French Seasonals

• Thread starter discspeed
  • 124 comments
What does "yawn" mean in french? Another recycled a-spec race de merde. This is now getting old very fast. Merde!

I believe that yawn in french translates to "Stop moaning just cos you've not got the race you wanted"

I'm happy with this seasonal, gives you chance to try a few cars you may not have tried, or had reason to try. Good fun courses too.

Looking forward to adding piles of cash money bags of CR to my portfolio tonight after....work , oh I suddenly don't feel so well.. I .. au revoir!

Renault Sport Lutecia Renault Sport Trophy V6 24V Race Car '00 , you're about to add 100,000KM to the odometer.

Last edited:
Looking forward to adding piles of cash money bags of CR to my portfolio tonight after....work , oh I suddenly don't feel so well.. I .. au revoir!

Me too....cough cough!! I think there is a bug going around. Don't wanna pass it on to my work colleagues so best to "work from home" tomorrow..cough cough again ;-)

just finished them in a renault clio - lots of fun:) thanks PD! Prizemoney ranges from 101k to 123k.

LOL, I went the same route last night in my Velocity Red Mica Clio. I think it was a pretty fun seasonal.:dopey:

They should have put Cote d'Azure in this. That is French enough to start with, and I don't like the PD-created tracks

It appears the AI is running on sports hards, not C/S as claimed.

Since everyone just laps them with a monster, I guess not too many care.

What's everyone using?

I've done the first 2 with the boggo premium 207 (390pp), but with sports soft.

Might swap for sport med, as I'm making 1st in about 4 1/4 laps. I started on comfort soft, but most of the cars are quicker in a straight line and you can't make anything in the corners.

I have done them all twice now, once in a 206 rally car and once in a xsara rally car... both with sports hards and 500pp! and the xsara kicks the 206 rally cars ass on laptimes! fun fun fun!!!

It appears the AI is running on sports hards, not C/S as claimed.

Since everyone just laps them with a monster, I guess not too many care.

LOL this is the second time they got this wrong... I remember pulling my hair out trying to beat the Lambo races with a stock Murcielago on S/H while the AI's were actually using S/S.

I used to race monsters on all the seasonal events. Now I tune a car down so its roughly the same PP as the opposition by limiting engine power and often taking off the turbo/supercharger if it has one.

Since I started driving with a wheel and pedals 3 months ago I found you don't need power but grip and consistency. Carrying speed all the time slows you down if that makes sense.

I completed the French events in my Clio Trophy Cup Car it was easy but still a right laugh.

Why is everyone griping about the type of races and the cars eligible?

Perhaps you should go do the 24hr A-Spec Races and stop moaning - its free.

I have done them with a stock Megane Sport 08, hard sport tyres like the AI. Lot of fun.
Sounds like a good fit.

Had to tune my 207 to 410pp and drop in a close ratio 6 speeder to win the last 2 races in the end.

Might go again in the 'ass' car.

Good news is, while I was racing the UCD cycled 4 cars I didn't own.

Still not the BMW F1 LM tho ...

I am using the Hommell Berlinette RS Coupe 1999. A little twitchy but quite fun mid-engine rear drive layout. Mine is tuned to about 420PP and winning is easy as long as I don't spin.

I'm not a big fan of the car selection for this one. Surely I'm not the only one noticing the super-sensitive braking on these cars, even with the brakes set to something super low like 2/2?

I am using the Hommell Berlinette RS Coupe 1999. A little twitchy but quite fun mid-engine rear drive layout. Mine is tuned to about 420PP and winning is easy as long as I don't spin.

I used my max modified Hommell, added about 43 kg ballast to rear to reach 500 pp. Car isn't nearly as twitchy this way. Very easy to win on race soft. Car is an A-spec trophy car just had to pay for modifications.:sly:

Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 -1 Lap CR: 119,000 XP: 16,200

with Clio Renault Sport V6 Phase 2 '03 you can grind it under 4:20

sweet :)

Last edited:
I had so much fun in the last race, Mt. Aso, with the 207 GTi premium (177 hp) on comfort soft. I really had a blast with my dfgt until I got first on the last lap. So awesome to drive! Why don't you guys post the ride/spec you used to have a bit of challenge with these seasonals? AI uses sport hard, it's always a step forward compared to what the seasonals description tells you. Liars!!!:dopey:

Why don't you guys post the ride/spec you used to have a bit of challenge with these seasonals? AI uses sport hard, it's always a step forward compared to what the seasonals description tells you. Liars!!!:dopey:

Let's make one ;)

Hommell Berlinette - completely stock, comfort softs. No room for mistakes.

Peugeot 207 GTI, no changes whatsoever. Produces very tight racing and all 5 races are possible to win without any changes. It's very hard to win the 1-lap at Le Mans without cutting the final chicane though, and the Mt.Aso race is tough, because there can be an A110 Alpine ahead which is pretty fast.

Peugeot 207 GTI, no changes whatsoever. Produces very tight racing and all 5 races are possible to win without any changes. It's very hard to win the 1-lap at Le Mans without cutting the final chicane though, and the Mt.Aso race is tough, because there can be an A110 Alpine ahead which is pretty fast.
Impressed at this - what tyres were you using at La Sarthe? Mind you, it's not like there are that many corners to make up time, in relation to the straights!

I did the first 3 totally stock, but had to drop in a close ratio box and an ecu for the last 2.

Didn't cut the chicane tho...

I'm not a big fan of the car selection for this one. Surely I'm not the only one noticing the super-sensitive braking on these cars, even with the brakes set to something super low like 2/2?

:)I have noticed many French cars do tend to have sensitive brakes IRL, especially the Citroens with hydraulic suspension. As I understand it they have a pressurised resevoir of fluid to serve the brakes and suspension, so when you press the brake pedal it opens a valve to operate brakes, rather the usual master/slave cylinder arrangement. It also means when you raise/lower the suspension with the lever by the handbrake that the brakes don't work for a while, hahaha.

Also, I don't suppose that there is a Citroen SM in the game? Love those.

Impressed at this - what tyres were you using at La Sarthe? Mind you, it's not like there are that many corners to make up time, in relation to the straights!

I did the first 3 totally stock, but had to drop in a close ratio box and an ecu for the last 2.

Didn't cut the chicane tho...

I won with totally stock 207 gti Mt. Aso, just set brake balance to rear 5/7 and asm was set on. Even versus alpine 110. Gave it a try at Le sarthe with a 205 Turbo 16, but was vwery hard to handle on comfort soft, especially while braking at high speed. Think I'll swap to sport hard and try to win.

Back