Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,644 comments
Yas Marina is confirmed for november, another track in december

1695330833428.png

“We certainly don’t want to split the community up, especially multiplayer,” says Esaki. “So all of the tracks right now for the foreseeable future, they’re all coming to the game for free. So that’s going to be enjoyed by everyone.”

Last edited:

View attachment 1289056

“We certainly don’t want to split the community up, especially multiplayer,” says Esaki. “So all of the tracks right now for the foreseeable future, they’re all coming to the game for free. So that’s going to be enjoyed by everyone.”
That's great but my god what a boring first track. So many better choices.

View attachment 1289056

I have the feeling it wont go over well with the community to release two (three or more) tracks to the game so close to launch... One thing i found interesting is that they state it wont be a "Game as a Service", but rather a finished package..

I have the feeling it wont go over well with the community to release two (three or more) tracks to the game so close to launch
The problem is that the base game has a very trimmed down track list. So they have to get up to speed by adding tracks quickly.
Public opinion is going to be heavily clouded by console warring and what not, so best establish a clear roadmap for the next 3 - 6 months and set expectations.

We might end up with this layout of Yas Marina:

1695332271736.png

Plus the track is gorgeous at night (rain/Time of Day will be very interesting here)

Don't think they made it. The preload file seems to be the final car list as-is on launch day. No Q60 Concept (justified because there is a production car). No E39. No base Huracan or the Aventador. That is sad.

At the very least they will return for free.
If they are adding them back in with updates I hope they won’t take too long, all of them except the e39 has widebodies in fh5 too. E92 actually has 2 now after a recent update, base huracan has widebody and stock body customization. Maybe they will transfer the widebodies to the higher trim versions, idk 🤷🏼‍♂️

What tracks of FM7 are not on FM yet?
Daytona i think they will put in Jan or Feb instead but could be
Maybe Sebring?

I have the feeling it wont go over well with the community to release two (three or more) tracks to the game so close to launch
People know that they were remaking the tracks and they would put back the non city tracks in the game one by one since they talked about nord
If people come to complain about this point after it was noticied to exhaustion, they are stupid
also, "why not delay" is not something i want to hear after 3 years waiting for the new game

We might end up with this layout of Yas Marina:
Likely the fact the track is not on first day is beacuse they updated the layout few years ago, during hiatus of FM7 and new FM

Last edited:

View attachment 1289056

Full article

Regarding Fujimi Kaido... I dunno, I kinda don't see the point in taking a route not designed for racing and widening it in an attempt to make it better for racing on. It would probably still not be very good as there is more to "good for racing" than just track width, and it would surely cause an outrage with all the time attack/drift/touge guys that want it as it was.

If it returns at all, I'd rather see it return as it was, as part of a themed thing where it launches with some hillclimb-style widebody kits for common hillclimb cars and some additional bodykits for popular touge cars and stuff. They could also include a new hopper that does 1v1 elimination racing or time attack style competition or something... But the problem there is then it becomes a "hey we need more hill climb/touge routes!" thing so it would end up feeling a bit like a half-baked idea that never gets fleshed out, which was a problem in past titles with drag racing and drifting.

Even then though I'd rather they just focus on circuit racing. Lots of people complained about FM7 lacking focus, let's just let FM8 focus on circuit racing.

I guess it does suck for people who want that kind of driving though, as the whole "leave Fujimi Kaido for Horizon" thing doesn't really seem like it's going to happen since PG seem afraid of putting technical, narrow roads in their games... probably because the 12 year olds in 1200hp swapped cars would ADHD-out when they are below 200mph for too long and have to turn too often.

Last edited:
Yas Marina already in November + another track in December? That's excellent news. More importantly, the tracks will seemlessly integrate into MP/SP which is amazing.

Another interesting quote from the article;

Long-time racing gamers are likely well aware of the often-limited shelf life of licensed racing games; indeed, 2017’s Forza Motorsport 7 hit so-called ‘End of Life’ status back in September 2021 after just four years on sale. The delisting of Forza Motorsport 7 had no impact on those who had purchased the game, but it did mean it could no longer be purchased new thanks to expiring licenses. Greenawalt confirms that Forza Motorsport’s future as a platform going forward has seen the team change the way it needs to think about licensing, “and that forced us to double down on having a very agile game.”

“A game that we can move things around, we can showcase or spotlight, and we can move things in and out,” he says.

Moving anything out, of course, is a thorny subject, but Greenawalt states Turn 10’s “ultimate goal is to not have that happen.”

“So working and changing our licensing agreements, and how we work with licensors so that we have the ability to update them over time and not have it be so binary,” he says. “So is that a promise? It can’t be, because there are over a thousand licenses in our game. But we’ve tried to shift towards language that makes this more than just licensing, but into a bit more of a partnership where they are part of this game and they want to continue to be part of it.”

“But it’s going to take continuous tending. We had a rhythm of doing licenses and releasing, and now it needs to be a constant garden. That we’re just tending all of these [licenses] over time and keeping them alive. We don’t want to lose anything! We’re gamers too. So we want to play all that, and we want all that stuff to just grow over time.”
Dan potentially hinting at content being removed down the line?

Last edited:

View attachment 1289056

Look I really like the news that they'll be free but like....what a bloody awful track to put dev time into. That's one of the ones I was hoping would never return.

Still, happy tracks are getting added so fast.

Last edited:
Yas Marina in November, where have I read that before?

I have a feeling we may not have to wait long for a decent chunk of those tracks as it would make sense to use them for the initial push of free content until the car pass runs out and several host major events during the initial push of the game.

October - CoTA would be day 1 DLC but fits nicely with the USGP (unofficially of course)
November - Yas Marina as a tie in with the F1 finale. (unofficially of course)
December - Not much going on anywhere but Brands Hatch is a great beginner course which seems to be what they are aiming for
January - Daytona as a tie in with the 24 Hour
February - Bathurst as a tie in with the 12 Hour
March - Sebring as a tie in with the 12 Hour
April - Nordschleife

Obviously this is just my extremely wild guess based on the fact they've said more than just the Nordschleife is coming, but just looking at the list it seems a little convenient what tracks didn't make the cut.

On a related note, whatever tracks do get added I hope are properly implemented into career mode. It would suck if they were relegated solely to free play and the off chance they pop up in online play.

It's a track that's easy to be fast on yet hard to perfect. Makes it so everyone can have an enjoyable time no matter what skill level they are.

Yas Marina already in November + another track in December? That's excellent news. More importantly, the tracks will seemlessly integrate into MP/SP which is amazing.

Yes, but in the sense that instead of delisting the entire game for expiring licenses, removing stuff that they can’t relicense instead. Makes sense, why get rid of the whole game if you can make the licensing more fluid.

Any bets for the unannounced December track?

Surely it has to be a returning track, considering how quickly it's coming back w/Yas a month before.

Updated list of missing FM7 tracks;

• Autodromo Nazionale Monza
  • Bernese Alps
  • Brands Hatch
  • Circuit of the Americas
  • Daytona International Speedway
  • Dubai Circuit
  • Hockenheimring
  • Long Beach
  • Mount Panorama Circuit
  • Prague
  • Rio de Janeiro
  • Road Atlanta
  • Sebring International Raceway
  • Sonoma Raceway
  • Test Track Airfield (highly unlikely IMO)
  • Top Gear Test Track (highly unlikely IMO)

I know most people here would gravitate to another real-world track returning, but could we see a fantasy track possibly return?

Could also be tied in with bringing back some of people's most wanted cars from prior Forza's.

Like you could have some cool 360-era FM4 cars returning with the Bernese Alps. Or some missing FM7 cars with Dubai?

I know, I know I'm getting ahead of myself but two tracks coming so quickly to the game post launch has got me hyped!

They said that FM focus is mostly for this generation, in some interviews from June to now, they constantly reinforced the idea that this game would endure for generation, and Chris said that a new game when next gen comes is not out of question

I do think that they want follow the FH4/FH5 way of game enduring as much possible, and replacing it only when a new game is already come out, but even that the old game would endure a lot

Horizon 4 is making 5 years this year and will likely get into its 6 years, that is almost the age that Xbox wants with this generation (8 years)

Last edited:
I can already see T10 adding all kinds of tracks be them updated/returns and others new to FM, especially since every track will have the same quality and functions like day/night cycle and weather. This is so exciting with how fast T10 could add new tracks! Will definitely keep the game fresh with new cars and features added alongside those tracks. :)

Is this a sim or arcade game ? Or a mixture of both ?i have never played FM, just FH and it was too cheesy for my liking
You can make the game more sim or arcade depending on how you want to drive.

You can run without assists, full damage, heavy race regulations (and fines), and without any guidance (such as racing lines or digital corner performance tracking.) You can even choose your place in the starting grid and set it as if you're qualifying.

Or

You can run with auto-braking, auto-steering, basically no fines, and with heavy guidance. To the point where a blind man has actually successfully raced with the game already.

I completely understand what you mean about FH but this is looking to be much more serious and not anywhere as edgy as FH, thank god.

I wouldn't look at it as an iRacing level simulator, you aren't going to get true to life motorsport regulations. However, I think it will offer a great balance of fun racing and a really good simulation driving model.

Last edited:
I have the feeling it wont go over well with the community to release two (three or more) tracks to the game so close to launch...
I was dreading the return of Tilke but I'm hoping Yas Marina will be more enjoyable to drive with the extra grip and am glad a new track is being announced so quickly.

It sounds like nonsense to me to complain that it should have been in the game at launch as reworking the tracks takes time. Waiting until Yas was ready would've delayed the release still further even if it was only by a couple of months, and who really wants that?

Last edited:
My track guesses...
January - Daytona (For the 24)
February - Mt Panorama (Bathurst 12 Hr)
March - Sebring (12 Hr)
April - Long Beach (IMSA/IndyCar Double)
I would assume that one of the spots in Spring will be Nordeschleife; unless they release two in the same month.

This is the full quote from the article sidebar. They won't take stuff out unless they're forced to (and hopefully their track licenses at least are set up for the duration of the game).
IGN
“A game that we can move things around, we can showcase or spotlight, and we can move things in and out,” he says.

Moving anything out, of course, is a thorny subject, but Greenawalt states Turn 10’s “ultimate goal is to not have that happen.”

“So working and changing our licensing agreements, and how we work with licensors so that we have the ability to update them over time and not have it be so binary,” he says. “So is that a promise? It can’t be, because there are over a thousand licenses in our game. But we’ve tried to shift towards language that makes this more than just licensing, but into a bit more of a partnership where they are part of this game and they want to continue to be part of it.”

“But it’s going to take continuous tending. We had a rhythm of doing licenses and releasing, and now it needs to be a constant garden. That we’re just tending all of these [licenses] over time and keeping them alive. We don’t want to lose anything! We’re gamers too. So we want to play all that, and we want all that stuff to just grow over time.”

Last edited:

If they really plan to keep this game going to at least 2028 and beyond (Next Xbox gen) then they have to be open to remove content due to licensing issues.

Back