FRL - Furi Racing Leagues - Club Thread moving to Discord, news posted.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 500 comments

The first FRL Sunday Series on GTS... your choice - you may vote for up to THREE options!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Simple, judge by how fast you are. You're a PRO. Only other thing that would affect would be headlight colour (white PRO, yellow AM) and sticker colour on the car.

What's the cut off pro-am? That's more what I'm asking. Top 8 in qualifying are pros or what?

What's the cut off pro-am? That's more what I'm asking. Top 8 in qualifying are pros or what?

I'll be judge of driver speed before season start. I think the GT5 season we had was a 10-6 split (I won AM as I was pure pleb-tastic back then).

Well damn, that's a lot going on. Seeing as I actually enjoy racing the classic cars this time around (and am actually slightly better then godawful nowadays), I might be up for another go of WSC. Got a good feel for all the cars so I'd be up for some BOP testing.

Nice! Might start racing again in the Saturday races, no NASCAR interferring there. :gtpflag:
Great :D

Well damn, that's a lot going on. Seeing as I actually enjoy racing the classic cars this time around (and am actually slightly better then godawful nowadays), I might be up for another go of WSC. Got a good feel for all the cars so I'd be up for some BOP testing.
Just message me if you want to help out, it's a decent old job!

Now I know why no one reads OPs
To be fair this one is in desperate need of an overhaul.

Tested Group C tonight with @Yeratel84 @LancerEvo7 @Akmuq . Cars will use RH tyres. They're tough to drive, got to watch those gearshifts...

All sounds good. Saturday's are starting to get a little busy for me with it being summer and being out & about.
Sunday nights much better so will 100% be around for them events .

With my life being as busy as it is I have some time out to talk about WSC XI

I can actually see Furi's logic (and glad of it) for delaying WSC XI until the new year. People have commented that there is a lack of tracks and cars at the moment. We are lacking Spa and Daytona but that is not the be all and end all of it. And as far as I can see there is now only one car missing in the Ford GT Mk VI.

Well I would make preparations just in case some or non of these ever turn up.

Tracks: There are plenty of tracks to choose from at the moment; Interlargos, Monza, Le Sarthe, The Nordschleife and Mount Panorama to name a few and certain layouts of Sainte-Croix. I do think we should have a "Super Season" going to Le Sarth twice. A shorter race early in the season and a 4 hour pure endurance to finish off.

Cars: Prototype: We have the Ferrari 330 and Jaguar XJ13. I do admit this is a shortcoming and hope the Ford Mk IV makes an appearance.
GT: Plenty to go at here; Ford GT40, Ferarri 250 GTO, Lamborghini Miura and Shelby Cobra.

If all else fails a Pro - Am series using just GT cars could also be an alternative.

After such a long time since WSC X I am looking forward to this season and hope that it will again attract all FRL drivers and bring out the
"Gentleman Diver" in them.

Cheers all. :gtpflag:

One thing I've suggested for the first season only is to allow the Ford GT40 road car in as a prototype. The issue it that it's impossible to spec for anywhere but Le Mans relative to the other two PTs. For this reason, I'd suggest having a separate Trophy for them as well as counting them towards PT standings. I don't like the idea of having a road car go against racecars, so that would only be a last resort to get cars.

One thing I've suggested for the first season only is to allow the Ford GT40 road car in as a prototype. The issue it that it's impossible to spec for anywhere but Le Mans relative to the other two PTs. For this reason, I'd suggest having a separate Trophy for them as well as counting them towards PT standings. I don't like the idea of having a road car go against racecars, so that would only be a last resort to get cars.

That has happened before when the 250 GTO went up against road cars with mixed success. I'm not sure if the GT40 is a race car in its currebt spec.

Back