Forza

Err... you might like nearly impossible, cheap challenges, but that's not for me. I would hope that when I get into a race that the opponents don't perform physics defying maneuvers to beat me. Fair loosing is fine, but cheapness for the sake of challenge gripes me out.

Anyway, I should add one thing. It might sound like when I manage to beat the last challenge in Forza, I'm going to pitch it as hard as I can into freeway traffic, but I'm not. Team Forza did a lot of things right, and the above issues aside, it's a great game. It's just a shame that there are so darn MANY of them!

Yesterday marks my first month with Forza. I'm still getting dialled in, but maybe by the weekend I'll get brave enough to join Live.

Let me go back to Post #2,927 by now-banned GTP member PS { }, then the posts down to Post #2930. It reminds me of the biggest flaw to Forza- the music. That's why when I was at the mall this past Saturday, I turned the in-game music all the way off and turned on my MP3 player. When "X-Play" reviewed Forza, co-host Morgan Webb said:

(indirect quote) "Is there anything really wrong with Forza? Well, some say the music could be lacking. But hey, at least it's a semi-decent Iron Maiden rip-off." -indirect quote from Morgan Webb, co-host of G4TV show "X-Play," 2005

Two things come to mind that I can't decide which is the proper reaction- (1) being too nice about Forza, or (2) sucking up. I already can't stand rock music all the time, and hearing the stuff in Forza is enough reason to go get your ears checked and go to a brain surgeon. You know, check your ears to see if the songs from Forza still remain in your mind, then brain surgery to make sure you don't have the song still looping in your head. I've heard better original music, even if you can have a custom soundtrack. But if you don't have a custom soundtrack, then the game's music is horrible. It's called "run what you brung."

The different tuning options somewhat overlaps GT's tuning system. It seems like you can do so much more to cars in Forza than GT games. I don't remember how much you can tune or what elements of tuning there are, but it's pretty deep. Trust me if you've never played Forza yet. I'm not sure, but I think you can paint up cars free of charge. I know I tried that when someone's profile had an Acura RL or TL as a starting car for the North American region. I fooled around with an Eagle Talon as my starting ride when I played at the mall. I haven't done much competitive racing in my experience. My only legit racing experience was doing the Forza demo at Laguna Seca. All I've mostly done since was free runs. I'll probably try to do much more in the future. I've also done F/FWD racing at Pacific Shipyards. Won my first race.

Other than that, there's more to explore.

Morgan Webb must be deaf then, because the music is not even worthy of being called a rip-off of Iron Maiden.

It's Junkie XL, which is pretty much techno rock.

JohnBM01
Let me go back to Post #2,927 by now-banned GTP member PS { }, then the posts down to Post #2930. It reminds me of the biggest flaw to Forza- the music. That's why when I was at the mall this past Saturday, I turned the in-game music all the way off and turned on my MP3 player. When "X-Play" reviewed Forza, co-host Morgan Webb said:

(indirect quote) "Is there anything really wrong with Forza? Well, some say the music could be lacking. But hey, at least it's a semi-decent Iron Maiden rip-off." -indirect quote from Morgan Webb, co-host of G4TV show "X-Play," 2005

Two things come to mind that I can't decide which is the proper reaction- (1) being too nice about Forza, or (2) sucking up. I already can't stand rock music all the time, and hearing the stuff in Forza is enough reason to go get your ears checked and go to a brain surgeon. You know, check your ears to see if the songs from Forza still remain in your mind, then brain surgery to make sure you don't have the song still looping in your head. I've heard better original music, even if you can have a custom soundtrack. But if you don't have a custom soundtrack, then the game's music is horrible. It's called "run what you brung."
There is the option to turn off the music (and listen to the pretty accurate car sounds), or you can play your own custom soundtrack (which I do).

I got my first Ferrari in Forza a few weeks ago :) Still havn't used it, cause i'm addicted to the 911 races i CAN'T DO! And it seems like the DB9 in Forza is utter crap that can't go over 140mph WTF!

Master_Yoda
I got my first Ferrari in Forza a few weeks ago :) Still havn't used it, cause i'm addicted to the 911 races i CAN'T DO! And it seems like the DB9 in Forza is utter crap that can't go over 140mph WTF!
Thats for MS Games studio for you, I think MS hates British Cars. Because mainly British cars beat most of the USA cars, when it comes to a good balance buddy.

Wow... and I normally thought that the hate of Japanese cars by American car lovers was bad, not to mention the "Japanese bias" put on PD. The Forza stuff I've been playing was mostly on game stands at stores. I usually race (no pun intended) to turn off music immediately. I will say that the sounds are pretty accurate and pretty believable. I still talk about the only Cadillac I'd want to race in a GT game- the Cadillac Northstar LMP. It seems to be a pretty balanced car. I still give credit to MS-GS (not to be confused with Metal Gear Solid) for Alpine Raceway, or whatever it's called. That was a well-done original track. I like original courses. Real ones are cool, but use your imagination to create realistic and interesting courses. Me gusta, mi amigos.

I'm not going to admit to the "I told you so" comments, but many of us who doubted Forza are actually kind of liking or loving it more. Of course, I took GT4's side when it was GT4 vs. Forza at its worst. I'd end up getting bashed on and cursed out for taking GT4's side while slamming Forza Motorsport. Now that it's been at least a year since both games were released, our criticisms are a bit different now. Even I said that Forza Motorsport was a Gran Turismo that XBOX gamers can be proud of. I never meant that in a harmful way. I just mean that a game in the mold of Gran Turismo works for a franchise other than Gran Turismo, on a system other than the PS2, work so well after so many failed to beat GT at GT's game. This is why many of us on these message boards say that you should wait until a game is actually released before you judge it as being good or bad. It's also why game previews are normally neutral in the presentation of a new game. I think I've even said that Forza seemed to be less of a game and more of a lesson to teach PD what fans want vs. what PD's giving out. I've said the game seems more like a message to PD in talking about how PD doesn't listen to its worldwide fans with Gran Turismo, and what the Gran Turismo could be capable of if it follows Forza Motorsport's lead. Either way, Forza is still a solid title that I think many XBOX racing fans should get along with the Project Gotham series.

Having said all of this, these Forza stints have actually fulfilled most of my curiousities about the game. The only way I can REALLY know what it has to offer is to get an XBOX and play through Forza Motorsport. But I'll take these stints at stores for now.

Well My friend thinks when he plays Foza(i felt like spelling it that way) he calls it GT4 for xbox which is a good interpretation I think. I've run a lot of tests with it because I enjoy GT and Forza so much, as well as PGR. So far as I can tell, GT4 and Forza times only differ by about 2 seconds so in turn they are both accurate. And as JohnBM01 said Forza does give you what GT4 should of had but didn't, of course that was also partly due to the Ps2's limitations. And if you don't like Forza's music you can just switch to your own. And I think all the car sounds are accurate to both games, but really that has to just depend on the disinctiveness of the car as well. Like the Viper, both games it sounds the same.On the tuning side there are some things that Forza has but GT doesn't and vise versa. However Forza does use real world measurements in all of the tuning options. But Basically if you have an xbox get Forza immiedietly.

One more thing though, I do like one big thing in Forza far more than in Gt4 and thats the fictional downhill and uphill course they made, and then also remaking all the cars from Initial D. It would have been so much fun to compare a downhill on GT with Forza but PD didn't do such a thing:guilty:.

Thats my 2 cents.

Master_Yoda

Why are you having problems with the Porsche races? If anything they are pretty easy... Is it the back end sliding out? Try taking the corners a bit slower, and remember the most important part of driving a Porsche fast... DONT BREAK WHILE CORNERING!!!

...If you are still having problems, take a pound or two out of the rear tires, the wear will increase, but the grip will increase as well. Nothing like applying a bit of NASCAR engineering to a Porsche, but trust me, it works...

YSSMAN
Why are you having problems with the Porsche races? If anything they are pretty easy... Is it the back end sliding out? Try taking the corners a bit slower, and remember the most important part of driving a Porsche fast... DONT BREAK WHILE CORNERING!!!

...If you are still having problems, take a pound or two out of the rear tires, the wear will increase, but the grip will increase as well. Nothing like applying a bit of NASCAR engineering to a Porsche, but trust me, it works...
O i beat it, i eventually told my self to stop drying to drift past the GT2's and GT3's in my old 911. And yeah, don't brake in a turn, the back of your car swings way out infront of the AI, and they hit your tail and you go flying off the big ass Nurburgring curbs that are higher then the car itself... And also in some corners if your going to fast, your ultra light Porsche goes flying around, for fun its fun, but it is sertenly a crazy series.

On the other hand, i am doing the Heavy-Weight series in my stock Ferrari Scalleti (or whatever it's called)

O well... I'll do that this weekend...

Anyways..

What level are you guys at?
I'm at 20.. But i don't play much, most of my time on Xbox is either on Far Cry, Chaos Theory, Sega GT 2002 (i love the driving in this game), or PGR2.

And what are your guyses favorite car?
Mine right now, is either the Ferrari Modena (played in Arcade mode, around the ring. Lots of fun.)
Or my S1 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R... That car is just freekin crazy.

I hate how Forza, you can't enter waaay under classed cars in a heavier races.
Like Civics, Miatas, and small cars like that into a race with Aston Martins, Ferraris, Porsches, and such... It really makes it boring.

It's what makes me play GT more.

I made Level 50 a couple of weeks ago. :dopey:

Like many typical supercar fanboys, my favorite ride is the Ferrari F355 Challenge. I can't help it, I love those cars!

But some also-loves go to the Ford GT40, the Saleen, the Lotus Esprit, the NSX, the RX-7 Spirit R, the Supra MkIII, the MR2, the Supra MkIV, the 300ZX, the Skyline R34, the Mitsubishi Evo VIII, the Subaru WRX Sti... can you tell that I'm a car freak?

And I agree about the underclassed cars in GT4, it makes for a challenging race if you can get around 150-200 points worth of disadvantage.

Oh by the way, I want to wish Forza a happy birthday! Born 5/5/2005, one year old this friday! Whatta wild ride.

Tenacious D
Oh by the way, I want to wish Forza a happy birthday! Born 5/5/2005, one year old this friday! Whatta wild ride.

Thanks! We just announced our new game Forza Motorsport 2 at E3 and the team (Turn 10) celebrated by hiring me to become their community manager. My first job before E3 was to redesign the crap website we had before and will be updating it daily/weekly with all sorts of content.

We're also going to be holding a lot of contests and tournaments, everything from drift to racing to livery designs. Do come by and check it out sometime...

http://forzamotorsport.net 👍

---

chespace
community manager
turn 10

You bet! I've been meaning to sign up but have been pretty busy surfing for E3 news. Today or tomorrow though, I'll be there. Forza 2 sounds uber tasty!

Back