Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,703 comments
Visually it looks fine, but it seems kinda arcady. I don’t know, it’s just not very serious looking with all the crashing and sparking… also the music doesn’t fit the genre I think… I was expecting something more serious, but I’ll keep an eye on it. Still a long way to go until spring 2023.
Yeah, I figure it’ll have that Arcade feel of all the Forza games. However, I liked the thrill of racing the game provided. Forza, for me, been opposite to how I play GT. With GT, I played to watch replays. With Forza, the live racing experience is more engaging.

Looks great, saying all the right things. The gameplay reveal felt like a well aimed list of things that a certain PS racing game doesn't have.

My overwhelming thought? What's the catch. Real time ray tracing, new engine, new techniques, time of day and weather dynamic for all circuits. Are we only getting 200 cars and 15 tracks? A content sacrifice like we saw from FM4 to FM5? I hope not.
I'd rather accept a content cut if it means they can iron out deep seated issues with physics, online, sounds, AI, single player career, livery editor, photo mode etc

I hope they move assists to per-car/tune instead of the global options they always have.

Most people disable assists in Forza and thats why GT3 race cars and modern supercars never feel right. It needs to be moved to per car/tune. That change alone will add a lot of authenticity to how different cars are supposed to feel.

FORZA-MOTORSPORT-2.jpg

slowclap-shottas.gif

I hope they move assists to per-car/tune instead of the global options they always have.

Most people disable assists in Forza and thats why GT3 race cars and modern supercars never feel right. It needs to be moved to per car/tune. That change alone will add a lot of authenticity to how different cars are supposed to feel.
They really need to implement TC, ABS and stability control properly. That's almost as important a secret wishlist item for me as collision physics. That and torque vectoring/modern AWD systems. If my real life AWD car drove like it does in Forza I'd have not wasted money and time buying it.

Holy Moly, wow. This looks incredibly good, omg. If the Gameplay Physics/FFB delivers the same way the Trailer delivered Graphically…😮
And on top of that a Game Design with a Focus on Competitive Online Racing and a working Penalty System, I’d be blown away.

I hope this game has over 1,000 cars for the starting roster, or at least bigger than Forza Motorsport 7 when it launched. Either way, I’m definitely looking forward to this next year :)

Racing game but nothing about driving model. Great presentation /s
Hopefully they get into that on the 16th during Forza Monthly. Honestly the eye candy is nice, but my biggest issue with Forza Motorsport is with the physics and how the game feels.

A secondary issue would be not being able to adjust the FOV. But that is more of a me thing and not something widely criticized in any Forza Motorsport title.

Forza don’t Show anything unique for their brand. GT has moon over castle and makes an identify for the brand. Forza is still one racing game out of others.
Even Maple Valley was inspired by Autumn Ring.

Truth is, Forza wouldn't exist without GT. Ask anyone, Alan, Dan, Chris, they all have a lot of respect for GT.

Only ones killing each other over the franchises are us here. :lol:

I hope this game has over 1,000 cars for the starting roster, or at least bigger than Forza Motorsport 7 when it launched. Either way, I’m definitely looking forward to this next year :)
I'd love for this game have over 1000 cars too but there's no way that's happening IMO

I reckon 300-350 cars at launch is a reasonable expectation, with that roster growing significantly post launch.

Tracks should be more of a concern - with Dynamic TOD and Weather (un sure if this dynamic) available in every environment, a significant reworking of all tracks from FM7 is in order.

I'm expecting a lot if track cuts from FM7 because of this - which is fine. Bernese Alps doesn't need to return ;)

No-one is forced to buy cars by money.
Now that's a good one; no one is forced to buy MTX on mobile games either.

But they are HEAVILY incentivized.

Only someone that hasn't played these games since earlier times would ever say Forza hasn't made it's own unique identity.

Forza was the first major console sim online, the first with a vinyl editor, first to have properly recorded engine sounds, first to have laser scanned race tracks, and more.

The new Forza Motorsport is the first major console sim with in-game ray tracing.

Last edited:
I found this on the updated support page.
View attachment 1160432
Im not so sure of current gen only yet. Neither are they.

View attachment 1160433
60 fps standard.

View attachment 1160434
RT on track. Seems a bit weirdly worded, but its probably just me nitpicking.

View attachment 1160435
Dynamic and static ToD along with weather are available.

BTW the trailer was captured in game on an XSX.
So... there's gonna be a possibility of Forza Motorsport coming on XBOX One Consoles?

Forza don’t Show anything unique for their brand. GT has moon over castle and makes an identify for the brand. Forza is still one racing game out of others.
Haha. You're seriously using that cheesy 80s song as an identity for the GT brand, as a positive thing? Ask the 10 million people who buys the game, most won't even know what that is by name. Especially outside Japan.

Take off your blinkers, they're all just racing games that do things a little bit differently.

Last edited:
Now that's a good one; no one is forced to buy MTX on mobile games either.

But they are HEAVILY incentivized.

Only someone that hasn't played these games since earlier times would ever say Forza hasn't made it's own unique identity.

Forza was the first major console sim online, the first with a vinyl editor, first to have properly recorded engine sounds, first to have laser scanned race tracks, and more.

The new Forza Motorsport is the first major console sim with in-game ray tracing.
Sorry, but no- one remembers at that features.
I meant anything, which would make the brand known. We you hear or see that in media.
Again asked.

I meant anything, which would make the brand known. We you hear or see that in media.
Again asked.
So... because you don't remember those features being innovated on a Forza game, the accomplishments no longer matter?

What a joke.

You do understand by implementing and pushing a standard forward that it also pushed other franchise to meet those standards?
View attachment 1160488

So... FM XBOX One may indeed be a reality, unless Chris Esaki discusses about it later this year. Oh well... we'll have to wait and see...
The Xbox One is completely incapable of handling the new physics engine.

Last edited:
Damn.. unless they use FM7's engine... For the XBOX One version. Now I'll have to wait for months till I can get a Series X here in the Philippines.

Last edited:
Damn.. unless they use FM7's engine... For the XBOX One version. Now I'll have to wait for months till I can get a Series X here in the Philippines.
Nah, it is next-gen only. Good news is that the game does not launch for a year so if you're capable of getting a Series X within months you will have plenty of time.

Again asked.
The thing that made the GT brand known was the revolution in the racing game format. GT1 came at a time when racing games had 1-12 cars total, usually fictional, when graphics were poor and race tracks were cartoony. What GT1 offered was a genuine revolution.

It didn't become known because the Japanese version of the game had an intro song that some people liked.

Forza came along and borrowed that format as a base, as said above they make no secret of that. But they created their own identity with the American presentation, features like livery editor and Performance Index, and they created their own fictional circuits which became loved.

To say nothing about the Forza brand is known is just ignorant. You clearly don't care for it, but it has an identity.

Last edited:
Nah, it is next-gen only. Good news is that the game does not launch for a year so if you're capable of getting a Series X within months you will have plenty of time.
I feel a small sense of relief, although it'll be hard to convince my mother to buy me a Series X... Or a Series S.

Back