Forzathon Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 656 comments
Can confirm that challenging a drivatar to a head to head (and completing it) is enough to get the barn find rumour. Now I need to see which of the 10 barn finds on my nap are for the Porsche (although I have a pretty good idea which one it is)

Just generic dialog from Warren about the barn find. No specific car mentioned. Further proof that the Porsche expansion got blown up at the last minute.
I just found the car and no mention of the Car name at all, not even anything about it being a Porsche

Just generic dialog from Warren about the barn find. No specific car mentioned. Further proof that the Porsche expansion got blown up at the last minute.

Please elaborate. He could still have mentioned the car, expansion or not.

Please elaborate. He could still have mentioned the car, expansion or not.
The dialogue when Warren opens up the new Forzathon barn find, he never mentions what the car actually is, just random brand find related dialogue

And they only started working on the Hot Wheels expansion 3 weeks ago right?

I get that. As my previous post went, what does that say about the nonexistent expansion?

After the EA deal ended and other games started adding Porsches, the Forza Porsches got broken up into smaller car packs, Forzathon prizes, and barn finds at the last minute. When they originally did the dialog recording with the Warren actor, there was no need for 356 Speedster lines, because it was not going to be a barn find.

Last edited:
After the EA deal ended and other games started adding Porsches, the Forza Porsches got broken up into smaller car packs, Forzathon prizes, and barn finds at the last minute. When they originally did the dialog recording with the Warren actor, there was no need for 356 Speedster lines, because it was not going to be a barn find.

I think Turn 10 knew that the EA deal was ending well before FH3 expansions went into preparation.

Hot Wheels may have been in the works ever since that FM6 car pack.

I think Turn 10 knew that the EA deal was ending well before FH3 expansions went into preparation.
They definitely knew when the EA license was ending. To suggest the Porsche DLC was originally an expansion and they had to scrap it at the last moment defies logic. Because that means they had to come up with the Hot Wheels expansion at the very last minute to fill in for the discontinued Porsche expansion. There's just no way. It's obvious the Hot Wheels expansion was planned from the beginning to be the second expansion just like Blizzard Mountain was planned from the beginning to be the first expansion. MS/T10/PG just held on to Porsche until they got all the documents signed with Porsche so they could release the cars without EA's involvement/interference.

Why is everybody assuming that the expansions were capped at 2?

Because that's what the expansion pass advertises and until we see differently we really have no reason to believe there will be a 3rd one.

Because that's what the expansion pass advertises and until we see differently we really have no reason to believe there will be a 3rd one.

But who's to say that the pass wasn't originally going to be for 3 and was cut back before launch once it became apparent that there might be some changes needed to the Porsche situation?

But who's to say that the pass wasn't originally going to be for 3 and was cut back before launch once it became apparent that there might be some changes needed to the Porsche situation?
There is not now, and has never been, a third expansion. Also, global warming is real, the Holocaust happened, man walked on the moon, and Obama does not run a secret "dark state" designed to undermine Trump's presidency.

Unless one of us actually works for T10, both sides of the argument are pure speculation.

Other than our own pessimistic expectations before Hot Wheels was announced, I just don't see anything ever pointing in the direction of yet another Porsche expansion. One thing is that Microsoft and EA most likely didn't enter negotiations over another deal when considering how the exclusive Porsche license probably didn't expire overnight. Those EA will lose Porsche rumblings were popping up as far back as late 2015, which can't be a coincidence. Ultimately, I think Warren's generic words about the 356A Speedster mostly suggest that Turn 10 wasn't entirely sure how their Porsche inventory was going to be implemented in the imminent absence of the EA, and whether they would be allowed to portray a rusty beat up version of some old Porsche. Dan Greenawalt was on a trip to Stuttgart after FH3 had been released, indicating that the agreements and scope of the partnership wasn't settled when FH3 was still in development with voice recordings and so on.

VXR
Relieved to say my hard drive was in full working order and my barn find is safely being worked on by Warren.

That's a relief. I bet your pet held a grudge over the VW Rabbit not making the cut, so I hope you have forgiven the seemingly meaningless crime.

Unless one of us actually works for T10, both sides of the argument are pure speculation.
Well, no, that's not how this works, thanks to a logical concept called Hitchen's razor: "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." You are the one making assertions, without evidence, that Porsche was an aborted third expansion. If you cannot provide any evidence to support your assertions, then I can dismiss it without evidence.

Horizon 2 Expansions:

Storm Island
Fast and Furious
(Standalone)
Porsche

So far of the 4 Forza games to have expansions FH2 is the only one to have more than 2 though.

FH1:
Rally
1000 Club!

FM6:
Porsche
NASCAR

FH3 (still receiving content):
Blizzard Mountain
Hot Wheels

Plus I'd imagine if they were originally planning on a Porsche expansion we would be having a car pack this month considering that would give them one extra pack due to Porsche serving as April's pack.

Latest Posts

Back