Forza

60fps = 30fps....Really, if you can start enjoying the game instead of playing it looking for faults you won't notice it at all. If you play it with a blank slate in mind instead of going (Oh this is going to have 30fps..so lame it's going to be choppy) you'll notice every little detail..But if you go in there optimistic, within a minute you won't even notice the 30fps

Forza's physics suck you into the game to the point that you really don't realize 30fps because you're too busy shifting and undulating the weight of your car around the track, learning brake points and learning that it's easy to "left foot brake" with the triggers.

Forza is more enjoyable than GT4, I find I'm not marvelling at the graphics in GT4, but with Forza I wont to see everything the game has to offer. With GT4, I just want to drive the fastest cars & now that I am 55% the way through, I find myself not having fun but just winning races to get the next car.

Forza is #1 in my book with GT4 & PGR2 just behind it.

The track 'blue mountains' is a near identical copy of the famous 'Bathurst' track in Aussie land. The V8 supercars race there every year and there was a 12hr/24hr race as well. The Mazda Rx-7 won the bathurst 12 hour race in 2000/2001, that is why there is a 'bathurst' version of their Type R limited edition cars in GT4.

Love this game......

Just got Forza here in the UK. And it is very, very good. I'm almost surprised!
I have been a life long fan of Gran Turismo, I still am and probably will remain so. But Forza has things that Gran Turismo does'nt.
Anyway, I've only just started so I've some way to go!

I've played Forza in the game store today. It sucked. Yes, you heard it right, IT SUCKED ASS! Damn. I was expecting something else. The graphics are OK. The tracks seems really dead. BOOOOO! 👎 I just needed to say it. I'll stay with GT4. Oh, and one thing...it felt arcade-ish.

Ok, these differentials piss me off.

Who knows what the best differential % setting should be at for the least amount of rear wheelspin?

I'm not impressed... while they have nicer Vipers like an ALL black GTS and a nicer looking yellow GTS-R this game is at best a more expensive version of Enthusia to me. Even if it was anywhere in the vacinity of GT4 the xPos console would kill it because 1. I hate their controller. 2. it's like using a Assle (which is quite funny and ironic) and 3. like being in a Honda (don't ask :rolleyes: ). No thanks, but thanks for playing.

VipFREAK
I'm not impressed... while they have nicer Vipers like an ALL black GTS and a nicer looking yellow GTS-R this game is at best a more expensive version of Enthusia to me. Even if it was anywhere in the vacinity of GT4 the xPos console would kill it because 1. I hate their controller. 2. it's like using a Assle (which is quite funny and ironic) and 3. like being in a Honda (don't ask :rolleyes: ). No thanks, but thanks for playing.

thanks for stopping by. and what the hell is an assle?

Had my first taste of XBL and it wasnt fun..... My cars are too slow and i dont know all the tracks. I really dislike the menu system even more after playing it online. Camaroboy69 is the only gamertag i knew so i couldnt find anyone i knew to play with. Trying to win money is impossible with "slower than everyone esle cars" Back to offline with the nutty AI.

*sigh

That just means you suck at racing. :P

My best time on the nurb with my NSX was 9:40, and 9:25 in my RX7 Spirit-R.

VipFREAK
Playing GT4 must feel exactley the same for you then, barring the feel of the pad since it's different you'll no doubt feel different about it.

live4speed
Playing GT4 must feel exactley the same for you then, barring the feel of the pad since it's different you'll no doubt feel different about it.

I figure it like this:

GT4 with DS2: ****

GT4 with DFP: ********

Enthusia with DS2: *

Enthusia with DFP: **********

Forza with s controller: *******

need to find this forza wheel and give it a good wringing, but the game does a heck of a job with just the controller.

* denotes fun factor. driving pleasure. superness. whatever.

GT Obsession
I saw the Forza Motorsports (XBox's GT4 killer) video today and it looks quite impressive. I have been a GT fan since the first entry in the series. Do you think that Forza poses any threats to GT4? I'm worried that Forza will be the top name instead of GT.

i think the fact that Forza allows you to customize your car is the biggest "threat" to GT's legacy.

I have been playing alot of Forza and I love it mostly for the online play. Without Live I know I would have already stopped playing it and of course without live the custom decals would pointless to me. Im not sure how much I like the physics or that I hate playing with the controler. The framerate and image quality of the graphics is horrible. Having FSAA means nothing when you have all that blur due to 30fps which makes it MUCH harder to judge upcoming corners compared to GT4's 60fps and slightly more jaggies. Now if Forza was 60fps and compatible with with the DFP then we would have a clear winner.

Gamer tag is Gek54

Its painfull to wait to get my Xbox on live I be glad when I get it on live then the first game I play on live will of course be Forza.

When I get my Xbox on live if you see a TVR racing on live it could be me.

Stanger42
i think the fact that Forza allows you to customize your car is the biggest "threat" to GT's legacy.

GT has always been about the of driving and appreciating automobiles; not making them "Fast and Furious". The focus was always on the cars themselves, not what can be done them via bodykits. I'm not knocking Forza's customization engine, it's definitely robust, but GT's "simple" wheel shop is all the customization I need.

IMHO, bodykits and window tint belong in street racing games...

Back