Free Usable EDGE UPC for FREE GT5 DLC *E-MAIL RULES CHANGE*

I really hate U.S only things, the U.S seems to get all the good DLC's while other nations like japan, europe and australia get left behind.

ADPG-GBNG-DKNF
It didnt work, and really want that car badly.

To be fair, Europe got 3 Exclusive Stealth Cars, The Chromeline Jaaaaaaaaag, and the GT-R Stealth. Japan got 3 free DLC cars for Christmas. This is the first "exclusive" DLC the americas have gotten. But yea, it seems as if Australia is always left out.

Thanks for the code, BigMackAttack.

It kind of bothers me though, that all of the "DLC" cars are already on the game disk.. 100kb for a whole car. Lol. I wonder what other cars are there but we're not allowed to use yet.

Thanks for the code, BigMackAttack.

It kind of bothers me though, that all of the "DLC" cars are already on the game disk.. 100kb for a whole car. Lol. I wonder what other cars are there but we're not allowed to use yet.

It uses existing models that could've been loaded onto the game from a previous patch. It's not like PD has fleets of untapped cars and are waiting on us to empty our wallets before releasing the good stuff. (You know... like Forza)

It uses existing models that could've been loaded onto the game from a previous patch. It's not like PD has fleets of untapped cars and are waiting on us to empty our wallets before releasing the good stuff. (You know... like Forza)

Yes, that 1 gig update had to have stuff like this in it

My ps3 won't even go to the correct web page no matter how many times I enter the address (no keyboard so entering takes a while).

Can I do it on my laptop and put it on a thumb drive?

My ps3 won't even go to the correct web page no matter how many times I enter the address (no keyboard so entering takes a while).

Can I do it on my laptop and put it on a thumb drive?

Put what on your thumb drive? You get a 12 digit code to enter into the PS store.

in Spanish GT5, the car does not work, even though you downloaded from a U.S. account

Sorry for my english, i'm using google translator

I can confirm this.
Created an US PSN account in Germany with a German copy of GT5 and it does not work. After I had downloaded the Camaro, it never showed up in the game.
(I don't even know where it has to appear, but it was neither in the garage, nor as a gift ticket, nor can it be found in the dealership)

If one tries to download it with a German (and presumably with any EU account) it only says that the code is either wrong or has expired.

I assume it's not possible to trade to a European account?

I can confirm this.
Created an US PSN account in Germany with a German copy of GT5 and it does not work. After I had downloaded the Camaro, it never showed up in the game.
(I don't even know where it has to appear, but it was neither in the garage, nor as a gift ticket, nor can it be found in the dealership)

If one tries to download it with a German (and presumably with any EU account) it only says that the code is either wrong or has expired.

I assume it's not possible to trade to a European account?

Nope, you can't. Just like the Gamestop Nascar.
Well, I have all stealth, all chrome and the GT Academy Special Nissan. Much better than the ugly Camaro or Gamestop Nascar. However I would prefer having the same cars in all regions.

C-Monkey
Actually I bought it yesterday. Honestly, all the people who have been trying to get something for nothing since GT5 was released are urchins. Really no getting around that. Go with it if it works for you, you'll just be judged accordingly. Clearly you get off from everyone thanking you, etc so I'm sure the next chance you get to help others take advantage, you will.

When/If the stealth cars are made DLC, NO WHINING from the collector's edition folk about exclusivity or paying extra initially/pre-ordering or whatever. All of you just threw that argument out the window.

No worries because the Stealth cars aren't going to be DLC. If they were I'm sure they would be by now. Also this is a way different case. The point of the Edge contest is really advertising, and to get PS3 gamers out buying edge products, or at the least to make consumers aware of the Brand, and I'd say it worked because we all Signed up at edge.com and will not get bombarded with promo offers and such. So it's a win win on both sides. I know you felt special For about 2 minutes but that's all over.

How's this for a good laugh:

Anybody see the eBay auctions for this car?

Yes, there's already eBay auctions for this car.
:lol:

(I won't post a link to the auction, in case it violates the AUP in any way. It's easy enough to go to the site on their own and search for 'Gran Turismo 5'.)

I found this to be the best part - in the first auction I pulled up is the statement:
Please do not copy my description and use it in your auction. I take plagiarism seriously and will report anyone caught stealing.
:boggled:
:irked:
:grumpy:
:dunce:

Hey, as PT Barnum said, there's a sucker born every minute.
Just glad it wasn't me.

Peace...

I´m in Mexico... US GT disc.. US PS3... but Spain (EU) account... will it work? ... also i have US account but my main GT is the one from Spain... also wanna know if i can trade from my US account to the EU (plan B)... hope someone knows... and thanks btw for the code! (free stuff nom! :) )

I'm in Mexico with a GT5 disc and PS3 from US but playing with a spain PSN account (EU)... also i have other PSN from US... but i would like to know if the car will be on both accounts... if not... can the car be traded??? ... i hope ... btw thanks for the free stuff

I really hate U.S only things, the U.S seems to get all the good DLC's while other nations like japan, europe and australia get left behind.

ADPG-GBNG-DKNF
It didnt work, and really want that car badly.

Other than this car, exactly what does the US get that nobody else gets? Besides the couple preorder cars, as far as I know of, this is the first GT5 related DLC for the US.

We just started getting free paints for logging into the PSN after the most recent update, while other countries have been getting them since the start. And most of the Stealth cars couldn't be obtained in the US at all.

Japan getting left behind? Are you serious? It's their game!

Everyone has been getting free paint chip since the first patch, except that there was an error and you only got the message for x amount of museum cards but you were also getting the same amount of paint chips.

The US got GT Academy too.

Other than this car, exactly what does the US get that nobody else gets? Besides the couple preorder cars, as far as I know of, this is the first GT5 related DLC for the US.

We just started getting free paints for logging into the PSN after the most recent update, while other countries have been getting them since the start. And most of the Stealth cars couldn't be obtained in the US at all.

Japan getting left behind? Are you serious? It's their game!

Actually, I've been getting the free paints as part of the daily logon bonus (along with the Museum cards) at least for a while - can't say exactly when it started. It was just the notification window that was updated with one of the last two patches.

Yeah, both Japan (and maybe other parts of Asia) and Europe (at least a good portion of it) have had access to region-specific content either for free or for next to nothing long before we in the US are getting this Camaro. I could never get the Lambo that was given to some folks as a holiday present, or the Jaguar that some folks could get for going to a Facebook page, simply because of where I live - even though I've played GT5 just about every single day since launch.

What I really want, though, is much more additional content then this one Camaro.

(That's my $0.02 contribution.)

Peace...

Got it last night !!

thanks for this nice looking car !! I was not expecting a Premium car !!

Will give it a spin tonight !!

as for the paint colors, I have been receiving them for a while, I'm 99% sure I started receiving them since day one, between 5-6 every time I logged in, once per day (along with museum cards)...

I now have the color collector trophy !!

Back