Forza Motorsport 7: Specialty Dealer

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,015 comments
I guess the only thing the Specialty Dealer is offering now is the production number since all the car are available already.

Yeah that and they have a slightly bigger e-peen score as well for people who care about that stuff.

As far as the production numbers go, I’m actually considering to sell all my specialty dealer cars and re-buy them from the autoshow just to get rid of the stupid numbers on the top right of my screen.

As far as the production numbers go, I’m actually considering to sell all my specialty dealer cars and re-buy them from the autoshow just to get rid of the stupid numbers on the top right of my screen.

I'm already in the process of doing that to my collection, starting with the cheapest cars first. I'm not sure I'll bother replacing the most expensive cars, at least not until I have collected every car I want (need to prioritize wisely with every million to be earned in this game :crazy:).

I'm already in the process of doing that to my collection, starting with the cheapest cars first. I'm not sure I'll bother replacing the most expensive cars, at least not until I have collected every car I want (need to prioritize wisely with every million to be earned in this game :crazy:).

Good strategy. :) I already have all cars though and had close to 25 mill credits spare with nothing to do with it. Bought all missing unlocked cars yesterday and spent cash at the legendary driver gear crates until I dropped down to 15 mill. I can probably already buy all those cars without serial numbers but I don’t feel like going through all my cars to check for that.

Turn 10 indicated ther may be changes to specialty dealer. Any hint on what those changes would be?

Getting driver suits and badges could be cool. but that would overlap with lootbox

I'd let FE and locked cars (there's still some of them) for the forzathon.

There are still people who are interested in the low number serial numbered cars. Honestly, it's still worth a shot to buy it ASAP in the Specialty Dealer, and then turn around and sell it for max CR in the auction house. I have had some success in doing so.

There are still people who are interested in the low number serial numbered cars. Honestly, it's still worth a shot to buy it ASAP in the Specialty Dealer, and then turn around and sell it for max CR in the auction house. I have had some success in doing so.
... to get even more credits to not know what to do with them. ;)

I am still 20 Million short to be able to buy all the cars, so I cant believe you can have too many credits;)
Probably all the 425.000 weekly credits counting up since this is no doubt the Forza game I played the least of the bunch.

That and the RAM Runner FE farming “exploit” close after launch.

No Returnes this week.

The cars are the 2011 Audi RS5 Coupe £82,450, The 2015 Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 Concept £327,250, 2017 Porsche Panamara Turbo £242,250 and the 2015 Volvo S60 Polestar £80,750.

I'm not impressed... what the point if I can get those cars from the regular dealer?
Is it still more expansive than the regular dealer?

I'm not impressed... what the point if I can get those cars from the regular dealer?
Is it still more expansive than the regular dealer?
Since you can basically get all the cars without the need of the specialty dealer now, I'm unsure of what you were expecting.

Since you can basically get all the cars without the need of the specialty dealer now, I'm unsure of what you were expecting.

50% off every featured car would be a nice start. I know that's not exactly in line with the "specialty" theme, but anything to minimize the grind for credits wouldn't hurt. How about a weekly FE car for those who care about collecting those?

I agree, but it appears the only thing they're doing is the serial numbering for 'uniqueness'. I sold 3 of the cars I bought at the get go, all for a marginal profit. And when I say marginal, I mean about 10-20,000 CR. Even if you put in some upgrades and slap on a paint scheme, You can't get much back for your effort. If someone is willing to pay 10 million for a FE car, then why can't I sell a serial numbered car under 100 for more than a couple thousand dollar profit? It's ONLY in-game Credits, it's not like I can sink a whole countries economy!

50% off every featured car would be a nice start. I know that's not exactly in line with the "specialty" theme, but anything to minimize the grind for credits wouldn't hurt. How about a weekly FE car for those who care about collecting those?
To be honest, since the change was announced I was wondering what they'd even do with the specialty dealership anymore. I was thinking that they'd also add the FE cars to it, but it doesn't seem to look like they will.

This weeks 4 horsemen of the Specialty Dealer are..

2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR £225,250
2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello £369,750
2005 Honda NSX-R £191,250
2004 Porsche 911 GT3 £178,500

So back to back Porsche’s, possible hat trick next week in the Specialty Dealer?

Time for a price comparison, specialty dealer vs. autoshow:

2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR - 225,250/265,000
2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello - 369,750/435,000
2005 Honda NSX-R - 191,250/225,000
2004 Porsche 911 GT3 - 178,500/210,000

So the specialty dealer is a way to save 15% off the regular price in the autoshow.

So in hindsight I was right about another Porsche showing up, the Specialty dealer returnee 2012 Porsche 911 GT3RS 4.0 £195,500.

The other 3 are the 2010 Noble M600 £204,000, the 2011 Mercedes Benz SLS AMG also at £204,000 and the 2011 Mclaren 12C at £199,750.

In todays round, I got all cars under # 50. The Corvette at 14, the Viper at 47, the Challenger at 33, and the Mustang at 11. ( I chose the Corvette 1st, the Mustang 2nd, Challenger 3rd, and the Viper last).

So this weeks 4 horseman of the Specialty Dealer are classics, two brits and two italians.

1964 Aston Martin DB5 £157,250
1959 Jaguar Mk II 3.8 £102,000
1953 Maserati A6GCS/53 £170,000
1952 Fiat 8V Supersonic £170,000

This week is 4 Godzilla’s strong with Japan getting a good showing with..

2009 Honda S2000 CR £50,150
1997 Mazda RX-7 £45,900
2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R £33,575
1993 Nissan 240SX SE £31,025

This week is 4 Godzilla’s strong with Japan getting a good showing with..

2009 Honda S2000 CR £50,150
1997 Mazda RX-7 £45,900
2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R £33,575
1993 Nissan 240SX SE £31,025
Probably the cheapest set yet.

This weeks Foursome are old school classics from early 60’s to early 70’s.

COTW’s pick for last week is here in the form of the 1960 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato £170,000.

The other 3 are as follows..

1970 Datsun 510 £19,975
1967 Lamborghini Miura P400 £306,000
1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS £75,650

Yeah, some nice choices this week. Low cost too. I jumped on the Miura 1st, then the Carrera, then the DB4 Zagato, and finally the Datsun.
My numbers :
Datsun 510: #59
DB4 Zagato; #43
911 Carrera: #14
Miura: #8

Picked up #5 for the Datsun. Are people actually willing to buy low numbered cars?
Yes, absolutely! I have been doing this for the last few months. People will pay the Maximum and end the auction for a low numbered car. Unfortunately, you can't raise the price too much. If you add upgrades, it will allow a certain amount above the value of the car. In most cases, you can get a 20-30K profit, more if the car is expensive. But, in your case, a #5, you should be able to make $100,000 or more. So I could make just as much as you if I sold my #59 Datsun. I don't think that is fair. But, to answer your question yes, they ARE willing to buy low numbered vehicles, and when I say low numbered I mean #1-#500

Here's a thought I've been having; if Turn 10 have openly admitted that they plan to support Forza 7 for a long while, and Playground are saying the same regarding Horizon 4, I honestly wonder if they'll implement a "backwards-port" feature. What I mean by that is, a car introduced/reintroduced in Forza Horizon 4, such as the Ford GT40 MkI or the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 could be ported to Forza 7 via the Specialty Dealer. It'd be a great way to not only tie the two games together, but also give fans of each some well-deserved love. I know that there are folks who don't care for Horizon, same goes for Motorsport. Imagine logging in on a Tuesday on Forza 7 and seeing cars from Horizon 4 in the Specialty Dealer. I for one would LOVE to race the GT40 MkI against the other Prototype Endurance Racers division cars. As it stands, the Specialty Dealer literally has NOTHING going for it aside for the collectors wanting to score low-numbered cars. Porting Horizon 4 cars into Motorsport 7 would definitely revive a feature that has so much undiscovered potential. Just food for thought. 👍

Latest Posts

Back