FRAG's MX-5 TC ONE-MAKE Season1 [SPA FRANCORCHAMPS TONIGHT!]

  • Thread starter Thread starter GODfreyGT5
  • 579 comments
  • 25,230 views

Series 1 Track Selection [8 votes each!]


  • Total voters
    17
  • Poll closed .
Alright, ok..

Another thing is there needs to be Cautions for illegal blocking...
 
Yeah, that's all part of marshalling.
 
Can we also have cautions for stupid tyre warming? And space - no one gives anyone a bit of room on the lap. At the end of course close up, but really right after the start?? Really annoying, you gain no advantage for doing this!
 
The SC will be going slow enough towards the end for any one to catch up space. The MX-5's do need some throwing about to warm the rears so weaving is accepted, as long as their speed is consistent.
 
Chris - you should update the OP about me being Professional Pace Car Driver for this series!
 
A few tips for the Safety car:

I am using a safety car in my series (sort of, the lead car actually becomes the safety car under caution) and the rule for deploying said safety car is that the incident must contain 2 or more drivers, or if a single driver has crashed and is having trouble getting back to the pits with the racing pack closing in on them. If you have an off and damage your car by yourself, no safety car. So far this has worked well for us, in today's race we had two caution periods. Everyone knows what they need to do and they went very well.
 
Yeah pretty similar. Any crash that causes a big loss to 1+ inocent driver will bring it out. This is needed for this series due to the dramatic pace lost when out of slipstream.

Testing session tonight

Again, everyone try and get there, especially those who weren't last time. I need to see you drive.

I will put multiple polls up throughout the day to narrow down the final track list for the series.
 
I wont be able to make it...going to watch racing in mondello and wont be back til like 10 :)
 
Whan do the reserves ie me and gik69 find out whether we are required or not?:indiff:
 
ROOM TONIGHT OPENS AT 5:00 GMT

Reserves will find out if they have a space on the night of race 1, to fill spaces of those who have not turned up or cannot make the race.
 
ROOM TONIGHT OPENS AT 5:00 GMT

Reserves will find out if they have a space on the night of race 1, to fill spaces of those who have not turned up or cannot make the race.

Okey will put my practice on hold then.:D
 
I'll be on for a few Hours. :3
 
room's up!
 
Last edited:
Im back early so il join if its still up :)

PS3 just turned itself off :( so i have to let it cool incase it gets YLOD shouldnt tho as its a slim
 
Last edited:
Ok so the lesson you will need to learn is, be cautious behind me when I'm leading the pack behind the safety car then. I think it adds to the occassion if I can slow or speed the pack as I like.
 
Could we Try Spa and Tokyo next? :D
 
Im back early so il join if its still up :)

PS3 just turned itself off :( so i have to let it cool incase it gets YLOD shouldnt tho as its a slim

Thats VERY strange, because my PS3 60 GB (fat one) turned off while we were all practicing on Friday. Just like yours. And the next day it was gone. Got myself a new slim PS3 and luckily I saved my data on a memory stick. I'm back up and running again. Wonder if its the new patch:dunce: Had to unscrew my old PS3 to get my GT5 disc out. :grumpy:
 
Mines fine now (250GB slim) it probably shut it self off so it wouldnt overheat
 
When will we get track/vote list?
 
when hell freezes over!

No idea :)
 
Testing room 7:00 GMT

Track list! [Poll Results]

SPA Francorchamps 14
Grand Valley East 13
Laguna Seca 12
Nurburgring GP/d 9
Indy Road 9
Monza Full 8
Fuji F 8
Suzuka full 8
 
Last edited:
S***.

Didn't even know a poll was up! Ah well can't complain, no city tracks which is good!
 
When is the Series Officialy Starting? Next Tuesday?
 
Will be on in a sec :)
 
I think next Tuesday yes (week tomorrow)

That gives me time to finalise the lap count and the order for each track.

Also I am still yet to see GTP_akmuq race, as he has been absent from every test session!

Not sure if I've seen bdubclub or not :/.
 
I think next Tuesday yes (week tomorrow)

That gives me time to finalise the lap count and the order for each track.

Also I am still yet to see GTP_akmuq race, as he has been absent from every test session!

Not sure if I've seen bdubclub or not :/.

If it makes a difference, I'd be happy to vouch for bdub... Raced with him in a couple of series, he's good people.
 
Quick note about MONZA, is everyone happy that I switch it to the no chicanes version? as running with that first right-left is purely brutal in any series.
 
Ok Cool, I might not be on tonight or tomorrow night, but I can make any day after hand ;)

Just a few Quick Snaps of Testing. :3

6905043553_04acf2c161_b.jpg
MX5 TC INDY​

6905046923_6eda4b0b6b_b.jpg
MX5 TC Suzuka​
 
Last edited:
This maybe a silly question, But why do we need False Start Check if we need to wait for the PACE CAR??:dunce:
 
Was realised already today ace, but thanks for bringing it up ;)
 
Back