Forza Motorsport 7 Specialty Dealer Update: A Series of Repeats, Part IV

This is looking more like a perfect time to introduce (more?) lootbox-exclusive cars.

“Tired of the same cars in the Specialty Dealer? Just buy a car loot box!”

I just bought this game so this update seems catered to me, but it is so friggin' obvious that T10 is rapidly eroding any sort of fan will built up over the past while with how anemic at best, and insulting at worst, they are with trying to please the community.

I still can't believe T10 decided to make this many cars impossible to obtain through no other way than when they decide to unlock them.
Of the 66 cars completely unavailable to unlock or purchase currently, 18 have not been available since FM5 or are new to the Motorsport franchise altogether. :yuck:

This is getting old very fast. There are plenty of cars they can throw I. The rotation and recirculate and mix-up.
Has anyone received their 599 GTO yet from the Phil Spencer Biunty Hunter event? I received the 911 RSR already but am waiting on the Ferrari.

This is getting old very fast. There are plenty of cars they can throw I. The rotation and recirculate and mix-up.
Has anyone received their 599 GTO yet from the Phil Spencer Biunty Hunter event? I received the 911 RSR already but am waiting on the Ferrari.
They should introduce 5 a week if they're going to keep this method up. 3 reoccurring and 2 new, I wouldn't be as upset with that.

As for the bounty, yes, I received all gifts so far.

Yes got them both a few days ago. What time did you post? 599 was only given to those who beat the rival. I think he had a 2:34 or something like that at the end.

I missed the 250 last time around, bought it last night. I was sort of torn spending all those credits, am I really even going to drive this car or am I just buying it because it's rare?

Thankfully most of the money was unearned by me in this game, rather by devotion to the series. Thanks for the free 425k every week T10 and for the many years of fun, you're welcome for all the money I've given you.

Regarding bounty cars, I too received the 911 RSR and 599 GTO gifts.

They should introduce 5 a week if they're going to keep this method up. 3 reoccurring and 2 new, I wouldn't be as upset with that.

As for the bounty, yes, I received all gifts so far.

I think that’s a very good idea on a way to do the Specialty Dealership.

Yes got them both a few days ago. What time did you post? 599 was only given to those who beat the rival. I think he had a 2:34 or something like that at the end.
I beat his time with a time in the 2:34’s. I know he updated his time and it told me he had beaten my time in the messages. So I bear his time with a 2:34:?? I was just curious because I haven’t received it yet. Did you receive them together or separately?

Yet. Were in the "games as service" era of gaming after all, changes can come at any time.
The only thing yet to come is microtransactions. They're not going to redesign the whole game and remove everysingle reward car from the reward pools just to add them to loot boxes and rework a whole system. That's just absolutely ridiculous to even assume, I'm not even sure why anyone would jump as wildly as that.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know why Turn 10 decided to add a Specialty dealer into FM7?

I know it's suppose to keep you playing (so I've heard from others), but why else would they put it into the game?

The only thing yet to come is microtransactions. They're not going to redesign the whole game and remove everysingle reward car from the reward pools just to add them to loot boxes and rework a whole system. That's just absolutely ridiculous to even assume, I'm not even sure why anyone would jump as wildly as that.
You can already buy car loot crates. What is so radical that an exclusive car might show up every once and a while? FH3 had them with the Horizon Editions, that was literally one game ago. What is so ridiculous that it'll happen this time? If I recall, people spent loads of credits before in the hope of getting exclusive cars. It's not exactly an unique club to assume.

And I sincerely hope they wouldn't try microtransactions in the current climate in the game industry. No matter how benign they'd be, it'd be crazy for them to try it.

Nothing crazy. T10 did it in the past in a way that no one really complained,bar anti Forza gang - it doesnt matter micro/lootboxes in Forza as they are in now way making your gameplay different or if you dont use them makes you fall behind.No need to mix different games different implementations of certain things.
And what is that "current climate in gaming industry"? Seems people love to sail where the wind blows.
There are cynical rip offs like latest EA "sell your kidney to gain advantage" thing,Forza dont even have P2W model - even if you decide to buy something for real money,you wont have any advanatge at all in Forza,zilch - its purely for people who a lazy to grind and get cars.
People need to start thinking before comparing different games and different implementatios of lootboxes etc. etc.
I have alt acc on which im playing FM7 totally "vanilla" way - and in no way that acc is suffering because of car or credits shortage.
People need to play before they start talking,not just picking on some "i heard that,i heard this"

I think that’s a very good idea on a way to do the Specialty Dealership.

I beat his time with a time in the 2:34’s. I know he updated his time and it told me he had beaten my time in the messages. So I bear his time with a 2:34:?? I was just curious because I haven’t received it yet. Did you receive them together or separately?

I got them both and the two driver gear all at the same time. I forget what i ran there a 2:30 something I think.

If you got a message saying he beat your time then if you did not go back out and beat him again then you would not get the 599 those were only awarded to those who at the end had a faster lap than the rival.

I got them both and the two driver gear all at the same time. I forget what i ran there a 2:30 something I think.

If you got a message saying he beat your time then if you did not go back out and beat him again then you would not get the 599 those were only awarded to those who at the end had a faster lap than the rival.

Yeah, after I got the message I beat his time after 2 laps. We'll see though. It’s lookin like I may have been overlooked. I check again when I get home.

I missed the 250 last time around, bought it last night. I was sort of torn spending all those credits, am I really even going to drive this car or am I just buying it because it's rare?

Thankfully most of the money was unearned by me in this game, rather by devotion to the series. Thanks for the free 425k every week T10 and for the many years of fun, you're welcome for all the money I've given you.

Regarding bounty cars, I too received the 911 RSR and 599 GTO gifts.
I keep forgetting to collect my Forza Rewards... FM7 has been such a disappointment to me so far.

Better than GTS, but that's not saying much.

For FM8 I'll wait for Christmas/New Years sale.

I really gotta check my car stock lol I keep buying doubles hahaha. But I did sell my doubles at auction house so I got some cash back and someone grabbed some cheap cars. I also had the credits this time for 250 LM Ferrari and it’s fun to drive too:)

You can already buy car loot crates. What is so radical that an exclusive car might show up every once and a while? FH3 had them with the Horizon Editions, that was literally one game ago. What is so ridiculous that it'll happen this time? If I recall, people spent loads of credits before in the hope of getting exclusive cars. It's not exactly an unique club to assume.

And I sincerely hope they wouldn't try microtransactions in the current climate in the game industry. No matter how benign they'd be, it'd be crazy for them to try it.
You can buy those loot crate cars that are acquired through the game for credits, you don't need the loot boxes. You can't buy cars that are locked by other means like specialty dealer or Forzathon. What makes it ridiculous is the fact that you think they're going to, out of the blue, remove the cars that you were previously able to purchase with credits, and make them exclusive to those loot crates. Those same cars that have likely been purchased hundreds of thousands of times by people up to this point, just to make them loot crate cars?

If you didn't mean doing it to previous cars, It would also be suicide to do it with upcoming DLC cars, and not only that, it will take away from things like the Specialty dealer, and Forzathon which are made specifically to keep people coming back month after month. They'd essentially kill off their game and especially seeing how EA was bombarded for doing what you're pretending T10 might do.

Yeah, that tin foil might be a little too tight there buddy.

Exclusive cars aren't near the same thing of what we're talking about right here. Those exclusive cars are reward cars that you get by progressing someway in the game. People who think there were exclusive cars hidden in those systems even though it has been repeatedly said that there aren't any are some damn fools then. It's an extremely unique club to assume, and that's the problem, too many people making random, baseless assumptions, tossing them into the wild and having people misconstrue what are facts and what are not.

You can buy those loot crate cars that are acquired through the game for credits, you don't need the loot boxes. You can't buy cars that are locked by other means like specialty dealer or Forzathon. What makes it ridiculous is the fact that you think they're going to, out of the blue, remove the cars that you were previously able to purchase with credits, and make them exclusive to those loot crates. Those same cars that have likely been purchased hundreds of thousands of times by people up to this point, just to make them loot crate cars?

If you didn't mean doing it to previous cars, It would also be suicide to do it with upcoming DLC cars, and not only that, it will take away from things like the Specialty dealer, and Forzathon which are made specifically to keep people coming back month after month. They'd essentially kill off their game and especially seeing how EA was bombarded for doing what you're pretending T10 might do.

Yeah, that tin foil might be a little too tight there buddy.

Exclusive cars aren't near the same thing of what we're talking about right here. Those exclusive cars are reward cars that you get by progressing someway in the game. People who think there were exclusive cars hidden in those systems even though it has been repeatedly said that there aren't any are some damn fools then. It's an extremely unique club to assume, and that's the problem, too many people making random, baseless assumptions, tossing them into the wild and having people misconstrue what are facts and what are not.
What are you on about? There are tens of cars in FM7 that are currently unavailable the get anywhere. some of the Forza Edition cars, for example are in the car tier tabs and are not available to get. No one has to remove anything, nor did I say that they should, they are already missing.

What is so "tinfoil" that those kind of cars will show up in prize crates like the Horizon Editions did in the Wheel spins?

What are you on about? There are tens of cars in FM7 that are currently unavailable the get anywhere. some of the Forza Edition cars, for example are in the car tier tabs and are not available to get. No has to remove anything, they are already missing.
Yes, that's specifically why I mentioned Forzathon and Specialty dealers because that is where we'd find those cars. Along with Bounties. Giving those cars away in a lootbox is going to essentially kill off those aspects of the game, as they are designed specifically to bring you back month after month to play the game. A good chunk of the Forza edition cars are given away as Rewards for career mode completion too.

To make the assumption that they're going to remove the cars from the systems in place already is so left-field that I don't understand how you'd jump so far to make that assumption. It sounds like you left logic at the door and didn't think of anything with the repercussions that this would cause to the name of the developer. Even knowing how EA got handled with the situation.

What is so "tinfoil" that those kind of cars will show up in prize crates like the Horizon Editions did in the Wheel spins?
So you think they'd purposely butcher the system in place, kill off sections of their game, and go about a way similarly to EA, who are getting as bad as getting called out and banned by certain countries for gambling?

Yes, that's specifically why I mentioned Forzathon and Specialty dealers because that is where we'd find those cars. Along with Bounties. Giving those cars away in a lootbox is going to essentially kill off those aspects of the game, as they are designed specifically to bring you back month after month to play the game. A good chunk of the Forza edition cars are given away as Rewards for career mode completion too.

To make the assumption that they're going to remove the cars from the systems in place already is so left-field that I don't understand how you'd jump so far to make that assumption. It sounds like you left logic at the door and didn't think of anything with the repercussions that this would cause to the name of the developer. Even knowing how EA got handled with the situation.
Never said they had to remove anything. I just said that more exclusive cars may appear in prize crates. If I recall, some exclusive Horizon Edition wheel spins were later given as Forzathon prizes. Why do you insist that a repeat of that is so ludicrous?

I wasn't even all that worked up about the fact they could go this route again. I was just pointing out that they could do it. Hell, if a special edition worth millions showed up in a prize crate, I'd be ecstatic.

Never said they had to remove anything. I just said that more exclusive cars may appear in prize crates. If I recall, some exclusive Horizon Edition wheel spins were later given as Forzathon prizes. Why do you insist that a repeat of that is so ludicrous?
They'd have to remove those from the current system in which you attain the cars(BOUNTIES, FORZATHON, AND THE SPECIALTY DEALER), or else it would all but butcher those sections if you're able to just "buy" those cars. They'd be killing off their longevity of the game. You need to start paying attention to the things you're replying to.

Horizon started the system like that, from the release of the game. It was designed that way. The way it is designed now, it holds absolutely no exlusives in it. Why would they just change it on a whim?

In Horizon, HE cars where no different than the counterparts that you can acquire in game by normal means. This time around most of them are individual enough on their own, having parts that aren't available to purchased at all, so it makes sense that they didn't add them into the loot box, and instead made them rewards.

Last edited:
They'd have to remove those from the current system in which you attain the cars(BOUNTIES, FORZATHON, AND THE SPECIALTY DEALER), or else it would all but butcher those sections if you're able to just "buy" those cars. They'd be killing off their longevity of the game. You need to start paying attention to the things you're replying to.

Horizon started the system like that, from the release of the game. It was designed that way. The way it is designed now, it holds absolutely no exlusives in it. Why would they just change it on a whim?
Yeah, they did a real good job retaining their audience with how they handled the Specialty Dealer so far. Also you can "just buy" those cars in the Auction House, so...butchered, I guess.

Yeah, they did a real good job retaining their audience with how they handled the Specialty Dealer so far. Also you can "just buy" those cars in the Auction House, so...butchered, I guess.
Yeah they seemed to do pretty good for those boomers that came in Christmas, it makes sense for what they're trying to achieve, it just sucks for those that have been there since the beginning. And if you can just "buy them anyways" what are you even getting on about being exclusive to loot boxes? It's not butchered because your ridiculous assumption has not happened. It would be butchered if it did.

You're going off the deep end. I'd recommend staying away from microwaves.

Yeah they seemed to do pretty good for those boomers that came in Christmas, it makes sense for what they're trying to achieve, it just sucks for those that have been there since the beginning. And if you can just "buy them anyways" what are you even getting on about being exclusive to loot boxes? It's not butchered because you're ridiculous assumption has not happened. It would be butchered if it did.

You're going off the deep end. I'd recommend staying away from microwaves.
I wasn't even all that worked up about the fact they could go this route again. I was just pointing out that they could do it. Hell, if a special edition worth millions showed up in a prize crate, I'd be ecstatic.
And I would thank you not assume the state of my mental health.

Back