Forzathon Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 656 comments
Of course the Forzathon month that I'm away from my PC is the month of Porsche's. :( Ended up asking a friend to play, but of course he has his own stuff to do. So I'll probably miss out on these cars and have to pay whatever crazy prices people ask for on the auction house. Suppose I could just sell some of my HE cars for the ones my friend misses.

Managed to get 3 of the 4 achievements in a single race, then collected every trash bin I could find on my way back to the Autoshow to get the 4th one. Took me literally 6 minutes using the biggest, baddest offroad truck. :lol: That RJ Anderson Polaris trophy truck thingie is an absolute beast when you convert it to 4wd, it's 2000lbs lighter than the other 3 but has the same amount of power.

Completed the event in blizzard mountain. Then did the others easily too. Definitely a fast paced forzathon.

Aaaand I missed the Forzathon, had classes all day and had a long drive back to hometown just to arrive and see the Forzathon has ended.

Auction Houses are full of 10 mil 918s, so that's out of reach. At least there's the 959 tomorrow.

Drift zones, my worst enemy...

I used to struggle with drift zones too until I threw my BMW M3 HE swapped to AWD at them. Now I can easily get 3 stars as long as Driveatars and traffic don't get in my way.

Yeah, it's not technically drifting anymore if you use a AWD car, but whatever gets the job done.

A couple tips:

You can repeat the same drift zone 3 times.

And for the lumberjack skill, you need to hit the dead tree stumps and limbs lying on the ground. A good spot for this is Dry Reservoir.

Drifting is fairly easy in this game though... If anything, probably the easiest way is to flick it in with the e-brake and hold the slide.

Drifting is fairly easy in this game though... If anything, probably the easiest way is to flick it in with the e-brake and hold the slide.

Problem is, finding a car that doesn't snap out of control on you as the flicking occurs is rather difficult... It is so for me, at least.

One thing is learning how to yank the e-brake and holding the slide, another is keeping the slide going without turning it into a 180 and/or smashing a tree in the process... Plus there's always the Drivatar factor, something that easily gets on anyone's nerves.

I switch between my S15 HE and M3 HE. My S15 is AWD, but my M3 is stock. I try the dirt drift zones for less traffic. But drivatars keep interfering and I'm not very good at keeping the angle.

I must be a natural born drifter then because I never have such problems. :lol: My weapon of choice is my pink S14 with "only" 520hp, that thing will go sideways for ages.

I used my Audi Sport Quattro S1 and did the same drift zone 3 times. I'm a terrible drifter, but it still took me less than 15 minutes to do it.

My weapon of choice is my pink S14 with "only" 520hp, that thing will go sideways for ages.

If you don't mind me asking, is the Silvia personally tuned or is it equipped with a "someone else's work" kind of tune? Just wondering, that's all...

I "tuned" it myself, but it's basically the exact Forza setup once you put the parts on, just with the ride height all the way down, a bunch of front camber and about 0.7 toe out at the front, and a lot less front swaybar. 60% front brake bias but yeah, everything else is pretty much as it comes once you put the race suspension on and diff. The key is really to play with the throttle to maintain the angle, which probably takes a bit of practice.

I have to say, the 959 is a lot more fun to drive in FH3 than it is in FM6.

Just got a new graphics card on PC so it's now worth me purchasing and playing this.

Wow. What a :censored:ing great game.

I think I spent about an hour driving around thinking "I'm really hungry, but I just want to go over and see this thing before I make myself some food". I haven't been that engaged in a game for ages.

I "tuned" it myself, but it's basically the exact Forza setup once you put the parts on, just with the ride height all the way down, a bunch of front camber and about 0.7 toe out at the front, and a lot less front swaybar. 60% front brake bias but yeah, everything else is pretty much as it comes once you put the race suspension on and diff. The key is really to play with the throttle to maintain the angle, which probably takes a bit of practice.

So it's sort of max tuned-everything except for the power portion of the car (and your suspension tweaks)? Fair enough, I might give it a shot myself to see how well it suits my drifting style. Thanks for clarifying, by the by. 👍

I have to say, the 959 is a lot more fun to drive in FH3 than it is in FM6.

It's also scarily stable and fast when you slap the 918 engine in it and keep the 4WD... It's like the Devil's Group B car if he lived in today's car world. I've seen modern rally cars that are tougher to tame than this... :crazy:

I must be a natural born drifter then because I never have such problems. :lol: My weapon of choice is my pink S14 with "only" 520hp, that thing will go sideways for ages.

I have a non-RB S14 with ~350hp, racing diff and rally suspension set up to be as stiff as possible. When I need to drift on tarmac, all I need to do is put up some appropriate music and rack up those points.

Generally speaking, what's a good drift car IRL will be a good drift car in Horizon 3 - a testament to its physics-based approach. The rally suspension give you more steering lock, which is extremely useful in most of the fun driftzones of the standard map.

I got my 959 this morning. Ran the championship in my trusty 155 Q4, which strikes me as the most fun to drive car in the whole game. Body roll, grip, a keen engine. A car you can really lean on. I gave it a celebratory scudetto in recognition of its role as my new go-to car.

I got my 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3. I went to the City Streets Sprint just outside of Surfers Paradise. There is a 1960s championship, only three races. The whole thing took me less then 15 minutes.

I've got a Blueprint set up for these kinds of events:

Anything Goes - 3 Races - 1 Lap Each - Start at Coober Pedy Scramble

Any time a Championship challenge goes up I run through that in 5 minutes :)

I'm saving this little bit of information.

Can't wait for the GT2 RS & CGT to become available in FH3!

AwmPRex.png

I got my 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3. I went to the City Streets Sprint just outside of Surfers Paradise. There is a 1960s championship, only three races. The whole thing took me less then 15 minutes.

Same here but I spent way longer because I drove around looking for a championship where the DB5 is eligible. I could probably have looked it up but there's no fun in that.

I thought about that too but decided I should use the challenge as an opportunity to make some progress in the "campaign". There are still many championships I haven't done.

Last edited:
Same here but I spent way longer because I drove around looking for a championship where the DB5 is eligible. I could probably have looked it up but there's no fun in that.
I spent about 15 minutes finding a championship for the DB5 myself. I couldn't find the information online, so I just fast traveled from one race route to the next until I found that one at Surfers Paradise. It's odd that the names of routes in each area and what championships are available aren't in anyone's FAQs. I don't mean to list every championship that players have created. Just the basic championship that PG created. Something like:

Byron Bay:
Route A: championship A: Retro Supercars
Route B etc
Route C etc

Outback:
Route A: etc

Substituting in the actual names of the routes and championships for A. B, and C of course. Every FAQ I look at, this basic info is missing.

I spent about 15 minutes finding a championship for the DB5 myself. I couldn't find the information online, so I just fast traveled from one race route to the next until I found that one at Surfers Paradise. It's odd that the names of routes in each area and what championships are available aren't in anyone's FAQs. I don't mean to list every championship that players have created. Just the basic championship that PG created. Something like:

Byron Bay:
Route A: championship A: Retro Supercars
Route B etc
Route C etc

Outback:
Route A: etc

Substituting in the actual names of the routes and championships for A. B, and C of course. Every FAQ I look at, this basic info is missing.

Yes, it's puzzling if no one has done this yet. Meanwhile, I figured the info would be rather difficult to come across in a time frame that's worth the trouble instead of just searching the game map first hand.

Back