Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
That explains why Bill's doing all the interviews then.

I guess Dan now heads up the overall vision of Motorsport/Horizon with Bill (Motorsport) and Ralph Fulton (Horizon/Playground) focusing on their own titles in more detail.
...while also having time to architect forza franchise number 3, would be my guess ;)

Just watching Xbox Daily with Bill Geise and there talking about the game. There is going to be a new campaign mode called the Forza Drivers Cup where you 'write your own motorsport story'.

It sounds vaguely similar to what we had in Forza Motorsport 4 (the curated career portion, not the bucket list). In that game the track rotations were already set, but the types of events you could compete in would change based on what car you were driving.

It's not the total freedom of Forza Horizon 3's Blueprint feature, but should be a happy medium between that and what we had in Forza Motorsport 6.

Certainly, and I'd like them to fix the bugs if they can. On the other hand, Forza tends to have less bugs than most games, at least in my experience. As someone who works in production, I'm well aware that attempting to remove all the problems is both impossible and incredibly time consuming.

I didn't say Turn 10 should try to remove all bugs. I made a counterargument to you correctly saying that fiddling with code can introduce bugs. I was requesting a penalty system after all, which would require some work in the code, unlike the tire barriers on the inside of every corner.

Because I'm a gamer of moderate intelligence and I'm able to comprehend prioritisation. I don't expect games to be bug free, I expect them to have minimal bugs and no showstoppers. I'm happy for them to spend time adding features and content over squishing rare bugs, because as a player I think that the return for me is better. And I'm glad that they, as developers, agree.

I was responding to your comments on the absence of a penalty system, so let's not turn this into a discussion about the need for bug fixes. Anyway, if you're happy to see things added, why did my request for penalty system provoke you to make a clear distinction between what is needed and what is my personal opinion? It's not like I made any demands.

Everything is pretty down to earth compared to FH3. Compared to AC or even pCARS, Motorsport can be pretty cavalier with it's "realism". It, like Gran Turismo, is at best a caricature of real racing.

Yes, and I'm fine with this. It doesn't mean we can't highlight things we'd like to see becoming more immersive. For me, the intensity of thunderstorms happen to be one of those things, and it's not like I voice some random concern because "people will always find something to complain about". More immersive rain is something I have advocated since not being happy with how it was done in FM6.

You're on a discussion board. If you don't want your opinion discussed, don't post it. Fortunately, you don't get to dictate what I and others get to post about, so I'm quite happy to discuss your opinion until the cows come home.

Except he wasn't discussing my opinion. He was just trying to shut me up with the usual no one is forcing you to buy it type of logic. It came across as someone trying to dictate what I talk about. I asked him to be constructive instead, but feel free to blame me for that. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Via Forzacentral, exclusive pre-order race suit I imagine:

DCLXCQ7UwAAQ-Rw

Looks like the movements your avatar would do on the Xbox 360.

I was thinking exactly the same. It's hardly the actions of a driver calmly composing themselves before an intense and dangerous race.

It screams Dudebro arcade racer to me, not serious sim. Having the driver in consultation with their race engineer or checking the tyres would be far more appropriate. Or even just standing there with arms folded.

I was responding to your comments on the absence of a penalty system, so let's not turn this into a discussion about the need for bug fixes. Anyway, if you're happy to see things added, why did my request for penalty system provoke you to make a clear distinction between what is needed and what is my personal opinion? It's not like I made any demands.

Uh huh.

But Turn 10 needs to write or rewrite some code, that's the point!

Why, what's this? It's almost like at the start of the conversation you were talking about how T10 needed to write code!

Except he wasn't discussing my opinion. He was just trying to shut me up with the usual no one is forcing you to buy it type of logic. It came across as someone trying to dictate what I talk about. I asked him to be constructive instead, but feel free to blame me for that. :rolleyes:

Ah, my apologies. I have him on ignore. The new board software leaves a less obvious gap when quotes are omitted now, so I thought you were talking directly to me.

Considering all tracks variations,im quote sure it feel like we have 60+ tracks rather than 30+
I literally cant wait end of september - yes,kill me now - i already preordered Ultimate edition :P :D

I've sent a tweet to various Turn 10 people asking about this. No guarantee that they'll answer of course (busy people and all that) but if you're also curious about Friction Assist then it might be worth adding questions to this tweet and seeing if we get more info.

If Friction Assist is allowed in Multiplayer then there's a concern for the integrity of Hopper lobbies, as you'd essentially have people playing with 2 different physics models on the same track. To put it another way, it would be like using Mod Cards in Multiplayer.

-----

Update:

Last edited:
I said impossible to drive without helicopters, not impossible to play because of helicopters. There's a big difference.
Not really. Your point remains the same. There's a complaint about how the game overdoes the presentation; it's not realistic to always have that many helicopters around everywhere.

It remains a minimal nuisance exaggerated by using the word, "impossible".

Why, what's this? It's almost like at the start of the conversation you were talking about how T10 needed to write code!

That's exactly what I was referring to. Are you having a gripe with my opinion stated as fact? I think it something most of us are guilty of once in a while, and it's not like I said they must do it. Meanwhile, I did reinforce my viewpoint (as fact) after you wrote the following in response to my problem with Turn 10 once again circumventing additional code writing by adding tire walls to the inside of corners:

Writing random code because you think it sounds cool or just for :censored:s and giggles is how you end up with GT5 1.01.

Penalty systems are hardly random code, in my opinion.

Probably on the lower spectrum of "more than thirty" much like when FM5 was announced with "Hundreds of vehicles" and turned out to be just 2 hundreds lol.

Yes, probably.

Not really. Your point remains the same. There's a complaint about how the game overdoes the presentation; it's not realistic to always have that many helicopters always around.

It remains a minimal nuisance exaggerated by using the word, "impossible".

No, the difference is that your interpretation of my point assumed that I'm some idiot who cannot drive because of the Forza helicopters always flying around. No doubt that I can drive just fine, helicopters or not. However, it doesn't change the fact that it's currently impossible to have a free play session without their constant presence. This is by no means an exaggeration.

My main concern with the multiple helicopters is how the sound of rotor blades often creates unnecessary noise drowning out the exhaust and engine sounds. Then there's the way in which helicopters can overdo presentation like severe thunderstorms arguably do... You can call it a minor nuisance, opinion noted. Granted there are other things to worry about, the somewhat over the top presentation has simply grown to become an annoyance of mine.

Last edited:
Nielsen
No, the difference is that your interpretation of my point assumed that I'm some idiot who cannot drive because of the Forza helicopters always flying around.
Ah, so it went from people complaining to your complaint.
No doubt that I can drive just fine, helicopters or not. However, it doesn't change the fact that it's currently impossible to have a free play session without their constant presence. This is by no means an exaggeration.
You're presenting the complaint as if too many helicopters makes it impossible to play the game, not a generic statement.

My main concern with the multiple helicopters is how the sound of rotor blades often create unnecessary noise drowning out the exhaust and engine sounds I want to enjoy. Then there's the way in which helicopters can overdo presentation like severe thunderstorms arguably do... You can call it a minor nuisance, opinion noted. Granted there are other things to worry about, the somewhat over the top presentation has simply grown to become an annoyance of mine.
I've logged countless hours in FM6 and not once have I ever noticed the helicopters drowning out the rest of the game; I'm sticking by assertion that you are grossly over exaggerating. That or you have some supersonic hearing.

You also confirmed my last post that you have an issue with the presentation yet acted beforehand as if I purposely misinterpreted your complaint.

Btw, I would try including that detail next time so one can know why you have a complaint about the helicopters.

Last edited:
Ah, so it went from people complaining to your complaint.

How? As I said, there were a handful of complaints over Turn 10's approach to adding more life to the environments in FM6. I also remember someone saying that the waffle stands are smoking like there's a bunch of kitchen fires going on. Now that is something I wouldn't file as a complaint.

You're presenting the complaint as if too many helicopters makes it impossible to play the game, not a generic statement.

It might have come out wrong at first, but I have clarified my point twice now. Can we move on?

I've logged countless hours in FM6 and not once have I ever noticed the helicopters drowning out the rest of the game; I'm sticking by assertion that you are grossly over exaggerating. That or you have some supersonic hearing.

Maybe because you aren't thinking about it when playing. The gameplay has a near constant buzz coming from those pointless helicopters, especially when driving solo.

Btw, I would try including that detail next time so one can know why you have a complaint about the helicopters.

I didn't think of this particular detail when I first brought it up.

Bill Giese confirms "Race length tools" for Career mode, like Forza Horizon 3. About time

So does that mean we can create our own events or at least have some sort of over the career mode? Such as changing it up to your liking?

Just curious.

How? As I said, there were a handful of complaints over Turn 10's approach to adding more life to the environments in FM6. I also remember someone saying that the waffle stands are smoking like there's a bunch of kitchen fires going on. Now that is something I wouldn't file as a complaint.
You never said the complaint was yours', you implied others. The next post, you stated it was your complaint.

Now you're bringing up complaints against adding to the environments when the original issue was the helicopters. You're changing or adding to original grievance.

Maybe because you aren't thinking about it when playing. The gameplay has a near constant buzz coming from those pointless helicopters, especially when driving solo.
If your supersonic hearing says so, I guess. First I've ever read someone make that complaint.

So does that mean we can create our own events or at least have some sort of over the career mode? Such as changing it up to your liking?

Just curious.

I believe so,which if true will be awesome tbh.At least lenght of the race is kinda "customizable",in F6 some career races was really to short for me,so if this is true,i welcome any career race "customization".Can give much longer life span to game as well.

Back