FRL - HTCC - Historic Touring Car CupFinished 

• Thread starter snowgt
  • 173 comments
@snowgt Any times and such from the practice sessions? I unfortunately was away this weekend (and last) so I never got to see any of the practices.

Sure. We had 1:23's at Rome Reverse and 1:38's at Motegi East. We didn't test at Silverstone GP, but times should be around 2:30/31.

Knowing you, I'm sure you'll be fine pace-wise. ;)

Would love to be a part of this if there are still spots available

Hi Eric. Are you familiar with the OLR's and clean racing? I'm asking this, because some experience in traffic and good awareness of other driver's behaviour are expected.

If you think that applies, I'd be happy to send you an invite.

Hi Eric. Are you familiar with the OLR's and clean racing? I'm asking this, because some experience in traffic and good awareness of other driver's behaviour are expected.

If you think that applies, I'd be happy to send you an invite.

I believe it applies, and I appreciate your diligence in trying to ensure a clean race. I will be on the lookout for the invite. Thanks very much

I've finish my testing and Nissan Fairlady 2000 came the winner - I'll be using it.

I might have chance to join 2nd race on Saturday and that means I'll be starting back on the starting grid.

It's seems very likely that I will not be apply to join this saturday race (I'll have other race same time).

I've finish my testing and Nissan Fairlady 2000 came the winner - I'll be using it.

I might have chance to join 2nd race on Saturday and that means I'll be starting back on the starting grid.

......Errr make your mind up Mister :sly:

By the way, I'm going to be driving the car that the guy in my profile picture drove to victory at the 4 Hours of Sebring in 1966. (at least for the first couple of races)

SCD-72.jpg

Room is up. Qualifying should start at 19:00 UTC / 20:00 BST / 21:00 CET / 15:00 US EDT / 12:00 US PDT.

As a reminder, qualifying will consist only of one timed lap, after which everyone should stay on track until told to clear to lobby.

Races will start with a rolling start in staggered formation after 1 formation lap at 100km/h (62mph), slow down to 80km/h (50mph) before last corner before start. No overtaking before start/finish line is allowed.

Please do respect track limits! Repeat offenders will be penalised.

That feeling when you go side by side though the Maggotts, Becketts and Chapel section without touching or knocking someone off the track. :embarrassed:

That was an embarrassing evening I don't mind saying.

Either my driving is unbelievably poor or something is radically wrong with the Celica. From first to last in 3 laps :ouch:

That was an embarrassing evening I don't mind saying.

Either my driving is unbelievably poor or something is radically wrong with the Celica. From first to last in 3 laps :ouch:
Are you using automatic transmission? You will achieve faster times if you use manual because you can control the engine breaking of the car.

Race Results Event 1 (Silverstone GP)
Code:
Pole Position: Siggers

Race 1:
Pos Driver                    Car            Gap
 1  Siggers                   Alfa Romeo   +0.000
 2  Roflwaffle                Triumph      +0.914
 3  snowgt                    Alfa Romeo   +5.080
 4  raceorama1234321          Triumph     +12.537
 5  LongbowX                  Isuzu       +14.011
 6  Panoz                     Mazda       +14.746
 7  Downhill Dino             Mazda       +54.763
 8  FlyingFox                 Toyota      +55.219

Fastest Lap: Roflwaffle: 2:29.905

Race 2:
Pos Driver                    Car            Gap
 1  Roflwaffle                Triumph      +0.000
 2  raceorama1234321          Triumph      +3.570
 3  Panoz                     Mazda       +10.057
 4  Siggers                   Alfa Romeo  +10.127
 5  Jammy21                   Nissan      +11.825
 6  LongbowX                  Isuzu       +11.998
 7  snowgt                    Alfa Romeo  +12.639
 8  Downhill Dino             Mazda       +32.990

Fastest Lap: Jammy21: 2:29.966

For me this series is great for improving racecraft. As the cars are slower you have more time to think about the next corner so you can have giant pack races which are completely clean. Contrast to WSC, where you can go an entire race and only make 1 overtake, or ToCA where its just a giant scrap for positions and points. While I may not be attending every week it's ideal for me to brush up on close combat attacking/defending skills whenever I am feeling rusty.

@LongbowX might I recommend not dropping out and try the Alfa or another car next race? Same for you @FlyingFox

Thank you for your suggestion and care. Due to other concerns however, I won't be taking part for the near future. I will consider it in the future though.

Everyone conducted themselves with very high skill, so that's not one of them.

Back