Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,703 comments
I feel a small sense of relief, although it'll be hard to convince my mother to buy me a Series X... Or a Series S.
I feel ya, that is a tough situation to be in.

You should be able to stream the new Forza Motorsport from your Xbox One but I can't say what the quality of it would be for you at the time it comes out.

zhqcseb099591.png

Hmm...

Last edited:
A lot of the things I'm concerned about don't fall into what I'm guessing the majority of other players are concerned about.

I don't care anything about career, making liveries, tuning, or weather. I'll probably never drive in the rain.

The things I want to see in future teasers or info releases are a good selection of real world tracks. As I said in the other thread, Daytona, Le Mans, and the Nordschleife would be the most important. Fantasy tracks don't really interest me much. I have ran Maple Valley a little but I've never ran Rio or Prague.

A good accurate FFB model for wheels.

Accurate car grids and not a jumbled up mess of cars that don't belong together.

Being able to start a race in whatever starting position I choose.

And probably most important is AI behavior. It was so frustrating to have the AI be in the same place every time and if you were in their line trying to out brake them, they were running into you because they just didn't know you were there.

Shame that the graphics style is still leaning on cartoony. Despite being crossgen GT7 sill has much more realistic lighting and color palette. Car models also nowhere close to GT, but at least most cars from FM7 should carry over since they didn't bother remaking them.

I'm surprised to see the Ginetta LMP1 in there, given how it never made it into PCARS despite their close relationship and how the actual program was canned mid-season I kind of figure it would be forgotten about.

I'll probably never play Forza 8 since buying a console/xbox live for just one game is not great value for money but hopefully the series rediscovers it's identity, I really enjoyed the first 4 but the series seemed to lose it's way afterewards.

Looks very impressive so far, hopefully the car sounds aren't overly "crispy" as they were in Forza Motorsport 7, Forza Horizon 3 had the sounds just right and even though they fixed alot of the sounds in FM7, the compression always bothered me abit.

I'm just really happy to see new cars appearing! I hope they bring the fight to GT proper.
If this comes out really good and the next Horizon heads to Japan, I'mma gonna buy a new Xbox.

Last edited:
Considering how the last few Forza launches have gone (both series') it's hard to get too excited, but I have to admit it looks promising.

I also don't mind waiting until next year either as I will likely need to upgrade my PC to play it and don't plan on doing that until winter. Hopefully they release PC requirements soon so I can start figuring out what I need.

The compromise is physics operations per second.

The new Forza Motorsport is 48 times the amount of physics operations per second than the previous generation Forza. GT7 is nowhere near this amount.

View attachment 1160378

Easy to miss in the video but here is a fully animated pit crew.
Could you please share info on how many physics operations per second GT7 does? Can’t find anything online.

The compromise is physics operations per second.

The new Forza Motorsport is 48 times the amount of physics operations per second than the previous generation Forza. GT7 is nowhere near this amount.
They are presumably referring to the tire contact model, which has gone from one point to 8 points at 6 times the frequency. But as they have been using the one point model since Forza 1 it was due an upgrade.

Last edited:
Looks great, saying all the right things. The gameplay reveal felt like a well aimed list of things that a certain PS racing game doesn't have.

My overwhelming thought? What's the catch. Real time ray tracing, new engine, new techniques, time of day and weather dynamic for all circuits. Are we only getting 200 cars and 15 tracks? A content sacrifice like we saw from FM4 to FM5? I hope not
So I distinctly noticed the footage said "in-engine" and the ray tracing was described as "on track" not "during gameplay". Why wouldn't you just say the ray tracing is during gameplay, if it is during gameplay? On track could easily mean just in replays like GT7. The terminology they very carefully chose just feels like obfuscation, typical turn 10.

I'm not sure why they highlighted the damage in this trailer. It's the same damage protocol it always has been, with carbon fiber crinkling like sheetmetal.

The presentation has a cartoony look.

All in all, considering the massive hype train this game has been building up, I'm not impressed. If the physics engine is fantastic, that's good, but we haven't seen it yet.

Last edited:
They are presumably referring to the tire contact model, which has gone from one point to 8 points at 6 times the frequency. But as they have been using the one point model since Forza 1 it was due an upgrade.
8 points? 8 points per tire or car? PC sims usually have 3 points of calculation. Inner, middle and outer. That's how they calculate temps and pressure. ACC has one of the most complex tire models and they went with a 5 point tire model. Where does it say this 8 point model at? 8 points per car, maybe. If you're not even calculating temps and pressure in game I can't see the advantage of going past a 1 point tire model.

8 points? 8 points per tire or car? PC sims usually have 3 points of calculation. Inner, middle and outer. That's how they calculate temps and pressure. ACC has one of the most complex tire models and they went with a 5 point tire model. Where does it say this 8 point model at? 8 points per car, maybe. If you're not even calculating temps and pressure in game I can't see the advantage of going past a 1 point tire model.
I think is per tyre based on what they say a year ago in May 2021 Forza Monthly I think. Found its quote in 2021 year in review article:

Our tire collision model now has 48 times more fidelity. Previously, it had a single point of contact with the track surface and moved at 60 cycles per second. Our new model has eight points of contact with the track surface and is running at 360 cycles per second!

Link: https://forza.net/news/forza-year-in-review-2021/

Last edited:
Totally agree, after 5 years (almost 6 by the time this hits the real world) I expected more, and with Greenwald still attached let's hope for AI that aren't complete imbeciles, FOV adjustment, physics that have some resemblance to reality and the abolition of drivertards or the game will be sunk.

Visually it looks fine, but it seems kinda arcady. I don’t know, it’s just not very serious looking with all the crashing and sparking… also the music doesn’t fit the genre I think… I was expecting something more serious, but I’ll keep an eye on it. Still a long way to go until spring

It does look very nice. This is a demonstration of why last gen needs to be left behind. Forza can do what it's doing because it has been developed solely for next gen and is leaving last gen alone.

Wonder if the cars are made from scratch like it was in gt sport, of that would be the case the car count would drop, but i would not mind anyway, i rather have more detailed car models and where the cars feel more alive, more cars can just be added in dlc and keep building from there, some of forza car models are pretty outdated, some are even 360 ports, so i think its good time to work that over

Wonder if the cars are made from scratch like it was in gt sport, of that would be the case the car count would drop, but i would not mind anyway, i rather have more detailed car models and where the cars feel more alive, more cars can just be added in dlc and keep building from there, some of forza car models are pretty outdated, some are even 360 ports, so i think its good time to work that over
1655102988448.png

Car models seem exactly the same to me, maybe they'll rework some poor models, but most should carry over from FM7 without issue.

At the presentation, you can see that say dont take the simulation aspect seriously.

They show car driving from the outside perspective only and no cockpit..

Already GT7 shown in first trailer cockpit.

It's like forza Horizon last year and thats arcade.

Last edited:
Shame that the graphics style is still leaning on cartoony. Despite being crossgen GT7 sill has much more realistic lighting and color palette. Car models also nowhere close to GT, but at least most cars from FM7 should carry over since they didn't bother remaking them.
Agree, it has that very crispy sharp CGI look

I just hope that this will be the game that fully introduces Nitro. Gran Turismo had it since 2004 and yet not one of the 13 Forza titles have it aside from one or two Expansion Packs & a Prototype Version.

Back