FRL - HTCC - Historic Touring Car CupFinished 

• Thread starter snowgt
  • 173 comments
Thanks for having me tonight, enjoyed the races! Super pace, might be too much for a casual racer like me, but i really like the format! đź‘Ť Hope i wasn't too much of a roadblock, maybe i can join you now and then in the future. :cheers:

Thanks for having me tonight, enjoyed the races! Super pace, might be too much for a casual racer like me, but i really like the format! đź‘Ť Hope i wasn't too much of a roadblock, maybe i can join you now and then in the future. :cheers:

Good to have you! Hope you will make more appearances! I wouldn't worry too much about pace - you managed to hold on to P2 for quite a while there in race 2, good job! đź‘Ť

Race Results Event 2 (Ascari)
Code:
Pole Position: snowgt

Race 1:
Pos Driver                    Car            Gap
1  snowgt                  Alfa Romeo       +0.000
2  Andil                      Mini          +1.614
3  LancerEvo7                Nissan        +12.688
4  Carbonox                   Mini         +29.941
5  Panoz                     Mazda       +1:02.875
6  FlyingFox                 Toyota      +1:23.167
7  tarnheld                  Lotus       +1:37.127

Fastest Lap: Andil: 2:26.351

Race 2:
1  Andil                      Mini          +0.000
2  LancerEvo7                Nissan        +11.688
3  snowgt                  Alfa Romeo      +19.555
4  Carbonox                   Mini         +xx.xxx*
5  Panoz                     Mazda         +29.778
6  FlyingFox                 Toyota        +44.894
7  tarnheld                  Lotus       +1:03.180

Fastest Lap: snowgt: 2:26.687

*disconnected about 30s from finishing line

Remarks:

I decided to classify Carbonox in the position he disconnected at, because it was so close to the end, and his position was not threatened at the time.

Also, Andil got fastest lap by 0.008 from me in first race.

Good driving standards all around - thanks to all!

ps: Cup Ranking updated in post #2...

Last edited:
I had some great scraps, and avoided last place in R2 despite a hopeless-looking situation halfway through, but I have to say the Mini felt terribly disadvantaged at the long sweeping turns. :(

But on the contrary, I seemed to get some of the greatest exits off that infamous left kink. :D

First race was meh, thought someone was breaking into my apartment and crashed trying to see what was going on without getting up. Then I got caught up in another wreck. Got fastest lap as consolation though.

Second race was meh, led for a bit then the car got away from me in the 2nd and 3rd turns. With no diff it's damn hard to save it once you get sideways. Got fastest lap as consolation though.

First race was meh, thought someone was breaking into my apartment and crashed trying to see what was going on without getting up. Then I got caught up in another wreck. Got fastest lap as consolation though.

Second race was meh, led for a bit then the car got away from me in the 2nd and 3rd turns. With no diff it's damn hard to save it once you get sideways. Got fastest lap as consolation though.
Spoken like a true gamer.

Race Results Event 3 (Rome Reverse)
Code:
Pole Position: Siggers

Race 1:
1  Siggers                 Alfa Romeo      +0.000
2  Roflwaffle               Triumph        +0.001*
3  snowgt                  Alfa Romeo      +3.672
4  Jammy21                   Nissan        +8.655
5  Carbonox                   Mini        +19.924
6  Panoz                     Mazda        +36.833
7  LancerEvo7                Nissan       +44.894
8  tarnheld                  Lotus      +1:32.966

Fastest Lap: LancerEvo7: 1:22.220

Race 2:
1  Jammy21                   Nissan        +0.000
2  LancerEvo7                Nissan        +6.602
3  Siggers                 Alfa Romeo      +9.596
4  Roflwaffle               Triumph       +13.626
5  Carbonox                   Mini        +21.063
6  Panoz                     Mazda        +22.331
7  snowgt                  Alfa Romeo     +25.316

Fastest Lap: LancerEvo7: 1:22.256

*Position swap with Siggers

Remarks:
- Result for Race 1 revised due to incident between Roflwaffle and Siggers. It cannot be ultimately determined, if a lag spike contributed to it (although it certainly looked like it), but Siggers certainly wasn't at fault and got pushed into the barrier when he stepped on the brakes by Roflwaffle's car which was already very close before. As also Roflwaffle himself suggested, the positions are reversed therefore.

Race Results Event 4 (Brands Hatch GP 80's)
Code:
Pole Position: Roflwaffle

Race 1:
1  Roflwaffle               Triumph        +0.000
2  snowgt                  Alfa Romeo      +8.876
3  Carbonox                   Mini        +11.660
4  Panoz                     Mazda        +20.170
5  Siggers                 Alfa Romeo     +21.280
6  tarnheld                  Lotus      +1:39.029

Fastest Lap: Roflwaffle: 1:41.691

Race 2:
1  Roflwaffle               Triumph        +0.000
2  snowgt                  Alfa Romeo      +2.491
3  Carbonox                   Mini         +3.894
4  Siggers                 Alfa Romeo      +4.612
5  Panoz                     Mazda         +8.950
6  tarnheld                  Lotus      +1:03.366

Fastest Lap: Roflwaffle: 1:41.768

2nd race especially was brilliant! Very tight racing with no touches - hats off to all drivers involved!

It's a pity the turnout seems to be dwindling already. Six is the absolute minimum I will run races at as less doesn't make much sense to me. It would be nice to know, if or how people would like to continue this as the racing has largely been of outstanding quality (and I don't use such words lightly), so on one hand it would be sad having to stop the series, but on the other hand we need a decent number of people attending, otherwise we might as well do something better with our time.

I'm open to suggestions.

By the way, my plan after the upcoming Motegi East would include the following races…

Circuito de la Sierra
Laguna Seca
NĂĽrburgring Type V
Tsukuba
Bathurst

I'm not sure that you'll be able to keep the series going after Motegi with that many events with these sorts of attendance numbers, but it really depends on how many people show up for Motegi.

I don't think I will be here for the next two rounds. To be honest, while it was good refreshing fun I think I can no longer improve my driving skills from this series if the numbers are going to be low.

Hi people,

after a lot of contemplation over the last few days I've decided to discontinue this series. Don't think for a second that I'm taking this decision lightly, but the low turnout really made it only a matter of time before this would have happened.

So, before this becomes a chore more than anything, I would like to thank all participating drivers for their impeccable conduct - it was more than I would have dared to hope for. Maybe the series just came a bit too late in GT6's lifespan to attract the necessary number of participants.

Thanks to all of you again and see you on track!

Given GT6 is on life support now, this series was great.

The final race at Brands gave the HTCC a high point to go out on. đź‘Ť

Saturday is kind of busy day for me. I have other races and I just have to decided which ones I'm able to run in given time scheduler. They were fun races which ones I could join you.

Back