FRANZ AutoART

• Thread starter franz
  • 553 comments
The Chapparal shot is beautiful. The reflection in the fender is one of the best I've seen from GT4. The callaway shot is simply amazing. If I didn't know better I wouldn't have guess it wasn't from a next gen racing game.

Beautiful and inspiring work yet again Franz!

YO FranZ!
It's been awhile... Still putting out the top quality stuff eh! Good to see!
I am truly impressed that you find those wicked POV's and light those cars like you're standing trackside.
Still think you should get yourself a wicked camera (with long lens) and get out and shoot for real. I tend to think you'd be good at it. 👍

Cheers!
The Toad.

U never lost the touch of doing beautiful shots Franz!!!
Update more if U can:tup:
:cheers:

That Chaparal shot is a stunner, it's so simply executed and yet it works well on so many levels it's nothing short of amazing!

The reflections are one thing, but the overall lighting and the shading are quite another. If I'm honest, I didn't really like the Callaway shot much due to the heavy noise levels and the harsh body panel lines. Plus next to that Chaparal anything would pale in comparison.

Thanks for the comment everyone! The Chapparal shot seems to be a huge success. I agree with Moglet about the Callaway which I am not quite satisfied with the reflection because I just smudge them randomly like they are in motion. Anyway here comes a new update with my another photoshop adverture.

Latest Entries

these new updates are great. specially the pearl effect on the saleen (?). the lighting and the contrast are great.i'm really out of words to be honest,
all i can say is i love your work and is something i aspire to everytime i see. hope to see more from you man!

the drawing effect reminds me when i used to sketch cars when i was a kid! that's awesome!!

Each of these shoats are simply awesome. That formula gt shot looks damn sweet with the nice reflections and the great bright colours. The rally duel is just one of the coolest corner blur shots I have seen. It's a winner for me. Also the creative comp entries are cool. 👍

What a great detail the subtle curved blur of the rally cars battle! And what an amazing hole of the F1 air intake so well cleaned. And what an amazing conversion of the original Porsche image into another much more interesting!

Last chops are more than I was expecting from that competiton! You opened my eyes LOL

Salu2.alexwrc

Well...all of them are very beautiful, specially the Automotive comp. ones!!!
Love the nice capture on the Formula GT shot, thats a hole alright:)
The Rally shot, thats what I call a very cool battle shot, great quality!!!
The Porsche...very creative indeed, well done!!!
Lovely sky on the last shot, thats art Franz!!!
Congrats!!
:cheers:

I really love seeing those Automotive Creative Competition entries again, also I like the first shot.

When I came to GTPlanet 2 years ago, I saw your work and I thought "this guy is a PS god", and nothing has changed in this time, only you have competition now :D

The Formula pic is amazing and the rally battle has interesting touchs, keep them coming!!

I am totally in love with the FGT scoop Franz. You have an amazing talent. Not many people can dream of making some of the things you're doing work so effectively. :cheers:

the s4 is stunning! superbly clean, as is the formula GT, the reflectons are ace, congrats on your latest update!

EDIT: Woohoo post 500!

set01_04.jpg

____________ ____________ ____________ ____________ ____________ ____________
Thankyou very much for the comment. I decided to make this update a bit special!
This is my first presentation for my latest works. Hope you like it
:)

Verry Nice Franz. I really love that NSX something special with it. i think is the LIGHTs. Another special one is the swift. I love the simplicity of that photo. looks verry artistic too. A verry nice presentation 👍

:bowdown: Franz :bowdown:

All are trully brilliant. What can I say, it's evident! I personally enjoyed 3 of them the most. The Pescarolo has very spectacular effects with those colors and lights. Firstly I was going to vote to the TW entry, another awesome one, but at full res you photo caught my eye! Once again you was able to merge hard editting keeping the photoreallistic look of the image, wich I have to say I love.

The 205T16 is also great! All soft colors and light balance caugth my eye again! I only could puntualize the side burn of the car, what I think is a bit overdone. I don't know if you added it or it was the car itself, but I didn't feel very confident about the brightness of that (Acourding to the rims e.g.). Anyways that shot is a killer.

The next one is the Swift. The detailing of the car, including those so subtle and cool reflection touches over the car body, is stunning. I loved the way you changed the sky color combining it perfectly with the car and the overal tone look! That's a good idea again mate. The most important it's not weird, all things are so well balanced and integrated... showing changes with a top notch quality. Finally, the "poster format" of the image is definitely interesting.

I'm now researching in the focal blur... related to your Elise pic. It's a well known difficult efect to merge in GT pics. I don't know, even I don't feel confident adding lens blur to any kind of photograph. I think the Sejtur's R8 had a very interesting feature in the background to use in lens blur to make it more real! I have to try that.

That's a good idea to do new experiments I guess, so I'm waiting for that crazy polar thing you know. Experiments and more experiments... just GTP labs :D

Salu2.alexwrc

The pescalaro is just fantastic. I haven't seen much like it although it doesn't seem to be such a unique angle at first. But it is, nice finding.

For the NSX picture, I really like the composition here. For the visible eye, there's not much done in photoshop either. Though the backlights of the car look very very real. Looks very good 👍

The Peugeot looks very good as well. There's just a little rough edge between the 2 back wheels. The colors are very nice and easy on the eye. It's all in all beautifull.
I know you're out for perfection and cleaning up as much as possible, but just don't think that the rough edge is critisism. I couldn't care less lol, you'll see them all over the place in my gallery.

I don't like the Elise really much though. Looks like a rushed job. I'm sure it isn't, but the only thing really standing out here is the blurring, not the car. And that was done a little...careless if you ask me. So that's why the only thing standing out here ruines it a bit for me. It doesn't smoothly transferr across the depth of the picture.

Though it still stays a beautifull car!

The Swift, lol I only seem to focuss on the emptyness between the car and the title "Suzuki". A weird effect anyways.

I personally love the Lancia cause it's just such an awsome car. Nothing seems to be wrong about this pic, but it isn't too flashy either. That's something I can really appreciate lately :)

Very nice update.

Verry Nice Franz. I really love that NSX something special with it. i think is the LIGHTs. Another special one is the swift. I love the simplicity of that photo. looks verry artistic too. A verry nice presentation 👍
[empty space];2708788
i voted for the elise, nsx, and lanica so that should tell you something 👍

Thanks for the praise ... really appreciated 👍

:bowdown: Franz :bowdown:

All are trully brilliant. What can I say, it's evident! I personally enjoyed 3 of them the most. The Pescarolo has very spectacular effects with those colors and lights. Firstly I was going to vote to the TW entry, another awesome one, but at full res you photo caught my eye! Once again you was able to merge hard editting keeping the photoreallistic look of the image, wich I have to say I love.

The 205T16 is also great! All soft colors and light balance caugth my eye again! I only could puntualize the side burn of the car, what I think is a bit overdone. I don't know if you added it or it was the car itself, but I didn't feel very confident about the brightness of that (Acourding to the rims e.g.). Anyways that shot is a killer.

The next one is the Swift. The detailing of the car, including those so subtle and cool reflection touches over the car body, is stunning. I loved the way you changed the sky color combining it perfectly with the car and the overal tone look! That's a good idea again mate. The most important it's not weird, all things are so well balanced and integrated... showing changes with a top notch quality. Finally, the "poster format" of the image is definitely interesting.

I'm now researching in the focal blur... related to your Elise pic. It's a well known difficult efect to merge in GT pics. I don't know, even I don't feel confident adding lens blur to any kind of photograph. I think the Sejtur's R8 had a very interesting feature in the background to use in lens blur to make it more real! I have to try that.

That's a good idea to do new experiments I guess, so I'm waiting for that crazy polar thing you know. Experiments and more experiments... just GTP labs :D

Salu2.alexwrc

Thanks for your lengthy comment. For the Peugeot 205, I think I have overdodged the rims to enhance their 3D look, so as the tire walls. Therefore the brightness of the side of the car was like that in original. The Elise was full of gaussian blur, same way as Alpha did his recent photos. Sejtur's method is a bit innovative, I am so tempted to copy him :lol: Anyhow, I should have credit you for all these lighting skills. I actually learned a lot dodging and burning from your works. Editing GT4 photos is getting more like rendering a drawing sketch to me 👍 The polar thing may be the next update, but I already know it is no simple task.

The pescalaro is just fantastic. I haven't seen much like it although it doesn't seem to be such a unique angle at first. But it is, nice finding.

For the NSX picture, I really like the composition here. For the visible eye, there's not much done in photoshop either. Though the backlights of the car look very very real. Looks very good 👍

The Peugeot looks very good as well. There's just a little rough edge between the 2 back wheels. The colors are very nice and easy on the eye. It's all in all beautifull.
I know you're out for perfection and cleaning up as much as possible, but just don't think that the rough edge is critisism. I couldn't care less lol, you'll see them all over the place in my gallery.

I don't like the Elise really much though. Looks like a rushed job. I'm sure it isn't, but the only thing really standing out here is the blurring, not the car. And that was done a little...careless if you ask me. So that's why the only thing standing out here ruines it a bit for me. It doesn't smoothly transferr across the depth of the picture.

Though it still stays a beautifull car!

The Swift, lol I only seem to focuss on the emptyness between the car and the title "Suzuki". A weird effect anyways.

I personally love the Lancia cause it's just such an awsome car. Nothing seems to be wrong about this pic, but it isn't too flashy either. That's something I can really appreciate lately :)

Very nice update.

Thanks Niels 👍 NSX one has crap loads of subtle editing. I am surprised I still manage to keep it natural to eyes. For the peugeot, I will be more careful next time when doing the wheel, since I am no expert in jump shot :P The Elise was done on my iMac, it was screwed up when I checked back on my PC's CRT. Only way to fix it was adding glow, too bad!! The suzuki is quite an experimental style. My first thought was to add some clouds on the sky that they look like the letter of S U Z U K I, but heck that's too much work for these non-sense :lol:

SICK!!!!!

those photos spell ownage in every step of the way. now i feel proud that i was able to battle with that peugeot pic even though i didn't win. still my favorite photo of all time. always a great pleasure visiting here. i hope to see more from you. and if you dont mind, i would like to invite myself to a request, though you dont have to, but i would like to see what you can do with an integra DC2 in action. you dont have to though. i know you're busy. just curious what my favorite car would look like in your hands:D

The Elise and NSX-R are some of your best pieces of late, because of the lighting and colours.

The Swift and NSX shots left me speechless, they really did. I love the photo of the Swift for it's minimalism and the way the colour balance makes what would have been an otherwise standard shot into something that really stands out as fresh, original and creative. Something which you're very good at.

The NSX photo I loved purely because of the lighting. It really gives me an early morning feeling, like I've just woken up and decided to go and take photos of the rear of an NSX! It's not difficult to see how you beat me straight off the mark in the tournament. Where my shots are rough and full of contrast, yours are balanced and clean. Which I much prefer any day!

I think I already commented on almost all of these shots in their comps, but still is a pleasure to see them again.

They all have their own individuality; Pescarolo for simplicity and realism, NSX for the perfect change of scenery with the light, 205 for scenery blur and perfect contrast on the car, elise for car's 'shininess' (if that's a word) and artificial focal blur, Swift for tone mastering and composition, and Stratos for, well... it's good but for no special reason. It's just good. :)

Keep on delivering these masterpieces, they're all eye candy.
I mean, except on the tournament's final, for that do something quite average. :lol:👍 j/k!

Awesome work, franz.

Back