Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Mostly cynicism based on their general poor choices for vehicles they have added and removed from the series over the last few iterations.

As far as FE cars go, for every widebody ZL1 or almost DTM-inspired ATS-V, we also got a donk Monte Carlo, a Dodge Ram, or just random sparkly Dodge Dart or something... Seems inconclusive as to whether much positive could come to a Motorsport series game based on the ones we have so far a lot of them felt better suited to Horizon.

They did have a few genuinely great ones though that maybe show some promise, mainly the E30 M3 and the 3rd gen Firebird, would love see other cars from those eras given a similar treatment... Minus the oversized wheels and engine swap anyway.

I agree that some of the cars are ill-fitting, but than again so are quite a few stock road cars in the game. That’s part of the appeal for games like Forza and GT.

It’s also worth mentioning that all the Forza Edition cars in FM7 are well within the realm of what you might see in the real world.

As for adding and removing vehicles, it’s not always something they have a lot of control over as we have seen recently with Mitsubishi, Toyota, and Volkswagen.

I get being pessimistic about how FM8 will turn out as T10 did mess up 7 quite a bit, but the area being discussed is far from the biggest issue. I’m more worried about how they will sort the cars than which ones will be in the game.

Lykan Hypersport GT4? No thanks...
GT Sport has a Bugatti Veyron GT4. So a Lykan GT4 wouldn't be too absurd, though probably a better fit for GT3 or GT2.

Another Idea I came up with, Rather then inflating the car list with fictional GT3 and GT4 cars, Maybe add a "Race Preparation" option to the upgrade menu that swaps out the interior model with one based on a GT4 or GT3 racecar. Add a few generic GT inspired Rear wings and front bumpers and some Upgrade presets to bring the car to spec for GT4 or GT3. Top it off with some kind of Dynamic Car Division system that can detect if the car is built to within GT4 or GT3 rules to make it usable for races in that Division.

My 2 cents on the FE / Hot Wheels / Barrett Jackson / Fast n Furious cars:

FE Cars:
For the most part, none of these cars are competitive in the classes that I run. A,B,C classes. The FE Firebird can be built into an average car for Alps and Maple Valley. Far too many faster options out there. FE cars are collector cars. If you want to run in the front in A,B,C these cars are not an option.

Hot Wheels Cars:
For the most part the same as the description for the FE cars. One exception is the HW Mustang that is actually the leader board car of choice around Alps in A Class. The rest are collector cars.

Barrett Jackson Cars:
Collector Cars. You might be able to get the BJ Cuda to run decent, but it wont win many races against top competition. All but the Cuda are a complete waste of time.

Fast n Furious Cars:
Now there's some good cars in this pack. The 1966 FF Corvette is a darn good car in A Class. I have this car built 8 different ways for A class, and all of them are fast for their respective purposes. I haven't messed much with the rest. I tried the FF Jaguar. Waste of time. I have seen people run very good with the FF Porsche. Not a mid engine guy so never tried it. Have seen people run very good at acceleration tracks with the FF car with no doors and hood? Old Chevy cedan or something. I have never tried it. It's just too ugly for me.

Of the packs, I think the Fast n Furious cars have the most potential.

I hope we get some trans am race cars for forza 8. From the 70s- now, tdans am has some great racing and good sounding v8s for the most part.

Barrett Jackson Cars:
Collector Cars. You might be able to get the BJ Cuda to run decent, but it wont win many races against top competition. All but the Cuda are a complete waste of time.

Personally I bought the pack just for the Shelby. I'm an average player but so many cars I love just happen to be *bleeps* to drive. (The Lancia Stratos is probably my favourite car of all time.)

5nISD-HroSyGWtSfKUJPyI8oemJiFb6bzNt-KZJ8-Vg.jpg

I have developed some new things in the last few months on my tuning, and really made some huge improvements in times, and handling. Would you like me to take another crack at that Stratos for you? What PI number are you running? 650 - 675 - 700 ?

I have developed some new things in the last few months on my tuning, and really made some huge improvements in times, and handling. Would you like me to take another crack at that Stratos for you? What PI number are you running? 650 - 675 - 700 ?

Thanks, I've already DL a tune in FM7 and kind of got use to the Stratos.
I just meant car games in general like Dirt Rally, I've moved on to the equally *bleep* Maxi Turbo.
maxresdefault.jpg

My 2 cents on the FE / Hot Wheels / Barrett Jackson / Fast n Furious cars:

FE Cars:
For the most part, none of these cars are competitive in the classes that I run. A,B,C classes. The FE Firebird can be built into an average car for Alps and Maple Valley. Far too many faster options out there. FE cars are collector cars. If you want to run in the front in A,B,C these cars are not an option.

Hot Wheels Cars:
For the most part the same as the description for the FE cars. One exception is the HW Mustang that is actually the leader board car of choice around Alps in A Class. The rest are collector cars.

Barrett Jackson Cars:

Fast n Furious Cars:
Now there's some good cars in this pack. The 1966 FF Corvette is a darn good car in A Class. I have this car built 8 different ways for A class, and all of them are fast for their respective purposes. I haven't messed much with the rest. I tried the FF Jaguar. Waste of time. I have seen people run very good with the FF Porsche. Not a mid engine guy so never tried it. Have seen people run very good at acceleration tracks with the FF car with no doors and hood? Old Chevy cedan or something. I have never tried it. It's just too ugly for me.

Of the packs, I think the Fast n Furious cars have the most potential.

One change I would like to make in regards to the FE cars. In "A" Class, the BMW '97 FE car is a pretty good car.

Build Numbers:
Speed: 7.0
Handling: 5.7
Accel: 8.7
Braking: Forgot doesn't really matter

Car is pretty good on most tracks.

Hello everyone.

My name is Christopher Fraser I'm 33 and from scotland I am going to be buying forza 7 at the end of the month and I'm gonna be looking to join a racing league I haven't got a clue about tuning or car builds but if there is any racing that doesn't need builds ect to race I would be interested. I am a clean racer I have races in pervious racing league many years ago so I have a little experience racing.

Thank you.

Project 8 is not FM8. It's a fan project to show possible improvements for the paint editor and such.

What incredible work! 👍 I hope T10 will take some idea from that project, especially the improvements. It will make FM8 feel really new and fresh. :D

To be honest, after seeing them do a "half hearted" job on both FM7 and FH4 - despite fans' complaints and suggestions - I'm not really that excited for FM8 and believe it's going to be more hype than anything else.

Well then - being realistic here or too pessimistic? :D:lol:

To be honest, after seeing them do a "half hearted" job on both FM7 and FH4 - despite fans' complaints and suggestions - I'm not really that excited for FM8 and believe it's going to be more hype than anything else.

Well then - being realistic here or too pessimistic? :D:lol:
Actually though, T10 and PG have taken the complaints and suggestions to heart as of late, if the improvements in both games are anything to go by. Seeing how T10 and PG have updated their latest games over the years, it has really fueled my trust in them. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, like in the sound department, but those of us really appreciate what the two companies are attempting to do for the brand after the launches in 2017 and 18.

They're always improving which makes it all the better, well, at least the sounds are finally starting to get there. Just look at how FM7 and FH4 have grown, with brand new content and features added into the mix. I now have this belief that T10 and PG are not making these games to make money (well technically they are, but in a different way sort of), but are also trying to bring us fans together. Therefore communicating with them and catering to their requests, but some requests may take time, depending what those requests are. This also helps them to make their products better in the long run, so patience is a virtue.

I will agree though that both FM7 and FH4 did suffer in completion due to the two-year contract, before cutting it lose all together (which is good, finally!) T10 and PG are by no means perfect companies, so let's just leave it at that.

Now, PD... If anything, I say PD will be the ones trying to hype things up and nothing else when "GT7" eventually gets announced. It'll just be nostalgia this, nostalgia that in hopes of bringing old fans like myself back to the franchise, when it'll just be another unfinished mess and them trying to "complete" it through hundreds of updates like GT5, 6 and Sport.

And yes, this is me being pessimistic because I don't trust the company (PD) anymore, especially after they cowardly abandoned the formula for a niche one, just so they can run away from Forza because Kaz knew his company couldn't beat them in game design alone. Thus targeting iRacing to try and reboot the franchise...

Anyways, end rant. I'm not putting in this on you, I'm just expressing my distrust in the company. Unless they, Kaz, actually starts showing they care about the fanbase and not just the hardcores, I'm sticking with Forza.

If Forza screws up, than the racing genre means nothing to me...

Last edited:
Actually though, T10 and PG have taken the complaints and suggestions to heart as of late, if the improvements in both games are anything to go by. Seeing how T10 and PG have updated their latest games over the years, it has really fueled my trust in them. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, like in the sound department, but those of us really appreciate what the two companies are attempting to do for the brand after the launches in 2017 and 18.

They're always improving which makes it all the better, well, at least the sounds are finally starting to get there. Just look at how FM7 and FH4 have grown, with brand new content and features added into the mix. I now have this belief that T10 and PG are not making these games to make money (well technically they are, but in a different way sort of), but are also trying to bring us fans together. Therefore communicating with them and catering to their requests, but some requests may take time, depending what those requests are. This also helps them to make their products better in the long run, so patience is a virtue.

I will agree though that both FM7 and FH4 did suffer in completion due to the two-year contract, before cutting it lose all together (which is good, finally!) T10 and PG are by no means perfect companies, so let's just leave it at that.

Now, PD... If anything, I say PD will be the ones trying to hype things up and nothing else when "GT7" eventually gets announced. It'll just be nostalgia this, nostalgia that in hopes of bringing old fans like myself back to the franchise, when it'll just be another unfinished mess and them trying to "complete" it through hundreds of updates like GT5, 6 and Sport.

And yes, this is me being pessimistic because I don't trust the company (PD) anymore, especially after they cowardly abandoned the formula for a niche one, just so they can run away from Forza because Kaz knew his company couldn't beat them in game design alone. Thus targeting iRacing to try and reboot the franchise...

Anyways, end rant. I'm not putting in this on you, I'm just expressing my distrust in the company. Unless they, Kaz, actually starts showing they care about the fanbase and not just the hardcores, I'm sticking with Forza.

If Forza screws up, than the racing genre means nothing to me...

Gotta give praise where it's due - I liked how they improved the menus in FM7 and "somewhat" improved the laggy menu selection and all that. THe car sound update was a welcome change but didn't do much to improve the flat and hollow sound effects with little sense of bass and visceral power (e.g. like in FM5 and 6). And all the other improvements don't mean much to me.

I'm on the fence right now whether to take a chance on PS5 + GT7 - time will tell I suppose.

Hmm, if Forza screws up - then there's Assetto Corsa and PCARS maybe? I love those two to death, especially Assetto.

Thank goodness I'm still working during this virus thing although we have reduced hours so that has given me more time to play racing games. Since I now have more time I've been exploring more cars.

One of the cars that I recently tried out was the Porsche Carrera from 1973 I think. When I was driving it at times it felt like the front end was coming off the ground like it was doing a wheelie. A few days later I was driving another car in that same class and that Porsche was a couple of cars ahead of me and indeed you could see the front end almost bounce up in the air into a wheelie.

Did that car actually do that in real life?

Thank goodness I'm still working during this virus thing although we have reduced hours so that has given me more time to play racing games. Since I now have more time I've been exploring more cars.

One of the cars that I recently tried out was the Porsche Carrera from 1973 I think. When I was driving it at times it felt like the front end was coming off the ground like it was doing a wheelie. A few days later I was driving another car in that same class and that Porsche was a couple of cars ahead of me and indeed you could see the front end almost bounce up in the air into a wheelie.

That car does pull the front tires off the ground with certain setups in it. It's rear engine/rear wheel drive means all the weight is in the rear of the car, and more grip with the rear tires than the front. To counteract this, you try to tune your suspension to put more weight transfer to the front, which isn't easy. When doing this, the cars rear tends to jump out from under you.

I have several cars that will pull the front tires off the ground in certain situations. Most of the time it's not that big of a deal.

That car does pull the front tires off the ground with certain setups in it. It's rear engine/rear wheel drive means all the weight is in the rear of the car, and more grip with the rear tires than the front. To counteract this, you try to tune your suspension to put more weight transfer to the front, which isn't easy. When doing this, the cars rear tends to jump out from under you.

I have several cars that will pull the front tires off the ground in certain situations. Most of the time it's not that big of a deal.

I run everything at just standard homologation setups and I only tried that car one time. Didn't really impress me that much so I haven't used it anymore but I was just curious if this was an in game thing only or did they have that same reputation in real life. I know the Lamborghini Miura in real life would get light in the front end especially on lower fuel levels since the fuel tank was positioned near the front wheels.

When can we expect to see FM8's announcement? Is this what is like to wait for a game you adore most? It feels like forever. :P I'm just dying hear news about it!

This is back in September of 2019, but it has me really excited (especially reviving Forza's past roots like FM3 and FM4!) Same with the new models T10 has been making. Have a read yourself.
Linky

Happens with multiple 911s in this game, I think the RS 4.0 has it significantly worse than the rest. May have been a trait with the '73 RS, but the 2000 & up 911s shouldn't be doing that. Somewhere, there's a bug or something causing it. You can try googling the car & Forza 7 to fix it. There should be a handful of posts on the official forums or Forza Reddit with setups to combat it without upsetting the rest of the car.

When can we expect to see FM8's announcement? Is this what is like to wait for a game you adore most? It feels like forever. :P I'm just dying hear news about it!
They usually announce during E3 in June, but this year's show is cancelled, so who knows?

They usually announce during E3 in June, but this year's show is cancelled, so who knows?
Yeah! 👍 I have this thought that says they will make an announcement for FM8 sometime in May, and reveal the game in full during Xbox's live stream that is replacing E3 after its cancellation. There we will hear so many great things about what T10 has been doing with the game, and what it will contain in content and features!! FH4 is likely to be there too, running on the Xbox Series X and all. Can you imagine a final expansion during FM8's reveal/announcement!!?? :D:D:D

Sorry, I'm getting too exciting now. :D :P I just can't stop thinking about how close we're getting to FM8. I really want it to blow us away! :D:D:D

There are two things I always look for in each Motorsport game reveal: seeing which racing division they’re going to focus on (60s GP? 70s touring cars?), and what the new big signature racetrack will be.

I expect FM8 at the big Xbox Series X event to reveal the game as one of the launch games. I hope we get this event in april or may. For the e3 event they'll focus on non launch games imo. Can't wait to see FM8 with all the changes Turn10 talked about in the Forza Monthly. Should bring the franchise back on track.

I wonder how they will handle the cross gen phase and how different the game will be - at least graphically - between Series X and Xbox One.

To pass the time whilst staying home due to the current pandemic I brought another Xbox and Forza 7. I brought Forza 7 on release and really enjoyed it. So getting back into it was still very enjoyable given the game is a few years old also. I really like the experimental drag mode that wasn't around when I had the game originally. So much more challenging and fun then the standard Forza drag mode over the years.

I don't mind the homologation being mandatory for career events but my hope is in Forza 8 they make it optional or have career events where anything goes because as a player since FM2 the fun in being able to upgrade a D class into an A class fighter is a big part of the game for me.

No FM8 this year, Halo Infinite is the big launch game this time. T10 has barely started development on FM8.
Wrong. It's already been confirmed that FM8 is already playable after going through phases of development. Plus it had its first world play test at T10 where they tested out the game. Anytime now they can release the game, but obviously they are waiting for the Xbox Series X to launch first.

If you have no source to back up your claim, than not only are you wrong, but also you have no prove. No way T10 is gonna miss out this year. What you meant to say was no GT7 this year.

Back