Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Yes, that's normal for most of the tracks with only a day setting. They said that they'd be random when you start each race, which kind of sucks. Why are we able to select rain options, but not day options?
Figured it might be random, that's a shame. Especially when I like to take photos and the time of day is actually important.

In FM6 I think we could change the time of day to sunset, afternoon or night? Why drop that feature...

Last edited:
Figured it might be random, that's a shame. Especially when I like to take photos and the time of day is actually important.

In FM6 I think we could change the time of day so sunset, afternoon or night? Why drop that feature...
This is exactly why I hate the way they've implemented it. I like to take photos, and when its totally random I'll be sitting there refreshing the track, and that takes a pretty long time. I really don't understand why they just don't enable it to be selectable.

FM7 seems to be full of head scratchers. Like why can't I cycle quickly through upgrades using the bumpers anymore? It makes going through the wheels really annoying now. Or, speaking of rims, why can't we adjust the stock wheel size? And for pete's sake, why was FH3's basket system dropped? In hindsight, that was the most innovative thing Forza's done this generation.

FM7 seems to be full of head scratchers. Like why can't I cycle quickly through upgrades using the bumpers anymore? It makes going through the wheels really annoying now. Or, speaking of rims, why can't we adjust the stock wheel size? And for pete's sake, why was FH3's basket system dropped? In hindsight, that was the most innovative thing Forza's done this generation.
Yup, more than any other Forza I've asked myself, "what were they thinking?" many times. Not big stuff but small oversights like this you gotta wonder how they missed.

Yup, more than any other Forza I've asked myself, "what were they thinking?" many times. Not big stuff but small oversights like this you gotta wonder how they missed.
I get the feeling that they're changing things just to differentiate itself from the Forzas.

I get the feeling that they're changing things just to differentiate itself from the Forzas.
I'm not so sure, to be honest. I think they focused too much on their big selling points that the other smaller things didn't get as much QC as the rest.

I've not played FH3 so not sure what the basket system is.
I think one of the best things they added to Forza since I started playing it was the ability to gift a tune to a friend but of course they took that away :(
I also like the new division system quite a lot, I liked the classes before but to many cars could not compete and as of FM3 when they started letting super cars and highly modified street cars into the R and P classes a lot of the race cars no longer were capable of competing either. The new system is much better though long over due

Or, speaking of rims, why can't we adjust the stock wheel size? And for pete's sake, why was FH3's basket system dropped? In hindsight, that was the most innovative thing Forza's done this generation.
The basket system was well-received by everyone, so I have no idea why is wasn't implemented by FM7, other than the fact that Playground Games developed FH3 and T10 kept FM7 in-house. There was a work around early on in FH3 where the basket system could be used to increase the size of stock wheels. It was so popular they added in the ability to change the size of stock wheels without having to use the basket system. It seems like PG is more receptive to the wishes of the players than T10.

The basket system was well-received by everyone, so I have no idea why is wasn't implemented by FM7, other than the fact that Playground Games developed FH3 and T10 kept FM7 in-house. There was a work around early on in FH3 where the basket system could be used to increase the size of stock wheels. It was so popular they added in the ability to change the size of stock wheels without having to use the basket system. It seems like PG is more receptive to the wishes of the players than T10.

So is this basket system something like what they added into NFS about 10-15 years ago where you could use sliders in change the size, width and depth of the rim?

Ok yep, I have saw that in a game before, speeds things up a bit, would be nice to have
It also saves you quite a bit of money when you're fiddling around with the parts trying to find a good balance.

Edit: I got another one. Why do I have to start a freeplay race just to test drive my cars? Seems like a lot of pointless trouble to me.

It also saves you quite a bit of money when you're fiddling around with the parts trying to find a good balance.

Edit: I got another one. Why do I have to start a freeplay race just to test drive my cars? Seems like a lot of pointless trouble to me.

You don;t actually have to start a free play race, you do have to go into freeplay and load the track you want to drive on though. It takes a bit of getting used to but it is actually better than it was before as once you load the track you can switch cars, buy upgrades, tune, test drive and move to another without having to keep selecting the track and wait for it to load the way you did in all the previous versions of Forza.

Sometimes I get curious about the locations used for fantasy tracks in Forza Motorsport games. From what I can tell Rio was pretty accurate save for a few street locations, and Prague too.

Looking at some of the key points you cross on Dubai however...

0494D8EF-E254-4F9F-B240-18E39B8579C9.png

So, the Xbox Live core is down, which means that i cannot start the game, AGAIN. I can't even access the official forum and even the live status website doesn't seem to be working. (EDIT: Actually, THE WHOLE WEBSITE is down.)

Even I am surprised to say this, but after hearing about the updated photomode in GT Sport, i'm on the verge of switching to PS4...

Sometimes I get curious about the locations used for fantasy tracks in Forza Motorsport games. From what I can tell Rio was pretty accurate save for a few street locations, and Prague too.

Looking at some of the key points you cross on Dubai however...

View attachment 679061

Having been to Prague in Real life, The location is spot on but the track itself would never ever work.

The roads are a lot smaller in real life than they are in the game, Plus the 2nd bridge you drive across is not at all accessible to drive on. Plus there are steps and giant blockades at the other end.. Trust me one of the first things I did when I was out there was try and find the Forza Track layout ;D

I was out in Dubai last year and went out into the Dessert, from what I can see some of it looks spot on though the bit where you see the Airport doesn't look so.. I still haven't bought Forza 7 so until I do I can't really give a fair opinion on this track.

Never been to Rio so can't judge that one.

But as Meatloaf would say, 2 out of 3 ain't bad ;D

Copying a post I made on the official forums, anyone here using an Elite Controller for Forza?

———-

Hi everyone,

I came across this deal earlier which some of you might be interested in if you’re on the fence about Forza Motorsport 7.

Argos (a UK retailer) is doing a promotion with their Xbox One Elite Controllers, where you can pick one up plus a copy of either Shadow of War or Forza Motorsport 7 (Standard Edition) for £109.99.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4488556

I already have Forza Motorsport 7 but I’m kind of tempted by this, and I can make use of the extra copy (possibly as a gift for a friend or something similar).

I am a pad player but I wanted to ask you all, how has the Xbox One Elite Controller been for you, specifically when playing Forza games?

Did anything feel different when you made the switch for example, and did the extra paddles and custom settings have an impact on your driving at all?

Any input at all would be appreciated, thanks I’m advance.

Last edited:
I've been having problems with my photos not showing up in my forzamotorsport.net gallery. I take the photos. They say they uploaded. But they aren't in my gallery. I log out. I log back in. Still nothing.

Update for Forza just downloaded on my PC

Not sure what is in the update, did not see any message providing info.

Looks like the memory leak on the wheel browsing is still there

Last edited:
Question. I know there's car packs slated, but is there any track packs that's been talked about, or the number of tracks in the game is what we get?

@PJTierney I heard that the elite controllers last for about 10 months. I don't know if that's the first batch, or what. Might be better now..

Last edited:
Question. I know there's car packs slated, but is there any track packs that's been talked about, or the number of tracks in the game is what we get?

With FM6 we got two themed expansion packs that both included a track each (VIR was tied to the Porsche pack and Homestead was tied with NASCAR) so hopefully we'll get something similar. FM5 gave 2 free tracks (I believe) but that's really because there were so few to begin with) I'd really like to see an IMSA pack with 20something cars and Mosport or Mid-Ohio, but time will tell what we'll end up getting expansion/trackwise, if anything at all.

With FM6 we got two themed expansion packs that both included a track each (VIR was tied to the Porsche pack and Homestead was tied with NASCAR) so hopefully we'll get something similar. FM5 gave 2 free tracks (I believe) but that's really because there were so few to begin with) I'd really like to see an IMSA pack with 20something cars and Mosport or Mid-Ohio, but time will tell what we'll end up getting expansion/trackwise, if anything at all.

Hey, thanks for your answer. Wasn't VIR and Homestead on previous iterations, or am I thinking of something else? I'd love more tracks myself, but I guess now it's just a waiting game.

Nope, both were brand new to the series. Suzuka and Mugello however were in previous FM's and have returned to FM7.

You don;t actually have to start a free play race, you do have to go into freeplay and load the track you want to drive on though. It takes a bit of getting used to but it is actually better than it was before as once you load the track you can switch cars, buy upgrades, tune, test drive and move to another without having to keep selecting the track and wait for it to load the way you did in all the previous versions of Forza.
And you get paid for it, too.

That alone makes up for the removal of a Test Drive option in the tuning screen, imo.

And you get paid for it, too.

That alone makes up for the removal of a Test Drive option in the tuning screen, imo.

Well yes and no, you get paid if you run a race. You do not get paid for test drive but once you have loaded the track you can test drive, tune, upgrade race, switch cars all without ever having to pick a track and wait for it to load.

It used to be you get a car, go to tune and test drive or just test drive. You then had to pick a track and wait for it to load. You drive it, maybe pause and tweak a little then you realize you need to add a upgraded trans to get the gear you need so you exit test drive, go to upgrades, install the trans then back to test drive select the track, wait for the track to load. Then you start driving and opps forgot to get brakes while you were there so exit .... wait for track to load. Now you only need to load the track and you can drive, tune, upgrade, drive tune, upgrade and if you want race.

It is way better than before if for no reason other than the time you can save when building a car. If only it didn't crash when you look at to many wheels.

Oh they also added the test drive, tune and upgrade options in the career lobbies so you can do the same thing there.

Did I mention that they finally added rewind to the test drive mode. This is a biggie to me, something I have been wanting since the first day they added rewind. Should be a real time saver tuning for the longer tracks.

The Mugen CRX has a fairly agressive VTEC crossover at 5000rpm (or when it kicks in yo)... VTEC, however, came to existence in 1989, 5 years after this car... They just ported over the sound of the B16A from the CRX SiR. :indiff:

Damnit, T10, it’s stupid little details like that you have to work on.

Latest Posts

Back