Forza Motorsport 7: Totino's Car Pack & January 2018 Content Update

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 162 comments
Turn 10 could release a pack of nothing but undrivable X-class hypercars and Dallara-based prototypes and the people on the official forums will still whine that they didn't want those undrivable X-class hypercars and Dallara-based prototypes, why don't you ever listen to us?????? All it really does is prove the first rule of fandoms: They don't actually know what they want, they just don't want what they're being given.

That said, I do hope that the Subaru, Citroen and VW don't end up getting chucked into the Forza Specials division. It kinda defeats the purpose of including cars like that if they're just going to end up in the "kitchen sink" category instead of being placed with similar cars.

You know full well with how T10 has been operating, that's what is going to happen.

Thoughts on the pack:

It's AWESOME! This is way better than the previous car pack and on par with the November car pack for sure. There is a better balance of vehicles provided here with 2 quirky, small cars for people that enjoy the quirky stuff. The BMW M6 GTE, Lotus Elise GT1, and Porsche 911 are fantastic for people that wanted more recent cars added to the equation. The Nissan r380-2 is another fantastic, classic race car that has plenty of competitors waiting for it. The Volkswagen Type 3 in whatever body setup also makes for a nice, classic addition. Oh and not a single SUV in sight, which is a great makeup for the fact the previous pack had 3 SUVs in it.

Actually, when I think about it; I guess every car in this pack has competitors waiting for it. The M6 GTLM was a needed addition as Turn 10 slipped behind in their race cars when 3-4 other Sim racers have up-to-date race cars. The Hyundai pack announced yesterday makes for a nice bonus! I'm overall happy for this month and I can't wait to drive all of these.

- Seems to be that they are not advertising the Leichtbau very much considering it had no screen time in the trailer.
Neither did the VW. Very peculiar, and slightly worrying, considering that when the Mk3 Supra came to FH3 in a DLC, it was hardly mentioned, and we all know what happened after that. (I know I know, I'm quite the pessimist)

The VW and Porsche were likely not completed before the trailer was shot/cut. Nothing more.

The car descriptions on Forza's website suggest that the VW included is the sedan-shaped body. Just saying since no image / footage was released.

Strange to see no VW or Porsche. But I will be eagerly waiting for member's photos here before I can download the pack myself.

Truthfully... I can live without this car pack. It's great that they skipped the SUVs, but this pack isn't pulling any of my heart strings. This car pack needs more Panoz GT1.

Forza website says it's the Type 3 notchback we're getting. Would have prefered the fastback tbh but hey, it'll do.

The car descriptions on Forza's website suggest that the VW included is the sedan-shaped body. Just saying since no image / footage was released.

Correct...

1967 Volkswagen Type 3 1600 L
In its early days, Volkswagen naming conventions were nearly as elementary as its vehicle designs. The Type 1 was, of course, the phenomenal Beetle; the Type 2 the famed VW Bus. The Type 3 actually represented three models: the Fastback, the Squareback, and this classic three-box design, the Notchback. All were largely based on the body on chassis, rear-engine design of the famed Type 1 with some key differences. The flat-four cylinder in the Type 3 is known as the “pancake” engine due to its low profile that allowed for more luggage space. The front suspension incorporated transverse torsion bars and the motor and transaxle had their own subframe as well which delivered less interior vibration. Type 3s are getting harder and harder to find these days with the “Notch” being the rarest of all. Take a trip back in time in this capsule of Volkswagen innovation.

So it's this coupe and not the wagon.

for-sale-VW-Notchback-1967.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-AIVBgyyxD...WBL-udK0/s1600/for-sale-VW-Notchback-1967.jpg

Ok I'm French, I like the 2CV it's funny, but put it in Forza 🤬 Motorsport I don't understand. Couldn't they put on the new Alpine A110? -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I'm French, I like the 2CV it's funny, but put it in Forza 🤬 Motorsport I don't understand. Couldn't they put on the new Alpine A110? -_-

So with the 911 RSR and now the M6, that leaves us with only what, 6-7 more current spec GT cars missing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Update downloading on my PC :D

Release notes:

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...ATED-Dec--14--2017--6-23-p-m.aspx#post_862280

Today's update for Forza Motorsport 7 includes the cars of the free Hyundai Car Pack and the Totino's Car Pack. In addition, this update includes fixes and improvements throughout the game, including the following:

MULTIPLAYER
- Fixed an issue where, in a game of Tag, a player would see the notification “You are it!” despite not actually being “It.”

AUDIO
- Fixed an issue where some players would lose audio in the Main Menu after disconnecting from a public multiplayer race.

CARS
- Fixed a bug where the Ferrari 599 GTO would not change engine sounds after installing the Twin Turbo aspiration upgrade.

PC
- Fixed an issue where setting Dynamic Optimization to “on” after having manually adjusted Advanced settings does not override Advanced settings.
- Fixed an issue where some players’ games were crashing when browsing cars in various screens.
- Fixed an issue where audio was not heard when navigating up and down in the Current, Past & Future Leagues series tabs.
- Fixed an issue where, if a player entered a Text to Speech message using only symbols, the game would crash.

SPLIT SCREEN

- Rewards sequence now players for both Player 1 and Player 2 in Splitscreen.
- Fixed an issue whether neither player in Splitscreen could access the #Forzathon menu.

FREE PLAY
- When setting up “Number of Laps” or “Time”-based End Condition, players will now automatically default to intuitive “Scoring Type” and “Bigger is Better” settings.
- Fixed an issue where the 1962 Porsche 804 would not race against any other 804 models in Free Play.

#FORZATHON
- Fixed an issue where players could use rewind to quickly to gain multiple completed laps on certain #Forzathon events.

LEAGUES
- Players can now cancel matchmaking after moving into a new band by pressing the B button.
- Fixed an issue where some players would see hitching in Leagues over multiple consecutive races.

MISCELLANEOUS

- Fixed an issue in Bowling and Autocross events, where the objective would not update in the pre-race menu if the player changed the difficulty via the “suggested difficulty change pop-up”.
- Fixed an issue where “Engine Specification” pop-up would appear in Forzavista in some cases.
- When selecting the number of laps for a race, lap count will accelerate as player scrolls to larger numbers.
- Fixed an issue where only hood or bumper cameras were used for replay sequence on Maple Valley Reverse.
- Fixed an issue where only English keyboard is shown whenever a user had their game or console language set to something other than English.

Only one "unannounced" new file - for_f150raptorsema_17.zip

Name explains itself really. Now off to search the audio files then actually play the thing :P

It's a 1.37GB update. Can't seem to find the Hyundai pack anywhere, though.

Back