Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Anyone else get Master chief race suits and a similar looking one with red and the Porsche 911 RSR (finally!) Lol

They started rolling out yesterday to all qualified players.

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_1_5_18

Thanks , but as you can see putting it ON to LIMIT would mean the opposite, so it is poorly written which is why I asked, thanks
A reasonable assumption. According to a number of players the system is implemented "backwards" with On = More Aggressive and Off = Less Aggressive.

Does anybody know how to disable the obnoxious swaying and movement the camera has in chase view? It is seriously annoying and unneeded.

Not the best start to a race.

And this happened right after I had 2 of the cleanest races I've ever had in an public hopper.

Would need to see this from a different angle/car to figure out what happened. It is not entirely clear whether or not there was intent to wreck or if it was the usual case of people not having enough skill, patience or spatial awareness to drive safely.

I will also say that Prague Reverse has one of the roughest opening sectors in the entire game for Multiplayer, with tight barriers, blind spots, multiple choke points, hard-angled geometry and a wide enough entry to Turn 1 for multiple entry lines to potentially cross one another. It also looks like you were in the S-Class Hopper, and in any open-Class race you are going to have all sorts of different acceleration rates, turning circles and weight differences.

In other words, everything from track and car selection to typical player behaviours and your preferred camera view was working against you and the end result was almost inevitable.

In other words, everything from track and car selection to typical player behaviours and your preferred camera view was working against you and the end result was almost inevitable.
I fully understand that. It is just amazing that something this bad would happen after the same lobby with most of the same players just had several clean races right before this. The race just before this one I got away with having zero contact with another car. Guess the luck was bound to run out eventually.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst115884_Forza-Motorsport-7-Race-Marshal-Program.aspx

We’re always looking for ways to make the Forza community stronger and to improve the online experience in games like Forza Motorsport 7. To that end, we’re pleased to announce the introduction of the Forza Motorsport 7Race Marshal Program.

What is a Forza Race Marshal?

Forza Race Marshals are members of the community who have been trusted with the ability to help ensure everybody has a positive racing experience when racing online.

To that end, all Forza Race Marshals will have the ability to remove misbehaving players from multiplayer lobbies at the end of races, just like Turn 10 staff members can do.

By extending the number of people who have this power to trusted members of the Forza Community, our goal is to improve the racing experience for all Forza Motorsport 7 players.

Race Marshals can be identified by the (optional) Race Marshal Badge that appears beside their Gamertag. You can see an example of the Badge below(the shield icon).

9F9CN01.png

What do Forza Race Marshals do?

While racing online, Forza Race Marshals keep an eye out for misbehaviour in Multiplayer lobbies. If a player is being especially troublesome, a Race Marshal can instantly remove them from a lobby by using the "Vote to Kick" option.

If a player is showing themselves to be a repeated problem for other players across multiple races, they may be reported to Turn 10 for further action. Forza Race Marshals do not have the power to ban people from playing online, that is something that can only be done by Turn 10 staff.

Forza Race Marshals are trusted to use their best judgement when deciding to take action on a player, based on their years of (virtual) racing experience and knowledge of what does and does not constitute clean racing. Turn 10 reserves the right to remove Race Marshal status from any player.

While most forms of motorsport (both real and virtual) are non-contact events, any player can make a simple mistake and accidents do happen. If you cause a genuine accident, don't worry. A common form of racing etiquette after an accident is to find a safe place to slow down and let the other car back past. That not only shows that you are willing to admit you made a mistake that affected another driver's race, it also shows to the other player that you are somebody the cares about clean racing and is willing to make things right when they go wrong.

Forza Race Marshals are looking for instances where a driver is very clearly not playing in a sporting manner and is trying to spoil the fun of other competitors. The behavior of these players is often quite obvious and different to those who are genuinely trying to race.

How does one become a Forza Race Marshal?

Forza Race Marshals are considered valuable members of the Forza community who have shown that they understand the fundamentals of a positive online racing experience and can display good judgement in identifying clean" and "dirty" players. The Turn 10 Community Team is responsible for adding additional Race Marshal members and one of the criteria for marshal inclusion is a trusted relationship. If you’re interested in volunteering as a race marshal, send an Xbox Live message to me (GT: Helios T10). If you are chosen as a marshal, we will contact you directly.

via @HeliosT10

So I have gotten the paint bug where cars go flat grey in paint color, and sometimes in my case, green and purple technicolor hallucinations.

Sure, it's an easy fix, so the forums say, but it really goes to show just how seemingly pushed out Forza 7 is. Maybe even more so, it feels like an indictment on just how slow T10 is in trying to patch bugs that are affecting a wide swath of the community.

So I have gotten the paint bug where cars go flat grey in paint color, and sometimes in my case, green and purple technicolor hallucinations.

Sure, it's an easy fix, so the forums say, but it really goes to show just how seemingly pushed out Forza 7 is. Maybe even more so, it feels like an indictment on just how slow T10 is in trying to patch bugs that are affecting a wide swath of the community.
I keep getting that bug in my FM7 garage. I forgot which one it was, but there's a smallish off road buggy type thing that keeps going purple & blue/yellow. It looks like a golf kart, I forgotten it's name. That's probably no help, but no matter how many times I change the colour, it always seems to mess up. Even if I give it its default livery/colour scheme. Some of the liveries on my cars (such as the RS200) has dissapeared, and changes I make will not show in the garage. Think I'm going to go back to FM6 to complete what I need to do until some of these bugs get fixed.

Anybody else have problems with not getting unlocked new Forza Veteran Tier badge by achieving it after first launch of game?

More than week ago I went through magic 10 000 points and now I'm Tier 8 - everything is ok in Forza Hub, but in game badge is not unlocked.

Not something crucial but seems like bug.

Anybody else have problems with not getting unlocked new Forza Veteran Tier badge by achieving it after first launch of game?

More than week ago I went through magic 10 000 points and now I'm Tier 8 - everything is ok in Forza Hub, but in game badge is not unlocked.

Not something crucial but seems like bug.

The Tier badges are only unlocked based on your Tier level when you start the game. The do not unlock if you go further up in Tier during gameplay.

I am glad that Turn 10 is implementing this. I would have signed up for it a few years ago, but these days I spend as little time online as possible. I am down for racing with known or somewhat known entities who will try to be clean, but in the public hoppers, I never know what I would get. And I grew tired of the crap shoot some time ago. Still... this may even entice me to play more multiplayer sessions.

Not the best start to a race.

And this happened right after I had 2 of the cleanest races I've ever had in an public hopper.

Wow... I never knew that a car could become stuck in a wall.

But more importantly. How did you get Shadow Play to record at 60FPs? My videos end up looking like a potato captured the footage @ 30FPS.

But more importantly. How did you get Shadow Play to record at 60FPs? My videos end up looking like a potato captured the footage @ 30FPS.
I just went into the settings and set it up to record at 1440P 60FPS at 50Mbps. It also helps to record to a separate Drive then the one the game is installed on, especially if your not using an SSD.

I think the max quality setting vary based on the GPU as well. My old GTX780 could do 1080P 60FPS, but only 30FPS at 1440P. My newer GTX 1070 supports up to 4K60FPS at 130Mbps.

Latest Posts

Back