FRL - Furi Racing Leagues - Club Thread moving to Discord, news posted.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 500 comments

The first FRL Sunday Series on GTS... your choice - you may vote for up to THREE options!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bit of an update on the GTE situation, thanks @cnd01 for specs.

Ford GT LM got axed, it's like the ToCA Audi in how it sticks out from the crowd. Going to be a five car roster of Aston, Porsche, BMW, Ferrari & Corvette. 90 minute races.

Thread should be up within a week.

Also for anyone else interested, still a few spots left in the FRL Le Mans 750k this coming sunday.

Ford GT LM got axed, it's like the ToCA Audi in how it sticks out from the crowd. Going to be a five car roster of Aston, Porsche, BMW, Ferrari & Corvette. 90 minute races.

Thread should be up within a week.

Also for anyone else interested, still a few spots left in the FRL Le Mans 750k this coming sunday.
Need to do additional testing to make sure it's not too far off, but removing the GT makes the process a lot easier and likely won't require a separate Le Mans BoP

If you want a sixth GTE car, the Viper exists. And as far as I know, it can be BoP'ed properly, especially compared to the GT LM.

For anyone thinking of an Aston, i've done my own take on the AMR V8 Vantage scheme from 2016-2017 and will happily provide a livery / set-up and run with them.

For anyone thinking of an Aston, i've done my own take on the AMR V8 Vantage scheme from 2016-2017 and will happily provide a livery / set-up and run with them.
Why, for heaven's sake, why?

EDIT: Be original, for once...

Ford GT LM got axed, it's like the ToCA Audi in how it sticks out from the crowd.

Saw that coming a country mile away. Told you last week it was stupidly faster than anything else. @FireEmblem10 mentioned the Viper. Good shout but no doubt that will get ignored.

Will endeavour to make this series if I can.

Saw that coming a country mile away. Told you last week it was stupidly faster than anything else. @FireEmblem10 mentioned the Viper. Good shout but no doubt that will get ignored.

@cnd01 won't BoP it in and says the torque wall it has kinda makes it... 🤬

I think pretty much everyone knew it would be impossible to spec. I was reluctant to even give it a try.

Like Furi said, the torque on the Viper makes it undrivable and/or massively OP dependent on the track

I think pretty much everyone knew it would be impossible to spec. I was reluctant to even give it a try.

Like Furi said, the torque on the Viper makes it undrivable and/or massively OP dependent on the track

Pity really I kind of like the Viper.

After discussions with testing team @LancerEvo7 & @snowgt I'll say a few things about WSC:

>Liveries for the series must be "period" in design and logos, and require both myself and Lancer to agree on them.

>The top prototype class will just be the Ford / Ferrari / Jaguar, like the old GT5 days. No Cobra Daytona Coupe.

>The secondary class, will not include the Shelby Cobra, or the Ford GT40.

That makes it sound like the secondary class is just Trans Am + 250 GTO. Unless you're throwing the Daytona in there? I don't mean to say force cars in but it seems wasteful.

After discussions with testing team @LancerEvo7 & @snowgt I'll say a few things about WSC:

>Liveries for the series must be "period" in design and logos, and require both myself and Lancer to agree on them.

>The top prototype class will just be the Ford / Ferrari / Jaguar, like the old GT5 days. No Cobra Daytona Coupe.

>The secondary class, will not include the Shelby Cobra, or the Ford GT40.
:)

:(

:grumpy:

Back