FPM: Championship Season 3 planning

• Thread starter Forcone
  • 548 comments
B Class has a 15 second Lead. ( We may need to increase this as I can catch up to the B class usually before the first few turns).

Maybe easier to look at B-class laptimes, take half of that time and put that as the delay.. But what's wrong with starting at the same time? We probably blast by them before they know it!

Well if we were going to start at the same time it would only make sense to have R2 cars in front. I like the idea of b class starting 15-20 seconds ahead to make things a bit interesting in R2 with having to work around b class.

Yeah we got to try that out, if that's possible to put R2 on the first row.

Also, I think we have to make some unwritten rules about passing the slower cars. Any ideas? Maybe the easiest option is let B class go their way, they don't have to pay attention to us since we are already so fast we can easily work our way around them..

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, but shouldn't B class start first since it will take us longer to finish the race? R2 won't have to wait as long for B class to finish that way.

The length of the race won't change so we have to wait before or after, or a little bit before and a little bit after..

To answer Wiggs' question. You can start either class in front. Its totally optional. Having b class start first only makes sense if we put at least a 15 sec delay on R2 so things dont get too bottled up at the start.

I don't think drivers in R2 will necessarily need to wait at then end. I think as soon as your done you can leave and your results will still be recorded or at the very least a saved replay will still verify finishing positions.

That didn't work out. I thought Chris tested it a few days ago and the race stopped as soon a the clock ran out of time.

So Forcone can only take part in a few races and Fezz can't race at all. Our top 2 finishers from last season....that's just not right. :banghead:

Ok. How about this. Each week we alternate. First week Friday 11am est, then the next week we do our normal Saturday 1pm est. Also I will add 2 races to make 10 total with only top 5 results counting???

Ok. How about this. Each week we alternate. First week Friday 11am est, then the next week we do our normal Saturday 1pm est. Also I will add 2 races to make 10 total with only top 5 results counting???

At least that way I could participate "fully", if there are no sudden excuses to not to participate. 👍

Only thing is, how many drivers per race do we lose this way? In other words, is it fun racing with like 3 cars total in the same class...?? Just an observation.

edit: I didn't take the time to count how many players were unavailable on the old time, 1pm est Saturday, but I guess it wasn't that many? So this would not be a problem then?

I think the only one that was really unavailable on the old time (Sat 1pm est) was Jimbo. Allot of us are available for both times so both the race times should still be pretty active still.

On the starting grid of the races..........If I read this thread right the R2 class will start first before the B Class. If it is done this way then the R2 Class will not have to jocky for position around the slower B Class cars..Which I thought was a major factor in having a multi class race. If the R2 cars lead off they may never pass a B Class car...Just an opinion

On the starting grid of the races..........If I read this thread right the R2 class will start first before the B Class. If it is done this way then the R2 Class will not have to jocky for position around the slower B Class cars..Which I thought was a major factor in having a multi class race. If the R2 cars lead off they may never pass a B Class car...Just an opinion

I'm sure B class will be lapped by the R2 cars either way.

Well the plan is actually to have b-class start first and also get a 15 second head start on R2. Either way B-class will get lapped. With the the head start they will be sure to get passed at least twice and on some occasions it's possible it could be 3 times.

Hey Wiggs, you shouldn't have left when Hamster and I were going to do some drifting. Man I suck so hard :lol: Really no idea what I was doing..

Hey Wiggs, you shouldn't have left when Hamster and I were going to do some drifting. Man I suck so hard :lol: Really no idea what I was doing..

Ha ha, you know I don't drift at all. No way you're worse than me at drifting, even with your new wheel. :embarrassed:

Ha ha, you know I don't drift at all. No way you're worse than me at drifting, even with your new wheel. :embarrassed:

No really, I don't know what I'm doing :lol: Everything just feels so weird, everytime I spin out or kill the drift by over compensating :boggled: And I can't use the e-brake now so have to do everything different..

Back