Forza will whoop GT4's a$$ escpecially online........

  • Thread starter Thread starter JaNsTa00001
  • 146 comments
  • 6,244 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
:odd: ........just out of interest code.............was that aimed at me!

and yes.......this thread is asking for trouble
 
dan0h, you mentioned that Microsoft now knows what to do as they have seen the success of GT. Well isn't that typical, that's all that Microsoft does. See a good game?, buy the company to make games for them (Rare for example), can't buy the company?, then throw more money around than them, and try to make a better game.
Sadly enough, it hasn't worked this far. And I don't think it will. The thing they have to learn at Microsoft is to be original, and put some feel and emotion into the game. When playing GT, you think you are part of the game, and you are it's driving force. I think Forza will just be another "wannabe" and offer nothing other than the game itself and a controller (that sucks)
 
Dev zero, MS my own them, but that DOESN'T mean the dev team have ANY less tallent, see bungie for example. You call forza a wannabe, and this is based on what? Nothing, nothing what so ever. Open your frigging mind, and give it a chance.

And dev, the S pads are SUPERB for racing games, so that kinda shows how much you know...

and put some feel and emotion into the game. When playing GT, you think you are part of the game, and you are it's driving force

That is among the most retarded things I have EVER read. Well done.
 
aahem!!! CODE...............................
 
Robin, it was only partially aimed at you ;) tee hee hee
 
Xbox controllers suck, for any game. And what I said is not retarded, have you ever driven a car? With all the new ones you don't have the feeling they need you to drive them. The older cars completely rely on you. It's the same with GT.
 
code_kev
Robin, it was only partially aimed at you ;) tee hee hee

:lol:.......yes! paritally..... But look! I have turned a new leaf.....did you read the stuff above that I wrote! :)
 
Robin, you have indeed, I'm only joking about :)

Dev, try the S pads, they are about ps2 pad size, have fantastic analog sticks, and superb triggers, really nice :) They are also COMFY, unlike the god awful old pads.

And yes, I have driven about 5 different cars (of varying ages), and No, Gt1,2,3,4p are NOTHING like driving real ones. Dev you are infact talking out of your arse, please come back down to planet earth and engage us in real conversation.
 
ROUND 1! FIGHT!!!

Woo! Change the title of the thread, or maybe just post in the couple of other GT4/Forza threads, or this is gonna get real ugly, reeeeal fast.

Dev_Zero, I'm going to try to explain something to you:

Microsoft is the publisher. Publishers generally don't require emotions, or souls, and if you think Sony publishing is any different, Code was right, you ARE speaking out of your ass. Seriously, do you think Sony would cry themselves to sleep if they release crappy games yet still make huge profits off of them?

CORPORATIONS ARENT DEVELOPMENT TEAMS. Get it through your thick skulls.
 
Oh but kinigitt, MS ARE THE DEVIL LOL, Sony are different, they arn't in it for the money unlike MS, WHO WANT JUST YOUR SOUL, and money. SOnY LOVe YOU! HONEST! :D
 
Well you guys said Microsoft is only the publisher. Well the problem is with for example Rare, when Microsoft bought that, 70% of the people left the company. And right they were, as they are about to hit bankrupt. Microsoft has the habit of hiring the wrong people to do the job. Sony does that a lot, but Kazunori is just one of the right people.
And I was not saying GT was like driving a real car, I just said it had the same feeling as the comparison I mentioned.
 
Dev_Zero
Well you guys said Microsoft is only the publisher. Well the problem is with for example Rare, when Microsoft bought that, 70% of the people left the company. And right they were, as they are about to hit bankrupt. Microsoft has the habit of hiring the wrong people to do the job. Sony does that a lot, but Kazunori is just one of the right people.
And I was not saying GT was like driving a real car, I just said it had the same feeling as the comparison I mentioned.

Give me a link or something about the "70 percent of rare leaving the company" and you get a cookie.Funny thing, Rare isn't about to hit bankrupt either. Unless you mean creatively, which is highly debatable.

This whole "hardware giant has a passion for games" argument you've conjured up is baloney, however. Just judge a game by it's finished product, not by your silly bias towards one console or the other.
 
Read GTXLR's post in the "is gt realistic" thread. Great post. 👍
 
Those are interesting features, but Virtual Fighter4 /Evo had something like that. But not enjoying the game by allot i could not get into the other features. IMO its nothing to rave about if the actual game isnt greatly enjoyable and vice versa.

But back to the S controller. It is better than the DS for racing games but for everything else its not.
 
It's also better for first person shooters. And games like FSW. imo anyway :D

imo the ds2 is best for beat em ups, it's just fantastic for vf4 evo (best game on ps2)
 
I use my Nuby soul calibur 2 joystick for VF4:evo. I can't prove it works better, but it just feels right to play VF with an arcade stick.

The ps2 controller works better for some games like Metal gear Solid 2. The D pad is miles ahead of the xbox D pad. Generally, I find the controller s smoother and less twitchy, much better for shooters and other games that require more precision, and the triggers are awesome for racing games (ones that don't have or require wheels to enjoy). All controllers need triggers.
 
I'd have to say the the analogue stick just feels better, that would make it better for FPS, its the button setup, layout that gets on my nervs.

I dont see the advantage for FSW since the controls and camera are bad in that game.
 
I quite like the s pads button layout, it's like a snes layout, thus good :)
 
I read somewhere recently, In an interview with PD:
The AI engine is completely new in GT4, and is a big improvement.
No element of the new AI engine has been seen so far, but it will feature drivers, that drive more like real people, and make similar mistakes.
 
LaBounti
I'd have to say the the analogue stick just feels better, that would make it better for FPS, its the button setup, layout that gets on my nervs.

I dont see the advantage for FSW since the controls and camera are bad in that game.

I found the camera was one of the nicest feature of the game. Odd.

buttion layout of the white and black buttons does get on my nerves however. I can never remember which is which. They should have nixed em and replaced them with dual shoulder buttons above the triggers (equivalent to the L1 and R1 buttons on the DS)
 
GTXLR
I read somewhere recently, In an interview with PD:
The AI engine is completely new in GT4, and is a big improvement.
No element of the new AI engine has been seen so far, but it will feature drivers, that drive more like real people, and make similar mistakes.

If so, then SWEET.

I heard something about "aggressive A.I. drivers that remember how you drive and respond in fashion" for GT3 in all the previews. All we got was robots that run on rails.
 
kinigitt
If so, then SWEET.

I heard something about "aggressive A.I. drivers that remember how you drive and respond in fashion" for GT3 in all the previews. All we got was robots that run on rails.

The new AI got canned from GT3 and they stuck with the old AI engine, because they were so busy trying to get the game out, and with all the problems of developing their first PS2 title.

I think the new AI routine is probably going to be an advancement of what they originally envisioned for GT3.
 
code_kev
I quite like the s pads button layout, it's like a snes layout, thus good :)

The SNES controller does not have 6 face buttons, its the black and white that gets me. Some games that use all the buttons the B&W ones become annoying to use(ESPN Football) games that need quick button response.

Edit: Moving to another spot only to have your view blocked happens early and often.
 
OK...this may be narrow minded ..but, PD work on one game and one console (PS3 excluded) From what I gather Microsoft pick teams of developers for different titles e.g,you guys do that game and you others that one. I would be suprised if the dev team on Forza are as enthusiastic about cars as PD are and I think this will show up in the final build of each game.
Microsoft,X-box,Forza,....carefactor..0
GT all the way for me.
 
Mr P510
OK...this may be narrow minded ..but, PD work on one game and one console (PS3 excluded) From what I gather Microsoft pick teams of developers for different titles e.g,you guys do that game and you others that one. I would be suprised if the dev team on Forza are as enthusiastic about cars as PD are and I think this will show up in the final build of each game.
Microsoft,X-box,Forza,....carefactor..0
GT all the way for me.

Nope. It's not like that.

Most of the time, Developer A (valve, for example) has a game project they have in mind (half life 2). It's their project, so it would make sense to assume they are enthusiastic about it.

They approach publisher x (vivendi universal) and try to negotiate a deal to get the game released, marketed, and properly distributed (so that people get to play it and so they can make some money off the damn thing). Publisher x agrees, and the developer keeps plugging away, meanwhile publisher x starts laying the groundwork for marketing (ads, websites, media interviews) and eventual distribution. Publisher x may try with limited success to alter the game content (by bullying or threatening to pull out the rug from the developer's feet) to fit their vision of the gaming demographic (more $$$).

This model applies for 3rd party publishers, ones that arent a part of the hardware manufacturer's "stable" of game developers.

Now, with 1st party developers, the process is similar, but the middleman is eliminated, as the developers don't have to go looking for a publisher. They are subject to a little "motivation", but it's still the developers making the game. They aren't like slave labor that the company can partition to their content.

So, the hardware manufacturers don't make the games. Stop using that argument.
 
I feel sorry for the biased people who think that PS2 is the best, and GT4 is gonna be the ONLY racing game. Just so you ppl know, the Xbox has it's advantages as well as it's flaws, and the same goes for the PS2.

Yeah Microsoft is evil :rolleyes: If you were in Microsofts shoes, you'd whatever it takes to make as much money as possible too so quit with the bull****.

I've said this b4, I own both systems, and I plan on owning both games. I don't think either one of the games is gonna be better then the other, but i won't know that till the games are REALEASED. Wait for the arguements till both games are released and you've played BOTH games. If you've only played GT4 and have never played Forza, or vice versa, your opinion means dick cause you have no way of comparing them. Now i'm not saying that you can't be all for GT4 and not care to play Forza. That's fine, i'm sure most of the xbox haters, don't actually own one.

On a side note. The "new" xbox controller(that things been out for what, 2 years now?) is great. I personally like it better then the PS2 controller. But yes i will say that the controller that first came out with the xbox sucked hard.
 
I will definately give Forza a rent 👍 and GT4 a buy 👍👍
 
CrAcKaJaP206
I feel sorry for the biased people who think that PS2 is the best, and GT4 is gonna be the ONLY racing game. Just so you ppl know, the Xbox has it's advantages as well as it's flaws, and the same goes for the PS2.

Yeah Microsoft is evil :rolleyes: If you were in Microsofts shoes, you'd whatever it takes to make as much money as possible too so quit with the bull****.

I've said this b4, I own both systems, and I plan on owning both games. I don't think either one of the games is gonna be better then the other, but i won't know that till the games are REALEASED. Wait for the arguements till both games are released and you've played BOTH games. If you've only played GT4 and have never played Forza, or vice versa, your opinion means dick cause you have no way of comparing them. Now i'm not saying that you can't be all for GT4 and not care to play Forza. That's fine, i'm sure most of the xbox haters, don't actually own one.

On a side note. The "new" xbox controller(that things been out for what, 2 years now?) is great. I personally like it better then the PS2 controller. But yes i will say that the controller that first came out with the xbox sucked hard.

Flopza will flop.
 
Kaniyodrift
Flopza will flop.

I've never heard of this "flopza"...

Ohhh...you were trying to be witty.

You fail.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back