Forza

BlazinXtreme
I doubt it someone would have said something by now over at Forza central.

Unless you only get them after 100% or something. ie. 100% + getting under a certain time, or using a certain car for something.

Black95Z28
I dont think so, I already beat the game a while back ago.. both career and arcade. :(

Oh...that kinda sucks. Erm, what car did you use for the Corvette challenges? lol I'm almost 70% done and I haven't even done those (damn) corvette races.

PS
Oh...that kinda sucks. Erm, what car did you use for the Corvette challenges? lol I'm almost 70% done and I haven't even done those (damn) corvette races.
The 427TT... I remember that in particular.. it was a ***** lol.. goodluck! 👍

Wait till you get the C5R race car. That will be your best bet, I won a few with a fully tuned Z06 but it wasn't easy by any means.

Thanks, so much.

I find it strange though that even my drivatar can win an endurance RP1 race but I can't win a Corvette challenge. Something is wrong there.

194GVan

Well, although I have my suspicions based on what I've been reading about Forza, since I haven't really played the game I'm not going to comment. But I did come across a few things mentioned about GT4 that I know to be wrong, and this one is the worst:

DFP has AWESOME force feedback that makes controlling the game so much better. Feeling the road, the bumps and the different driving conditions is awesome.

DFP has NO self centering effect. Why this was left out completely confuses me. I thought everyone knew by now steering wheels have to self center to some extent. What gives?

So in much the same way that GT4 pays incredible attention to graphical polish and a solid game engine, but completely ignores important features like collisions and damage, the DFP is a dream come true in force feedback that lacks the most basic element of self centering. That and when you try to rotate 900 degrees you pretty much punch yourself in the nuts twice.

This is one area where I know this guy does not know what he's talking about. No self-centering effect ... :dunce:

I think he's confused by the fact that since the forceshock crap doesn't really have force feedback, the wheel mechanism comes with its own built in self-centering feature, to provide the illusion of force feedback. In GT4, however, the force feedback simulation of the game provides all the real self-centering like it would happen in a real car. That means that when you come out of a corner and accellerate, the front-wheels of the car naturally want to go straight, the DF Pro will pull itself straight just as GT4 directs it to. When you, however, park the car with the wheels turned, the DF Pro will keep standing turned, just as GT4 directs it to. And just as would happen in real life. I mean, seriously, what is this guy on about?

In the under 600hp event you're up against a Jag 220, a Ferrari F50, A Ferrari Maranello, a Viper Competition Coupe, a TVR Tuscan R, a Corvette Lingenfelter (sp) and a Saleen S7. Why did the programmers bother with the other cars? The Saleen beats them all every time. And to beat it I had to get a Saleen S7 myself. Very annoying and I didn't enjoy the races at all.
Maybe another car would had been better but really, I thought the AI was competative! There is no competition in this race..apart from that Saleen. And does it really outperform the Enzo, Porsche Carrera GT etc in braking and cornering?

I am a little suspicious of the accuracy of car performance in Forza. It is a great game but somethings don't add up. I'm pretty sure the #12 Calsonic Skyline isn't 4 wheel drive, but I could be wrong. And if the 380bhp Zonda is a S3 car then I presume the Zonda S would have been an S1 car. And why isn't it in the game?

Another irksome thing is the Classic Endurance race.The only way to win is with a '66 Ford GT40 (maybe I'm crap and you can win in a Shelby Cobra). Again why have the other cars when there is only one you can use?

Ah well, I do enjoy the game but these things and a few other niggles....niggle at me!

slackbladder
In the under 600hp event you're up against a Jag 220, a Ferrari F50, A Ferrari Maranello, a Viper Competition Coupe, a TVR Tuscan R, a Corvette Lingenfelter (sp) and a Saleen S7. Why did the programmers bother with the other cars? The Saleen beats them all every time. And to beat it I had to get a Saleen S7 myself. Very annoying and I didn't enjoy the races at all.
Maybe another car would had been better but really, I thought the AI was competative! There is no competition in this race..apart from that Saleen. And does it really outperform the Enzo, Porsche Carrera GT etc in braking and cornering?

I am a little suspicious of the accuracy of car performance in Forza. It is a great game but somethings don't add up. I'm pretty sure the #12 Calsonic Skyline isn't 4 wheel drive, but I could be wrong. And if the 380bhp Zonda is a S3 car then I presume the Zonda S would have been an S1 car. And why isn't it in the game?

Another irksome thing is the Classic Endurance race.The only way to win is with a '66 Ford GT40 (maybe I'm crap and you can win in a Shelby Cobra). Again why have the other cars when there is only one you can use?

Ah well, I do enjoy the game but these things and a few other niggles....niggle at me!

The Corvette races where you the fastest available car is a Guldstrand and the prize is a Lingenfelter. But guess what! The Lingenfelter in and pretty much owns the competition every time.

Last week I had 1 bit of slow down in game for a cople secs I was like that is not good then it goes back to full speed.

I just bought this and a Xbox yesterday and I must say this has to be the best money i've ever spent. So, far, about 10% in the game, its fun as hell.

Also, before I start re-racing races, can you win the prize cars again? I don't want to do it and not have a car.

Camouflage_RX
I just bought this and a Xbox yesterday and I must say this has to be the best money i've ever spent. So, far, about 10% in the game, its fun as hell.

Also, before I start re-racing races, can you win the prize cars again? I don't want to do it and not have a car.

you can't win them again, but as soon as you win them they are available to buy at the dealerships.

Anyone have any "good" suspension/drivetrain setups for the Saleen S7 on Maple Valley? I always come in 2nd.

No aids.

Heh, anyone notice that Forza ripped off one of Ozzy Osbourne's songs?

It clearly plays the chorus from his song "Ironman".

PS
Aren't they supposed to credit them, though?
Hmm... not sure if they'd have to if they chopped it. People do that stuff all the time. But I'm sure they took care of the legal stuff.
Strange avatar... heh..

I have been asking myself the same question.
I got Forza recently and have been playing it a lot because my PS2 broke. My opinion is that GT4 is without a doubt the better simulation because of the what, 700 something cars and the amazingly crisp graphics. I'm a GT4 fan all the way, but I think that Forza will top GT4 in sales because it is more fun, but it will never beat GT4 in terms of the better simulation. The reason that Forza is more fun, aside from the fact that the soundtrack is horrible, is simply because Forza is just that, simple. Let me put it this way, if I didn't know anything about cars but all of my friends know everything about them, I would want to play Forza. Forza's like express 1-hour Spanish while GT4 is more like in-depth articulate Spanish. Get my drift?

nismoGTR
I have been asking myself the same question.
I got Forza recently and have been playing it a lot because my PS2 broke. My opinion is that GT4 is without a doubt the better simulation because of the what, 700 something cars and the amazingly crisp graphics. I'm a GT4 fan all the way, but I think that Forza will top GT4 in sales because it is more fun, but it will never beat GT4 in terms of the better simulation. The reason that Forza is more fun, aside from the fact that the soundtrack is horrible, is simply because Forza is just that, simple. Let me put it this way, if I didn't know anything about cars but all of my friends know everything about them, I would want to play Forza. Forza's like express 1-hour Spanish while GT4 is more like in-depth articulate Spanish. Get my drift?
Well from what i hav heard GT4 has sold more. By i could be wrong.

Exactly why I own both. Man its been too long since I've played GT4. Been way way too long since my last participation in the WRS.

Viper_Maniac
Exactly why I own both. Man its been too long since I've played GT4. Been way way too long since my last participation in the WRS.
I still play GT4 everynight as i lay in bed. I usually play intill i fall alseep, so when i wake up, its convently right there to play some more :)

Okay. I've realised that this part of town is very inactive. But still, can anyone give me an on-board vid of Forza? Like a Carrera GT on the Nurburgring or an Audi R8 in Laguna Seca?

I've been playing Forza Motorsport in most Electronics sections of stores at the XBOX stand. Many of them seem to have FM in the drive. So what I've been doing is seeing what this Forza was about. Here are some of my highlighrs from playing this game at stores where it was available:

Forza Motorsport's Tracks: http://www.webquad.com/forza/content/view/40/45/

* I will admit right now that the Alpine Ring is a nice original circuit. I can almost imagine racing in a Gran Turismo environment. It's probably the best original race track I've raced in the game.

* Maple Valley isn't a very pleasing design, but the track environment itself is pretty nice. It's probably better than the GT track I despise most- Autumn Ring.

* I'd say FM's Tokyo track is pretty tough, whereas Tokyo R246 was much easier and faster. Probably my biggest concern with racing against others on FM's Tokyo Circuit is that diving right into the inside after that super-long backstretch can result in lots of trouble. I'm talking about Turn 8 going all the way into Turn 9 of the normal configuration. I am normally an aggressive racer. I love having the inside line as a road racer, especially heading into passing zones. But it gets dicey heading into Turn 9 if you want to make a pass. Other than that, the track is tougher than GT3 and GT4's variants. By the way, since when was Tokyo in Salinas, CA, USA? (read the website I provided before these notes)

* Blue Mountains Raceway and Sunset Peninsula (Oval Course) should be admired for their originality, but Blue Mountains Raceway (which seems to be based on Bathurst) looks like a nightmarish evil twin of Bathurst. Bathurst is Mount Panorama, and this bad boy is more like Mount Purgatory. It wasn't until I exited a Practice Run that I raced the reverse configutation. Sunset Peninsula's Oval Course is more like a reverse setup. Whereas you'll normally see the Start/Finish line where SP's Turn 2 is, the Start/Finish to this track is on what would normally be the backstretch of a conventional oval. Unique? Weird? Your call.

* Rio de Janerio is a sweet little deal. The rhythm to each turn is pretty shaky at best, though. It's still a good track.

* I normally say that there is only one Cadillac I'd love to race in a game, and Forza has it- the Cadillac Northstar LMP. I'll admit that I've been using the Caddy LMP at times on certain tracks. I actually wanted their real-life program to be successful, but they sacked the program a couple of years ago.

* The race car selection is very favorable with cars you can also find in GT4 and some you can't have in GT4.

* Disabling Anti-lock brakes makes handling the car tougher. I initially thought that the SPEED GT Corvette in Forza had bad brakes, but it wasn't until I actually raced without anti-lock brakes. I always seemed to favor Codemasters' model of handling, but this was rugged and raw.

I'm seemingly learning more about the game as I see these in XBOX stands. Many of my criticisms about Forza in the past seem to fade away with each play. I was looking for a general Forza thread, so I came here to share my experience.

I have a few racing comparisons myself.

Gran Turismo 4

I love this game, realy really love this game. You drifters and tuners can grouch about physics all you want, but it's excellent for what it was designed for, which is racing. Partly because of the viewpoint choices like roofcam view, partly because of the force feedback code, partly because of the excellent graphics and perspective, I'm involved in the car like no other game I've ever played. When I learn the cars, I can drive with precision. I can approach curves properly, and stick almost like glue to a racing line. The cars drive like cars. The graphics are astounding, looking like race video from The Speed Channel, and the music in replays is quite entertaining.

The bots have insect-like intelligence, but they're well behaved and predictable, and I've actually been avoided a surprising number of times. Getting around them is a matter of skill much more than luck. They tend to "rubber band" and catch up with you, and sometimes, a car will "rabbit" or drive much faster than it should, but not all the time.

Forza Motorsport

I love this game, I really do, but we have issues, something like slackbladder's experience.

Somehow, driving in this game is somewhat fishy. Curves are uncertain, and approaching them can be a problem. The racing line is usually apparent, but not always. Pointing the car and putting it where I want is less sure. The car selection is wonderful, but the involvement is lacking somewhere, unlike Gran Turismo. For the most part, the tracks are fantastic, but like John said, Blue Mountain is just hellish. More camera views would help it a lot. The car selection is excellent for only having 230 vehicles, and the audio is very good, plus you can dial in engine and tire noise to suit you. The race audio in stereo is broken though, and cars hundreds of feet behind you sound like they're chewing your bumper. The tracks are wonderfully detailed, but often look indistinct for some reason, so approaching curves can be sketchy. Trackside markers SHOULD NOT DRAW IN.

AARGH!

The bots... oh my God, those Need For Speed Underhanded bots need to die. They get cranky for no good reason, like if you pull in front of the lead car at the start of a race. They try to ram you. Farging poo gas. They'll also try to torpedo you from behind, such as on Tokyo. On too many curves, they use your car to brake!

AARGH!

They rubber band like crazy, and they tend to rabbit all the time. Plus they do absurd maneuvers that you can't. When they wreck, they catch up with you anyway. And worse, many times when they get in front of you, they SLOW DOWN! No matter how powerful and tuned you make your car, no lead is ever enough. Since when is cheap a replay mechanism??

[size=+1]AARGH!![/size]

The game designers force you too many times to race against cars that outclass you, and if you don't do some magical race, you're toast.

[size=+3]AARGH!![/size]

The walls... oh my God, those Need For Speed glue walls you can't tear away from... why, why Team Forza, oh why...

[size=+7]AARGH SOME MORE!![/size]

After fighting like mad to win the Nurburgring Nordshleife to finish off Arcade Mode in Forza yesterday, I'm really clenched. You shouldn't feel like you single handedly defeated global Islamic terrorism to win a race. I may never finish single player and unlock everything because of frookiness like this. Grr...

I'm going back to Forza now to see if I can crack those bots and manage somehow to win a high performance series. I must be a glutton for punnishment. Or maybe I'll come to my senses and do lower class races or finally try Live.

Tenacious D
After fighting like mad to win the Nurburgring Nordshleife to finish off Arcade Mode in Forza yesterday, I'm really clenched. You shouldn't feel like you single handedly defeated global Islamic terrorism to win a race.

Er...Yes you are.

Do you really think a racing driver is going to get out of his car and say "Meh, I came first, but it was no big deal. In fact, it was dead easy"?

Back