Forza Motorsport 7 Revealed at E3, Coming in October to Xbox One and PC

Oh well. I liked the 911 GT2 RS part. But i'm not blown away. I have seen all the older race cars again. That Super GT Nissan. The 2015 919. And i would have never expected that Flying Lizard 911 to take the spotlight again. Come on, this is 2017.

Turn 10 constantly relies on too much legacy content (cars, tracks, especially cosmetic customizations) and it's been probably the most annoying sticking point in the franchise for me personally.

Of course I don't mind that Flying Lizard 911 being in the game again, but why show it alongside those other GT cars? They should know the audience of the Motorsport games is going to be bothered by seeing cars from so many disparate series and formulas racing together.

Yes with there focus picture being "le mans pit lane I assume." It features the Porsche 919 hybrid 2015 and Porsche 911 GT3 Flying Lizard 2011.
Both were featured in forza 6 and are now pretty much ancient in modern race car terms.

Would like to see the 2017 919 hybrid and 2017 911 RSR GTE!!

Also includes the 2014 Mazda prototype (was in forza 6) which is obsolete, would like to see the new 2017 Mazda Prototype DpI

You really mustn't know T10 very well. All you're going to get in the E3 trailer, in terms of new cars, is the "hero car" featuring on the cover (and on the first tutorial race). It's been this way since the days of FM3.

New cars will come in a month or so, as they'll begin to gradually reveal the game's full car list - and with them getting in cahoots with Porsche (which is getting a bit frisky after years of being in an abusive relationship with EA, or so it'd seem), I'd be very surprised if the game didn't feature at the very least the 2016 919 and a 991-series GTE car, be it the correct-engined car of last year or the mid-engined monstrosity they rolled out for 2017.

Just saw the gameplay video and holy hell that sound. Also I noticed the steering wheel was not there, new feature or just there like from the simulator seat from the FH3 demo?

Looking forward to new gameplay since the physics seems to have changed again. Looks like cars are not too tail happy this time around which is good. (Edit: Here is to hoping hey redid the force feedback on wheels.)

Last edited:
Turn 10 constantly relies on too much legacy content (cars, tracks, especially cosmetic customizations) and it's been probably the most annoying sticking point in the franchise for me personally.

Of course I don't mind that Flying Lizard 911 being in the game again, but why show it alongside those other GT cars? They should know the audience of the Motorsport games is going to be bothered by seeing cars from so many disparate series and formulas racing together.
If anything, the concern has been, "Why no new GT cars", rather than "Why the mixture"?

Mixing of the real life classes is something Forza has always done.
Forza-6-Stills-9.jpg

Peugeot 905, Audi R8, Mazda 787B, & Bentley Speed-8 in the background.

They should know the audience of the Motorsport games is going to be bothered by seeing cars from so many disparate series and formulas racing together.

Remember the Gran Turismo All-Stars championship? This is basically the same thing. If it worked for PD for years and years, I don't see why it wouldn't work for T10.

Can't say this impressed me when seeing the footage on OX. There are some nice effects in place but the series seems to stall in the same way as GT. Probably the pressure of forking out so many Forza's. To early to judge what it will be in the end.

But when they get rid of older cars, people complain. It's a lose/lose situation here.

Not really. I've seen like a couple posts about it and that's it

They can mix those cars for some events, and again, it's fine that those older GT cars and prototypes are in the game, but they're missing an opportunity to cultivate a more realistic racing atmosphere with events based on classes of cars that are even and period appropriate. Gran Turismo is guilty of it too. I'd say look to Project Cars as an example of a series that understands how to handle that problem properly.

I wasn't impressed. Gran Turismo's taking too much time to release games has become a problem. Forza's releasing too many games is becoming one as well. Nothing much different from Forza 6 in my opinion. Seems the only thing they care about is numbers: 700 cars, 4K resolution etc.

While it looks good I'm worried that they haven't opted to update the car divisions as I hoped they would for this game. Namely it looks implied from the fact that Super GT, GT3, GT4, and GTE were all racing in the same class again. That also raises the question as to whether there will actually be an update to freeplay, career, and whether blueprints will work their way in. Does have me seriously contemplating whether this will be a must buy or not.

- Turn 10 makes the weather non dynamic to reach 60FPS in FM6.
- Then PD did the same with GTSport.
- Then Turn 10 introduces Dynamic Weather while retaining 60FPS in FM7.

It smells like acknowledgement of limited resources and careful planning to me. They could have done dynamic weather in FM5, but had other things to spend those resources on. They planned out a trajectory of gradually introducing the feature that took several games and made sure that they had the time to get it right.

I like it. No reason to rush into things half-cocked. Take your time step by step and build to a really solid game. FM7 sounds like what GT5 could have been. Admittedly, a generation and 7 years later, but significantly more polished. The time wasn't right on PS3/360, it was more than the hardware could handle as well as looking pretty. It would appear that now the time is right. Closed tracks with dynamic time and weather at 60fps in Motorsport, or a dynamic open world at 30fps in Horizon.

What a time to be a racing fan.

While it looks good I'm worried that they haven't opted to update the car divisions as I hoped they would for this game. Namely it looks implied from the fact that Super GT, GT3, GT4, and GTE were all racing in the same class again. That also raises the question as to whether there will actually be an update to freeplay, career, and whether blueprints will work their way in. Does have me seriously contemplating whether this will be a must buy or not.
I assume it's just going to have the sam PI system with only rudimentary classes.
It smells like acknowledgement of limited resources and careful planning to me. They could have done dynamic weather in FM5, but had other things to spend those resources on. They planned out a trajectory of gradually introducing the feature that took several games and made sure that they had the time to get it right.

I like it. No reason to rush into things half-cocked. Take your time step by step and build to a really solid game. FM7 sounds like what GT5 could have been. Admittedly, a generation and 7 years later, but significantly more polished. The time wasn't right on PS3/360, it was more than the hardware could handle as well as looking pretty. It would appear that now the time is right. Closed tracks with dynamic time and weather at 60fps in Motorsport, or a dynamic open world at 30fps in Horizon.

What a time to be a racing fan.
Great as dynamic weather is, it went from fully dry to torrential downpour and yet there was no need to pit for tyres which is a massive element to dynamic conditions.

If it's just a visual and grip feature because they are sticking to short races then it's not exactly realistic driving around on slicks as if they are wets.

I pretty much liked what i saw,i never had unrealistic expectations,and Imari very nicely put all how T10 works and i must say they doing it right and it works.
Cant wait for Sept.29th,still have few achievements to do in F5 and F6 tho because deffo will be some Forza Hub prizes depending on score

If it's just a visual and grip feature because they are sticking to short races then it's not exactly realistic driving around on slicks as if they are wets.

True. But it's Forza Motorsport, and neither it nor Gran Turismo have ever shied away from throwing realism out the window.

Not impressed at all but that's good since Project CARS 2 for sure will be The One for me. :)

Do you guys just search for Forza threads so you can tell us you're going to buy Project Cars 2?

Project Cars is not the same game, it doesn't have a bunch of street cars, it doesn't have upgrading and it's a much more strict racing style, it also has performance issues; go and play Project Cars and let us enjoy Forza.

Do you guys just search for Forza threads so you can tell us you're going to buy Project Cars 2?

Project Cars is not the same game, it doesn't have a bunch of street cars, it doesn't have upgrading and it's a much more strict racing style, it also has performance issues; go and play Project Cars and let us enjoy Forza.
PC1 had performance issues we don't know about 2 yet.

Also some of those things Forza could really do with improving, namely a more realistic representation of "Motorsport" and the upgrade/PI system needs an overhaul which isn't so broken. Jumping into an equal performance race shouldn't ever have one car which is 5s a lap quicker than anything else.

If Forza did some of what PCars did then that game probably wouldn't exist so it would be nice if something billed as a sim could simulate more than just car physics.

Buying both is also an option ;)

Also some of those things Forza could really do with improving, namely a more realistic representation of "Motorsport" and the upgrade/PI system needs an overhaul which isn't so broken. Jumping into an equal performance race shouldn't ever have one car which is 5s a lap quicker than anything else.
Jumping into an equal performance race? No, that is if you all selected a car that will work good on that track, or if your in a Spec race. You can't expect an A-class Elise to go fast around Le Mans the same way an A class Bentley can, and the vice versa goes with a twisty track.

It'll be really hard to actually nail down the classes like that, unless they force a BoP within the game, thus removing any customization you'd have on your side, as well as removing the fact that each car is going to actually be different. the Vendura van is going to have horrible aerodynamics, so you can't expect it to be in tip top ship in its class just because its at the max threshold for said class. As well as the fact that you can pretty much install every upgrade on lower end cars, end up somewhere in A-S class, I wouldn't expect those cars to be balanced with the cars already starting in those classes.

It doesn't need a complete overhaul, it just needs to better work out the kinks with tires and drivetrain swaps.

Last edited:
PC1 had performance issues we don't know about 2 yet.

If Forza did some of what PCars did then that game probably wouldn't exist so it would be nice if something billed as a sim could simulate more than just car physics.

Buying both is also an option ;)

They weren't willing to fix the games issues while jumping into a new game and/or fixing controller support.

PC is my biggest regret purchase on my Xbox One.

Jumping into an equal performance race? No, that is if you all selected a car that will work good on that track, or if your in a Spec race. You can't expect an A-class Elise to go fast around Le Mans the same way an A class Bentley can, and the vice versa goes with a twisty track.

It'll be really hard to actually nail down the classes like that, unless they force a BoP within the game, thus removing any customization you'd have on your side, as well as the fact removing the fact that each car is going to actually be different. the Vendura van is going to have horrible aerodynamics, so you can't expect it to be in tip top ship in its class just because its at the max threshold for said class. As well as the fact that you can pretty much install every upgrade on lower end cars, end up somewhere in A-S class, I wouldn't expect those cars to be balanced with the cars already starting in those classes.

It doesn't need a complete overhaul, it just needs to better work out the kinks with tires and drivetrain swaps.
Yes but the issue is more often than not there are 1-2 cars which are the best for twisty short tracks and the same again for ones with mainly straights and then your ones in the middle but sometimes there is crossover because one car is so OP.

If you can get a D class car going 200mph then it's broken. Surely the whole point of the PI system is to keep things balanced which it spectacularly fails at. When I say equal performance I mean something limited to A class but 24 different matched PI cars upgraded specifically for a good balance should be roughly the same speed no matter what upgrade combinations you pick. Rather than the situation now where funky combinations produce unrealistically quick cars.

If you don't care about being competitive I can see why it wouldn't matter otherwise you are forced to use the same cars making the whole look how many cars we have redundant. I stopped playing because of it so this will be the first one I've played since F4 and if all the things I got bored of in that haven't changed I won't play again unless they do as it will just mean I don't agree with what they are doing.

Yes but the issue is more often than not there are 1-2 cars which are the best for twisty short tracks and the same again for ones with mainly straights and then your ones in the middle but sometimes there is crossover because one car is so OP.
I'm not denying that, although, like I said, thats to be expected with how different each car is going to be. Leaderboard cars are always going to be present, regardless of the game. Still, most of the time in the public lobbies, you don't see too many people going that route.

This game is about customization and leaving it open to your interpretation. One thing that can be an issue is that someone can be an extremely good driver, and build a car toward speed, but with his skill he can keep the car in control better than someone who is less experienced. That in itself is going to throw him far away from most people in his class. It's hard ground to cover, and with them giving you free reign of how your car will drive, and were its placed, it's a hard thing to balance equally throughout all area's of the game.

If you can get a D class car going 200mph then it's broken. Surely the whole point of the PI system is to keep things balanced which it spectacularly fails at.
And completely maxing out a car like that, with speed over all else, how well does it perform on tracks that are going to have more than just a straight line? Either way, those cars are anomalies and don't represent D class as a whole. That being said, the vehicles should be re-balanced, or their PI evaluated during customization, not re configuring the whole system as a whole, in my opinion.

When I say equal performance I mean something limited to A class but 24 different matched PI cars upgraded specifically for a good balance should be roughly the same speed no matter what upgrade combinations you pick. Rather than the situation now where funky combinations produce unrealistically quick cars.
And that leaves the majority of the car list, able to get into that class. The many variances between each and every car that goes into that list is going to be massive. Matching for "good balance" is hard, some cars will have an easier time with that than others, some could have wider tires, some could have better aerodynamics. There will never be true 100% balance with road cars unless they introduce a strict BoP. I can agree with you if we're talking about Race cars, but I don't believe its truely possible with how open the customization is for road cars.

You can have cars roughly perform the same, but they will always have a strength, and a weakness.

If you don't care about being competitive I can see why it wouldn't matter otherwise you are forced to use the same cars making the whole look how many cars we have redundant. I stopped playing because of it so this will be the first one I've played since F4 and if all the things I got bored of in that haven't changed I won't play again unless they do as it will just mean I don't agree with what they are doing.
Don't assume things you don't know. I'm very competitive in Forza Motorsport, not so much(or at all) in Forza Horizon 3. I tune every single car I purchase to a specific class, usually A and under, and spend almost all my time on the game in Rivals. I've picked many oddball cars and made them fairly quick, although some just aren't able to achieve what others can, and for the most part, they're fairly reasonably placed within each other.

It'll be virtually impossible to make all cars in the same range perform similarly, given how different cars are. Its a bit unreasonable I believe, to a certain extent. However, I do believe the system needs to be looked into, but not overhauled completely.

I'm not denying that, although, like I said, thats to be expected with how different each car is going to be. Leaderboard cars are always going to be present, regardless of the game. Still, most of the time in the public lobbies, you don't see too many people going that route.

This game is about customization and leaving it open to your interpretation. One thing that can be an issue is that someone can be an extremely good driver, and build a car toward speed, but with his skill he can keep the car in control better than someone who is less experienced. That in itself is going to throw him far away from most people in his class. It's hard ground to cover, and with them giving you free reign of how your car will drive, and were its placed, it's a hard thing to balance equally throughout all area's of the game.

And completely maxing out a car like that, with speed over all else, how well does it perform on tracks that are going to have more than just a straight line? Either way, those cars are anomalies and don't represent D class as a whole. That being said, the vehicles should be re-balanced, or their PI evaluated during customization, not re configuring the whole system as a whole, in my opinion.

And that leaves the majority of the car list, able to get into that class. The many variances between each and every car that goes into that list is going to be massive. Matching for "good balance" is hard, some cars will have an easier time with that than others, some could have wider tires, some could have better aerodynamics. There will never be true 100% balance with road cars unless they introduce a strict BoP. I can agree with you if we're talking about Race cars, but I don't believe its truely possible with how open the customization is for road cars.

You can have cars roughly perform the same, but they will always have a strength, and a weakness.

Don't assume things you don't know. I'm very competitive in Forza Motorsport, not so much(or at all) in Forza Horizon 3. I tune every single car I purchase to a specific class, usually A and under, and spend almost all my time on the game in Rivals. I've picked many oddball cars and made them fairly quick, although some just aren't able to achieve what others can, and for the most part, they're fairly reasonably placed within each other.

It'll be virtually impossible to make all cars in the same range perform similarly, given how different cars are. Its a bit unreasonable I believe, to a certain extent. However, I do believe the system needs to be looked into, but not overhauled completely.
I would just prefer if they focused on gameplay balancing and adding features like qualifying rather than adding more cars. Like you say there are just too many to balance which is why they have the automated system to begin with.

It's just a case of it not being geared towards what I'm looking for, I'll get some enjoyment out of it but it's frustrating when I feel it could be so much better with a few more options.

Talking of FH3 the A.I drivatar stuff is broken, so if you pick a max PI car all the A.I will be blasting around in top leaderboard tuned cars impossible to beat (and presumably why you only have to get top 3 now) but if you pick something 50+ below then they will be fine, does it work the same in FM6 as that really annoyed me?

Just for reference if I use one of my best cars I don't have an issue and I get top 50 times easily so it's not a speed issue, I also wasn't even playing on unbeatable!

I would just prefer if they focused on gameplay balancing and adding features like qualifying rather than adding more cars. Like you say there are just too many to balance which is why they have the automated system to begin with.

It's just a case of it not being geared towards what I'm looking for, I'll get some enjoyment out of it but it's frustrating when I feel it could be so much better with a few more options.
To be honest, in order to get it balanced in the way you're describing, I would imagine they would have to remove options instead of implementing them. It's the amount of customization that's going to make such varying results.

Talking of FH3 the A.I drivatar stuff is broken, so if you pick a max PI car all the A.I will be blasting around in top leaderboard tuned cars impossible to beat (and presumably why you only have to get top 3 now) but if you pick something 50+ below then they will be fine, does it work the same in FM6 as that really annoyed me?
I would definitely agree that it's broken. I can't say I've had an issue with beating the Ai outside of some weird particular instances. What the Ai does is cheat. They drive cars in classes that they literally aren't able to reach, making them do some ridiculous things. As for FM6, I'm not exactly sure. I play on unbeatable and don't particularly have an issue with beating them.

Talking of FH3 the A.I drivatar stuff is broken, so if you pick a max PI car all the A.I will be blasting around in top leaderboard tuned cars impossible to beat...

Eh? The AI in FH3 is impossible to beat? Apparently I've been doing it wrong. I'm with @ImaRobot, I'm on unbeatable and I don't have issues beating them regularly. I hate to be that guy, but maybe you've just got the difficulty set too high?

I beat everything on horizon 3, including both expansions (I mean even championship completion 100%) on "unbeatable" AI.
so yeah, not so unbeatable :)))
your car must be good though, and you cannot be a rookie yourself

Eh? The AI in FH3 is impossible to beat? Apparently I've been doing it wrong. I'm with @ImaRobot, I'm on unbeatable and I don't have issues beating them regularly. I hate to be that guy, but maybe you've just got the difficulty set too high?
It's not a speed issue, if you want pictures of my top 30 times (which is my average lapping speed) I'm happy to share and then I can show pictures of the A.I lap times which are faster than the fastest time anyone has gone so I'm pretty sure nobody can beat them in those cases.

They aren't affected by water when they are rubberbanding so the beach race in particular is very frustrating as the last stretch they often just 'cheat' past you.

Perhaps the faster you are the more the rubberbanding kicks but I had to turn the A.I down two notches below unbeatable before they became reasonable. Whatever the issue is something is wrong with the Drivatar A.I in both FH3 and the Forza 6:Apex demo I tried. Apex was so bad I actually contacted T10 about how the first place A.I was doing times 5s quicker than the fastest leaderboard time and was accelerating quicker than possible which they acknowledged was a problem they'd look into. However only 2 other people said they had the same issue and again that wasn't just on max difficulty either.

How about we go for a rival challenge and you can judge for yourself when I crush you?

I beat everything on horizon 3, including both expansions (I mean even championship completion 100%) on "unbeatable" AI.
so yeah, not so unbeatable :)))
your car must be good though, and you cannot be a rookie yourself
That's what is annoying though you have to be careful about the car you use. Either you pick something with a low PI and the A.I are fine or you have to pick a max tuned leaderboard car.

You can't say use a Ferrari 458 Italia and be competitive as it's already S900 so you end up racing cars it can't beat, the Horizon cars are the same. Perhaps I'm playing it wrong and you shouldn't be driving anything stock?

Last edited:
Back