with the FE GTR is about 10k a minute if you do 1 lap races.
I find the economy has a good balance, gives you enough money to be able to buy cars when you need them but it isn't giving you so much that you have enough for race cars at the beginning of the game.

Did a quick 10 lap race on Maple Valley in the FE GT-R and got around 180k (and 2 level ups) for doing it with 3 VIP mod cards, and that was for a 5th place finish on Pro Drivatars. Even without that it would've been around 60k for a 30 minute race which I don't think is too bad.

Plus if you really want to give a car a try, there's always free play rentals.

I find the economy has a good balance, gives you enough money to be able to buy cars when you need them but it isn't giving you so much that you have enough for race cars at the beginning of the game.

Did a quick 10 lap race on Maple Valley in the FE GT-R and got around 180k (and 2 level ups) for doing it with 3 VIP mod cards, and that was for a 5th place finish on Pro Drivatars. Even without that it would've been around 60k for a 30 minute race which I don't think is too bad.

Plus if you really want to give a car a try, there's always free play rentals.
An Integera is 38k in this game, any car in tier 3 is going to cost over 200k (average is about 250k, some over 300k), not even gonna guess what the other tiers are at.

With how busy it is right now and then considering I'm going to be going to school while working full time and then afterwards be working two jobs...

I don't have time these days for grinding ********. After these fun little gaming spree and tomorrow I likely won't be able to play again til next Friday, possibly not til next Saturday.

They said they were trying to kill leaderboard cars, they made it very easy for them selfs, they killed the leaderboards.....
Yep that is what I was thinking too

Pretty sure the normal open class ABC's will be up before we know it. For now it seems every event/division got their own leaderboards..
I sure hope so. So far the only place I have saw leaderboards is in the rivals and there is very little there. For me even less than it appears as I can't stand the track day and autocross events and am not into drift events either.

73Gb now. Download speed is swinging wildly between 1.5Mb and 18Mb... God this is infuriating.
JUST DOWNLOAD ALREADY :banghead: :mad: :grumpy:

Hmm alittle dissappointed, They claimed we could tune from the lobbys. But all i can find i the same Seaching and changing tunes we had i FM6. Also there dont seem to be any penalities either.... Online still just a big crash fest.

73Gb now. Download speed is swinging wildly between 1.5Mb and 18Mb... God this is infuriating.
JUST DOWNLOAD ALREADY :banghead: :mad: :grumpy:
On PC or Xbox? At this point I'm still confused... thought the game was only 67GB.

If I go home after work and my game still needs to be downloaded I'll be pretty disappointed. :grumpy:

On PC or Xbox? At this point I'm still confused... thought the game was only 67GB.

If I go home after work and my game still needs to be downloaded I'll be pretty disappointed. :grumpy:

PC. That's why he's having all the downloading issues. Sucks for PC users that they have to use the W10 store, it's really just ****. No other way to describe it.

Hmm alittle dissappointed, They claimed we could tune from the lobbys. But all i can find i the same Seaching and changing tunes we had i FM6. Also there dont seem to be any penalities either.... Online still just a big crash fest.

Yeah I found that weird especially the lack of penalties since they had specifically said multiple times there was a new system

https://ar12gaming.com/articles/forza-7-adjudication

Perhaps they're waiting until all UE owners are in to turn it on? Or maybe for standard release?

I did a offline custom race with rain forecast for middle of race at Nurburgring. It was overcast & I could hardly see the track. Headlights you can turn on or off would be great addition.

Finally, my game is downloading. Microsoft said that it would start on the early release date. 7 Gigs done, it'll take a while...

Is it true that not only are you restricted to homologation in Rivals but you can't even use your own cars?

My first impressions
  • The night time transitions are gorgeous.

So you can 100% confirm dynamic time of day?!? If this is true why didn't they advertise it? I also bought the Ultimate Edition but thought it wouldn't unlocked until afternoon day of... Oh well... 6 more hours of work to go!

So you can 100% confirm dynamic time of day?!? If this is true why didn't they advertise it? I also bought the Ultimate Edition but thought it wouldn't unlocked until afternoon day of... Oh well... 6 more hours of work to go!

It's not exactly dynamic time of day like in PCars2 and FH3. There are definitely TOD transitions, like pretty much all of the night tracks will go from sunset to pitch black, but that's as far as it'll go. But you won't be able to go through a full 24hr day cycle like in the aforementioned games.

When will you guys be able to upload screenshots? need my face melted.

Finally figured it out.
01938FB9-6F9C-415A-956E-A9484990C985.png
26283C86-16A8-4A4F-9BE0-6DD228FAAE00.jpeg
F21DEE3A-75FA-4F40-9631-CA05ADA34B06.jpeg
3DD43A2A-16CB-47E4-BD86-126E84FA58FA.jpeg
13B2E3A5-14DD-47F0-BE4F-38DB231D81D7.jpeg
87A22272-421C-40F6-B55E-20AC7AABCD82.jpeg

I've only just noticed now that the Renault R.S 17 has the correct Pirelli P-Zero tyres. In the past games they've just been plain bare tyres. Very happy to have the proper ones like the NASCARs also have.

So I'm installing from disc to xbox as we speak. When will it be available for me to download as a play anywhere title to PC as at the moment it's saying I need to purchase in the store on PC?

Back