Forza will whoop GT4's a$$ escpecially online........

  • Thread starter Thread starter JaNsTa00001
  • 146 comments
  • 6,244 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
kinigitt
I've never heard of this "flopza"...

Ohhh...you were trying to be witty.

You fail.

Witty is giving way to much credit. :lol: You enjoy your GT4. I'll enjoy my GT4 and Forza.
 
CrAcKaJaP206
Witty is giving way to much credit. :lol: You enjoy your GT4. I'll enjoy my GT4 and Forza.
Do you own both Playstation and X Box or are you planning on getting an X Box because of Forza?
 
I actully don't have a problem with the Xbox controllers. Hell and my hands are pretty small...
 
GT 4 will not be beaten in the 128 bits generation consoles. Judging by the videos I've seen , I'm not sure Forza's graphics will be better than PGR 2 or Racing Evoluzione ( Apex ). For me , Forza's graphics will score a 94/100 if not less.
I gave GT3 a 99/100 for graphics in its time and most vidgames magazines gave it between 95 and 100. So with the huge improvement in graphics now for GT4 , won't it deserve a 105/100 or so. I know it sounds crazy but what can I do ? GT4 is MY OBSESSION , and Forza won't have VW Bora nor Capri.
 
I don't know if he owns one, but I do.
I'll be sure to get both.
 
I personally am sick of GT not being able to get Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo no damage, 2d backgrounds, no exterior customization. And I don't care about all the EA has the Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo license crap. If Forza can deliver what they promise then I will go with Forza. I have been playing GT since the first GT but cmon it's 2004 and they still can't get Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, damage, 3d backgrounds and exterior customization. The only thing GT has is it's awsome car rendering but if Forza can just equal that then I will forsake GT and go with Forza.
 
look at this vid then look at GT4 vids, there is no way this game looks beter than GT4.

forza
 
Awesome video. But I hope GT4 lets you put the Viper in Red. A Viper only looks mean in red, and the one in the vid looks great.

Anyways, if there was one game that was going to make me give up GT4, then it would be Enthusia.

And to tell the truth, I'm looking forward to Enthusia a little more than GT4. It's got me wondering about the game so much since very LITTLE has been leaked out...unlike GT4.
 
whoa there. nobody said forza is gonna be better looking in this thread so far (that I recall reading). I highly doubt that it will end up better looking (not technically, just from a pure aesthetics point of view), but I would be pleasantly surprised if it did.

Let's just chill and think about how good both games may turn out to be. GT4 already has it in the bag, so to speak, but forza has a lot to prove.

Maybe a little support for a fledgling studio could help instead of useless negativity and snide remarks about the console it's on.
 
Without reading the last 3 pages :P :

Every game promises a good AI. We haven't got ONE racing game with good ai since Grand Prix Legends came out. Don't name DTM1/2 (or Pro race driver 1/2, that game has 10000 names) because it has bad ai.

I played Forza and it's a funny racer. It does what it has to do : give a fun experience. But when you compare it to GT3 (can't compare to GT4, it isn't out. GT4:P isn't complete so that's useless to compare to) i can tell you that GT3 is better at alot of things. Well, let's just say everything.

Forza offers you :

Boring Track Design

Ai.. wel.. They make mistakes, w00t. That's all... Nothing special

Graphics : They are ok. If you like Plastic. Damn, why does every game which names himself "The GT Beater!@@!!!!" give you cars with wrong physics and a shining Plastic cover on it? It looks dull and so stupid.

The game itself is ok. It's just a "funny" racer like NFSU. It was funny, but not good.

About the online part ; yeah, XBOX live is better? Why? You pay way too much for it. PS2 is "free" (don't forget you had to buy the adapter) but that's only 30 bucks.
 
And you can't really compare Forza to GT3, b/c you played the demo. The demo isn't the complete game either buddy.

and when you talk about online...I don't believe you. I doubt you've even played the game. Why? It isn't out.
 
Dev_Zero
dan0h, you mentioned that Microsoft now knows what to do as they have seen the success of GT. Well isn't that typical, that's all that Microsoft does. See a good game?, buy the company to make games for them (Rare for example), can't buy the company?, then throw more money around than them, and try to make a better game.
Sadly enough, it hasn't worked this far. And I don't think it will. The thing they have to learn at Microsoft is to be original, and put some feel and emotion into the game. When playing GT, you think you are part of the game, and you are it's driving force. I think Forza will just be another "wannabe" and offer nothing other than the game itself and a controller (that sucks)

I seriously agree. MS has a bad habit of doing this "me too" syndrome for more than 3 years now on console. None of which have been successful and I doubt that this will either. All of their previous games had similar hype (Quantum Redshift, Voodoo Vince, Bruce Lee, Psychonauts, Brute Force, etc. etc.) and Forza just seems to be up to bat like the rest were.

Hey, I could be wrong, but with the game only running at 30fps (confirmed by the developers' in the latest XBN magazine interviews), less gameplay features, less depth, less cars, less tracks, zero unique options and w/ a few feature here n' there that GT MAY not have (such as mod kits), I seriously doubt that Forza will even put a remote dent in GT's armor. The game just seems pretty soul-less right now, much like the other MS console games to date.
 
McLaren F1GTR
And you can't really compare Forza to GT3, b/c you played the demo. The demo isn't the complete game either buddy.

and when you talk about online...I don't believe you. I doubt you've even played the game. Why? It isn't out.

*kuch* I'm in "the gaming world" *kuch*

I write for a couple sites and sometimes write for some Dutch Magazines. So, yes, i played it. Yes, the most recent build.

What is wrong with the online part? Xbox Live works great but you pay alot of money for it.

PS2 online is "free" and doesn't work thát good, but it does it's job. That's what i meant.
 
Egghead
*kuch* I'm in "the gaming world" *kuch*

I write for a couple sites and sometimes write for some Dutch Magazines. So, yes, i played it. Yes, the most recent build.

What is wrong with the online part? Xbox Live works great but you pay alot of money for it.

PS2 online is "free" and doesn't work thát good, but it does it's job. That's what i meant.

Not that I belive, but any proof you write? I can say I write for PSM. Doesn't mean I do. I;ve only e-mailed them.
 
McLaren F1GTR
Not that I belive, but any proof you write? I can say I write for PSM. Doesn't mean I do. I;ve only e-mailed them.

I have proof, yes. But, can't you believe me on my word? I wrote for a couple of dutch sites ( and sometimes i write a opinion in a magazine. )

There are some journalists on this board. I know some high respected people (from Holland that is) in the Biz and that's where i play the beta's\alpha's. Did you know that Juiced sucks and Burnout rules? Burnout is huge. Oh wait, do i need to proof that also? :)
 
Egghead
I have proof, yes. But, can't you believe me on my word? I wrote for a couple of dutch sites ( and sometimes i write a opinion in a magazine. )

There are some journalists on this board. I know some high respected people (from Holland that is) in the Biz and that's where i play the beta's\alpha's. Did you know that Juiced sucks and Burnout rules? Burnout is huge. Oh wait, do i need to proof that also? :)

Juiced only sucks and Burnout rules is your OPINION. And yet, proof would be nice of your writer job.
 
McLaren F1GTR
Juiced only sucks and Burnout rules is your OPINION. And yet, proof would be nice of your writer job.

Proof is very hard. The main site where i wrote for is down (since may, money problems) but i will scan in some opinions of me tomorrow or later this week. It's dutch so you can't understand ehm.. nothing of it. :)


A little proof : Recording of burnout 3 beta when showing it to someone via msn and he recorded it whit Snagit and sended it to me, lol.

Edit 2 : Took it down.

But, damn, let's get back ontopic.

Edit : heck, never mind. I will post a good Forza movie and that's it. Not going to prove anything more. That will be enough It's just a shame that people don't believe you on your word..
 
kinigitt
whoa there. nobody said forza is gonna be better looking in this thread so far (that I recall reading). I highly doubt that it will end up better looking (not technically, just from a pure aesthetics point of view), but I would be pleasantly surprised if it did.

Let's just chill and think about how good both games may turn out to be. GT4 already has it in the bag, so to speak, but forza has a lot to prove.

Maybe a little support for a fledgling studio could help instead of useless negativity and snide remarks about the console it's on.

forza looks like a GT4 clone, and as far as making "snide remarks about the console it's on" isnt X-BOX supposed to be a better system graphicly ???

i personally have PS2 & X-BOX, both online, and although i have more games on PS2 {basicly because i can play imports & back-ups via swap discs & flip-top} PS2 is no competion to the X-BOX LIVE network.

as far as online goes, this thread is about how "Forza will whoop GT4's a$$ escpecially online", my question is where do you think FRONZA is going to be better, you already said and i quote " GT4 already has it in the bag, so to speak", and based on the info we already have about GT4's online play there is nothing thats going to touch it within the next couple of years.
 
/\
||

Exactly. We only know "a little" of Forza and nothing about GT4. I hope GT4 will blow us away (mini games etc) so i'm not going to make some conclusion or so.

I really hope that both games do something original. Bump mode, 500 cones on 1 track and the guy who bumps the most wins etc etc... Bandwith is no problem anymore, so.. come one! :D

But it's a fact that Live is better. And with GT4 AND Killzone could make the PS2 network "cool" but not good.
 
Egghead
/\
||

Exactly. We only know "a little" of Forza and nothing about GT4.


"so far, we've only been told, OFFICIALLY, to expect 4-PLAYERS to be able to race against each other online. if this RUMOR pans out, however, the final game will actually enable up to 16 LIVE COMPETITORS to race simutaniously, and HUNDREDS more to watch the action in real time as spectators."

this is old news, if you dont know whats going on in GT4 you really need to do some research. there is suposed to be drag racing, and online drift events also.

there will also be a photo mode where you can take snapshots of your cars, and even print them out with a usb printer.

one more thing, how many cars are suposed to be in FRONZA ??? GT4 PROLOGUE is just a demo of GT4, and it has more cars in it than most racing games that are out as of 2004.
 
As I say, I don't care much about online play.
What Forza may have GT4 may not. Heh, yeah. Like THAT's saying a lot.
Forza's told to have promise online. Is it going to make GT4 and PD decline?
GT4 has enough features to make hands numb. Guess that makes Forza look dumb.
FM is good for a rental to me, but only GT4 will make me happy.
Online play has changed over the years, for which non-multiplayer games have fears.
I couldn't care less, as long as I want GT4. I'll keep playing until I can't take anymore.
And to end the racing competition will groan... BECAUSE GT4 WILL OWN!!!

^ cheap-ass poetry brought to you by "JohnBM01," or just "John."


So it looks like the team behind Forza is looking to create a wicked lab experiment to rival not only Gran Turismo 4, but also Enthusia Professional Racing. No offense, but what does PD care? I have almost never lost faith in PD. And so what? The PS2 may be showing its age, but with this being the final GT on the PS2, I'd say this is like throwing a Hail Mary in American football. But PD isn't losing the game, you see.

On the other hand, however, Forza Motorsport doesn't SEEM bad. I'd actually want to play-test this at an electronic store or an electronic section. I'm a racing game veteran, and always looking to try out new things. We've done this discussion before elsewhere, so what's the point of not making bye-gones be bye-gones? You dig me, player?
 
DRIFT GOD
"so far, we've only been told, OFFICIALLY, to expect 4-PLAYERS to be able to race against each other online. if this RUMOR pans out, however, the final game will actually enable up to 16 LIVE COMPETITORS to race simutaniously, and HUNDREDS more to watch the action in real time as spectators."

this is old news, if you dont know whats going on in GT4 you really need to do some research. there is suposed to be drag racing, and online drift events also.

there will also be a photo mode where you can take snapshots of your cars, and even print them out with a usb printer.

one more thing, how many cars are suposed to be in FRONZA ??? GT4 PROLOGUE is just a demo of GT4, and it has more cars in it than most racing games that are out as of 2004.


Read my post good and then answer correctly, ok? I never ever attacked GT4 nor i did Forza on online gameplay. I only said that they could offer something funny in the online racing department. I really don't know why you flame me but i know what is going on with GT4 AND Forza. I really don't understand this "flame" from you.

Yes. I know what Photomode is.

Yes. You can watch players racing.

Yes. 6 players online racing. (fact, no more then 6.)

Yes. blabla. Again, i don't know what you mean because i didn't say anything bad about gt4 or so. I suggest you read my post again. :/
 
98cobra
Do you own both Playstation and X Box or are you planning on getting an X Box because of Forza?

Yup I own both. Got the xbox first back when i lived with my parents. I didn't need a ps2 cause my bro had one. Then i moved out early this year and now that GT4 and GTA:SA are commin out, i figured it was time to get the ps2.

Egghead
Without reading the last 3 pages :P :

Every game promises a good AI. We haven't got ONE racing game with good ai since Grand Prix Legends came out. Don't name DTM1/2 (or Pro race driver 1/2, that game has 10000 names) because it has bad ai.

I played Forza and it's a funny racer. It does what it has to do : give a fun experience. But when you compare it to GT3 (can't compare to GT4, it isn't out. GT4:P isn't complete so that's useless to compare to) i can tell you that GT3 is better at alot of things. Well, let's just say everything.

Forza offers you :

Boring Track Design

Ai.. wel.. They make mistakes, w00t. That's all... Nothing special

Graphics : They are ok. If you like Plastic. Damn, why does every game which names himself "The GT Beater!@@!!!!" give you cars with wrong physics and a shining Plastic cover on it? It looks dull and so stupid.

The game itself is ok. It's just a "funny" racer like NFSU. It was funny, but not good.

About the online part ; yeah, XBOX live is better? Why? You pay way too much for it. PS2 is "free" (don't forget you had to buy the adapter) but that's only 30 bucks.

:lol: Um....Forza hasn't been released yet.......So you can't really make judgement on it till the final version has been released. :lol: and you say Xbox Live is too much? It's like $6 a month. If you can't afford that you have no business playing live anyways.

Here's your sign, wear it proudly
stfuricer.gif


I think that Forza is gonna be much more fun online and that 1st player mode is gonna be more exciting on GT4. GT4 seems to have more depth as a 1 player game. As Forza has unlimited depth online.
 
JohnBM01
As I say, I don't care much about online play.
On the other hand, however, Forza Motorsport doesn't SEEM bad. I'd actually want to play-test this at an electronic store or an electronic section. I'm a racing game veteran, and always looking to try out new things. We've done this discussion before elsewhere, so what's the point of not making bye-gones be bye-gones? You dig me, player?

I trust PD. I know PD. We all know PD. This IS the time to proof that they can make the best racer on the console. And they will do it.

But, i don't want to make this into a bash thread or so but plz, believe me.. Watch some vids of Foza (not screens, plz do not, it does look worser ingame and the vids.. well, i didn't see anything like that ingame) and wait for the demo. Don't put all your hopes on that game.

I really hope that GT will be beaten someday (yes, sorry...) so PD is going to think about the mistakes they made and then... well, it's GT1 "blow away" all over again.

That sounds good, doesn't it? :)
 
Egghead
/\
||

Exactly. We only know "a little" of Forza and nothing about GT4.

i wasnt flamming you bro, i was just pointing out the fact that we know more about GT4 than we do Forza ;)
 
CrAcKaJaP206
:lol: Um....Forza hasn't been released yet.......So you can't really make judgement on it till the final version has been released. :lol: and you say Xbox Live is too much? It's like $6 a month. If you can't afford that you have no business playing live anyways.

Here's your sign, wear it proudly
stfuricer.gif


I think that Forza is gonna be much more fun online and that 1st player mode is gonna be more exciting on GT4. GT4 seems to have more depth as a 1 player game. As Forza has unlimited depth online.

I REALLY hate it when people don't read posts good. I'm in the press, i played Forza (the latest build. No GT4 doesnt have a beta, just like 1/2 and 3 didn't have one) and i liked it. Yes. I liked it. But it names hisself as a GT beater and Forza isn't a GT beater. No way, hell no. It's just a fun game (at this point, it can only become better) but you CAN'T compare it to gt3. Why am i saying GT3? Oh well, read 10 posts or so back.

I'm tired of this. I'm in the press biz, i play alot of beta's and some guys are telling me to shut up because i'm telling things that are POSITIVE for GT4? It's crazy.

If i was talking sht about gt4 AND Forza you could flame me, but i like them both. Alot. Alot..
 
Egghead
I REALLY hate it when people don't read posts good. I'm in the press, i played Forza (the latest build. No GT4 doesnt have a beta, just like 1/2 and 3 didn't have one) and i liked it. Yes. I liked it. But it names hisself as a GT beater and Forza isn't a GT beater. No way, hell no. It's just a fun game (at this point, it can only become better) but you CAN'T compare it to gt3. Why am i saying GT3? Oh well, read 10 posts or so back.

I'm tired of this. I'm in the press biz, i play alot of beta's and some guys are telling me to shut up because i'm telling things that are POSITIVE for GT4? It's crazy.

If i was talking sht about gt4 AND Forza you could flame me, but i like them both. Alot. Alot..

Huh? you got like 5 different thoughts in one big pile.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. But it honestly is pointless to make judgement on a game till it is completely released. Dont you think? For being in the press biz, you seem very biased and negative toward a game that is 5 months away from release. A **** load can happen between now and then.

:lol: and i never said any where that it's a GT4 Beater. I think they are both in a class of their ownz. B4 y ou get you panties in a bunch, make sure you not making assumptions on what has been said.

Also sorry for postin the stfu ricer emoticon, no harm intended, i just think it's funny.

I plan on owning both cause i think they are both gonna kick ass.
 
CrAcKaJaP206
Huh? you got like 5 different thoughts in one big pile.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. But it honestly is pointless to make judgement on a game till it is completely released. Dont you think? For being in the press biz, you seem very biased and negative toward a game that is 5 months away from release. A **** load can happen between now and then.

:lol: and i never said any where that it's a GT4 Beater. I think they are both in a class of their ownz. B4 y ou get you panties in a bunch, make sure you not making assumptions on what has been said.

Also sorry for postin the stfu ricer emoticon, no harm intended, i just think it's funny.

I plan on owning both cause i think they are both gonna kick ass.

Again, read my post good/better. I said that a **** load could happen and it WILL happen, to use your words. I like them both but i don't like the title "GT beater" that Forza uses. It's just another racer with plastic cover on a physics engine which doesn't seem to be correct. Again, it's a beta and a **** load of things will be fixed, to use your words again.

I don't bash Forza, i'm just saying that the ai isn't better then gt3 (and they are saying that it rules, again, beta. But i know beta's where the AI/gameplay is better than the final. Example : Racing Evo on the Xbox) and the tracks are boring right now. So.. ehm... normal.. If i wanted to bash Forza i also could bash GT3, even better. Alot better.

Both games have their pro and -'s.. But please, don't say things i didn't say, ok?
 
Pak
rofl 👍:lol:

Egghead, voor welke magazines/sites schrijf je?

:)

Sorry, completely offtopic now and in dutch, it won't happen again :

Ik heb wat kleine dingen voor pu gedaan, niks noemenswaardig. Voor Gamequest heb ik wat dingen getikt en voor gamesen heel veel. En af en toe wat meningen voor magazines en heb heel wat contacten (oa Niels 't Hooft / Jurjen enzo).

Well. That's it. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back