Forza Rewards Launching At Some Point For Some Reason

• Thread starter Kake Bake
  • 81 comments
I hate rewards programs as they never seem to last long. I see this as being rather troublesome as I would imagine this being a primary way of getting unicorns.

I also see no point in giving away tokens, unless we are able to buy unicorns with them.(Not sure if/how they are used in Horizon as I don't have it).

I hate rewards programs as they never seem to last long. I see this as being rather troublesome as I would imagine this being a primary way of getting unicorns.

I also see no point in giving away tokens, unless we are able to buy unicorns with them.(Not sure if/how they are used in Horizon as I don't have it).

I doubt T10 would get rid of the photomode and livery contests, they are a big part of the community.

Tokens are the same as they were in FM4; useless as you needed to many for cars that are worth it.

Hmm... it looks like this generation is going to require you to be online a lot to enjoy all the goodies devs have to offer. Well..

Crap!

And when was this time that you didn't have to. The 90's?

Last edited:
I, for one, am in favor of expanding the gaming experience away from the console and onto my other electronic devices, and I see this as one way to do this.

You see, I don't have a lot of time (about an hour per day max) to actually sit down with a controller and play. I have more time, however, to look at extra content online and daydream about how I'm going to spend that hour. The Halo 4 Stats and Spartan Hub pages are nice examples of how such online content can be successful and engaging.

I'm for it. It sounds like the entire process is automated, so it doesn't really get in your way of playing the game. It's just a different way of cataloging all you've done in the Forza world and getting rewarded for it.

Edit: I see they just updated their site, but it doesn't play well with Chrome...

Just logged in today and it is available to all now. I guess depending on your tier, you get rewarded every month. Cool.

Just logged in today and it is available to all now. I guess depending on your tier, you get rewarded every month. Cool.

Really? I tried it a few minutes ago and all it could muster for me was that orange and black pinwheel. I guess I'll give it another shot.

It needs some time to load, then it should be fine. It's essentially just a unique version of trophies or achievements, but catered towards Forza titles (obviously).

I want to be cynical about how heavily the scoring relies on paid things (DLC and tokens), but even overlooking those, it should be pretty easy for people to get at least to Tier 3, provided they've been playing the series for a while. At Tier 4, you get 120,000 credits in both FM4 and Horizon, the Mine's R34 in the former, and the Dino in the latter. Which is neat. The next tier is a few million credits in both and some tokens for FM4.

I wonder what sort of rewards were in the lower tiers - and I also wonder if those who are already at tier five missed out on the unicorns I just redeemed, or get them in addition to the T5 stuff. It looks like there's new ones at the beginning of every month, and obviously the point ceiling will rise with FM5. Interesting...

(EDIT): I imagine this will be what provides loyalty gifts for the players who've put in the time in previous games, when they load up FM5. What sort of goodies might it provide... and how long before support of the older games ends?

Last edited:
It needs some time to load, then it should be fine. It's essentially just a unique version of trophies or achievements, but catered towards Forza titles (obviously).

I want to be cynical about how heavily the scoring relies on paid things (DLC and tokens), but even overlooking those, it should be pretty easy for people to get at least to Tier 3, provided they've been playing the series for a while. At Tier 4, you get 120,000 credits in both FM4 and Horizon, the Mine's R34 in the former, and the Dino in the latter. Which is neat. The next tier is a few million credits in both and some tokens for FM4.

I wonder what sort of rewards were in the lower tiers - and I also wonder if those who are already at tier five missed out on the unicorns I just redeemed, or get them in addition to the T5 stuff. It looks like there's new ones at the beginning of every month, and obviously the point ceiling will rise with FM5. Interesting...

(EDIT): I imagine this will be what provides loyalty gifts for the players who've put in the time in previous games, when they load up FM5. What sort of goodies might it provide... and how long before support of the older games ends?

Edit: Never mind, the problem was Chrome. It loads fine for me in Safari.

Last edited:
Do you need Live Gold or something? I've been sitting here for maybe 10 minutes waiting for this bloated nuisance to load. Should it take longer?

I haven't got Gold and it loaded up really fast for me.

Also, I only have FM4, and I'm still Tier 3 with a bit of money and a Mine's Skyline. I think it's a cute way to tie together the experience over all the Forza games. For people that have been playing FM2/3/Horizon, it's a nice little thanks for your loyalty.

Rewards says I've been driving since 2008; currently at tier 4, halfway to 5.

If you cash out your rewards, do the points reset or what? I assume I'd need Gold for this at least, right?

The points don't reset, so far as I can tell; they'll be there every month, and one should therefore assume the prizes will be what's reloaded each time. At least, it'd be silly if they did reset, since you'd have to essentially complete the games again each month to get anywhere.

No idea if gold is required.

As a handy aside, it did encourage me to just load up FM3 and FH to get a few easy points, and collect rewards in the latter. Turns out I had amassed 75,000 in the storefront too, so that helped buy me a car to get the last achievement I really needed for rewards purposes :lol:.

Your points will continue building up. You do, however, have the choice to hold out for different rewards (the current ones expire in 11 days) for your respective Tier. Once you redeem your Tier specific reward, you will need to "level up" to be eligible for the next set of rewards.

That's not what T10's Facebook suggests, so far as I can tell. Can't quote it now since I'm at work, but it appears your reward level applies to each new month. Which makes a lot more sense, really :)

I can't really picture them requiring you to get to a new level every month to get rewarded. That would mean most people would collect stuff... what? 4 or 5 times at most, if they started from scratch? Awful lot of effort to put into the system if they were going to screw it up that bad.

I hope Tornado is right, because the only way I can collect any more points on Horizon is by purchasing tokens.

I think it's a tad ridiculous that after 10 months I'll finally be able to unlock the Ferrari I wanted since day one -- as a reward for playing the game, rather than voting on Facebook or spending weeks entering online contests for random-chance shots at random unicorns -- and to even get it I'll still have to resubscribe to Gold in order to download the code to unlock the data that's already on my disc. Brilliant.

I'm going to feel like a chump, collecting my long-awaited Dino, but I was already planning to resubscribe for online play soon. Luckily.

HELLAFLUSH240SX
I started Lvl 4. I thought I would be higher considering I have 20+ days on F4 :(

I'm also mid-way through tier 4, behind a friend even though I have more cars, played more hours, and am a higher level in FM4 because he bought most or all DLC and I bought very little. Basically the only way I can rank up is to buy a bunch of DLC, and really doing that still never got my friend quite to tier 5.

Level 4 gave you the Mines R34 in FM4.

I'm 1400-something in Horizon (missing days played, perfect passes, and one DLC), 1700 in FM4 (tokens), and 600-so in FM3. Oh, and 50 for FM2.

You can hit level 5 without having to buy tokens, but yeah, the DLC makes it required. FM3 only needs one though, and I was gifted all my Horizon ones.

According to a message on FM.net, there's a backup in the delivery of gift cars right now, but I got my credits.

After checking out my message box in FM4, I tried some laps for the first time in ages. Holy moly, I forgot how uselessly stubborn the cars are on corner entry. Apart from stomping the throttle in a RWD, trying to rotate into the apex is like trying to lead a cow down a flight of stairs. :boggled:

According to a message on FM.net, there's a backup in the delivery of gift cars right now, but I got my credits.

After checking out my message box in FM4, I tried some laps for the first time in ages. Holy moly, I forgot how uselessly stubborn the cars are on corner entry. Apart from stomping the throttle in a RWD, trying to rotate into the apex is like trying to lead a cow down a flight of stairs. :boggled:

Ha, that's Forza for ya. Which car did you drive?

An S700 WRX STI (GD), which isn't the most nimble car in the game, I admit, but I already know the simulation has its flaws. It only bugs me because everyone plays FM4 instead of Horizon and it's difficult for me to go back. Like, I can take responsibility for getting used to the longer (more realistic) braking distances, I do that between games all the time, but the pseudo-paralysis in corner entry really clashes with my driving technique. :indiff:

On a positive note, I completed a suite of tunes for my shiny new Ferrari Dino in Horizon and it's already one of my favorite MRs to drive. It was a long wait, but to T10/PG's credit, the former unattainability does make it feel more special.

An S700 WRX STI (GD), which isn't the most nimble car in the game, I admit, but I already know the simulation has its flaws. It only bugs me because everyone plays FM4 instead of Horizon and it's difficult for me to go back. Like, I can take responsibility for getting used to the longer (more realistic) braking distances, I do that between games all the time, but the pseudo-paralysis in corner entry really clashes with my driving technique. :indiff:

On a positive note, I completed a suite of tunes for my shiny new Ferrari Dino in Horizon and it's already one of my favorite MRs to drive. It was a long wait, but to T10/PG's credit, the former unattainability does make it feel more special.

Well, at least T10 has been talking about the fact that its partnership with Calspan has gotten it new tire data regarding slip angle specifically and extreme conditions in general.

Although for me, the problem is as much with the steering as a mechanism in Forza titles as the tire model. It just never feels like my input is effecting the steering as directly as it does in GT.

Back