#Forzathon: June 2017

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 151 comments
For the upcoming challenges I'm most worried about performing ebisu style for the Porsche Cayenne reward. I've been practicing jumps leading into drifts on and off during the week, but I have only triggered the skill twice out of all my deliberate and often seemingly flawless attempts. What's the secret?

Well that was fun,took the M2,Exige and Cayman for a spin in a championship,then bought me an SLS and Lotus Cortina,and the spins gave me my 250k back exactly.:)

The Cayman GTS challenge actually led me to discover a hidden gem in the car list: The TVR Sagaris. How have I never noticed this thing in my garage?!

GetPhoto.ashx

Work in progress as I await the 944's arrival :)

Got three dusted in one go. The XP culminating in 8 wheelspins was handy. Just super pleased to have the 996 again.

Used my Mercedes-Benz 300 tuned to A800 for three of the challenges at once. Here are the fruits of my labor:

2004 Porsche 911 GT3 (996)

And my emergency backup 2016 Porsche 918

Last edited:
To get me one of these, drives really well! (ppl selling for 20Mil on auctions! Wth!!?!)

GetPhoto.ashx

Are they actually selling? That's pretty ridiculous considering that this Forzathon should be long enough for everyone to at least have somewhat of a chance to get one. You would think the prices would be low since it's not something like a one day event.

I have to credit Forzathon with getting me interested in doing races and completing the game again. I had barely raced since the opening week.

Easy Fozathon!! Got both cars in one try, making a custom event with Classic racers. Man... That 918... I'm not into modern hypercars, but what a sound from that V8! And it looks as good as the Carrera GT. But the star from this Forzathon has got to be this baby:
GetPhoto.ashx

This is what a Porsche (and a real sports car) is about. Naturally Aspirated, rear-wheel drive, manual transmission, no less than 300hp, no more than 400hp. Just perfect!. And this is probably the best sounding Boxer-6 in the game so far!

Oh, and forgive the pic. Not sure how to take those gorgeous high res pics.

EDIT: I wonder when we'll get the 4-banger entry-level Porsche. Gotta have variety.
GetPhoto.ashx

I have to agree about the GT3. In Forza 6 it felt the most representative of the RR driving style, with understeer on the menu if you don't set it up properly and so in Horizon with the shallower feel it still feels the most authentic 911 experience relative to the others.

Guys, it says "complete a championship in a classic racer" to win the 911 GT3 (the new one from FM7). So what's a classic racer then? 60s...50s, pre-50s?

So what's a classic racer then? 60s...50s, pre-50s?
Those listed here: http://www.kudosprime.com/fh3/carlist.php?cartype=9

Alfa Romeo 33 STRADALE
Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2
Ferrari 330 P4 1967
Ferrari 250LM 1963
Ferrari 250 GTO 1962
Ferrari 250 TESTA ROSSA 1957
Ferrari 500 MONDIAL 1953
Ferrari 166MM BARCHETTA 1948
Fiat DINO 2.4 COUPE 1969
Ford GT40 MK II 1966
Ford LOTUS CORTINA 1966
Jaguar MKII 3.8 1959
Jaguar D-TYPE 1956
Lola #6 PENSKE SUNOCO T70 MkIIIB 1969
Maserati TIPO 61 BIRDCAGE 1961
Maserati 300 S 1957
Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3 1972
Mercedes-Benz 280 SL 1967
Porsche 718 RS 60 1960
Porsche 550 SPYDER 1955
Shelby COBRA DAYTONA COUPE 1965

Those listed here: http://www.kudosprime.com/fh3/carlist.php?cartype=9

Alfa Romeo 33 STRADALE
Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2
Ferrari 330 P4 1967
Ferrari 250LM 1963
Ferrari 250 GTO 1962
Ferrari 250 TESTA ROSSA 1957
Ferrari 500 MONDIAL 1953
Ferrari 166MM BARCHETTA 1948
Fiat DINO 2.4 COUPE 1969
Ford GT40 MK II 1966
Ford LOTUS CORTINA 1966
Jaguar MKII 3.8 1959
Jaguar D-TYPE 1956
Lola #6 PENSKE SUNOCO T70 MkIIIB 1969
Maserati TIPO 61 BIRDCAGE
Maserati 300 S 1957 Maserati 300 S B
Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3 1972
Mercedes-Benz 280 SL 1967
Porsche 718 RS 60 1960
Porsche 550 SPYDER
Shelby COBRA DAYTONA COUPE

Thanks mate! Just had a look at that link myself.

Ended up using my Elise for the Cayman GTS challenge, and of course 6 out of the 11 drivatars where driving Porsche 944's! The rest in the same Elise I was driving.

Was quite easy to get the GT3 as I just did a quick 3 race championship in my Lola T70 where I had a few close battles with a Ferrari 330 P4. Would've won all 3 races but a yellow 250 TR overtook me right at the finish line of race 2. Still won the championship and got both the 996 and the 918. Was loads of fun racing the Lola in the rainforest in the wet.

Ended up using my Elise for the Cayman GTS challenge, and of course 6 out of the 11 drivatars where driving Porsche 944's! The rest in the same Elise I was driving.

Was quite easy to get the GT3 as I just did a quick 3 race championship in my Lola T70 where I had a few close battles with a Ferrari 330 P4. Would've won all 3 races but a yellow 250 TR overtook me right at the finish line of race 2. Still won the championship and got both the 996 and the 918. Was loads of fun racing the Lola in the rainforest in the wet.

There are moments like these that just make you fall in love with Horizon 3. After trying out the dreadful NFS 2015 reboot, I appreciate the physics even more in H3. Still, I hope they will somebody consider copying/pasting FM physics into the game. That would be off the chain.

Pardon the off-topic there. :)

Guys, it says "complete a championship in a classic racer" to win the 911 GT3 (the new one from FM7). So what's a classic racer then? 60s...50s, pre-50s?
If you go to your garage and press the Y button, you can filter the cars by several categories, including class, or category. You can just click on "classic racer" and it will show you only the classic racers in your garage. Click on "classic racers" and "A class" and it will show you if you have any classic racers that are A class already. The filter button is very handy.

If you go to your garage and press the Y button, you can filter the cars by several categories, including class, or category. You can just click on "classic racer" and it will show you only the classic racers in your garage. Click on "classic racers" and "A class" and it will show you if you have any classic racers that are A class already. The filter button is very handy.

Yep, I stumbled on that actually. Was being lazy at the time... don't ask!

The challenge to win three races in A class is broken. I got the XP reward despite not winning even one out of the three races I did. Other than that, it feels good to keep expanding the Porsche collection. Cayenne, 944 and RSR to go. I might skip the latter because I decided not to buy the motorsports car pack due to lack of interest, but I'm excited to see whether the 928 GTS arrives in the July car pack.

Last edited:
Back