Friday Night Fun | Sept. 15th | Nord Track Day | Open LobbyPC 

• Thread starter Wiz
  • 1,388 comments
Just a heads up, I don't have a mic setup right now ( headset won't keep a charge ) so I won't be in Teamspeak.

Just got home and getting everything ready. Server should be up and running within 10 minutes or so.

Thanks for the fun, I'll need to get a new headset for next time.

Wow, can't believe how much faster that car is when you let the tail out on corner entry and exit ( mad slip angle grip ). Unfortunately I couldn't do this constantly, but with practice I bet a 1:08.XXX could be done. Handles like a big go-kart.

Thanks for hosting again @Wiz. Great battle in that last race Brandon, I do believe that's the best, most consistent run I've from you, well done:cheers:. Only a minor bobble here and there and nothing big enough for me to capitalize on:tup:

I'm happy running in the low 10's once in a while and @carracerptp is talking about :08's:lol: Did you do any tuning Carr or were you running stock?

Thanks for hosting again @Wiz. Great battle in that last race Brandon, I do believe that's the best, most consistent run I've from you, well done:cheers:. Only a minor bobble here and there and nothing big enough for me to capitalize on:tup:

I'm happy running in the low 10's once in a while and @carracerptp is talking about :08's:lol: Did you do any tuning Carr or were you running stock?
I was stock everything ( fuel as well ) but I had to raise the ride height a bit because it was telling me the ride height was invalid ( the "invalid setup" thing ).

I never did make it to 8 anything but my fastest lap was a mid 9 and I was leaving .35 in the first section. So with some cleaning up I figure 8 is doable.

That was intense, Guess my practice paid off (and the new wheel). :D I really like this car a lot, best I could muster was a low 11.

Thanks for hosting Wiz, good stuff.

Hello Gents, OK, so I've got AC up and running. I would love to jump into online mode with ya'll! What "skill level" settings are you using for aids when online? ABS Only? No traction or stability control?....etc. Any recommendations on how to most effectively improve my driving pace in offline mode? Thanks in advance for your replies! :)

Hello Gents, OK, so I've got AC up and running. I would love to jump into online mode with ya'll! What "skill level" settings are you using for aids when online? ABS Only? No traction or stability control?....etc. Any recommendations on how to most effectively improve my driving pace in offline mode? Thanks in advance for your replies! :)

That is a good question, I was running ABS OFF and TC OFF in the Ginetta. Not sure if I had TC off in the GT3 race, I think I did but I'm not sure ( don't remember ). So far I have found TC to be slower in AC but I haven't done much testing. I definitely had ABS OFF.

In any car I've used offline, I drive with the factory settings. With the AC Cobra or and older cars that means noABS, heel and toe on the shifter, no other aids, etc. With newer cars I go to the paddles and turn ABS on if it's available, with autoclutch and throttle blip but with no other aids. Other cars are somewhere in the middle. Online aids are up to the host so you'd have to ask @Wiz what setup he's using. I didn't have ABS on for the Ginetta on Friday so I assume Wiz had it set to "factory" although you might be able to override that with the keyboard, not sure. Not sure how that works to be honest.

I practice or hotlap with the worst tires possible. If a car comes with era specific tread, that's what I use. If you can learn to control the Cobra, Yellowbird, F40 or any car on it's native rubber, it's usually a piece of cake to drive on the stickier stuff and it's my impression you will more quickly pick up the more extreme attributes of the car that way. Of course in preparing for a race I'll use the race rubber to get a feel for the car at it's stickiest.

I practice or hotlap with the worst tires possible. If a car comes with era specific tread, that's what I use. If you can learn to control the Cobra, Yellowbird, F40 or any car on it's native rubber, it's usually a piece of cake to drive on the stickier stuff and it's my impression you will more quickly pick up the more extreme attributes of the car that way. Of course in preparing for a race I'll use the race rubber to get a feel for the car at it's stickiest.

This X1000

The key is not only learn how to control a car on those tires but to actually be able to put in solid laps hitting all the apex, good lines, and consistent lap times. Not just a drift show.

I usually use Factory settings on abs but always have tc off. Sometimes I use auto clutch and auto blip, sometimes I don't, depending on the car. I don't have a shifter but I can still lift and blip like I would if I had a shifter (and it has the same effect) which adds a bit of fun and keeps my feet busy.

What track condition do we use? I usually practice on Green or Fast. I wish we could turn off the shortcut penalty, it's too harsh IMO. But I guess since it's an open room it's probably best left on.

This X1000

The key is not only learn how to control a car on those tires but to actually be able to put in solid laps hitting all the apex, good lines, and consistent lap times. Not just a drift show.
What?! Now you tell me:sly:

I'd have to double check to be sure, but I'm quite certain I have everything set to factory, with autoclutch & blip allowed.

I believe that Johnnypenso is correct in that ABS & TC can still be toggled on/off with the keyboard commands, if desired.

I'll definitely join too if I remember and I'm not busy. Is Teamspeak required or no?
As Carr says, not required, but if you're worried about setup it's not hard. All you need is the headset and to download some software. Of course if you don't have a headset or don't want to use it it's ok, there's always the chat window:tup:

@kcheeb & @ProjectWHaT Yes please join us!

For anyone else reading that's on the fence.... hop in! Everyone is welcome.

For now everything is quite casual. Come on out and have some fun. :)

I plan to be there tonight, only turned a few laps so far but I'll try to get some practice in after work.

only turned a few laps so far

Same here. I ran a few laps the day I tested and posted the specs and haven't been able to go back since.

I don't drive this car much either so I'm hoping I won't be too much of a hazard tonight. :lol:

I tried the Exige on Imola yesterday and I hate how MRs feel in this game. I also don't know any of the braking points lol.

Hmmm, sounds like the qualifying sessions will be my get adjusted session. I typically need a little more seat time for MR's, we don't get along that well.

I've spent a lot of time at Imola, it's a fun, demanding track!

See you all tonight!

I was surprised at how much the Lotus didn't feel like a MR, it was really stable and seemed hesitant to spin. The steering is incredibly light though, I had to crank the FFB up 25% just to get it where it didn't feel like the wheel was broken.

Back