Forza will whoop GT4's a$$ escpecially online........

  • Thread starter Thread starter JaNsTa00001
  • 146 comments
  • 6,244 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
JohnBM01
This may get me rants from people (namely Code_Kev, or others else who secretly dislike me), but on a different tone, if you think Forza is going to be a better game in many respects over Gran Turismo 4, then go play that and leave us GT fans alone. I often grow tired of people who talk about GT not being "(insert title here)." I mean, I don't talk about Gran Turismo 4 being more like Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, so why do gamers like saying that some aspect of GT4 isn't going to be the measuring stick for how racing games are developed. When I got into Gran Turismo 4, I loved it because I know that asa GT fan, not every game is perfect. Not even the latest one will satisfy all the different aspects. If I find a better game, I'll play that instead. Same thing happened when I picked up Vice City and pretty much stopped playing "True Crime: Streets of LA." It doesn't mean I hate a game I left behind, but it means that I found a better overall game than something else I liked. You honestly cannot tell me that there is one game that beats others unless a competiting title has certain better features over another. With my Vice City example, True Crime had better fighting. It doesn't mean I'll play VC for things except fighting, it just means that I found something better if not seriously better.

So what does this mean for GT4 and its fans? If you love GT4, support it. Share your enthusiasm and respect with those you know and those close to you. If you don't like GT4, then I hope Enthusia and Forza (both are kind of dull titles if you ask me), satisfies your every desire for what a racing game should be. There will be other games, but I love GT4, and I'm going to play it until I end up dead in the hospital from having so much fun. So it's somewhat dull we're talking about a rival game's features to singlehandedly attempt to bring down a much-anticipated title.

So it's your choice. GT4 or no GT4. It's that simple. Make the choice and stick to your word. Meanwhile, I'm willing to accept all hate replies (if any). I'm done here. Next reply?

That's exactly right. 👍
 
Did Zero just OWN3D Cobra_UK just now? (j/k) :lol:

Game-ology 101. More polygons: slower game. You can't expect games to be perfect. Every game has their shortcomings. Sometimes you'll have to resort to throwing in stuff like "cardboard people" to keep the game flowing fast. You want full 3D people? Make your own racing game. Like I say, people have to choose. You want GT4 or you don't? This is the middle of August and as soon as you know it, it's November. What you going to do, huh? You going to look forward to GT4 or wish FM or EPR will take over GT4? And talk about ME getting in hot water when I talked about why I dislike the XBOX, some of these points made about why FM will kick GT4's ass are almost as lame. Clarification:

(1) As I've said, online play doesn't mean anything to me. I like multiplay, I just don't do it. Play GT4 for the gaming experience. Don't just play the game online and disregard the single-player element. Hey, it is a game, you know. It has to be good offline first, THEN try multiplay.
(2) Live with it. "Pro Race Driver" on PS2 has dreadful loading times, did I complain? No. What the PS2 may lack in power and performance, it makes up for with wonderful frame rate. GT3 played at damn near 60 FPS! Sometimes, it isn't about power and performance. It's just how you execute.
(3) Well, GT4 possibly won't feature flags, so to compensate, you mess up, you slow down. This was mostly designed so that rough driving doesn't get tolerated. Well, think about it as a black flag penalty for you if you screw up. No flags, but that's okay.
(4) Let me tell you something about graphics, okay? I admitted that Project Gotham Racing 2 had lovely city detail. I'll admit that "RallySport Challenge 2" had lovely scenery and nice environments. But I am getting so G** damned sick of people b*tching about what graphic qualities GT4 may lack. I'd still play GT4 even if the graphics look like Pole Position. I couldn't care less. Maybe the graphics will look like old-school Wolfenstein. DON'T GET ME STARTED on graphics. PD put in 2, 3, 4 years into this game, and if you don't like what PD is putting into GT4 after all this time, just fire up your XBOX and play PGR2 instead. If I loved PGR2 more than GT4, I'd be a forum member of "PlanetPGR" or something. When I became a forum member of GTPlanet on December 5, 2003, I loved Gran Turismo and if people said otherwise, I held true to my points. So in other words, I could care less if they disliked what I disliked. People aren't born to kiss others asses or bandwagon like there's no tomorrow. I am an independent individual and I know what I like in life. I like Gran Turismo, so I am a GT fan. Why would I betray because some other game exclusive to some other systemis a better game than GT? I played all three Gran Turismos and I seen the series evolve from a arcadish-style game to almost pure sim. And I am looking forward to GT4 no matter what any third-party dare say.

I'm sorry I had to preach and get mad, but I'm sick and tired of seeing bad apples try to spoil the bunch of people who love and prefer other games. When GT starts to really suck, THEN I'll look into alternatives. Until then, GT till death do me part. I'm not a GTPlanet member just to look pretty. I love Gran Turismo and love to share my love with others. I've done my part, and some people just don't give a damn I guess. Why bother with some people? I don't know. I may never know.
 
Isn't this forum supposed to be about GT. Who cares about Forza! If it is good it will build up a following like the GT series, with many GT4 owners also buying Forza. Until then it is just another wannabe GT clone with a few tweaks!

I doubt Sony are losing sleep about Forza, just as they didn't about the 'GT beater' PGR.

The only game that I am looking forward to as much as GT4 is Enthusia. It is a GT clone as well of course. It just has a look that appeals to me like the original GT did all those years ago. It may turn out to be crap of course, who knows. :)

One more rant, who gives a flying **** about 2D crowds, brake lights etc. Certainly not me. All of these 'problems' and more will be solved with the next gen hardware which are little more than 2 years away.
 
Cobra_UK
1. most important, for me, online play
2. the PS2's lack of hard drive mean longer loading times, less user saved data storage, less game performance
3. I would have liked an option with maybe yellow and black flags for accident offending drivers but the 50Km/h sounds a bit stupid to me
4. 2nd most imortant for me, "GTP forums say people in GT4 are 3D" NOT ALL! there are still stupid cardboard people in it, after seing over 10 videos and 100 screenshots I managed to spot them and I must say it really upset me, **** sake! I mean you make a game as amasing and realistic as GT4 and 3D people and just for measure you ruin it all by sticking some cardboard people in it also. Up until I seen that I was still tempted to stay with the PS2 but not anymore. I hate cardboard people in driving games and for 5 ******* years I've waited for the next GT only to see the main thing that put me off GT3 return.
1 we don't know what either game will be like to play online yet.
2 GT4 WILL support the PS2's HDD.
3 I agree on that, I#d prefer a more real system than a speed limit.
4 What does it matter, the crowds close to the track will be mainley 3d, also you mentioned it will be bad in photomode, look at it this way, photomode is an extra, having photmode with 2d people in the background is still an extra.
 
"Isn't this forum supposed to be about GT. Who cares about Forza! "

me, because I like racing games regardless of name/ console/ dev.

"One more rant, who gives a flying **** about 2D crowds, brake lights etc."

me, crowds don't matter, but details like lights etc are expected in 2004. In 1996 you may have gotten away with it, not now.
 
3D crowds on a 5 year old machine are not nessecary.
 
Why is it that only the flame war style posts grow at exponential proportions.
 
THe person who made the thread obvioulsy wanted to start a flamewar and all the dumbies just took the bait. :dunce:
 
I just noticed that the last Forza thread created in the Xbox Forum was in May. Why do all of the Forza vs GT4 discussion come here? And why is there a new Forza topic every week? :rolleyes:
 
Well, get this guys...

LET'S WAIT TILL THE GAMES ARE OUT and you've played BOTH!

Then we can compare them. OK??
 
lol, this is funny !

FLAMEWAR, FLAMEWAR, FLAMEWAR!!! :dopey:
 
tards :dunce:
 
JonBM01 who the **** said u should switch to Forza. Ur the one who should kiss my A$$ becuz noone cares if u like GT4 or not. If u do then good, praise it, enjoy it n brag about it. heck u can even **** it. But u can't tell us to play single player mode if we wanna play multiplayer. I'm neutral in this thing coz compettition will give me the best game. So may the best game win................

and to Zero how can we compare Forza and GT4 if we post this kind of stuffs in a deifferent forum.
 
This thread should be locked, why havent the mods locked it? We already have a gt4 vs forza thread here. forza will be a good game, it is bringing things to the table gt4 isn't and that's good, we all dont want the same game but forza hasn't proved anything for me. Gt4 has. I'm confident in gt4 being more realistic in driving physics than any racer this gen, yes that includes GTR but we aren't talking about GTR. Gt4 really will be the driving simulator for the GT series. All that's left are the racing elements which the gt series lacks, like brake fading and what not.

Forza should be a good game on its own merits. Things like oil forever on the track is cool and paint on the walls is pretty cool but it wouldn't make the game better for me. I'm all about the driving, gameplay and graphics. Froza's graphics aren't what I would call amazing. It lacks the photorealistic look like gt4, even gamefreed(sp) said that. Gt4's gameplay will ofcourse appeal to me alot more than forza's. I want a bunch of cars!!! And ass load of tracks, yes, yes YES, I want it all, bwaahhahahahahh, *sanity back* And dont forget the wheel gt4 has, that makes the simulation even more lovely. Having a FFB wheel gives gt4 a large upper hand in being a sim. I dont know which game will be deeper in engine tuning because not much has been said about the tuner's village in gt4 but I'm sure forza will have the upper hand in changing the look of your car. But gt4 will have mods for your car's look aswell. It wont be as freely as forza's but hey, atleast you can turn a POS car to a racer. Modified Fiat Pardon anyone :D If gt4 doesnt get ferrari and porsche, I'll more than likely envy forza but we'll have to wait to see if those 2 car makers will be in but you never know. Rolling in a enzo down the Nurb in gt4 would be the read deal. I'd love to see a enzo rendered on the gt4 engine, OMG :eek: It would look so real and imagine it in photomode, whoa but we can only hope and wait, pfff!!!! Overall, forza will be good but gt4 will be better. Gt4 doesnt need to prove itself. Just having the name......."gran turismo" is enough said. The GT series has changed the way car nutts look at games, that's something and that's why the GT series gets so much damn respect from the auto world.
 
Cobra, I hate to say it man, but everything you said is based on assumptions. Just wait and see eh, imo its brilliant, the fact that these 2 games are rivals should mean both games will strive to be better :D. It's win win. ATM I dunno which will be better, Gt4 has more cars, but forza promises stuff like damage, better car customisation, more advanced physics and better sound, but GT is GT, and it looks quite abit more realistic and we know how good PD are. Meh, as I said, if forza is better, good on them, if not, I'll have Gt4 which is a dead cert to be fantastic.

Just remember, the under dog some times wins, you as a PS fan should know! Think back to 1994/5...


Cobra, please drop the more realistic then GTR thing too, GT4 is not a full sim, it's a sim with slightly dumbed down handling. Not that it matters, I prefer the pick up and play element to GT games.
 
I think we all should be happy that games of such caliber are coming out for us to enjoy!
 
Code, you a communist? OMG, I can't talk to you anymore!!!!!1111111 No game this gen is a full sim. We'll just have to wait and see ;)
 
Listen to the retard at IGN: " Don't think of Forza as GT for the Xbox. Instead, think of it as GT meets Need for Speed Underground with a dash of Pokemon thrown in for good measure."

I want both games. And i will own both games. If you own a ps2 only, of course your biased. Same if you only own a Xbox, of course you're gonna be biased. How about we put it this way. GT4 will be the best racing-sim game for the PS2 and Forza will be the best racing-sim on the Box. They are different games, and shouldn't even be compared.
 
Gabkicks
how long will this go on> :dunce:

I don't know bud...I don't know. :indiff:
 
Seems like theres beenmore talk abot forza then GT lately,

isnt there a forzaplanet.net they can go to?

Because Im really tired of hearing about a xbox racing game in a ps2 racing game forum!
 
Any chance of a forza forum in the xbox bit? I mean I'm all for comparing games and all, but there is a limit.
 
JaNsTa00001
and to Zero how can we compare Forza and GT4 if we post this kind of stuffs in a deifferent forum.
Uh? Only forza fans make this threads, if they want to compare another Xbox GTkiller why don´t use his forum? what´s the point of posting here? and the point of registering in a GT community only for promoting a "rival" game? viral marketing? :P, hidden trolling? or an Xbox fan userbase trying to take a GT4 section of the forum and proving how superior is his game?

I don´t see any old or serious member starting any Forza´s thread here. Only Forza fans are interested in hyping a new game that nobody know or has references. Comparing it with the heavily established GT franchise makes Forza look more solid than it is and the hype grow more.. and grow Forza posts and grow the insistence of the fans, etc. All this it´s ok and finally could be a good game but are all this threads necessary in this section of the forum? and need Forza always the presence of GT4 to shine?? I don´t think..

*sorry for my english.
 
Come on guys!

It's very easy to criticize a game that isn't out yet. Let's just wait untill november and play GT4.
You only know what you are talking about after you have played it for some time. People should stop giving critic based on assumptions.

BTW, people who love the GT-series less than other games or series could consider joining another forum.

Do you get my point?
 
stico
Come on guys!

It's very easy to criticize a game that isn't out yet. Let's just wait untill november and play GT4.
You only know what you are talking about after you have played it for some time. People should stop giving critic based on assumptions.

BTW, people who love the GT-series less than other games or series could consider joining another forum.

Do you get my point?


i hear ya bro.

wow 8 pages and this thread is still here??? i thought it would have been moved to the X-BOX forum by now.
 
This thread has just about run its course 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back