French Seasonals

• Thread starter discspeed
  • 124 comments
My 406 modelled off the Taxi films... 356bhp tyre-smoking fun...

Someone else using the 406 I see 👍

I modified my 406 to produce roughly 356hp as well and I agree that it's actually fun to drive, even with the copious amounts of smoke emitted by the front tyres.

I've tried lots of different cars citroen c4, peugeot 207, renault avantime, alpine 110, peugeot 106 rallye, most were medium to full tuned with crap tyres for challenge and all off except abs=1. Avantime was the most fun full tuned looks so unmajestic lol

205 Turbo 16, not modified (409 PP) on Comfort Soft.

Breakpoint is about twice as far away from any corner as for every opponent, but this thing just pulls itself through every turn, on every surface. Give full power, opposite lock and watch all 4 wheels going deep into the red.

Mt. Aso is nice and easy (1st in 3rd lap), as is Rome (same), Autumn Ring more difficult than I thought (only managed 2nd so far). A little bit afraid of Sartre, on the straight the 205 is usually all over the place... will try tonight.

I love the 205 Turbo 16! It's lots of fun!

Also de 106 Rallye is lots of fun with a little tuning.

I'm using the Renault Clio race car, its a beast, doing consistant 1:18.xxx on Autumn Ring.

Grind Mode Engaged.

106 rallye and 205 Turbo 16 are crazy fun for this event.

The last track is great in this seasonal. The course really feels European.

Had anyone else not seen the last track before?

I'm currently level 33 Aspec, and I thought I had run on all possible tracks. I was very surprised when a Mt Aso?? popped up.

I assume its an option for the created tracks.

I hear a lot about maxed out clios, pugs and avantimes (!!), but where are all the stock Hommell drivers? Buy one from the OCD and fling it round Mt Aso if you don't know what I mean.

Not the same old Grind,
As of this morning I hit 4,559 days of playtime. I've kind of grown tired of doing the same race time after time, day after day. So imagine my surprise when I realized I could win $119,000 in about 4 minutes doing one lap at Seasonal Event Race ( Sarthe) . It took a few experiments but I ended up using the PEUGEOT
COUPE' 406 3.0 V6 '98. I have maxed it out @ 353HP -317ft/lb torque 1269 kg. 489 PP.
My best lap is 3:59.357. So that's over $29K per minute. My question is, What have other people finished the French race in? Car&Time?
Currently 130,665.50 miles and loving it, HOSSMCGILLICUTTI

I hear a lot about maxed out clios, pugs and avantimes (!!), but where are all the stock Hommell drivers? Buy one from the OCD and fling it round Mt Aso if you don't know what I mean.
Personally, I like to drive relatively "obscure" or "improbable" cars (like the Renault Avantime) rather than purposefully built sports cars. The PP system enables such choices.

gotta say, thank you PD for this Seasonal! never had so much fun, and all 5 races are great, very good earners, and pretty good training courses as well. i find a tuned up A110 or a tuned down Clio Cup to around 450PP are great training cars for RR and MR skill refinement.

keep 'em coming PD, looking forward to more fun like this. 👍👍

I might be trying this again try this the Avantime. Beat it with the Clio. Gotta love the PP restrictions on these events. The engine restriction is just perfect to get it on par with the regulations is just where it should be. Though it wouldn't hurt if they went lower next time to make it more interesting.

(no sexual innuendos intended)

Last edited:
I might trying this again try this the Avantime. Beat it with the Clio. Gotta love the PP restrictions on these events. The engine restriction is just perfect to get it on par with the regulations is just where it should be. Though it wouldn't hurt if they went lower next time to make it more interesting.

(no sexual innuendos intended)

You just gotta love politeness and irony combined... (your profile pic+disclaimer=LOLZ)

I too really like this seasonal. Like a lot of others, I used the Clio set to 452 PP, with sport hard and had a blast! Toughest was Autumn Ring, passing 11 cars in 3 laps was a bit tough for my poor driving skills but I did manage to get into first at the last corner and won by 0.8 seconds.

I also had challenges on Mt.Aso as a couple of the AI's ended up totally side-ways right in front of me, one on each of a right and left turn. A couple of t-bones, and dropping to last place, but still managed to pull out the win with just over 1 second margin.

I have done them all twice with the Clio, now to want to try something else, like my Hommell!

I too really like this seasonal. Like a lot of others, I used the Clio set to 452 PP, with sport hard and had a blast! Toughest was Autumn Ring, passing 11 cars in 3 laps was a bit tough for my poor driving skills but I did manage to get into first at the last corner and won by 0.8 seconds.

I also had challenges on Mt.Aso as a couple of the AI's ended up totally side-ways right in front of me, one on each of a right and left turn. A couple of t-bones, and dropping to last place, but still managed to pull out the win with just over 1 second margin.

I have done them all twice with the Clio, now to want to try something else, like my Hommell!
have you tried a slightly perked up A110 yet? kinda wonky at first, but once you get her right it's a bit like a toned down Yellowbird (just a bit). brake carefully heading into turns... slow in fast out just like the P-cars. that will test your racing skillz much more than the Clio... very few mistakes allowed if you keep it around 450PP.

have you tried a slightly perked up A110 yet? kinda wonky at first, but once you get her right it's a bit like a toned down Yellowbird (just a bit). brake carefully heading into turns... slow in fast out just like the P-cars. that will test your racing skillz much more than the Clio... very few mistakes allowed if you keep it around 450PP.

Agreed on the Alpine A110. That's what I used, stock hp, and sport soft tires. A lot of fun, and challenging, it will light up the SS tires. La Sarthe was the only nail biter, didn't take the lead until right before the finish line.

Just did the first 3 races with the A110. Lots of fun! And your right, not many mistakes allowed with that one. Good hints on the slow in/fast out, that works real well for that car. Once I got the hang of it, it seems to handle better than the Clio. Need to try at Le Mans to see if it has the speed to keep up. After the controller re-charges :)

Not the same old Grind,
As of this morning I hit 4,559 days of playtime. I've kind of grown tired of doing the same race time after time, day after day. So imagine my surprise when I realized I could win $119,000 in about 4 minutes doing one lap at Seasonal Event Race ( Sarthe) . It took a few experiments but I ended up using the PEUGEOT
COUPE' 406 3.0 V6 '98. I have maxed it out @ 353HP -317ft/lb torque 1269 kg. 489 PP.
My best lap is 3:59.357. So that's over $29K per minute. My question is, What have other people finished the French race in? Car&Time?
Currently 130,665.50 miles and loving it, HOSSMCGILLICUTTI

Do you drive straight line high speed through the final corners to cut time? If yes, you owe PD $29,000 / minute. :P

Hommell Berlinette is awesome fun to drive... just throw it into the corner and you can pretty much drift around any corner... haven't tried the drifting in the game yet, not really my thing, but this car makes me think I might give it a go!

I think this is what the seasonals are really about, jumping in the more obscure cars that otherwise wouldn't get touched. :)

Hommell Berlinette is awesome fun to drive... just throw it into the corner and you can pretty much drift around any corner... haven't tried the drifting in the game yet, not really my thing, but this car makes me think I might give it a go!

I think this is what the seasonals are really about, jumping in the more obscure cars that otherwise wouldn't get touched. :)

ok i gotta try it now... been looking at the thing but not wanting to spend credits. it's on my list now, tho.

I'm currently using my Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS 05 tuned to just over 200HP @ 410PP and I'm having a blast with these seasonals.

@ 10Ten and Trainman

Agreed on the A110, tuned up about 170bhp (about 450 pp) I used Sports Softs to not have to fight it all the time, even so you have to be real smooth and you can still feel the back end trying to visit you.

Even with SS tyres I found it a fairly challenging and satisfying drive, and certainly no easy win.

The C4 1.6 '02 is fun. Tune it up and throw some SS's on it. It takes a bit to get use to the fact that it can feel like a brick on wheels in the corners sometimes...but it's a fun ride.

Latest Posts

Back