Four Hours: The Nürburgring 4Hr Companion & Competition

• Thread starter Famine
  • 989 comments
A very fine result von Stiefel, and you have revealed a favorable lineup. 👍

Could you find this lineup again? How much more PP do you reckon you'd need to defeat his lineup without SRF? Could you still get 5 laps of good tire wear?

Respectfully,
Steve

I spent many, many restarts yesterday attempting to find the lineup again. I often thought I had it, but something powerful always appeared at the end. I had to restart the game and go through many lineups once again before there was a very similar one, if not the very same: the CTR2 and the BNR34, but this one also including the orange Audi. I think you have to be VERY patient.

I then attempted this lineup at 420 PP, but the orange Audi started from front and stayed there: I could not catch up. And when I finally did manage to overtake him early in the lap - through sheer desperate and beastly luck - and keep the entire chasing pack bunched up behind me, the lack of active steering and ASM - both of which I had to turn off to gain the last fractions of speed needed - meant that I was sent spinning when half the pack overtook me down the Long Straight. The lack of stability was OK when I raced on my own, but the slightest nudge and off I went. For now 420 PP seems on the low side.

How much I would have to increase engine power/downforce without Skid Recovery I cannot say. A fair guess is quite a lot beyond the 434 PP. And the ability to control the car on worn tyres is almost wholly dependent on Skid Recovery. There's a lot of testing to de done. But that's where I have my fun with GT5, not so much in actually finishing races ...which unfortunately has to be done in order to reach the endurance races :-(

My notes show the following lineup may be encountered at 24th in the standard N4 sequence:

1) CT230R
2) G37
3) Art Morrison Corvette
4) 350Z '04
5) GT-R R-tune '99
6) GT-R S tune '00
7) Racer "X"
8) Option Stream Z
9) RX-7
10) Skyline R32
11) Gran Turismo Skyline
12) CTR2 <----The quickest car in this lineup starts last!

Don't forget to check the used car lot every six lineups in order not to miss any of those special beauties you want for your garage!

Respectfully,
Steve

My notes show the following lineup may be encountered at 24th in the standard N4 sequence:

1) CT230R
2) G37
3) Art Morrison Corvette
4) 350Z '04
5) GT-R R-tune '99
6) GT-R S tune '00
7) Racer "X"
8) Option Stream Z
9) RX-7
10) Skyline R32
11) Gran Turismo Skyline
12) CTR2 <----The quickest car in this lineup starts last!

Don't forget to check the used car lot every six lineups in order not to miss any of those special beauties you want for your garage!

Respectfully,
Steve

LOL! yes, this is the exact lineup I logged on now to brag about and am in the process of testing in the Honda at 178 BHP and 420 PP. The 9th lineup is not too bad either: Audi TT, CTR2 and BNR34.

At present I am half way through lap 7, the CTR2 a few seconds behind me ...but this is about to change as he will catch up with me very soon and attempt to overtake on the straights. The rest of the pack are left behind ...for now.

The CTR2 overtook me at the beginning of lap 5 - there was general mayhem as 4 cars passed the S/F line in one pack and I was sent back from 1st to 4th spot - and I almost, ALMOST, caught up with him during the 1st half of the lap. Then his much superior speed opened a wide gap, only corrected by my quick splash of fuel in the pit.

Best lap is 9:14.2 which says all.

(added later: Lap 17 I was in front when the CTR2 nudged me off the track, into the barrier ...from there into the opposite barrier ...spiralling down the track ...into a barrier ...smoke and dust everywhere. When everything had settled I was trailing by 20 seconds and it had become a hopeless job. End of race)

Last edited:
Best lap is 9:14.2 which says all.

(added later: Lap 17 I was in front when the CTR2 nudged me off the track, into the barrier ...from there into the opposite barrier ...spiralling down the track ...into a barrier ...smoke and dust everywhere. When everything had settled I was trailing by 20 seconds and it had become a hopeless job. End of race)

"From the triumph of victory to the agony of defeat."
Auto racing, even virtual auto racing, can be an uneven, up-and-down affair. Particularly when the man dreams big, and takes on the uphill challenge, which in some cases becomes steeper and steeper until even Don Quixote must reconsider his sums.

So what will we do from here? Exactly how many seconds per lap must be found ere von Stiefel can do manly battle with the Ruf, without having to resort to blocking, or other desperate measures?

Rspectfully submitted,
Steve

The 420 PP in the Honda quite simply cannot be done without blocking down the Long Straight, the oppostion being so very much faster and steadier. And I need the ASM "off" for the last bit of speed ....meaning they send me off the track at the smallest touch.

One race ...I thought I had them when I entered the pit lane at the end of lap 5, the Audi TT and the BNR well and truly sent back among the pack in humiliation. It then appeared that there were 5 (five) 6-lap cars among them who now had a free run.

I have a few more abandoned attempts behind me now. It is a life of misery.

.....One race ...I thought I had them when I entered the pit lane at the end of lap 5, the Audi TT and the BNR well and truly sent back among the pack in humiliation. It then appeared that there were 5 (five) 6-lap cars among them who now had a free run.

I have a few more abandoned attempts behind me now. It is a life of misery.

A life of misery!:):lol:

Did you ever play GT4?

After reading your recent posts, I would say that you are an ideal candidate for a 200 point race at the 4-hour Tsukuba Roadster race in GT4!

Good luck with your future 4-hour 'Ring attempts!
GTsail

Just made my 4Hr Nurburgring report what data can i add here? :)

Its ok to copy/paste a summary of your 'Ring race here, and then show the link to your entire race thread.

Respectfully,
GTsail

My race info. For full information please visit my topic: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=271099)

The Race:

For This Race I will be using RH tires.

Grid:

1º - Mine`s BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R V&#12539;spec N1 base
2º - HPA Motorsports FT 565 TwinTurbo Audi TT
3º - Amuse S2000 GT1
4º - Nismo 400R
5º - HPA MOTORSPORTS STAGE II R32
6º - HKS CT230R
7º - Ford Mustang V8 Coupe
8º- NISMO Skyline GT-R R-tune (R34)
9º- NISMO Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33)
10º - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base
11º- Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R
12º - Amuse nismo 380RS Super Leggera

Events:

L1: I started very well overtaking 4 cars in the very beggining putting me in 3º, after that I started a fight for 2º and 1º.

L2-L5: I got 1º place getting a 10 sec lead from the 2º placer (Amuse S2000 GT1) and the 3º placer (HPA FT 565 Audi TT). They were closing the gap in the GP part of the circuit and in the fast corners. Anyway, overhaul I was gaining about 2 &#8211; 3 sec per lap. By Lap 5 they both went to the pits. They were fast but I cannot remember how much time they lost.

L6: My first Pit Stop (Full Service), The Nismo FairLady and the Amuse S2000 overtaken me putting me in 3º. Right before I leave, the HKS CT 230R pits right in front of me making me down to 4º place for a short time. I went back to track with the HPA Audi TT right on my tail. I had a 10sec gap.

L7-L8: Fighting to reduce the gap. In L7 I couldn&#8217;t find any good grip since the tires were not at the right temperature. But by L8 I was flying on the track pushing my car to the Max. I recovered 2º place, 1sec away from the lead. This turned to be the fastest lap of the race with 8:46.286. I was 1h and 12m into the race.

L9-L12: At L9 I got the lead. At L10 the 2º and the 3º placer got to the pits. They had a 10sec gap before the pit stop after that they were 1minute and 10 sec away. I Pitted by L11 (full service), I left with a small 1 sec lead.

L13-L16: By L13 I had a 9 sec lead and was 2H into the race. At L15 the 2º and 3º placer pitted I got a 1:20:000 lead. At L16 I overlapped the Nismo Skyline GT-R R-Tune but not for long since I went to the pits (Full Service), left the pit with a 8 sec lead.

L17-L20: At L18 I overlapped the Nismo GT-R R-Tune, this time for good. At L20 I had a 30sec lead and then the 2º placer pitted. I was now 3H into the Race. The Problem now was the tiredness. It was already late night and I now started to make mistakes.

L21-L26: At L 21 I went to my last pit stop (Full Service), leaving with a 18sec lead. At L24 I was 30min away from finishing with a 16sec lead. At L26 I overlapped The Amuse Nismo 380RS. The 2º placer pitted giving me a 1:20:000 lead.

L27: The Last Lap. I was riding slowly and carefully. Went for the victory with a good lead.

Ending Grid:

1º - Ford Mustang V8 Coupe
2º - HPA Motorsports FT 565 TwinTurbo Audi TT
3º - HKS CT230R
4º - Mine`s BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R V&#12539;spec N1 base
5º - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base
6º - HPA MOTORSPORTS STAGE II R32
7º- NISMO Skyline GT-R R-tune (R34)
8º - Amuse S2000 GT1
9º- NISMO Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33)
10º - Nismo 400R
11º - Amuse nismo 380RS Super Leggera
12º- Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R

A life of misery!:):lol:

Did you ever play GT4?

After reading your recent posts, I would say that you are an ideal candidate for a 200 point race at the 4-hour Tsukuba Roadster race in GT4!

Good luck with your future 4-hour 'Ring attempts!
GTsail

Thanks. No, I never played GT4. I came to this miserable game from Colin MacRae and the "Dirt" series, thinking I would try my luck in a bit of road racing, and the despised GT crowd seemed exited by the upcoming game. Problem is, I have barely played any "Dirt" since.:guilty:
In fact, I seem to recall I have only been able to finish the "Dead Space" games.
But I have learned my lesson: I no longer buy the latest hyped-up games and a penny saved is a penny gained. I am much the richer for it.

Anyways: 420 PP sadly is stretching my abilities and I have accepted that I must increase power a bit, say 425 PP?

(Nor have I ever finished the Roadster Endurance race in GT 5 .....I have started several times but it always became incredibly boring after 2-3 laps and I stopped it)

Last edited:
Desiring to run my current project car in the N4, I prepare my NSX Type R with the idea of pitting every 4 laps, find a lineup of the slowest cars I can find, and hope for the best. I have not run the N4 for almost a full year, and don't quite know what to expect.

Honda NSX Type R '02
Hp: 236
Weight: 1317kg
PP: 440
Tires: Race soft
PL: 90% <---Famine, our moderator and thread patron has in the past disfavored PL values less than 95% in this thread. Clarification on this point is respectfully requested.
Aids: None except ABS 1
miles: 9630.1

Summary:
Total time: 4:00:30.566, 26 laps completed
MoV: 1:17.xxx
Fastest Lap: 9:02.733 (19)

Starting grid:
1) Art Morrison Corvette '60
2) Mine's Lancer Evolution VI '00
3) Nissan Option Stream Z '04
4) RE Anemiya FD3S RX-7 '04
5) Amuse Nismo 380 RS Super Leggera
6) Opera Performance 350Z '04
7) Dotini Honda NSX Type R '02
8) Nismo Skyline GT-R S-tune (R32) '00
9) Nismo 400R '96
10) Amuse Carbon R (R34) '04
11) Nissan Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R '01
12) HKS CT230R '08

Abbreviated race notes:
Lap 1) Drop all the way to 12th at the start, but rise to 2nd by the end of the lap.
Lap 4) Pit for tires and 15 liters fuel. Tires are worn 40%. I lose the lead to the CT230R.
Lap 6) CT230R pits and I take over the lead on the following lap
Lap 8) I pit for 15 liters, retain the lead.
Lap 16) I pit for 30 liters, retain the lead.
Lap 20) I pit for 35 liters and retain the lead.
Lap 24) I'm about 28 seconds ahead of the CT230R when I pit and take on 20 liters. When he pits, he takes over 80 liters, essentially costing him any chance in this race.

Finishing order...............................Pits lap........Fastest lap
1) Dotini Honda NSX Type R '02.......4..................9:02.333 (19)
2) HKS CT230R '08.........................6..................9:01.068
3) RE Anemiya RX-7 '04...................7..................9:07.611
4) Carbon R '04..............................5..................9:06.068
5) Nismo Skyline GT-R S-tune '00......5..................9:
6) Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R '01......5..................9:12.214
7) Option Stream Z..........................5.................9:13.325
8) Nismo 380R Super Leggera...........6..................9:11.625
9) Opera Performance 350Z '04.........6..................9:12.833
10) Art Morrison Corvette '60 ............4..................9:13.436
11) Nismo 400R '96..........................6..................9:21.284
12) Mine's Lancer Evolution VI '00......7..................9:42.508

Comments;
The Honda NSX is a great joy to drive at the Nurburgring. When well tuned, it goes flat out through all the usually scary places! My race was calm and unflustered, without overt contact with other cars. I had the upper hand at all times. Now that I have the measure of the opposition and some recent practice, I intend to run this race again with fewer performance points.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

Last edited:
A VERY nice line-up, Dotini. With never an S2000, RUF or worse!

I wish it popped up more often. Mind, the HKS CT230R is a true beastie - along with the Lexus IS F - in a race against my 5-lap Honda at 424 PP: once pit stops are out of sync I cannot block them and they soon run away with it.

At present I have suspended a race at lap 20. I entered the pit lane on 1st spot in my 424 PP Honda Integra RM a couple seconds in front of an Audi TT and a BNR34. And I have no other cars to worry about! It's looking good, knock-on-wood.

This race gave me a lot of satisfaction in many respects.
- It was all clean and fair, with no ramming, blocking, or wrecking the AI. Really hardly any touching at all.
- There was no course cutting, and two wheels were kept on the black stuff at all times except once when I went wide at Sprunghugel and another when I had trouble at Hohenrain. There were black marks left at a few corners where I slid the rear tires, but I had no spinouts. I do need an LSD adjustment.
- My car was considerably slower than my immediate pursuers. Only 141 mph was seen between Galgenkopf and Antoniusbuche. The only way to win was to drive like hell, make no really bad mistakes, and work the pit strategy to perfection.

My run is slightly qualified by the following:
- Although I did not use a concept car, race car, track car or race modified car, the normal production car I did use is widely used as a track car, and was surely designed with that purpose in mind.
- In hindsight, I could have engineered this to a lower PP value, as the MoV turned out to be somewhat generous.

Lotus Elise 111R '04
Hp: 185
Weight: 1052kg
PP: 420
Tires: Race soft
PL: 95%
Aids: None except ABS 1
miles: 11,020.1
Complete setup: upon request

Summary:
Total time: 4:01:37.223, 26 laps completed
MoV: 36.xxx seconds
Fastest Lap: 9:05.836 (Lap 14) Most of my laps are above 9:10.

Starting grid:
1) Art Morrison Corvette '60
2) Mine's Lancer Evolution VI '00
3) Nissan Option Stream Z '04
4) RE Anemiya FD3S RX-7 '04
5) Amuse Nismo 380 RS Super Leggera
6) Opera Performance 350Z '04
7) Dotini Lotus 111R '04
8) Nismo Skyline GT-R S-tune (R32) '00
9) Nismo 400R '96
10) Amuse Carbon R (R34) '04
11) Nissan Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R '01
12) HKS CT230R '08

Abbreviated race notes:
Lap 1) Drop all the way to 12th at the start, but rise to 3rd by the end of the lap, behind the RX-7 and HKS.
Lap 6) Pit for tires and 15 liters fuel. Tires are worn at least 50%. I pit from 3rd, but emerge in first because the others take on more fuel.
Lap 12) I, the CT230R and the RX-7 pit from 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I come in about 2 seconds in front, but gain several seconds as I take on only 22 liters.
Lap 16) Establishing a pattern, I pit only a few seconds ahead of the HKS and RX-7, continuing their race long tussle, but emerge with a few more seconds in hand due to taking only 32 liters of the racing petrol.
Lap 24) I'm about 9 seconds ahead of the CT230R when I pit and take on 15 liters. When he pits, he takes over 80 liters, essentially costing him any chance in this race.
Lap 26) Across the line in first!

Finishing order...............................Pits lap
1) Dotini Lotus Elise 111R '04...........6
2) HKS CT230R '08.........................6
3) RE Anemiya RX-7 '04.................6
4) Carbon R '04
5) Nismo 380R Super Leggera
6) Nismo Skyline GT-R S-tune '00
7) Opera Performance 350Z '04
8) Art Morrison Corvette '60
9) Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R '01
10) Option Stream Z
11) Nismo 400R '96
12) Mine's Lancer Evolution VI '00

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

Last edited:
Lols ...it is certainly not clean and fair when I push to the front in the first corners after start. And I block everywhere and whenever I can, or my Honda Integra wouldn't stand a chance. I also rely on my opponents to increase my speed down the Long Straight, preferably by ramming me from behind.
How you managed it in the Elise at 420 PP is a bit beyond me. Something to attempt myself.

Honda Integra Type R RM '04. 184 BHP - 950 kg - 224 PP.

I discovered a line-up without the usual S2000's, Lexus, R8 etc. Main opponents were the Audi TT ( the Orange Ugly), two BNR34's and an Amemiya RX-7 on 6 laps. Other contenders by-and-by dropped back: the Stage II R32 and the Carbon R.

Driving Line, ASM, ATC "off". Skid Recovery "on". Active Steering "mild". ABS "10". Power Level 78.6%. Racing Soft.

1. 9:16.4 - I got in front within the first 2 minutes. The initial accelaration up towards the 180 was the usual confused block and get kicked, taking the corner on the inside and finding myself in a good position to overtake the last 5 one by one. I stayed in front by a few seconds throughout the lap, crossed S/F line ahead of BNR34, TT, BNR34 and Stage II

2. 9:11.0 - and in that order until the Long Straight when BNR34 and TT overtook me.

3. 9:10.0 - 3:20 into the lap I took back 1st spot. General mayhem up Long Straight and a BNR34 crossed S/F line in front.

4. 9:14.0 - 1:30 into lap I was in 1st spot again. But back on 2nd following the usual confusion up LS

5. 9:22.8 - and early in the lap dropped back to 4th when I took a corner too fast and they got me on the inside while I was otherwise occupied. I got back into 1st within 2 minutes though. Off course, they were close and there followed tremendous battles up the Long Straight but I came out the undisputed winner and entered pit lane first.

6. 9:47.3 - 36 liters consumed, I put in 20. Exited pit lane on 2nd spot after the Amemiya who was on 6 laps.

7. 9:14.9 - Half way into lap I was 27 seconds ahead of the Carbon R. Apparently he has quick pits stops.

8. 9:11.3 - At some point I catch sight of the two BNR34's chasing on their own

9. 9:13.8 - but only at the end of the Long Straight do they catch up with me.

10. 9:19.9 - A BNR34 overtook me before the LS and there opened a wide gap. I let the other BNR34 overtake me so as to gain speed close behind him. I entered pit lane on 3rd spot ...immediately before the Audi TT who had crept up on us.

11. 9:35.1 - 20 liters. I exited pit lane finding myself trailing the Amemiya by 10 seconds, overtook him half way into the lap. 2 * BNR34, TT and Carbon R somewhere behind us.

12. 9:07.4 - A BNR34 is beginning to pop up on the mini map,

13. 9:10.4 - and took 2nd spot as the Amemiya pitted, some 15 seconds behind me.

14. 9:10.0 - At 1st CP the BNR34 was 6 seconds behind me - the other BNR34 and the TT a little more - and he only caught up with me at the very end of the Long Straight, I crossed S/F line 2 seconds in front.

15. 9:18.8 - And he closed down the final gap 5:30 into the lap. Up the LS I blocked him once and pitted on 1st spot.

16. 9:38.8 - 20 liters. 2nd CP I was 26 seconds ahead of the Amemiya who no longer was much of a threat.

17. 9:06.3 - At the end of the lap a BNR34 was trailing by 25 seconds on 2nd spot.

18. 9:09.3

19. 9:10.0

20. 9:14.6 - I pit a few seconds ahead of the Audi TT who from now on is on 2nd spot.

21. 9:something I cant decode, a pity: I know it was a very fast lap, entering every turn and corner just so. 20 liters.

22. 9:05.458 ...the best lap of the race. The exuberance of lap 21 paid dividends.

23. 9:08.6

24. 9:13.7

25. 9:17.9 - Audi TT pits two seconds behind me. Throughout the last 10 laps I was well in control of events and raced almost all of it on my own.

26. (forgot to jot down lap time) - 16 liters. The two BNR34's are still moving up the pit lane to pit when I exit. The 4-hour mark was passed 8:01 into the lap.

Final result: I, Audi TT, BNR34, BNR34.

I then had a go at the same line-up with the Honda reduced to 419 PP, and no aids except an ABS of 1. I found it impossible to enter the Nordschleife proper in a promising position. My speed was simply to low.

Right: on to the Elise.

Last edited:
A VERY nice line-up, Dotini. With never an S2000, RUF or worse!

I wish it popped up more often. Mind, the HKS CT230R is a true beastie -

If you wish to try your luck against the HKS, starting last and pitting every six laps, do this:
1) Reset console
2) Enter/exit the first race from Gran Turismo All Stars in the Expert series.
3) Now enter N4. The subject race is #2 in sequence.

Equally, I would like to try your lineup featuring the Audi TT as the quickest AI. Can you explain how to find it?

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

If you wish to try your luck against the HKS, starting last and pitting every six laps, do this:
1) Reset console
2) Enter/exit the first race from Gran Turismo All Stars in the Expert series.
3) Now enter N4. The subject race is #2 in sequence.

Equally, I would like to try your lineup featuring the Audi TT as the quickest AI. Can you explain how to find it?

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

Thanks, I'll attempt it.

Don't I wish I could find the line-up again!!!! It was a complicated series of several of the other endurance races, maybe some of them repeated. I have spent the last two days experimenting with combinations, but it seems all of them include the R8 and the S2000 Turbo, the Yellow Bird and the CTR2 backing them up.

I did hit upon driving a 414 PP Honda Integra RM though, after I took a closer look at your heavy Elise ......the penny dropped. The Honda is somewhat slow though, tyres wear out quicker, and I've had to stop a couple races between laps 4-6 when the ooposition took off. There's some work to be done. And easier opponents to be discovered.

Thanks for posting these, guys. Gives me something to read as I ride the bus :)👍

Eh, I coulda done this race a while back but I'm a bit far away from doing endurances at the moment :/

Eks
Thanks for posting these, guys. Gives me something to read as I ride the bus :)👍

Eh, I coulda done this race a while back but I'm a bit far away from doing endurances at the moment :/

Thanks ...we aim to please :-)

I looked for the above fine line-up but couldn't remember the exact procedure.
I did stumble across another one, if you please. So take a deep breath, and:

Restart GT5, and thereupon
Indy 500 * 1
Suzuka 1000 * 1
Grand Valley* 1
Nürburgring 4 hour * 30 ++. I was interrupted a few times and lost count 2nd time around.

1. Skyline GT-R S-tune
2. Fairlady Z Z-tune
3. G37
4. BNR34
5. Stage II
6. 350Z
7. Your VW '44
8. Nismo 350 RS
9. 400R '96
10. Corvette '60
11. Lancer Evo
12. Skyline GT-R R-tune

(But there happened what I was afraid of: the Fairlady Z Z-tune is too fast to start this much in front of my Honda Integra RM at 414 PP. He's off right away, and even the one time I managed to overtake him he stuck right behind me until the Long Straight - 5 more cars close behind him - when he easily nudged me off the track in overtaking. The rest of them followed him and they were off. End of race.)

Last edited:
I haven't been able to rediscover the opposition line-up with the Audi TT the strongest car.

There's one here that comes somewhat close:

1. Stage II R32
2. 400R '96
3. 350Z '04
4. G37
5. Audi TT
6. Stream Z '04
7. Your VW '44
8. Amemiya FD35
9. Fairlady Z Z-tune
10. BNR34 '06
11. Lexus IS F
12. Gran Turismo 350Z RS

The Fairlady and the Lexus start behind you ...but the Stage II (I think it is) has a regrettable tendency to run away from the front when I confront them with a 409 PP car. I'm working on it.

Procedure:
A. Restart GT 5, on to the Endurance races and
B. Nürburgring 24 * 1
C. Laguna Seca * 1
D. Tsukuba * 1
E. and finally Nürburgring 4 * 1

Could be far worse.

I haven't been able to rediscover the opposition line-up with the Audi TT the strongest car.

There's one here that comes somewhat close:

1. Stage II R32
2. 400R '96
3. 350Z '04
4. G37
5. Audi TT
6. Stream Z '04
7. Your VW '44
8. Amemiya FD35
9. Fairlady Z Z-tune
10. BNR34 '06
11. Lexus IS F
12. Gran Turismo 350Z RS

Looks pretty good. 👍 I'd like you to run this without suspending and save the replay. If you can, please verify the best lap for each car and when it pits, in addition to the total time and margin of victory. Maybe you should try it at 419 before you try 409, and try not to block or interfere too much with the AI during the data collection. It is an interesting lineup!

Respectfully,
Steve

Last edited:
Looks pretty good. 👍 I'd like you to run this without suspending and save the replay. If you can, please verify the best lap for each car and when it pits, in addition to the total time and margin of victory. Maybe you should try it at 419 before you try 409, and try not to block or interfere too much with the AI during the data collection. It is an interesting lineup!

Respectfully,
Steve

Will try. Will try. I'll probably botch some of the data collection though. And I very much doubt I can win without interfering most brutally with the AI cars at these levels of PP - at least with my GT 5 abilities, as I am the first to admit I have given up on the Specials and Licences from sheer lack of success.

Which strikes me as rather odd: I happily race some of the Endurance races again and again and again, but striving to Gold the AMG driving academy reduced me to desperate frustration. Not to mention the NASCAR cones ....grrrrrrrrrr.

(Edit: Power levels below 95% seem to frowned upon ...I have to go looking for other cars. The Honda Integra and Toyota 86 need replacement)

Last edited:
(Edit: Power levels below 95% seem to frowned upon ...I have to go looking for other cars. The Honda Integra and Toyota 86 need replacement)

If you like working with the Integra RM and GT86 Concept, the N4 95% PL preference shouldn't dissuade you from doing so. It's not really a Post #1 Rule, and may currently be under review by its author. We use 85% minimum PL, by rule, in the Grand Valley 300km and Laguna Seca 200mi threads.

Post #1 should inform you of many cars and PP levels that have successfully been used in the distant past, under obsolete physics and tire wear paradigms. But these may have significantly reduced relevance now - or not. We don't know. The very recent 2.10 update seems to have the potential to further scramble PP values across the the whole spectrum, but that is a developing matter.

Please keep doing whatever it takes to finish races, gather trophies, collect data, and accumulate the experience required as the foundation for greater mastery of the game.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

Here's a nice one, a pretty nice one. An excellent one in fact!

1. Carbon R
2. G37
3. Option Stream Z '04
4. BNR34 '06
5. Skyline GT-R R-tune
6. Gran Turismo 350Z RS
7. Your VW ´44
8. BNR34 V-spec
9. Skyline GT-R S-tune
10. Lancer Evolution
11. Stage II R32
12. Corvette '60

Now ...may I see some groveling :-) The more the sooner I tell you how.

N4h Jan 16, 2013

M3 Coupe '07
362 hp, 1655 kg, 465 PP
90% Engine Detune
RM Tires, All Aids Off including ABS-Off

Grid
Amuse S2000 GTI '04 - BL 8:48.797
Opera 350Z '04
Corvette '60
Is F Racing Concept ' 08
Skyline GT-R S-tune (r32 ) '00
AEM S2000
M3 Coupe '07 - BL 8:50.863
Fairlady Z Z-tune (z33) '03
BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 Base '06
RUF CTR "Yellowbird" '87
400R '96
Mine's Lancer Evolution VI '00

L1 - Quickly climb to 3rd, passed by "Yellowbird" halfway through lap, finish first lap 4th 9:15.263
L2 - Z Z-tune catches by carousel but stays on my bumper, m3 remains 4th down
28.272 on leading S2000 - 8:58.290
L3 - Z Z-tune right on my tail entire lap, catches and passes on Dottinger Hohe, "Yellowtail" pits - M3 4th 36:137 back of leader-8:59.850
L4 - Start to catch back up with Ztune who had gotten a bit of a gap going - lightly brush Armco just before Adenauer-Forst but no big time lost - My first and only real crash incident of race. In Ztune draft down Dottinger Hohe. IS-F pits. M3 3rd 40:358 back of leader - 8:58.290
L5 - Stay near Ztune on GP circuit, about 4 sec behind when we enter Nordschleife, I follow him entire lap, we both enter pit at end of lap five.
I take full fuel (57l) but get out ahead and essentially end the Ztune's chances of 2nd place. Now for the leader... M3 exits pits 4th (IS F Racing Cocept and RUF "Yellowbird" pass but they are of no concern in long run). M3 42.633 back of leader at start of pit stop - 9:05.223
L6 - Cruising along alone with Ztune a ways back, chasing down "Yellowbird"
who's tires will be failing soon. I see in the replay as I watch lap 6 that it has sustained a couple of damaging impacts already. It pits end of lap 6 - M3 3rd 36.010 back of leader - 9:45.991
L7 - Nismo Z tune is catching again but not a major threat. M3 3rd 43.890 back of leader - 8:55.890
L8 - Nismo Z tune is right on my tail again running just over 6 seconds faster than M3 during last lap. M3 2nd 47.739 back of leader - 8:57.086
L9 - Nismo Z tune slowly falls back. Catches again at Dottinger Hohe - M3 2nd 51.801 back of leader - 8:59.816 - I am a little concerned so start to step it up from this point on
L10 - Nismo Z tune is just off my tail after running just over 2 seconds slower than M3 during last lap. We both pit and its the last I see of him -
M3 takes on 35l - M3 3rd (IS F 2nd but will pit) 51:453 back of leader who has also just pitted - 9:02.919
L11 - "Yellowbird" tearing it up begins tailgating pretty hard, passes on final straight but crashes from 3rd to 4th at end of Dottinger Hohe. -M3 3rd (IS F 2nd but will pit end of 12) 31:168 back of leader who has also just pitted - 9:32.634
L12 - "Yellowbird" slowly fades as tires fail. Start to catch IS F as his tires are fading. Pass him just after Ex-Muhle. M3 2nd 35:765 back of leader 8:53.961
L13 - M3 2nd 40.100 back of leader 8:56.800
L14 - M3 2nd 40.578 back of leader 8:57.226
L15 - Lap Nismo 400R at Dottinger Hohe - Pit and take 65l - M3 2nd 37.565 back of leader 8:59.958
L16 - IS F on my tail again due to my pit delay. M3 2nd 31.133 back of leader 9:48.103
L17 - M3 2nd 36.165 back of leader 8:53.829
L18 - M3 2nd 37.861 back of leader 8:54.110
L19 - M3 2nd 37.525 back of leader 8:56.406
L20 - M3 1st 33.287 ahead of leader who pitted - M3 stays out 8:59.119
L21 - I'm in first! Tires are a bit weak and slow me down. S2000 gains back ground quickly on me as I slide through 6th lap on worn tires.
Under a 1/4 tank of fuel remains when take my final pit stop at end of lap.
I grab 65l and I'm out in 2nd . M3 2nd 14.291 back of leader 9:05.637
L22 - The final laps are under way and a bit of a gap to make up. M3 2nd
43.004 back of leader 9:48.438
L23 - M3 2nd 42.341 back of leader 8:50.863 (scorcher!)
L24 - M3 2nd 36.800 back of leader 8:53.374
L25 - M3 takes over the lead as S2000 pits. M3 1st 28.017 ahead of leader 9:05.637
L26 - Start with tires around 50% bars and 28.017 lead. Need to complete final two laps ahead of streaking S2000 who now has fresh rubber! M3 1st 27.080 ahead of leader 8:54.867
L27 - Super nervous about a race ending crash on slippery tires but... Finish 1st! About 13 seconds ahead of S2000 who was catching fast on last lap! M3 Coupe '07 1st 13s ahead of Amuse S2000 GTI '04 - 9:04.949

Drove somewhat conservatively the first half or more and then was able to grab a few extra seconds per lap when it counted. A great race!

Last edited:
Nice win kmkp and great first post! 👍 Just one point - if you'd only taken on board the fuel you needed - rather than fill up each time - you would have won by a much bigger margin. That tactic comes in handy when it's a tight race. ;)

Back