• 1,388 comments
3 years ago today was the first FNF

AxA32KM.jpg

Wiz
3 years ago today was the first FNF

AxA32KM.jpg
holy ****, really?

Well done, Wiz!

I hope to be able to join this Friday, as my son is now gone back to Florida for the start of school. He's starting high school, damn the time has flown by (not really).

In related news, the kid decided to grow taller than his father at only age 14.

When I get home ton
Wiz
I'm not going to be able to race tonight, sorry.

I think a few of the guys said they might try to get together on SRS - http://www.simracingsystem.com/

I can't tell if the times listed there are in GMT or EDT or what, do you have any idea? I'll probably jump in one around 8pm EDT if anyone wants to join. I presume it's ok if we use the FNF TS channel?

EDIT: I'm thinking it's showing in my time zone, so that would be GT4 at Paul Ricard at 8pm EDT.

Last edited:
No FNF but me and Mister Dog are going to do a SRS race in about 45 minutes. Feel free to join, we'all be in the FNF Teamspeak server.

Wanna do something at Road America?

This probably wouldn't get a big crowd because of double mods, but there's some new karts and kart track mods on RD that apparently are pretty good. I've not tried them yet, could be fun though.

Wanna do something at Road America?

Yes! Good idea.

It'd be kinda neat to duplicate one of the support series. Either Porsche Cup or Super Trofeo? That said I'm open to anything as long as it's racey.

This probably wouldn't get a big crowd because of double mods, but there's some new karts and kart track mods on RD that apparently are pretty good. I've not tried them yet, could be fun though.

I like this idea. Only need a few guys for karts so even if it's just us regulars I think it'd be fun. I'll schedule this one soon.

Lamborghini's at Road America?! :eek: Awwww, yeah! 👍 I'm going to have to see if I can sneak away from the lil lady. I was just driving the Huracan ST two days ago. Driving terribly, but still driving! What's the best way to fake a case of ebola? I can't just jump right in with the advanced stages, like bleeding from every orifice or she'll know I'm lying...then it's game over.

Lamborghini's at Road America?! :eek: Awwww, yeah! 👍 I'm going to have to see if I can sneak away from the lil lady. I was just driving the Huracan ST two days ago. Driving terribly, but still driving! What's the best way to fake a case of ebola? I can't just jump right in with the advanced stages, like bleeding from every orifice or she'll know I'm lying...then it's game over.

You've got to come race with us! For reals this time!! :D

I like to say the Hurcan Super Trofeo, was the biggest pain in the :mad::mad::mad::mad: to drive. It was very squirmy, and needed to be gentle with it. It literally wanted to kill you, it is very squirmy, and after you over heat the tires, you might as-well park on the side of the road and take a beer...

Once I got a decent tune on it, I actually quite liked the car. But by the time I had it figured out, the server went wonky. I hope I can figure out what the hell is wrong with my network as I really don't want to rent a server again. With taking weeks off for racing at RD & stuff, we're only using FNF a couple times a month so it just seems like a waste of money. Maybe I'll just rent a 16 slot server to save a few bucks.

Speaking of racing at RD, not sure if anyone else is premium over there but if you are, please consider signing up for this race - http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gt2-e-vir-friday-august-25-2017.139733/

Unfortunately that means no FNF next week.

I agree, it wasn't so bad with some added wing (and PSI). I don't know what the problem is ;)

I've been thinking of getting RD premium to get in on some of those races. How clean is it usually and are they always that long?

I've been thinking of getting RD premium to get in on some of those races. How clean is it usually and are they always that long?

Normally the only long race is the Friday night race. 60 to 90 minutes and usually GT2 or GT3. Most of the other events (Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue) are around 30 minutes I think.

I think having to pay weeds out the rammers & wreckers, but you'll still have your lap 1 turn 1 incidents from time to time. Otherwise it's very clean racing. Good group of guys. Right now it's only $8.82 for 1 year of premium, worth every penny IMO.

guys... I probably won't be racing any time soon unless I can get my wheel fixed. It started that fluttering thing when it turns and it is very annoying. I hear it is best to record a video and send it to Thrustmaster support. Probably gonna do that, because IMO this shouldn't be happening. Hopefully there is a free fix, even if it is not still under warranty.

In the meantime, check out what I've been up to lately on Halo 5, forging some maps. This one's pretty popular so I made a trailer video for it. The video hasn't gotten much attention yet, but I'm proud of what I've been able to put together.

Map, direction, recording, music composition, and production all by yours truly.

Back