Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,875 comments
At the presentation, you can see that say dont take the simulation aspect seriously.

They show car driving from the outside perspective only and no cockpit..

Already GT7 shown in first trailer cockpit.

It's like forza Horizon last year and thats arcade.

They wanted to make sure the entire thing used a single camera, if you tried going inside the car using a single camera it would clip through the car geometry which would look poor on a livestream. I suppose they could have blended it via a fade out but that would take away from the smoothness of the presentation.

Last edited:
At the presentation, you can see that say dont take the simulation aspect seriously.

They show car driving from the outside perspective only and no cockpit..

Already GT7 shown in first trailer cockpit.

It's like forza Horizon last year and thats arcade.
On the contrary, it seems the simulation aspect they take is exactly that, serious.

Judging a video with 5 meters away from the cars. Yea you really seem to have some sort of superpowers lol 🙄

Something like this close would be needed to maybe tell the difference in details/polygon count:

View attachment 1160538

Everything else is just talking nonsens...
They specifically didn't focus on the cars because there's nothing new there apart from raytraced reflections. They're not going to remake 800 cars all over again, some touch ups here and there, but the general models are the same. Except now they can actually afford to run higher LODs in actual gameplay. If you want go nitpicking, here's a shot of the GTR, you can see the polygon edges on the brakelight, go and compare with FM7 it will show you the same modelling detail.
1655116863627.png

Last edited:
They specifically didn't focus on the cars because there's nothing new there apart from raytraced reflections.
When did they announce that? They clearly pointed out the damage model is new on the cars as just one example of changes to the cars. We are a year out for the release of the game yet, pretty sure they have more to announce and cover. Maybe don't get ahead of yourself.

I hope they move assists to per-car/tune instead of the global options they always have.

Most people disable assists in Forza and thats why GT3 race cars and modern supercars never feel right. It needs to be moved to per car/tune. That change alone will add a lot of authenticity to how different cars are supposed to feel.
That. It needs to be linked to car tuning somehow. And they need to input more realistic electronic assistance too. You know how autojournalists spend time explaining how different modes affects the way the car behaves and how you can change parameters . This needs to be implemented. Not just TCS ASM on or off.

When did they announce that? They clearly pointed out the damage model is new on the cars as just one example of changes to the cars. We are a year out for the release of the game yet, pretty sure they have more to announce and cover. Maybe don't get ahead of yourself.
Sim is just jumping to conclusions.

They specifically didn't focus on the cars because there's nothing new there apart from raytraced reflections.
Every car has been remodelled to the new power of Xbox's Series consoles, including advanced car damage that simulates destruction down to “individual scratches”.

Last edited:
Shame that the graphics style is still leaning on cartoony. Despite being crossgen GT7 sill has much more realistic lighting and color palette. Car models also nowhere close to GT, but at least most cars from FM7 should carry over since they didn't bother remaking them.
I dont think we've seen enough at this point to determine this. We need more in cockpit footage. Several of the very small snippets from Laguna Seca look pretty realistic to me from a color and lighting perspective. Check out toward the end of the actual 1 minute long tralier for some of the Laguna Seca footage.

advanced car damage that simulates destruction down to “individual scratches”.
I think this quote is hilarious, it's like you expect it to say "destruction down to every last nut and bolt, bodypanel and bits of chassis" but then it's individual scratches, and it's declared so proudly lol, as if it hasn't been a thing for 20 years at this point. These guys need to play BeamNG and Wreckfest and never mention the pathetic damage they have ever again.

I think this quote is hilarious, it's like you expect it to say "destruction down to every last nut and bolt, bodypanel and bits of chassis" but then it's individual scratches, and it's declared so proudly lol, as if it hasn't been a thing for 20 years at this point. These guys need to play BeamNG and Wreckfest and never mention the pathetic damage they have ever again.
moving-goalpost.gif

Last edited:
Watch this and weep PD!
We are all well aware of the areas where GT7 is a graphical letdown. It’s notable T10 focused on foliage and a fictional track. For the majority of real world tracks we only see tree canopies which look great in GT7. As PD have great material shaders and lighting which gives a photorealistic look when in cockpit view.

When played back-to-back it’s very clear FM7 & FM8 have the same heritage & art style. It’s an undeniably pretty looking game. But it doesn’t look remotely realistic. Even when we saw the Ginetta in the pitlane with the engine cover removed. The narrator talked about the gold leaf reflections. But the carbon, plastic & rubber elements all looked very gamey.

FH4 & FH5 are the closest I’ve seen to another game matching PD’s lighting. So I’m surprised T10 have continued with this art style.

It has that weird over the top HDR CGI look to it. Unreal engine 4 games that go for realism also seem to suffer with it. Getting a photorealistic art style is obviously not easy and I think GT7 excels here, even if the fidelity of the environments isn’t great.

Last edited:
I just hope that this will be the game that fully introduces Nitro. Gran Turismo had it since 2004 and yet not one of the 13 Forza titles have it aside from one or two Expansion Packs & a Prototype Version.
Working KERS/DRS/Hybrid Power on cars that have it as well. Forza is pretty behind on hybrid power systems.
I really like driving formula cars that have big KERS boost like the Formula X in Project Cars 2 - tons of fun.

It’s impossible to implement real damange in a game as comprehensive as Forza of Gran Turismo. So we get these weird crumples & scratches that don’t reflect what the car is constructed of.

It really add’s nothing to the game from a sim perspective. It’s one of those things for a checklist. But again, isn’t remotely realistic. Damaged components & wear would be more useful.

Last edited:
Relax, young lad. Just discussing the game, if you want to believe the cars now have 10 billion polygons you can, I'm not gonna stop you.
Also weird how they boast about dynamic Time of Day as if it's some cutting edge feature, any racing sim of the last 10 years or so has it, FM is literally the last one to jump to having shadow maps instead of baked shadows. GT5 had it 12 years ago.

Last edited:
A franchise, Ive always wanted to like, but every game is vaguely unsatisfying and quickly gets old. Looking forward to seeing if this is an evolution or just the same formula... (the way some of those cars were cornering in the video doesn't inspire confidence though)

I really hope there’s proper anti-aliasing this time around that actually does what AA in 2022 is supposed to do.

The shimmering in FH5 even with 4x msaa at 1440p isn’t effective at all and is distracting to my eyes.

Watch this and weep PD!
To be honest, FM and GT don’t even seem like direct competitors anymore. The new FM looks like an action-packed racing game pushing high production values right into plain sight, whereas GT7 has this understated approach that satisfies a different mood. Sure, both titles appeal to very similar audiences, but I don’t think they overlap each other to the point where you can say Turn 10 is teaching PD a lesson or vice versa.

I wanted to know:

How many and which tracks?
How many and which cars?
Pit crew animation with refuel and changing tires?
A.I. actually pitting the cars to either refuel or changing tyres?
Is there a campaing and if can be offline too?
get rid of microtransactions?

Then trailer went overboard with graphics and bragging how much they improved on the physics.

Screenshot_20220613-164454_rif_is_fun.jpg

Apparently, every Ginetta in the factory were scanned (G40, G57 P2, G61 LMP3, G55 GT3, G60, G55 GT4, Akula, etc.), meaning that any Ginetta may come to FH5 and FM... But were there any classic Ginettas spotted in the factory?

Source is from r/wec

Last edited:
This game looks awesome, and I'm expecting this and GT7 are both going to be the best Simcades of this gen when it comes to the driving physics, despite GT7 having so many flaws in terms of features since the launch, the developer needed to take a lot of time to get it fixed.
Too bad that it cannot come in PS5 :( :indiff: :guilty:
Well, you have to buy an Xbox Series X or build your own gaming computer if you want to play it.

Last edited:
get rid of microtransactions?
They did that several titles ago. I can't imagine they would re-implement them either since it seems the seasonal approach playing on people's FOMO has been much more effective.

Then trailer went overboard with graphics and bragging how much they improved on the physics.
It's a launch trailer during a game show and nearly a year from release, I would be shocked if we got much more than that. They're doing a stream on Thursday, I'd imagine that's when they will do more of a deep dive into the game.

I too wasn't really shocked at first and I could clearly see lots of similarities with FM7. More like an evolution or remastered version with enchanted graphics rather than a reboot. But comparing FM2023 to FM7 made me realise they rebuild Maple Valley from the ground. So even this small teaser can show they didn't just build on FM7 and is truly going to be a new start. Even in graphics department.

Can wait to see new gameplays, screens, info and everything they going to trow at us for the next 8-11 months to build up the hype. The future looks promising so far.

They did that several titles ago. I can't imagine they would re-implement them either since it seems the seasonal approach playing on people's FOMO has been much more effective.

It's a launch trailer during a game show and nearly a year from release, I would be shocked if we got much more than that. They're doing a stream on Thursday, I'd imagine that's when they will do more of a deep dive into the game.

There's definitely no way I can see them going back to MTX. The backlash from GT7 will have shown them why not. You're right, the seasonal approach is exactly where it will go.

Back