Free car?

• Thread starter FosterG
  • 30 comments
Nope. I'm not sure what the deal is. I thought they were supposed to go out over two weeks ago.

Got mine back on Nov. 2nd, the email subject should be: "Get an Audi to drive in Forza Motorsport 5—on us.‏"

Check your spam/junk folders. If you are using gmail, remember there are tabs now for promotions in the inbox, check those tabs.

I got one. I offered it a couple weeks back. It's an r8 with a livery(same one we saw on the CF/chrome focus ST) with a wing and front spoiler and painted stock wheels.
So if you're in the US and you want it...lemme know.
Actually, I heard the codes are account locked, though I've heard that before.

Contacted Ms and was told that not every paying customer would get one, how bout them apples?
It has to do with having your account set to receive "spam" from M$ and partners. So whether you bought the game or aren't even planning on it, and you've played FORZA games before you'll receive it.

Just got another even better car emailed to me!

Got this:
Unlock your bonus car.Use the code below to unlock the 2011 McLaren Forza Motorsport 12C with special livery and tuning package. Your code can be redeemed any time beginning November 22.**

I wonder if folks who did not order the LCE are being awarded randomly cars that are in the LCE, that might explain it.

I wonder if folks who did not order the LCE are being awarded randomly cars that are in the LCE, that might explain it.

This has to do with preorders. I have the LCE ordered and got 2 of each of the cars as they sent one of each to my son's account which uses my email too. There are plenty of guys on the Forza forum that got them as well and don't plan on getting FM5 or X1. They actually said it may only get to you if you have your account settings to accept promotional offers from MS.

Can't see it being linked to pre-orders, not sure how it's possible to know what email addresses have pre-ordered or not

No problem greekbull, I have spoken with a couple of MS people over the last two days and they both are saying it's random. They give no reason why random comes more than once for some people though so I am not going to lose any sleep over it. With all the hubbub over car counts and track counts and wheel compatibility and other things, my only concern now is whether I even get an XboxOne on launch day, so no worries over here. Just hope I don't have to live vicariously through some of you guys. :dopey:

I am happy to take one, if there is any spare codes going around. However I do not know if the code will work on a Xbox One from the UK.

I have received two emails from MS:

Get a McLaren to use in Forza Motorsport 5—on us.
Get an Audi to drive in Forza Motorsport 5—on us.

I also got the McLaren one as well. Not sure how this is determined, perhaps if you are registered and post on the official Forza forums. I'm sure there is a topic on this there as well.

I should point out, these cars only add to the 'Buy Car' menu, much like the car DLC, that's all.
The only cars you get to your garage are from Forza Rewards and (assuming) the gifted cars for VIPs.

The reward cars are the only ones you do not have to buy, I made tier five after release day, so I did not get the gift P1 :crazy: either.

Back