Forza

Got my copy of GT4 yesterday, it's a corker(great word), it's polished to the Nth degree, said it before but there's just "something" about the GT series, a special kinda feelin' the second you boot 'em up, you know your in for a thrill. It's an improvement over GT3 & then some. 👍

If FORZA can come anywhere close to replicating the feeling then that'll be some game, although I honestly don't think it will. You may disagree but that will not bother me one iota as I'm having so much enjoyment from GT4. I have never played a more complete game EVER & that's saying somethin' as I was born in "55"(great vintage).

We'll get FORZA 'cause my son & me play "LIVE" but don't expect too much, the pre-emptive headlines "GT4 KILLER" might be a tad over-optimistic, again being proved wrong won't be a problem as then we'll be enjoying both games.

Off-topic slightly but I've got to add the best on-line racer to date has got to be MotoGP2, as only pure skill will be rewarded

Ah reading this thread make me laugh, 90% of the people in here think Forza sucks and I will be they've never played it to it's fullness. I know there was a demo for it on one of the games I have. But really thats a demo.

People here just hate it because it's on Xbox and could possibly be a great racing game. I think the game will be great and I know right a away that this game will have an edge over GT4 purely due to the fact I can play it on Live.

I think that the developers messed up by not releasing the game at the same time as GT4, competition is alway good right? However I think Forza will out sell GT4, at least in the US, just because there are more Xbox owners. I know I will be buying in, in fact mines already reserved so I can pick it up in May.

I think you don't have a vaild arguement until the game comes out and you certianly have no room to talk if you don't have an Xbox.

BlazinXtreme I've been on "LIVE" since the BETA stage & think it's truely great but up to now every driving/racing game has suffered one way or another, lag issues, voice break-up, cheating, fact. I do NOT include MotoGP on that list as the developers took time and listened to any critisism made and rectified most issues where possible. I for one am not here to bad mouth XBOX at all, in fact I agree with you that the only way we'll know for sure is when FORZA gets released. Believe me if it turns out to be the best thing since sliced bread I'll be one of the first to eat humble pie(lot of food for thought there).

The thing is GT4 rides on the back of a truely great series, how code_Kev can say it's "just polish" astounds me, GT4 has most obviously been developed over many years, you do not get anywhere unless the finished "GAME" delivers. Just by booting up GT4 you know it's class, going through the countless options that have been implimented since GT3 & Prologue confirms this. To say that PD have just got had the duster & Mr Sheen out is rather insulting & naive to say the least, I repect everyones got their own opinion out there but lets be constructive. 👍

Well harsh as it sounds, it just GT3 with knobs on, hardly a new experience. Oh and I never said that anyway, I said for all it's polish, alot of the races in GT4 are STILL very dull.

code_kev
Well harsh as it sounds, it just GT3 with knobs on, hardly a new experience. Oh and I never said that anyway, I said for all it's polish, alot of the races in GT4 are STILL very dull.

Yep, I agree racing in GT has always been dull. But that's what I think about racing against the AI in every game.

I play GT to drive the cars more then anything else. I only do races to earn money and cars. I like to race other people as much as possible, but I just don't care about an AI opponent.

Code-kev I know what you meant & you know what I mean, to dismiss GT4 for all it's polish as GT3 with knobs on does not really wash as an honest un-biased opinion, I feel it's you who has some sort of negative one-sided view of things. I'm saying FORZA might be the "bees knees" when it's released, I for one hope so as the XBOX desperately needs a killer app car racer

SWIFT as for AI opponents they are kinda predictable I agree with you on that, you just can't beat racing against other REAL people but ONLY if the "LIVE" aspect functions properly. I've played EVERY car/bike game out there on XBOX, to list the faults would fill this forum completely, that is precisely why I want FORZA to be the "one".

To be honest I think the reason on-line play was dropped from GT4 is due to the fact that the PS2 & present connection speeds would definately struggle to function adequately enough. The same for XBOX, the dreaded LAG has spoilt many titles to date.

I never said Gt4 was a bad game, heck, I've allready put HOURS and HOURS in to it, but it is pretty much a massivly enhanced GT3. How is my view one sided? I OWN GT4 XD. I also never said that Gt4 was badly made, it's pretty damn well made.

code_kev
I never said Gt4 was a bad game, heck, I've allready put HOURS and HOURS in to it, but it is pretty much a massivly enhanced GT3. How is my view one sided? I OWN GT4 XD. I also never said that Gt4 was badly made, it's pretty damn well made.

Ok, well, I don't understand. What were you expecting in GT4? a totally new game? I mean, it improves on most of the things GT3 lacked. Save damage and better AI. But GT3 was great, so why make a completely different game?

HEY JOE: Yep, the trick to online is it has to be stable. I hated playing Daytona usa online with the dreamcast. So often people would quit or the connection would simple drop off. :yuck:

Theres no knocking GT4 for the pure thrill of driving on the limit, by now I've come to expect easy races and I just look forward to whatever my next car will be and driving it on the better tracks in the game.

As for Forza being online, thats the biggest ace it has up it's sleeve, online is a huge selling point for me, obviousely it has to be decent quality but I've heared it is.

To be perfectly honest I think we are all wanting the same thing, a top notch on-line, lag free, bells & whistles driving/racing experience, lets hope FORZA can fulfill that wish.

*crossing the fingers* :)

HeY jOe
To be perfectly honest I think we are all wanting the same thing, a top notch on-line, lag free, bells & whistles driving/racing experience, lets hope FORZA can fulfill that wish.

*crossing the fingers* :)

PGR2 was great online. The only lag I had was when MY connection was farting up. MotoGP 2 is ace too, but I'm just not skilled enough at that game to have fun online. :grumpy:

PGR2 was probably the best of the bunch but as we know many racers didn't agree with the kudos application, sorry to say it left me cold within 3 days(honestly), that's not a putdown just my opinion & lack of emotion for the title. I just felt as though bumping your way round to win seemed pointless.

MotoGP2, aaaah, there's a racer, my son was ranked 25th on MGP1 & he's 45th on MGP2, whilst I'm ranked around 110th(last time I looked), that game is PURE skill, how the 'ell some times are acheived is behond me(probably my age/reaction). In fact I got so addicted to MGP2 that I've had to take a break from "LIVE" to get my life in order!

I love GT4 with all my heart. I give Forza so much credit for making a great game. PS2 just doesnt have the hardware like it used to make all the stuff that Forza has. When PS3 will come out, then GT5 and so on will be able to have car damages and so on.
Forza is gonna rock, i would get an XBOX just for this game(i dont like the HALO series), but XBOX2 is comming out.......

RobcioPL "Forza is gonna rock, i would get an XBOX just for this game(i dont like the HALO series), but XBOX2 is comming out......."

Bit of an off-topic here but that's what's bothering me about FORZA ie. will it work faultlessly online, if not a few people are gonna be a tad miffed, Halo2 has already been criticised, is the XBOX we love as capable as we think and if so why such a rush to release XBOX2, there'll be many gamers who only bought the console xmas 2004?

HeY jOe
RobcioPL "Forza is gonna rock, i would get an XBOX just for this game(i dont like the HALO series), but XBOX2 is comming out......."

Bit of an off-topic here but that's what's bothering me about FORZA ie. will it work faultlessly online, if not a few people are gonna be a tad miffed, Halo2 has already been criticised, is the XBOX we love as capable as we think and if so why such a rush to release XBOX2, there'll be many gamers who only bought the console xmas 2004?

they'll continue xbox support so I don't see the problem.

Can't wait to get my hands on xenon or whatever.

I realise they want to get the XBOX2 out before the PS3,not entirely sure that's a good thing, I know they'll still support the XBOX but who'll want to use it after XBOX2 comes out? As I see it there'll be those "stuck" with the XBOX(short of cash) who'll be miffed, there'll be the early adopters(buy everything) but as for "NEW" customers that's the crunch. Do they buy XBOX2 or wait for the PS3? Anyone witha PS2 will not be as upset as it's nearing the end of it's run anyway so they'll just wait for the PS3. Just not sure about any of this!

HeY jOe
I realise they want to get the XBOX2 out before the PS3,not entirely sure that's a good thing, I know they'll still support the XBOX but who'll want to use it after XBOX2 comes out? As I see it there'll be those "stuck" with the XBOX(short of cash) who'll be miffed, there'll be the early adopters(buy everything) but as for "NEW" customers that's the crunch. Do they buy XBOX2 or wait for the PS3? Anyone witha PS2 will not be as upset as it's nearing the end of it's run anyway so they'll just wait for the PS3. Just not sure about any of this!

meh, I'm more hyped for the xenon than the PS3. no news has come out regarding it other than hype for the mystical cell processor.

remember all the hype about the emotion processor? oooooooh boy. They had people believing it could be used for missile guidance and all sorts of nonsense, then we ended up with the PS2, which never really performed, even in it's hey-day (i had dreamcast and didn't really care about the PS2 until GT3 came out.)

HeY jOe

Good Point, why do they want to get rid of XBOX if it is not used up to its top potential? Is it cause PS3 would dominate them?

HeY jOe
It's all a bit like FORZA really, speculation. You only really know when it's finally released, "proof of the pudding" :)

"The proof is in the pudding."

Yeah I see what you mean though. I get nervous when I see footage of the LMP cars; they look twitchy and unrealistic.

And there are other concerns I have as well. Like the tuning: we don't know much at all about it, or if you can change wheel sizes (because a lot of the wheels look way too bloody small...) and if you can DNF from damage.

They really shouldn't brag about their damage modelling if other games do it much better (CMR series, RSC2, NASCAR series, GTR)

Only going from the demo of FORZA but the damage model might not be all it's cracked up to be, if you put too much damage in then it'll probably lag, somethings gotta give after all. If it only "tips its hat" to damage then there 'aint no point at all, it's gotta be all or nothing for it to work. As you say "did not finish" would sort out the bumper car racers! :)

HeY jOe
Only going from the demo of FORZA but the damage model might not be all it's cracked up to be, if you put too much damage in then it'll probably lag, somethings gotta give after all. If it only "tips its hat" to damage then there 'aint no point at all, it's gotta be all or nothing for it to work. As you say "did not finish" would sort out the bumper car racers! :)

TOCA 2 runs smooth with all the pieces flying everywhere, and the cars can DNF rather easily in that game.

I vote Toca 2 the most important massively UNDERRATED racing game of the last decade. Nobody likes to admit that it does things well that other games haven't even attempted.

Back