Freakishly good cars

• Thread starter savage388
  • 31 comments
United States
Johnstown PA
SAVAGE_388_
Has anyone noticed that certain cars handle unusually well straight from the dealership such as the r35 GT-R or the premium nsx. It is almost like pd did this on purpose because most of these cars are Japanese.

The NSX's excellent handling has been well documented. And the GT-R is supposed to be one of the easiest cars in the world to drive fast. So, yeah.

Personelly I think PD are biased towards cars from there own country as im sure if the game was made in the USA we would have more American cars with better handling or UK/Aus etc. But having said that there are a few non Japanise cars that drive well Italia 458 to name one.

458 Italia? 430 Scuderia? Both amazingly easy to drive stock for 500+bhp.

Neither of them Japanese.

The GTR is easy to drive because of it's 4WD system and it's in-built driving aids. The NSX is a well balanced car and an amazing chassis, but it's also easy to drive partly because it doesn't have that much power.

ACR Viper is easy to drive too. The ZR1 and Ford GT and the like are understandeably, very difficult to drive.

I really don't understand all the talk about PD being biased towards Japanese cars in terms of performance. The two often brought up cars, the NSX and GTR, are well-known for their amazing handling, yet people here still go around ranting that they're unrealistically good.

On topic, the Ferrari 458 and F430 are also amazing cars, considering how powerful they are.

I feel its kind of obvious that PD would have a little bias twords their own cars. If gt5 was made in the usa I can bet every model of mustang would be there lol

The 2010 Camaro is outstanding in stock form..and don't even get me started on it's unbelievable handling once race modified! But I'm sure that topic has already been beaten to death...:crazy:

I remember that in GT4 through data files somebody found a "grip" flag (or something along those lines), and certain cars had it set to more than 100%. I believe that some cars receive "premium" treatment from PD and perform better than in real life. It's not that PD could be sued however, there's a disclaimer when you boot up the game stating that cars might differ in performance than real life...

Premium renault clio v6....drives on rails in racing tune..and unnaturally predictable as a drift car(considering the mr layout and short wheelbase)...there's not much by french manufacturers that I deem as worthy of my attention...but maybe because of the Nissan heart it gets transplanted..... I feel jdm-loyal...lol

Jedi2016
AHAHAHAAA!!!

Hang on, I gotta catch my breath...

AAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

:dopey:

+1...I guess the only way american cars could have better handling is by an ultra-sensitive right foot...power oversteer will compensate for the fail of a front suspension..haha

SHIRAKAWA Akira
I remember that in GT4 through data files somebody found a "grip" flag (or something along those lines), and certain cars had it set to more than 100%. I believe that some cars receive "premium" treatment from PD and perform better than in real life. It's not that PD could be sued however, there's a disclaimer when you boot up the game stating that cars might differ in performance than real life...

That doesn't matter because there's a video of PD employees driving the cars to model their handling, PD does a great job on almost every car consisting of 500,000 polygons, ( besides the sounds of certain cars) because it takes them 6 months to model each car.

... and I can almost guarantee they gave the R35 an unfair edge. Polyphony was contracted to make the display in the R35 and has strong ties to Nissan (hence the use of them in every competition). As for the NSX, it is an excellent car, and as a mid-engine vehicle, will have supernatural handling with racing soft tires. Doesn't matter if it's a first gen MR2 or a Ferrari, they have an initial advantage only limited by grip. Once they have nearly no grip limit they have nearly perfect handling.

That doesn't matter because there's a video of PD employees driving the cars to model their handling, PD does a great job on almost every car consisting of 500,000 polygons, ( besides the sounds of certain cars) because it takes them 6 months to model each car.
You're reporting PR babble.
That has nothing to do with PD potentially giving unfair advantage to certain cars thanks to fudged grip modifier values as seen in GT4.

Kinda loving the 905. It sticks better and seems to be more stable than the other LMP/Class C cars. And that whine is great too.

But for sound alone, the 787B is cool just to listen to. Like a hive of angry bees...

... and I can almost guarantee they gave the R35 an unfair edge. Polyphony was contracted to make the display in the R35 and has strong ties to Nissan (hence the use of them in every competition). As for the NSX, it is an excellent car, and as a mid-engine vehicle, will have supernatural handling with racing soft tires. Doesn't matter if it's a first gen MR2 or a Ferrari, they have an initial advantage only limited by grip. Once they have nearly no grip limit they have nearly perfect handling.

Well to be honest, the GTR is actually an unbeliavably fast car, and can lap faster than any of its rivals around the track in real life. It's an excellent work of engineering.

may I suggest the twin brothers, gallardo and R8. Impressive and easy to drive for its AWD

One more thing, lets not forget the LF-A which superior in 500-600pp class

I personally think the Falcon XR8 handles pretty good. quite easy to get good lap times and very fun to drive. Thats coming from a HSV fan. I do wish we had premium commodore and falcon supercars just to even it up a bit.

I finally took the time to fully modify the premium Lotus Elise. 'Freakishly good' is an understatement - this car is amazing! My new favourite, and it wins the British Lightweight Seasonal with ease - I was lapping cars!
Key was rear wing with max downforce, racing suspension with ample toe and camber (especially at rear) and racing softs. Try it.

The Nissan GTR is slower than some of the better cars in the game (i.e. those it has to compete with in real life, the ZR1 for example). The car has a lot more grip than its RWD competition due to the advanced 4WD system. A comparable car for grip would be the Evo X, but that has much less power (And in this game, has some FFB issues which makes it harder to drive than it should be with a wheel) If you increase the power and tune the suspension on the Evo (Or the new Impreza for that matter), you get a car almost as grippy and pointy as the GTR.

So much GTR hate, but when on the limit it's not actually that fast if you know how to drive less grippy but more powerful cars because of it's lack of top end power and it's understeer in the high speed corners. Short gearing and a turbo designed to keep it's power through all of the rev range means it seems like it's more powerful than it is.

If you find hard proof in the game code that it's unfairly favoured, then fair enough. But you just have to accept that this car is just as grippy in real life too.

Back