Friday Night Fun | Sept. 15th | Nord Track Day | Open LobbyPC 

• Thread starter Wiz
  • 1,388 comments
I was surprised at how much the Lotus didn't feel like a MR, it was really stable and seemed hesitant to spin. The steering is incredibly light though, I had to crank the FFB up 25% just to get it where it didn't feel like the wheel was broken.

I must be doing something wrong? For me the car is hard to drive.

I must be doing something wrong? For me the car is hard to drive.

Probably because you're able to take it near the limits and I'm not. Or it could be that I get very little sense of speed from AC so everything seems tame and stable, 150mph feels the same as 50mph. I did about 8-10 laps, the only time I spun it was when I locked the brakes in the first turn on the first lap. Think my best lap was around 2:08, but there's lots of room for improvement because I was just getting familiar with the car and not trying to lay down a cracking lap.

Thanks for the races, was good fun!

Apologies for my mis-start, completely missed the brake point and left myself with no way out :dunce:
Gotta figure out how to start too, brutal.

See you next week :cheers:

I had fun last night deciding to join you guys on a whim. I was very inconsistent since i haven't really played AC in a while on top of a track i've barely driven. I was popping off low 2.02's one lap, but would follow it up with a 2.10 lol. I plan to join you guys next week depending on how prepared i am for the iracing 24hrs of daytona practice race the next day. All in all good fun though racing with you guys. Sure beats driving against the AI.

When does next weeks track get posted so i can get some practice in ahead of time instead of coming in cold.

Last edited:
When does next weeks track get posted so i can get some practice in ahead of time instead of coming in cold.

Sorry guys I had a busy weekend.... my goal is to get the next event posted on Sundays. Unfortunately I ran out of time today so expect to see something tomorrow. :)

OP updated with this Fridays specs. It's a car that doesn't seem to get used much so I wanted to give it a shot. I enjoyed what little testing I was able to do today. Hopefully I'll find some time this week to get in some practice.

I'd like to thank everyone again for coming out Friday. That was easily our biggest field to date. Had a few issues with some lag and some open lobby morons but overall I think it went pretty good. I know I had fun and I hope y'all did as well. :)

Due to said morons, we'll be putting a password on the lobby this week. Lesson learned.

I'll get the passwords posted either late Thursday or early Friday.

Good choice:tup: I'll throw in a recommendation for the NSX mod for a later race. The car is very stable and driveable, and should make for some good racing as well.

Good choice:tup: I'll throw in a recommendation for the NSX mod for a later race. The car is very stable and driveable, and should make for some good racing as well.

Almost too stable, for a MR, but nice. The new Camaro is pretty nice too, probably one of the better mod cars I've driven.

Wait what :lol:?

Here ya go.

Screen shot 2015-01-13 at 1.36.46 PM.png

Crap, wait, that's something else entirely..................

Not sure I can make this Friday's Event, but hope to make a few going forward.........👍 Hey, quick noob question though, the Ferrari P4/5 Competizione.............is there a way to actually use the rear view mirrors in this car rather than just glancing backwards?

Not sure I can make this Friday's Event, but hope to make a few going forward.........👍 Hey, quick noob question though, the Ferrari P4/5 Competizione.............is there a way to actually use the rear view mirrors in this car rather than just glancing backwards?
Changing your FOV and/or seating position might work but it could also make the car tough to drive. You can also try the look left/right buttons. Triple screens:sly:

@TheKitten and others, Yes! This event is open to any and all members of GTP... please join us!

Thanks for the suggestions too guys. I do plan on using the NSX and the Camaro in the near future.

Speaking of the NSX, I haven't had a ton of time to play around with all 4 versions... is there one that's better than the others?

Me and my friend Johnnie Walker are planning to be there. The P4/5 is a fun car, tamer than I expected it to be (since I expected it to have a strong desire to visit grass/sandy areas) and easy to place right where you want it. Should be fun. :cheers:

The P4/5 is a fun car, tamer than I expected it to be (since I expected it to have a strong desire to visit grass/sandy areas) and easy to place right where you want it. Should be fun. :cheers:

I havnt driven it yet... well ever. I wonder what it will feel like.

I havnt driven it yet... well ever. I wonder what it will feel like.

I found it quite nice. I expected it to be a bit unwieldily but I had no problem pushing it hard and being consistent, it felt very planted and really enjoyable to drive. Probably one of my favorites in the game now. I think my best lap after 20-30 minutes of practice was a mid 1:16.

Wrong combo, I went to Magione for some reason. :dunce:

I was thinking the same.. I was like wait something not right here.. :lol:

Edit: I quite like the P4/5 the handling is quite nice. Great corner exit, as well -> entering the corner. I really like it.. But i hate how the powerband is.. It feels like forever before shifting into another gear..

Last edited:
Back