Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,189 comments
If they really plan to keep this game going to at least 2028 and beyond (Next Xbox gen) then they have to be open to remove content due to licensing issues.
They said that would be open to make a new game in Next Gen if needed (spoiler: they will beacuse of graphics battle vs GT like they always do)

Also, FH4 is around 5 years old and could be well into 6th year of sale thanks to it being in Game Pass Core (GamePass core will update only once or two a year from what i had heared by the way)

Xbox leaked documents and court hearings said that its following gen would come circa 2028, it is in 5 years, so, if logic persists, they wouldnt have any licencing issues until there

Last edited:
I have the feeling it wont go over well with the community to release two (three or more) tracks to the game so close to launch...
The game's a hefty 130 GB as it is. I wouldn't be surprised if they have three or four tracks ready to go that they've removed from the day one release just to avoid people still being stuck preloading the game come October 5... :lol:

They said that would be open to make a new game in Next Gen if needed (spoiler: they will beacuse of graphics battle vs GT like they always do)

Also, FH4 is around 5 years old and could be well into 6th year of sale thanks to it being in Game Pass Core (GamePass core will update only once or two a year from what i had heared by the way)

Xbox leaked documents and court hearings said that its following gen would come circa 2028, it is in 5 years, so, if logic persists, they wouldnt have any licencing issues until there
Even if the licenses may last somewhat longer, you still have to remember that they have a finite lifespan. For reference, the first Project CARS remained on sale for seven years.

Even if the licenses may last somewhat longer, you still have to remember that they have a finite lifespan.
I am not saying that the game will live forever, what i am saying that they will focus in a new game by then instead of continue updating FM, beacuse the higher ups will want all studios make graphical showcases to promote the Next Gen as always they do

For reference, the first Project CARS remained on sale for seven years.
It only makes my point more solid, FM will endure years and once next gen comes, they will make a new game like they always do

Last edited:
I have the feeling it wont go over well with the community to release two (three or more) tracks to the game so close to launch... One thing i found interesting is that they state it wont be a "Game as a Service", but rather a finished package..
Except they're going to be free, so what exactly is there for the community to get upset over? In addition to Digital Foundry already explaining the reason why T10 has had to cut & redo the tracks.

Except they're going to be free, so what exactly is there for the community to get upset over? In addition to Digital Foundry already explaining the reason why T10 has had to cut & redo the tracks.
Trust me, they will find a reason if with the free tracks.

I have the feeling it wont go over well with the community to release two (three or more) tracks to the game so close to launch... One thing i found interesting is that they state it wont be a "Game as a Service", but rather a finished package.

It's speculation, but they can probably say that more honestly because the service is Game Pass, leaving more room for FM to be a game. Forza Motorsport doesn't have to do the majority of its own monetization to be viable because it's owned by the same people that run the gaming subscription service it's gonna be heavily promoted on.

With that said, Forza releasing plenty of extra content so close to launch is fairly normal. It's standard fare here on the Horizon side of the fence, and given the relatively lean selection of tracks and inevitable missing cars, they're gonna need to. The crux is they said Yas Marina will be free, and one can only hope all subsequent tracks will be free as well, reinforced by previous statements that they don't want to divide the community.

Now of course there's the possibility they're lying/not quite saying the full truth... if you've been like me recently and you've been trying to play Payday 3, you probably have the words "The servers won't go down" stuck in your mind while being unable to play... because the online-only game's servers have been down most of last night. As usual, take it with a grain of salt...

Last edited:
So are they gonna do car packs too or just the Car Pass 30 cars thing? (Besides the pre-order packs of course)

Last edited:
So are they gonna do car packs too or just the Car Pass 30 cars thing? (Besides the pre-order packs of course)
They are trying extra paid car packs on FH5, well over a year after the car pass finished and after both expansions were released.

No clue how many people buy them (I did, but then I am a total completionist for the FH5 garage). The cars in the packs have been excellent so far, so maybe this will trigger them to do the same in a few years on FM2023?

I would bet for longevity purposes there will be more car packs or an additional car pass in Motorsport as well.

Last edited:
As long as the take their own advice and keep tracks free, that's all good, just keep the player base un-segmented, well unless the cars in the pass are meta of course, but that's another story
Experience in previous Forzas is that there will always be meta cars from the base game even if new ones arrive via DLC. I wouldn't worry that much.

I hope the rule sets will have explanation about what brings a penalty or not. I'm a singleplayer guy who likes to take it easy but I also like to challenge myself a bit sometimes. I don't play online. Edit: Is the lowest ruleset like classic Forza games?

Last edited:
As long as the take their own advice and keep tracks free, that's all good, just keep the player base un-segmented, well unless the cars in the pass are meta of course, but that's another story
I would bet for longevity purposes there will be more car packs or an additional car pass in Motorsport as well.
Also as long as the car pass packs consist of strictly new to the series vehicles, and don't contain cars from any past games, including FH5.

What Microsoft does really well with their 1st party games is cross-platform saved games. I really love that I can take my Forza save and move effortlessly between the Xbox and PC, depending on which one is handy.
I thought this as well, until my FM7 cloud save got corrupt and the only solution their support team could give me was to start a new save from scratch....:mad:

I wish we could get real garages in FM and FH games. I would love to be able to display some of my cars. I seem to remember some game back in the 360 or Xbox OG era where you could puts cars in a garage. I think maybe Project Gotham Racing?
Me too. PGR series and TDU both had several different garages where you could select or collect cars.

A few examples of garages from both games in the early stages.

XUEkpDI.png

4F2mhww.png

Are the spotlight cars being added to the base game or are they already there and simply being sold cheaper so you can use them?

If they are being added, then you basically only have 3 weeks to win them (last week of the month when the final challenge opens, then 2 weeks after that). This is confusing me....

Man this looks so good

My concern with this is late adopters miss out on early rewards. You have 2 weeks until the end of the tour to complete them and get the cars. What happens after that?

Will players that play the game after the first tour ends miss out? This seems to go against what they said in the beginning about the events being added permanently to the builder's cup.

Are the spotlight cars being added to the base game or are they already there and simply being sold cheaper so you can use them?

If they are being added, then you basically only have 3 weeks to win them (last week of the month when the final challenge opens, then 2 weeks after that). This is confusing me....
spotlight cars are in the base game just offered at a discount.

Nissan R391 was last featured in the 24 hours of Lemans game.

T10 has won me over back. While T10 gives fans the Nissan R391 we get a stupid ambulance in GT7. Talk about the differences in priorities.

By this rate T10 could give us the Audi R8C and the Audi R8R. I also hope the Panoz LMP1 returns.

xlarge_FM_Live_Program_Update01_Career_3840x2160_EN_1b1c63c9d3.webp

The spotlight cars are added to the autoshow, and are available to purchase at any time, and with a discount during each featured tour

The reward car, in this first case the Acura DPi, are winnable for playing through the featured tour. How the reward cars may be obtainable going forward once a featured tour is completed is TBA

Latest Posts

Back