FRL - Furi Racing Leagues - Club Thread moving to Discord, news posted.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 500 comments

The first FRL Sunday Series on GTS... your choice - you may vote for up to THREE options!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Group C would be a lot of fun. As would the Porsche 991 RS (not the GT3 version) cup car series. Option 1 isn't bad either

It was four until I found that one of them could not go around a corner at speed.....then it became three LOL

Then consider tyre life and fuel mileage and all the track types...

For all those people on GTP who whined about that BMW E30 we sure don't see a lot of love for that series

For all those people on GTP who whined about that BMW E30 we sure don't see a lot of love for that series
Meh, it's fun for driving for sure, not so sure about racing. Most of the road cars are that way in this game, sadly.

Meh, it's fun for driving for sure, not so sure about racing. Most of the road cars are that way in this game, sadly.
I haven't really tuned a lot of road cars or driven many, so I don't know how they would race together. I do know the BoP for road car classes is terrible. What's the main reason why they don't race well

I haven't really tuned a lot of road cars or driven many, so I don't know how they would race together. I do know the BoP for road car classes is terrible. What's the main reason why they don't race well
I guess it wouldn't matter as much for a one-make, but the reason the BoP is bad is because road cars are really damn hard to spec for some reason. The E30 on it's own doesn't have much grip, it'd either have to be on a ridiculous tire or races would be decided by who could keep it on the track.

I guess it wouldn't matter as much for a one-make, but the reason the BoP is bad is because road cars are really damn hard to spec for some reason. The E30 on it's own doesn't have much grip, it'd either have to be on a ridiculous tire or races would be decided by who could keep it on the track.
That rules Furi out for sure

Multiclass will always get my vote, so that's 1 and 5. I've not raced group c yet and that's also my favourite out of the remaining 3 options, so that gets my 3rd vote.

So Porsche's won. However was quite surprised by the reception for Group C, so whilst Porsche's will get a series, Group C will get a spot race (Le Mans likely) soon.

@chrisjohnson93 @cnd01 @CrazyJohn @DrifterJoe @Espial @Foxed @georgeme412 @Matt Smith @GTPorsche @LewisR3 @Macboyilija @Andil @Ninners @raceorama123432 @Panoz @RRRacing @polarbear345 @RACECAR @rcb929 @steviea712 @AudiMan2011 @bigbeefytaco @TNR_KING_FILO @FireEmblem10 @weescotman @Yeratel84 @jammy21 @damonc84 @Niop @RedPartyhat @HighStakes @RealJaySee

Alright! No apologies for tagging people here as this one of the most important posts I've made in a long time. FRL is in the final quarter of it's first full year on GTS ready to expand! So here is the plan for the next few months, as promised.

FRIDAY & SATURDAYS:
ToCA15 ends 1st September, and after two fairly quick fire campaigns will return either December or January in the usual Saturday time slot. There's been a few awkward moments with the series return but it's back, established, and looking strong for the future. Champion-elect @Ninners , I wonder if you'll go for another title? And for those drivers who are looking to hone their skills or just have some fun, the supporting ToCA Clio Cup on Fridays will also be open!
20180814152536.jpg

ToCA16 - "T16" will also feature the return of a manufacturer with rich ToCA race and title-winning heritage that is sure to be a popular choice amongst drivers - BMW!
20180814152611.jpg

Taking over the Saturday package will be a series that was held on GT5 and very well received among drivers, and is sure to be equally as successful this time around. GTE returns, with races of either 2 hours like the first season or 90 minutes and full PRO & AM driver categories in a manufacturer themed competition. Volunteer BoP testers welcome!

20180814152421.jpg
20180814152430.jpg

SUNDAY:
Sunday racing on FRL returns for the first time since the FRL HANKOOK AUDI TT CUP with a first GTS spot race and a series voted for by you drivers in the FRL thread!

Firstly, we'll be roaring down Hunadieres at the start of September for a special event approximately 2 and a half hours in length with speeds of up to 400kph. A line of 16 Group C prototypes drafting through La Sarthe will be a sight to behold. Currently working on the BoP for the FRL Group C Le Mans 750km - yes it is actually 750km!
20180814154054.jpg

20180814152447.jpg

Once that is done we'll be having our first FRL multi-class event - winner of the FRL poll a combined Porsche Challenge featuring the 991RSR GTE & the Cayman GT4!
20180814152627.jpg

20180814152636.jpg

And did we mention multi-class??? After nearly a year in development the most spectacular, noisy, and colourful show in the FRL returns. The World Sportscar Championship opens Chapter 11 of it's classic journey through racing history, including the oldest single race in FRL - the grueling three hour Le Mans Classic, returning to a chicane-less Le Mans. Truly a case of, "Gentleman, start your engines!". Many thanks to @snowgt @LancerEvo7 for reprising their roles as BoP testers to make this a (virtual) reality once more.

20180814154131.jpg

20180814152546.jpg

Questions, comments? Ask away. Main post will be overhauled extensively and improved over the coming month as well!

You forgot the FRL DTM
So did everyone else.

Yeah I did forget it, but GTPorsche is right as well... Was a miss.

Man V8s would be cool instead of GTE, but I still like the idea. How's the pro-am stuff work

Simple, judge by how fast you are. You're a PRO. Only other thing that would affect would be headlight colour (white PRO, yellow AM) and sticker colour on the car.

Incidentally i've just done some BoP testing around Brands GP, using initial specs off each manufacturers GTE cars (roughly). 991 GTE was benchmark. Looking at weight range being 1200-1300kg.

unknown.png

Back