Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,647 comments
One of the things that has me very excited is the event progression, Chris just reiterated it here, so essentially all single player events you aren't expected to have to gold to progress, and this goes for the reward cars also. I know some people will complain about this system, suggesting it's gone soft, but I love the idea, means you can focus on actually becoming a better driver, including driving clean. Puts the challenge totally up to you, and i'm looking forward to cranking up the difficulty to max and just trying to race like I'm racing real drivers, instead of previous titles where you get your elbows out trying to get 1st place in 3 laps.

Do they have actual championships in which you get score depending on your finish position and then the driver with the most of them wins at the end? I would love that! (Edit: Do they have these in singleplayer as well?)

Last edited:
Nissan R391 was last featured in the 24 hours of Lemans game.

T10 has won me over back. While T10 gives fans the Nissan R391 we get a stupid ambulance in GT7. Talk about the differences in priorities.

By this rate T10 could give us the Audi R8C and the Audi R8R. I also hope the Panoz LMP1 returns.

Genuinely and sincerely, the ambulance is the least of Polyphony Digital's problems.

My concern with this is late adopters miss out on early rewards. You have 2 weeks until the end of the tour to complete them and get the cars. What happens after that?

Will players that play the game after the first tour ends miss out? This seems to go against what they said in the beginning about the events being added permanently to the builder's cup.
How the reward cars may be obtainable going forward once a featured tour is completed is TBA
Seems a lot like FH5's playlists in ethos, so it's reasonable to assume you'll get another chance to win any exclusive cars a couple of times a year.

Seems a lot like FH5's playlists in ethos, so it's reasonable to assume you'll get another chance to win any exclusive cars a couple of times a year.
The spotlight cars are added to the autoshow, and are available to purchase at any time, and with a discount during each featured tour

The reward car, in this first case the Acura DPi, are winnable for playing through the featured tour. How the reward cars may be obtainable going forward once a featured tour is completed is TBA
Fair enough. Thank you for providing an actual answer instead of just laugh reacting.

Do they have actual championships in which you get score depending on your finish position and then the driver with the most of them wins at the end? I would love that! (Edit: Do they have these in singleplayer as well?)
That's how it worked in previous games. I don't think it will be much different for this one, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Yes each Tour series (5-6 races) awards points per race, with an overall championship as well

That's how it worked in previous games. I don't think it will be much different for this one, but I could be wrong.
I just thought about something, is there a fixed difficulty on featured tours like championships in FH5? Some of them were harder, some of them were super easy despite all being on Highly Skilled.

Last edited:
image_2023_09_22T17_28_46_829Z.png

The new car select/purchase screen is certainly a win from me

"Car Pass begins on October 5th"

"Here's a line up, of our New to Motorsport cars"

I thought it was New to Forza cars we were getting - not, just Motorsport?

DISCLAIMER - SCREENSHOT IS FOR VISUAL PURPOSES ONLY!

Screenshot_20230922_192916_YouTube.jpg

The listing.

Hopefully it was just poorly worded in the Video.

SmartSelect_20230922_193336_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
So exclusive cars are back.....Great. Oh well, hopefully in a couple of years I try to get an Xbox Series X and the game itself. I'll have to look for a thread of exclusive cars in the future.
Basically, yes.

"Car Pass begins on October 5th"

"Here's a line up, of our New to Motorsport cars"

I thought it was New to Forza cars we were getting - not, just Motorsport?

View attachment 1289231
That car is New to Forza....

Good try though.

It's very concerning to me that we seemingly won't be able to win exclusive cars after their two week stay is over. This could've all been avoided if they just left each week open for the game's entire lifespan; so if you wanted a past exclusive you could simply return to the week's events that let you grab it.

This is what's kept me from playing FH5 recently, there's so many cars that I missed because I have a life and the only way to get them is from the auction house, or praying that they've put it into the playlist again (usually not the case). I definitely want to see this changed so that it's more open. I really like the idea of doing specific things to get a "special" car but frankly they shouldn't be time-gated.

xlarge_FM_Live_Program_Update01_Career_3840x2160_EN_1b1c63c9d3.webp

The spotlight cars are added to the autoshow, and are available to purchase at any time, and with a discount during each featured tour

The reward car, in this first case the Acura DPi, are winnable for playing through the featured tour. How the reward cars may be obtainable going forward once a featured tour is completed is TBA
I will be very surprised if the reward cars aren't exclusive. It's still a gaas game and they want you to have a reason to keep coming back regularly. You'll just have more time to complete the current series than in Horizon.

It's very concerning to me that we seemingly won't be able to win exclusive cars after their two week stay is over. This could've all been avoided if they just left each week open for the game's entire lifespan; so if you wanted a past exclusive you could simply return to the week's events that let you grab it.

This is what's kept me from playing FH5 recently, there's so many cars that I missed because I have a life and the only way to get them is from the auction house, or praying that they've put it into the playlist again (usually not the case). I definitely want to see this changed so that it's more open. I really like the idea of doing specific things to get a "special" car but frankly they shouldn't be time-gated.
Completely agree, it's not a fair system for people who can't dedicate a lot of time to the game thus missing out on exclusive cars. In FH5 there was a car I really wanted from a playlist, but I missed it and it went for 20 million credits in the auction house, credits I definitely didn't have. Never got the car and haven't seen it in the auction house in ages.

Last edited:

Come on, let's be real. None of us have a life if we are on here, on a Friday night. (and to be fair, it's about 30 minutes or 1 hour a week to get the car)

I agree with your qualms with FH5. I skim through the Forza Monthly and pick the one week with an interesting car, but then sometimes I think what's the point?

I'll grind it out, drive the car for 5 minutes, take a photo, and turn the game off.

Also it works against it too, if it's a car series I'm not all that interested in, the game gets unplayed.

Last edited:

Completely agree, it's not a fair system for people who can't dedicate a lot of time to the game thus missing out on exclusive cars. In FH5 there was a car I really wanted from a playlist, but I missed it and it went for 20 million credits in the auction house, credits I definitely didn't have. Never got the car and haven't seen it in the auction house in ages.
In FH5 each Playlist reappearance of an Exclusive car happens once or twice a year - or about the same as GT7's Legends Cars dealer :lol:

As an example, this week's Emory 356C (40pt) is a bigger gap than usual but not quite the biggest gap I've seen (which I think is the Aventador SVJ from last month and S2), last appearing 15 Series (about 14 months) ago as a 20pt seasonal reward.

I certainly understand your pain, I missed out on the 95 MR2, one of my favourite cars, and haven't seen it as a reward since (given Im not that active I may have missed it in the shop).

Might be a bit easier this time, as Chris said, you're not expected to win the races to get the rewards, plus looks like you'll have an additional 2 weeks to earn the car rewards if I was hearing that right.

I dont think the limo will be in this new forza motorsport.

Let’s hope it’s not. Along with bowling, lobbies that promote dirty racing (tag, virus etc). My comment was aimed more at T10 releasing pointless vehicles the same way PD has. FM7 had some of the worst car packs, to the point where a lot of people speculated that dirt racing would be introduced into the game.

Last edited:
I'll say it as kindly as I can: Speak for yourself. As for the Car Pass, we don't know what cars are gonna be in it, they may all well be new-to-Forza.
I'll say this as kindly as I can: no need to take everything literally, it's a joke... 😂

Anyone who says "they have a life" is easy bait.

Back