Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Pic

Attachments

• 20200611_161247.jpg
    20200611_161247.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 84
I tried out the new Forza Race Regulation in Class A yesterday, and I was instant blown away at how clean it was! There were some moments of take outs (like one or two here or there in one race), but other that, the lobby was pure clean racing.

It also helps that the bumper car physics is not a thing in Forza 7 anymore, so it made racing on track less terrifying. Just tap bumper to bumper, and no one goes flying off to space. Lol.

For their first time, I think T10 has done an outstanding job on FRR, and are currently in a great position to make online racing in FM8 exhilarating thanks to it. Now, if we only implement a match making system into the next game to make it competitive (and clean) for online racing. User-made online lobbies is also needed as well. 👍

Good to know the FFB is on par - wish they'd pay the same attention to car sounds and getting the other track sounds right.

MP needs an overhaul to be honest - just have dedicated lobbies for 'kiddie racing' where all the rammers can live it up, while us lads can focus on real racing.

Last edited:
Juts been playing around a bit with Forza the last few days and notice they never did fix the HP issues with the AI on the top difficulty settings. I had reported this early on and they said they would address it. It seems to only happen in some classes but where it does and on some tracks the AI really is unbeatable. For example I was just on Homestead in the Formula 90s car set to either of the top 2 settings the AI was way over powered. The Ferrari was running about 950hp and the McClaren was running over 1000hp I was driving the Ferrari which has roughly 680hp and can't be increased. The McClaren has a lower gear setting so they were hitting the rev limiter are were not a big issue once up to speed but the Ferrari has a higher gear and just runs off and leaves everybody. Looking at the leader board after the race the AI in the Ferrari was about 1/2 second faster than the #1 leaderboard time where if the car had the proper HP it would have been more likely a full second behind the top time.

Good to know the FFB is on par - wish they'd pay the same attention to car sounds and getting the other track sounds right.

MP needs an overhaul to be honest - just have dedicated lobbies for 'kiddie racing' where all the rammers can live it up, while us lads can focus on real racing.
They were talking about FRR, not FFB. FRR is "Forza Race Regulations," their penalty system.

The FRR is a step forward for the series, but is still pretty inconsistent. It really spoils the racing sometimes when two cars take nearly identical lines and run a little wide on exit, one gets a quarter of a second penalty and the other gets 1.5 seconds. To be fair to Turn 10 though, no system I've seen in any game is perfect, so it's not like it's an easy thing to do.

FRR won't make multiplayer exciting in FM8 though, it will just make it less of a ******** when it comes to the driving standard. The game desperately needs changes to the drafting system, tire wear, fuel burn, and pit stops before the racing can improve... Proven by the large number of organized racing groups out there that already have clean racing but are still struggling to maintain interest/excitement for racing on Forza.

So, FM7 coming to the Game Pass/xCloud with no licensing issues, bodes well for the future Forza Motorsport car roster?

I think that they have a different approach in regards of licensing. Remember what happened with KTM X-Bow GT4? Maybe now if anything expires they will just remove/update relevant design/car? :confused:

I think that they have a different approach in regards of licensing. Remember what happened with KTM X-Bow GT4? Maybe now if anything expires they will just remove/update relevant design/car? :confused:
What happened with this? I've been under a rock lately

What happened with this? I've been under a rock lately

The whole True Racing livery which car has originally shipped with has been removed in one of the updates and now it is just plain black carbon (also the name of the car changed).

Before:
MyInDRf.jpg

After:
VEayfJs.jpg

Looks like this is coming to Xbox GamePass.
Don't know anything else but it shows up briefly then goes away.

For anyone like myself that doesn’t have the car pass it’s 70% off atm. Was actually thinking of buying it at full price a couple of weeks back but couldn’t justify the expense so $13 AUD is actually pretty good value.

I really like the driver gear. It was one of the few things about FM7 that I liked right from the start.

I really like the driver gear. It was one of the few things about FM7 that I liked right from the start.

I like it too, but the special ones... honestly I don't know what is the point of a reward (or a gift) of a driver gear which is already obtained and present in the game since the beginning?

I wouldn't complain if that would be a Climbkhana or Tanner Foust gear which are still locked for me :ill:

I like the driver gear too but moreso the motorsport orientated stuff. Not a fan of the pop culture suits like Santa etc. Reminds me of Gran Turismo 6 where you pick the helmet and suit and your avatar looked quite professional (even if my driving showed otherwise haha). Havent played GTSport but that sounds like theyve taken it one step further with an editor.

I like the driver gear too but moreso the motorsport orientated stuff. Not a fan of the pop culture suits like Santa etc. Reminds me of Gran Turismo 6 where you pick the helmet and suit and your avatar looked quite professional (even if my driving showed otherwise haha). Havent played GTSport but that sounds like theyve taken it one step further with an editor.
I appreciate that. The suits in GT6 and the professional race suits in FM7 look great. But I also enjoy the pop culture suits in FM7. I appreciate the sense of humor behind them.

Hey All,hoping someone can assist here. Have had FM7 (pc install)for some time now for the kids but it wont start anymore, loading windows starts, then after 5-8 minutes it just dies.

Things I have tried.

Reset Game in windows
reset store in windows
reset xbox app in windows
flush store cache in windows
renew all licences via powershell script.
wsreset (this does nothing, just a hanging black command window)

etc etc etc

(basically everything I could find online from what seem sto be a rather common issue)

and finally, reinstall game

All to no avail, a mate wants to play online with me and I dont want to have to resort to xbox.

Last edited:
Back