Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
https://news.xbox.com/2017/06/13/e3-2017-forza-motorsport-7-hands-on/

[...]the more cars you collect, the better your rewards are going to be. Every time you level up, you gain a milestone reward that can be in the shape of cool driver gear or discounts of cars. Continue collecting cars will place you in a better tier to receive more exclusive rewards. This comes to the heart of making car collection a larger point of progression than your actual success on the track. Racing placement helps, sure. But if you want better rewards, you’ll want to build up your collection of cars.

You never said the complaint was yours', you implied others. The next post, you stated it was your complaint.

Now you're bringing up complaints against adding to the environments when the original issue was the helicopters. You're changing or adding to original grievance.

I fail to see the problem. Discussions have a tendency to develop as they unfold, and everything I said still stands. Consider me done with this interrogation game you're playing.

bf3
I believe so,which if true will be awesome tbh.At least lenght of the race is kinda "customizable",in F6 some career races was really to short for me,so if this is true,i welcome any career race "customization".Can give much longer life span to game as well.
I really hope it is. It's like you said, this will expend the life in FM7 which is really needed imo. :)

Please let it be more customizable, such choosing your own disciplines for a race, editing the length of said race with the option to have dynamic weather or not, etc. *fingers crossed*

Last edited:
also, worth remembering is that we watch footage that was displayed in HDR

untitledc6up9.png

bf3

Thanks to both of you, I wasn't aware of this.

I fail to see the problem. Discussions have a tendency to develop as they unfold, and everything I said still stands. Consider me done with this interrogation game you're playing.
This was not a development. Don't get upset at me because you failed to explain your complaint at the beginning and your story changed.

This was not a development. Don't get upset at me because you failed to explain your complaint at the beginning and your story changed.

Upset? I only feel sorry for your desperate efforts to find irrelevant details in my posts and then use them against me. I'll gladly discuss any counterarguments you can make, but you seem intent on diverting attention away from the topic at hand. In my opinion a disservice to the forum.

Big news dump this evening:

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM7_E3_Features

Here, on Day 1 of E3, we’re going to take you into a deep dive of Forza 7, to give you an in-depth look at what to expect when the game hits store shelves beginning on October 3.

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_e3_demo

Today, the doors to E3 2017 are open and we’re giving you an inside look at the Forza Motorsport 7 demo that is running on the show floor on actual Xbox One X hardware and for the rest of the week. For those of who can’t be at the show in person, consider this your in-the-cockpit tour of the biggest racing game in Forza history.

Big news dump this evening:

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I hope the "Pre-Order Bonus Content" isn't something that would be different if I purchased a physical copy. It would suck for those of us who prefer physical disc versions to now see content for digital orders only.

Interview with Dan Greenawalt and Bill Giese.

Key talking points:

• How they came about the Porsche GT2 RS reveal, and kept it secret before E3.
  • What is the vision for Forza Motorsport 7? (Showcase of Xbox One X technology, adding more "humanity", competition, and "imperfection" to Forza)
  • Forza Drivers Cup (Career): Series of championships, players have freedom to use whatever cars they like, set race lengths, unlock driver gear etc. Plus a "big surprise" once you complete it, something that's worth going back for again.
  • VR: "We don't have a lot to announce about that right now"
  • Custom Public Lobbies: In-game, no. Use Xbox features like Looking for Group etc.
  • Gifting: "I don't know the answer to that, Bill might" (sounds like a No to me)
  • Auction House: Yes
  • Penalties: Doesn't sound like there are any in-game, Dan instead brings up Forza Racing Championship and Gfinity's adjudication of it.
  • Marshals: Select community members with more power in lobbies.
  • Spectating: New camera options.
  • Off-Road racing: No
  • Widebody kits: Yes
  • "Forza Edition cars" (sounds like the Horizon Edition concept from Forza Horizon 3)
  • PC version of livery editor supports mouse and keyboard.

Upset? I only feel sorry for your desperate efforts to find irrelevant details in my posts and then use them against me. I'll gladly discuss any counterarguments you can make, but you seem intent on diverting attention away from the topic at hand. In my opinion a disservice to the forum.
You said people were complaining about helicopters.
Then you said you had that complaint.
Then you said others complained about the entire environment being changed.
Then you added in the detail that it was the sound of the helicopters you didn't like.

I'm replying to each new thing you keep revealing. The only one diverting is you.

Using marshals as a way to moderate races concerns me because there may not be a marshal available at all times and at every race. It didn't work for the long run when it was experimented with in FM6. I understand that there is no 'perfect' method to curb wreckers because automated methods such as collision penalties can wrongfully penalise a driver.

Some of Dan's answers are unclear to me, as I suspected. I hope someone can provide some clarification on how public hoppers will work and if there have been any adjustments.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to what Turn 10 can do against Slightly Mad and Polyphony to stand out from the competition as well as what Slightly Mad and Polyphony can do against Turn 10 so the competition provides a learning experience. The battle between FM7, GT Sport, and PCARS 2 will be an exciting moment for me to witness and I can't wait to see how it pans out.

You said people were complaining about helicopters.
Then you said you had that complaint.
Then you said others complained about the entire environment being changed.
Then you added in the detail that it was the sound of the helicopters you didn't like.

I'm replying to each new thing you keep revealing. The only one diverting is you.

What I did was elaborating in tandem with the discussion. Not that I'm asking for your gratitude, but people usually appreciate it when someone tries to clarify a point which might not have been obvious to begin with. Your replies have done little but to hold my best efforts against me.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I hope the "Pre-Order Bonus Content" isn't something that would be different if I purchased a physical copy. It would suck for those of us who prefer physical disc versions to now see content for digital orders only.

You read it correct, I believe they did it with FH3. Just think of it as DLC that's store specific.

upload_2017-6-13_15-21-59.png

"You can race NASCAR vehicles, trophy trucks, pre-war cars...."

Trophy trucks from FH3 confirmed? Nice, but strange considering there's no offroading or rallying in FM7...

What I did was elaborating in tandem with the discussion. Not that I'm asking for your gratitude, but people usually appreciate it when someone tries to clarify a point which might not have been obvious to begin with. Your replies have done little but to hold my best efforts against me.
The point was obvious from the beginning; it was a complaint about how the game overdoes the presentation, whether it was the helicopters themselves, or the sound you claim they make it. It never changed my reply; it's a minimal complaint.

The issue is how you said others have that complaint, then replying it was your complaint, getting upset bc you didn't like that I found it meaningless. Then you finally elaborated what you meant, all to justify the original point; you had issue with the presentation.

Continuing to pick shots at me doesn't bother me. I'll just assume you're done instead.

Last edited:
Agreed. A dirt circuit would've been the perfect environment for those things... *sighs*

:\
As much as I would like to see off road and dirt rallying in FM7, I can see why they don't have it. If they just had one or two circuits, it wouldn't really be enough, and more than that, people would be complaining that they would rather have more normal tracks.

Is they are ever going to get serious about off road rallying, they would almost have to make a stand alone game for it,

Maybe because you aren't thinking about it when playing. The gameplay has a near constant buzz coming from those pointless helicopters, especially when driving solo.

If your supersonic hearing says so, I guess. First I've ever read someone make that complaint.

Well McLaren, not only I have gone deaf from right ear because of those damn forza helicopters, but even worse, their rotten buzz gotten my cat crazy and suicidal!!
T10 are really bad bad people!

Ain't that so mr Nielsen? :D

As much as I would like to see off road and dirt rallying in FM7, I can see why they don't have it. If they just had one or two circuits, it wouldn't really be enough, and more than that, people would be complaining that they would rather have more normal tracks.

Is they are ever going to get serious about off road rallying, they would almost have to make a stand alone game for it,
Oh believe me, I totally understand everything you said. It's just that off roading has a special for me in a game like Forza, where you turn a standard vehicle into a rally monster for competition purposes. My imagination runs wild because of it haha.

Although I can do the same for tarmac races in FM7, it will be somewhat tougher to match with others due the cars they drive.

Oh well, I guess I'll stick my off roading needs for the next horizon. But I like that you can drive any car in the campaign so maybe, just maybe my imagination will run wild once again to build rally/rallycross-like cars for shorter tracks. :)

Edit: I don't need a another version of FM7 that centers around dirt racing. I prefer the motorsport titles to stay just the way they are. ;) :cheers:

Last edited:
The point was obvious from the beginning; it was a complaint about how the game overdoes the presentation, whether it was the helicopters themselves, or the sound you claim they make it. It never changed my reply; it's a minimal complaint.

Yes, my point was clear from the beginning. However, your failure to understand it called for additional clarification.

The issue is how you said others have that complaint, then replying it was your complaint, getting upset bc you didn't like that I found it meaningless. Then you finally elaborated what you meant, all to justify the original point; you had issue with the presentation.

I said "people" had the complaint. All things considered, why did you assume I was not one of those people? Should I have added "myself included" in order to prevent your subsequent nitpicking?

Again, I fail to see the problem in elaborating something over multiple posts. Yet again, I didn't get upset that you only find it to be a "minmal nuisance". I simply took note of your opinion.

Continuing to pick shots at me doesn't bother me. I'll just assume you're done instead.

I'm the one picking shots? :lol:
I've done nothing but to help you comprehend.

Well McLaren, not only I have gone deaf from right ear because of those damn forza helicopters, but even worse, their rotten buzz gotten my cat crazy and suicidal!!
T10 are really bad bad people!

Ain't that so mr Nielsen? :D

Oh, look. Now there's a place to circle jerk against the unpopular opinion.

Oh, look. Now there's a place to circle jerk against the unpopular opinion.
Not quite a circle yet :P

I myself have not noticed it as an issue. While racing, it's not audible enough to hear over the more direct audio sources in the game. Do you guys happen to use any kind of entertainment center?

Heli never been problem for me either,in fact i barely heard it,if all this about heli sound...
But im using exclusively only headphones for all my games

Seeing as I often race in real life on a track that is right next to the Bombardier and Bell Helicopters headquarters/proving grounds, trust me, they don't make any sound in the game.

What's the dominant sound in the first 45 seconds of this video? The car may be at idle but I'd much rather listen to that than the noisy rotor blades and race day crowds. Full throttle action may be a different story, but that's not necessarily the rule when cruising around enjoying the cars in a solo session. To that you can add the visible presence of helicopters in almost every track sector (look at 1:00 mark and under the bridge at 3:20). I don't know how many times I have seen the exact same thing. It gets tiresome just like the fixed sunlight glares. Aren't those one of the reasons why we want dynamic time and weather after all?

Back