Forza Motorsport 7: Totino's Car Pack & January 2018 Content Update

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 162 comments
Ireland
Codemasters (EA)
PJTierney

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_january_totinos

We’re kicking off the new year with a new update for Forza Motorsport 7, arriving today for both Xbox One and Windows 10.

This update includes a number of improvements to the game (for the full list, see our most recent Release Notes on the Forza Forums).

Today’s update includes new cars across two separate packs. In addition to the free 2019 Hyundai Veloster N and Turbo Free Car Pack – which features both the 2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo N and the Veloster Turbo, today’s update also features the cars of the Totino’s Car Pack.

The seven cars in the pack feature a mix of historic and modern racing as well as technical innovation that has defined the automotive industry.

516a934f-4e9e-4e14-8827-8f25f48616ea.jpg

8a597d3e-06a5-4d09-93a5-a836eebdcefc.jpg

2b04de28-6374-4b4d-b067-f5a5609278dc.jpg

2dd5f680-148e-4f04-995c-de5dada6d30b.jpg

6477288a-cdf6-4bcc-8f34-d4906bbc59be.jpg

• 2017 BMW #24 BMW Team RLL M6 GTLM
  • 1970 Citroen 2CV
  • 1997 Lotus Elise GT1
  • 1967 Nissan R380 II
  • 1993 Porsche 911 Turbo S Leichtbau
  • 1968 Subaru 360
  • 1967 Volkswagen Type 3 1600 L

Today's update for Forza Motorsport 7 includes the cars of the free Hyundai Car Pack and the Totino's Car Pack. In addition, this update includes fixes and improvements throughout the game, including the following:

MULTIPLAYER
- Fixed an issue where, in a game of Tag, a player would see the notification “You are it!” despite not actually being “It.”

AUDIO
- Fixed an issue where some players would lose audio in the Main Menu after disconnecting from a public multiplayer race.

CARS
- Fixed a bug where the Ferrari 599 GTO would not change engine sounds after installing the Twin Turbo aspiration upgrade.

PC
- Fixed an issue where setting Dynamic Optimization to “on” after having manually adjusted Advanced settings does not override Advanced settings.
- Fixed an issue where some players’ games were crashing when browsing cars in various screens.
- Fixed an issue where audio was not heard when navigating up and down in the Current, Past & Future Leagues series tabs.
- Fixed an issue where, if a player entered a Text to Speech message using only symbols, the game would crash.

SPLIT SCREEN

- Rewards sequence now players for both Player 1 and Player 2 in Splitscreen.
- Fixed an issue whether neither player in Splitscreen could access the #Forzathon menu.

FREE PLAY
- When setting up “Number of Laps” or “Time”-based End Condition, players will now automatically default to intuitive “Scoring Type” and “Bigger is Better” settings.
- Fixed an issue where the 1962 Porsche 804 would not race against any other 804 models in Free Play.

#FORZATHON
- Fixed an issue where players could use rewind to quickly to gain multiple completed laps on certain #Forzathon events.

LEAGUES
- Players can now cancel matchmaking after moving into a new band by pressing the B button.
- Fixed an issue where some players would see hitching in Leagues over multiple consecutive races.

MISCELLANEOUS

- Fixed an issue in Bowling and Autocross events, where the objective would not update in the pre-race menu if the player changed the difficulty via the “suggested difficulty change pop-up”.
- Fixed an issue where “Engine Specification” pop-up would appear in Forzavista in some cases.
- When selecting the number of laps for a race, lap count will accelerate as player scrolls to larger numbers.
- Fixed an issue where only hood or bumper cameras were used for replay sequence on Maple Valley Reverse.
- Fixed an issue where only English keyboard is shown whenever a user had their game or console language set to something other than English.

Last edited:
I'm not amused how a sizeable portion of the player base (mostly referring to official forum) consider it problematic that there's only one recent car in the pack. I perfectly understand that many people want to see cars like the 720 S, 812 Superfast and Chiron, but it doesn't take a PhD to realize that older classics fill out more important gaps because their inclusion cannot be taken for granted. Brace yourselves for the YouTube comments later on.

Still holding my breath on the 964 not being the flat-nose version. But if it isn't, then damn am I happy to finally see a 964 in the game. While I would prefer the Carrera RS in some form, the Turbo S is basically a turbo version of the RS anyways. Wondering how they modeled the interior, maybe based on the museum car with the Speed Yellow steering wheel and painted sport seats. Ohh do you think it has the "Supercar Champion" script on the sides?

Calm down. Just wait and see. It's not just about the 911, the other cars are great of course!

It's also good to see Citroën return as a manufacturer. That long-term potential of this excites me much more than the 2CV on its own. It wasn't looking very promising when the DS3 disappeared after FM5.

Ohh do you think it has the "Supercar Champion" script on the sides?

I was wondering this too. I'm probably going to paint it over if it has, as I find it kind of cheesy compared to the average Porsche decal.

This pack prooved my decision to not get the car season pass right (again).
From all the car packs we had since the game got released i only really wanted the Alfa Romeo Giulia which i just purchased for 2,99. I am just not a fan of older cars or racing cars. I prefer modern day sportscars, supercars or hypercars. Happy for those who liked the car packs until now. Not mad at Turn10. Sure there are people out there who are really excited for some of the cars.

I was wondering this too. I'm probably going to paint it over if it has, as I find it kind of cheesy compared to the average Porsche decal.
It is cheesy, yeah. It wasn't included on all 86 of the Leichtbau (in fact, I've only seen a few of them with the decals) Turbos, but the Porsche museum car has them, so I wonder if the game included it for authenticity if Turn 10 really did use the museum car for modeling. Should be easy to paint over anyways like you said.

On the real cars, the seat backs were painted to match the exterior color, but just like the 993 GT2 in the game, I bet the sport seats will be gray or balck so players can paint the car any color rather than making the seat color match exterior color. Shame too, I like the color matched seats.

This is one hell of a pack.

Glad to see the 2CV confirmed from the audio file "leaks", wonder if anything new will drop in the update's files...

WOW.
Can almost forgive them for all the other nonsense so far, absolutely LOVE the Elise GT1.

While I am disappointed there's no new SUV or truck to screw around with, I do like the addition of the 2CV. With an engine swap, it should be fairly comical to drive around. Hopefully they modeled the dreadful suspension accurately.

The 360 should be pretty fun too. Assuming I can drop in an STI engine and make it AWD, it'll be another fun car to slide around.

This is a badass car pack! At least T10 still has that spirit of adding variety into their games, even the latest one. :)

Although there is going to be complaints about there not being a new hypercar, it's hard to not like this pack.

So many cars in this pack I'm in love with, especially old favorites like the Subaru 360, Elise GT1, and 2CV which were in the old Gran Turismos. Just seeing them I feel nostalgic, how bout, you guys?

While I don't own FM7 at the moment, I decided to check out the list anyways.
2017 BMW #24 BMW Team RLL M6 GTLM
imsa-daytona-24-2017-24-bmw-team-rll-bmw-m6-gtlm-john-edwards-martin-tomczyk-nicky-catsbur.jpg
Meh.

1970 Citroen 2CV
3fd06d21a08d4989fe4e7a528d6fb86e.jpg
A silly vehicle to mess with 15 minutes before going back to the usual cars.

1997 Lotus Elise GT1
1997-lotus-elise-7.jpg
My Favourite car out of the list tbh.

1967 Nissan R380 II
images_nissan_r380-series_1966_1.jpg
I don't think I even heard of it before. Nice addition but I will probably ignore it tbh.

1993 Porsche 911 Turbo S Leichtbau
c241c249a3267db78aab1f40413bfb05.jpg
My 2nd favourite so far.
1968 Subaru 360
8b0df0cb544adcc830e868ff560f8946.jpg
More "silly" vehicles for YouTubers to mess with and upload videos of it.
1967 Volkswagen Type 3 1600 L
maxresdefault.jpg
Ehhhh...it's an old thing.

-----
Why I don't feel that excited for? Is it due to the massive size of car lists? Maybe it's the Season pass price that would eat my wallet like with FH3 (I payed $100 for a video game, jeez).

I mean if these appeared in GT sport (excluding that M6 which we already have) then I would get hyped but I don't feel the same thing for Forza. I dunno, I barely touch my Xbox anyways now that I ran out of Gold subscription.

I'm not amused how a sizeable portion of the player base (mostly referring to official forum) consider it problematic that there's only one recent car in the pack. I perfectly understand that many people want to see cars like the 720 S, 812 Superfast and Chiron, but it doesn't take a PhD to realize that older classics fill out more important gaps because their inclusion cannot be taken for granted. Brace yourselves for the YouTube comments later on.
Turn 10 could release a pack of nothing but undrivable X-class hypercars and Dallara-based prototypes and the people on the official forums will still whine that they didn't want those undrivable X-class hypercars and Dallara-based prototypes, why don't you ever listen to us?????? All it really does is prove the first rule of fandoms: They don't actually know what they want, they just don't want what they're being given.

That said, I do hope that the Subaru, Citroen and VW don't end up getting chucked into the Forza Specials division. It kinda defeats the purpose of including cars like that if they're just going to end up in the "kitchen sink" category instead of being placed with similar cars.

Back