Forza Street Officially Announced: Free-To-Play Win10 and Mobile Title

Disappointed to see this is nothing more than a reskin of Miami Street. Graphics wise, the game actually looks very good - With an actual driving model, this could have been a worthy competitor to Need For Speed: No Limits or Asphalt 9, the latter also being available on the Windows Store.

For the time being, this looks like a hard pass.

So it’s pretty much CSR Racing with “turning”. Not hating but it looks kinda meh. And it’s not because I stan Gran Turismo. If this was a GT version, I wouldn’t pay much attention to it tbh. But I’m still going to give it a try, once it comes to iOS though...

So, not worth even thinking about the plausibility of a Switch port. Got it. I imagine grafting actual controls onto this would turn out about like Gear.Club Unlimited.

Carry on, then, Microsoft...

"But it does offer one of the franchise’s strengths — a large and diverse car list — in a different part of the market."

The "franchise's strengths" of a "large and diverse car list" isn't enough. Forza is also known for its accessibility of the game's cars. Hop onto any of the Forza Motorsport games and expect to be able to drive most of the game's hundreds of cars without any major time investment.

That "large and diverse car list" will mean little to a mobile phone game that will likely lock its cars behind paywalls or insane grinding.

A wise play by Microsoft, Microsoft Studios and Turn 10 Studios to further meet their audience where they are, and on all the devices at their disposal. Not the first we're seeing of this effort from the Xbox front.

There will be criticism of the gameplay, but Forza's first foray into this space opens the door to the future, plants a stake in the ground and introduces/keeps users engaged with the brand. Without a doubt, every minute spent and every action taken will be data points used to drive expansion for Forza gaming on the go.

Uh... is it 2005 again? That NFS Underground vibe has gotten old a long time ago. Besides that, we finally (?) have the ultimate Forza for casuals.

The gameplay is just like Race Kings. Tap on the right spot when entering a turn, tap again when exiting a turn.

Once it hits iOS, I'll download it, give it a try.

That's my take too. Though I imagine it won't hold my interest long: RR3 at least has some semblance of control, so I'd rather play that. It's annoying wait times mean I don't really bother with it either though.

"But it does offer one of the franchise’s strengths — a large and diverse car list — in a different part of the market."

The "franchise's strengths" of a "large and diverse car list" isn't enough. Forza is also known for its accessibility of the game's cars. Hop onto any of the Forza Motorsport games and expect to be able to drive most of the game's hundreds of cars without any major time investment.

That "large and diverse car list" will mean little to a mobile phone game that will likely lock its cars behind paywalls or insane grinding.

Good point, hadn't thought about that. It has a clear progression system a la Horizon, but I do wonder how long it really takes to gain access to certain cars...

Uh... is it 2005 again? That NFS Underground vibe has gotten old a long time ago. Besides that, we finally (?) have the ultimate Forza for casuals.

It is 2005 again... for the people that were born in 2005. :P

This is very much not a game targeted at sim racers, even more so than Horizon. It's about name recognition: getting the Forza franchise in front of the eyeballs of mobile gamers and I imagine hopefully getting them interested in the main offerings.

The question of course is whether that outweighs the negative response from the portion of the existing fanbase that frowns at this sort of thing.

The question of course is whether that outweighs the negative response from the portion of the existing fanbase that frowns at this sort of thing.
That's the thing, though. If the hardcore sims players don't like, they don't have to play it. They've still got Motorsport. If you're not nearly as hardcore but still like to do your own driving, there's still Horizon. But that's not the way of fandom. Find a thing to complain about and NEVER STOP.

That looks and sounds awful. What is the point in a racing title where you don't steer your own car?
To be honest, I'm actually kinda glad we won't have to steer our cars. I tried playing Asphalt 8 one time and couldn't get used to the steering controls, to me it was just too tight and unpredictable.

After playing that wierd looking Ridge Racer game on the phone where you tap and drift, I'm kinda okay with the choice of tapping and breaking in corners with this one. That's just me though. Just want a game to have a fun time.

After playing that wierd looking Ridge Racer game on the phone where you tap and drift, I'm kinda okay with the choice of tapping and breaking in corners with this one. That's just me though. Just want a game to have a fun time.
This is what I'm thinking. It's just something to have fun with when I'm away from the XBox. It's another way to have fun with cars when all I have available to me is my iPad.

Surprised this reveal gets a rather warm reception here. Dont get me wrong, there is more then enough negativity on the net and its never a bad thing to look at all things from a brighter side. But i can feel how hard this is going to tank and how everybody will go nuts about microtransactions in this game. And they will be shameless for sure. At the end of the day, this is pretty much the only Forza we will get in 2019, which makes me sad.

At the end of the day, this is pretty much the only Forza we will get in 2019, which makes me sad.
You're right, this is likely to be the only Forza we get this year. And to be honest, I don't see myself playing this much, especially if it is filled with microtransactions. But I am actually happy they are taking a year off for the next Motorsports and Horizon, to give them time to regroup, rethink and reprioritize so the next releases of both won't feel either rushed or same-old-same-old.

This is what I'm thinking. It's just something to have fun with when I'm away from the XBox. It's another way to have fun with cars when all I have available to me is my iPad.
Exactly, which is what makes me excited about this game. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind manual steering as well. But imo, on the phone anyway, I much prefer the tapping and go method when playing racing games, like CSR2 example. Glad we will be doing the same here as well but breaking and turning. :)

I'm guessing this means Miami Street was a complete dud and they're hoping the Forza name has enough value to recoup their losses?

At the end of the day, this is pretty much the only Forza we will get in 2019, which makes me sad.

lol for ****'s sake.

- FH4 still has at least one expansion in the pipe within the next two months, and is being actively supported by PG

- FM7 is still being supported, albeit with a skeleton crew.

Yeah, definitely sucks that we aren't getting any new Forza games. Wouldn't you guys complain about the series being overstretched if they announced a new actual Forza title?

I like to call this "A room full of PC gamers doesn't understand that mobile devices are the largest gaming platform in the world."
And also the most fragmented and difficult to develop for, thanks to the immense myriad of device specifications and OS versions. Which is why I can understand why it's getting more common to just rebrand an existing game instead of trying to make one from scratch, because unless you're aiming for potato spec devices, it's nearly impossible to get a high level of compatibility without spending several months of testing.

Back