FRL ~ 13th LE MANS CLASSIC ~ PT: LANCEREVO7 & FERRARI ; GT: RACEORAMA & JAGUAR

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 65 comments
Further reminder *all* participating drivers are required to PM / post their lap time for it to be officially recorded. Times received/posted more than 15 minutes after end of the session will not be accepted/recorded.

Standings tables will be posted as soon as possible post session.

Room up in little under 15 min, Green on the hour, good luck.

Q1 open.

Last edited:
After Qualifying #1

unknown.png

Drivers still to set a time: Ranhammer, @cnd01 @RACECAR @raceorama123432 @rex1825 @Foxed @TNR_KING_FILO @LewisR3

Next session 2000 GMT Thursday.

After Q2 this is the order - times coming down everywhere and a number of cars yet to set laps. Saturday is going to get very busy!

unknown.png

Anything about voice chat during the race? PSN Party or something else?
FRL Discord server. https://discord.gg/PjwMJQH Strongly advisable you are there for at least the early stages and organising the start.

Couple reminders guys, if you're saving replays post race make sure you have HDD space (400mb I reckon) and remember the standing start procedure.

Last edited:
Hour and half to go, technical issues on my end mean I may be without comms for tonight.

Q3 and Qualifying a wrap - please note this is not final grid order, I shall post this overnight or tomorrow lunchtime.

unknown.png

Race day!

Few reminders:

~Final pre-race warmup from 1800 GMT (just over 4 hours)

~Green flag procedure with grid line-up at 1925 GMT - reminder this is a standing start against the pit wall.

~Jump starts will see a 90 second penalty applied post race and further violations will be punished.

Typical end to a half-decent race for me. I really just want to finish a race at Sarthe for once...

Although the BOP may have been in my favour I think I drove a pretty good race! Only one mistake and that was on the last lap, the rest was very consistent. Congrats to Jon on the GTP win and everyone who got to the finish! #43

Attachments

• 36B91947-2172-4A2B-98FC-DCED6CABF7ED.jpeg
    36B91947-2172-4A2B-98FC-DCED6CABF7ED.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 19
This was race I didn't want to miss. It gave me reason to kind of come back to GTS as I had played only ProjectCar2 over 1 year. I still don't like the GTS how it simulate car handling. Anyway...
First thanks @Furinkazen for putting this race together.
Congrats to winners of both classes. Nice driving.
Sorry @ranhammerR34 for rear tab at the end of race putting both of us to pitstop. I think there was some lag as our speed difference wasn't that big as it seems to putting you to wall.
Love the race.

Well that was a mixed bag. When I didn't have damage (which was about half the race) I was competitive keeping up with Porsche but after an incident of my own making resulting in contact with him, aero and suspension damage slowed me down. After refuelling on lap 17 I set about reeling Warlock in, which I did and pulled out a 20 second lead on him. I refuelled again on lap 31 and kept my 3rd place on Warlock again pulling out 10 seconds on him.

Alas I didn't last and I went deep at Indianapolis and tapped the wall which again gave me aero and suspension damage and Warlock passed me to take 3rd in GT :banghead:

My apologies to Connor who I collided with after a miscommunication about where I was going on the track giving him and myself damage. Its a good job there was only a lap and a half to go and he didn't loose a place.

My thanks to Warlock for some good close racing and thank him for his mature conduct and racing skills during the race. I think I speak for us all to say he's more than welcome to other FRL events, and it was good to see Randy back behind the wheel after all this time.

Racing aside; I can say that last nights race was a return to the good old days of WSC. Top racing and top banter throughout the evening making 3 hours pass a lot quicker.

Congratulations to both class winners. My thanks to the guys for specing the cars (although the Jag was a runaway success).

Thanks to Alex for hosting the race and hoping for more WSC later in the year.

Cheers and beers to you all :cheers:

Last edited:
Back