• Thread starter snowgt
  • 173 comments
Austria
Austria
GTP_SnowCrash
Historic Touring Car Cup
In Association with
FRL copy.jpg

A series of events for modified road cars from the 60's and early 70's.

HTCC2.jpg

Basic Rules & Regulations
- Races are held in my own newly-created community lobby called "Snow Crash Club". Make sure to contact me for an invitation, so you join the club once you decide to enter race-events.
- Lobby settings: Grip reduction: Real, Damage: Light, Draft: Real, Fuel&Tyre Wear: Normal, No driving aids except ABS at 1.

General Cup Format
- There is no fixed championship schedule. Events will be hosted (mostly weekly) as long as there is popular demand.
- Instead of a championship that ends after a certain number of events, a rolling ranking system will determine each driver's place in the HTCC's hierarchy. The last 5 events will count towards each driver's ranking.
- Ranking points are earned by finishing in the top 10 (15-13-11-9-7-5-4-3-2-1) or additionally by achieving pole position or fastest lap. (1 point each).
- Because of the perpetual continuation of the series (and the plethora of eligible cars), changing cars will be allowed. In such an event half of the driver's ranking points will be deducted. This is to discourage drivers from switching cars at each event based on a particular car's strengths or weaknesses. Nevertheless, the effects of such a car change are limited to the ranking (and possibly starting position in longer races).

Event Format
- 2 races of about 30 minutes in length.
- Grid positions for Race 1 are determined by a 1-lap qualifying run (out lap - hot lap - stop on track after turn 1). It is not allowed to restart the run by returning to the pits after you have started your out lap. If something goes wrong, you'll have to live with it.
- Grid for Race 2 is reversed from Race 1 race results. If somebody joins the lobby late (i.e. after Race 1 has started), they will start at the back of the grid in Race 2 ("manual" lining up of grid will be used as starting procedure in that case).
- Rolling starts will be used as cars are too different in their ability to launch from a stand-still. After a formation lap, cars will form up in a staggered formation and the pole sitter decides when to start the race by accelerating close to the finishing line. Overtaking before the finishing line will result in a time-penalty.
- Speed for formation lap is 80km/h (50mph).

Alterations in event format for excessively long tracks:
- Instead of Qualifying, each driver's current HTCC Ranking determines grid position for Race 1.
- Start of the race will be moved from Start/Finish to a different point on the track that will be communicated before the race.

Race Conduct
- Standard OLR Rules apply!
- This is essentially a non-contact series, so track-behaviour should reflect that.
- Time Penalties for infractions will be handed out.
- All stewarding will be done dictatorially by me. So behave!

Eligible Cars & Specs

Logos.jpg

Common for all cars:

Tyres: Sports Hard
Rims: Custom allowed, default size only
Transmission: Fully Custom
RWD: Racing Suspension Soft
FWD: Racing Suspension Hard, LSD

htcc9.jpg

Last edited:
Cup Schedule

Event 1
Track: Silverstone GP, Laps: 12 (x 2)
Results: View here

Event 2
Track: Ascari, Laps: 11.5 (x 2)

Event 3
Track: Rome Reverse, Laps: 22 (x 2)

Event 4
Track: Brands Hatch GP 80's, Laps: 17 (x 2)

Final Cup Ranking (after Event 4)
Code:
 1 Roflwaffle     84
 2 snowgt         84
 3 Siggers        68
 4 Panoz          56
 5 Carbonox       54
 6 LancerEvo7     43
 7 Jammy21        32
 8 Andil          29
 9 raceorama      22
10 tarnheld       21
11 FlyingFox      13
12 LongbowX       12
13 Downhill Dino   7

Sign-Ups:

snowgt/GTP_SnowCrash
Andil/Moleman
LancerEvo7/GTP_LancerEvo7
Downhill Dino/daibaspeed
Panoz/panoz38
raceorama1234321
Furinkazen
Jammy21/jam_my21
Siggers/Sig1611
Carbonox
smuffyatfcp
FlyingFox/FlyingFox_85
LongbowX
Yeratel84
Roflwaffle/Roflwaffle16
GTPorsche
jake2013guy/RacingAtHome
Hollanderic

Last edited:
Reserve entry #54. Something second-hand from a junkyard. Bit of fun this 👍

#37 Triumph Spitfire 1500 please.

Why 37? From 1992-2003 my dad raced a Spitfire (his first ever race car) and I spent the first 6 years of my life with it. All though he was never champion, he took several victories! :)
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yes please! #77 - probably going to go for a Mini or Mini Marcos, not sure which yet.

Sure, car choice is unrestricted anyway, so you can always also change later when you get sick of one car and move on to the next.

If you (or anyone else who wants to try his luck in a FWD-car) want a base LSD-setup, I will post later on.

#37 Triumph Spitfire 1500 please.

Why 37? From 1992-2003 my dad raced a Spitfire (his first ever race car) and I spent the first 6 years of my life with it. All though he was never champion, he took several victories! :)

The Spitfire isn't easy to drive at first as it's got a pretty lively back-end, but once you get the hang of it, it's great fun!

Standard Brakes? Standard Clutch&Flywheel? Standard Propeller?

Yes, everything not mentioned in the OP stays untouched. You only need...

a) the fixed racing suspension, so no setup-work needed. (hard or soft depending on drivetrain)
b) fully custom transmission
c) power and weight parts
d) LSD, but only if you're in one of the 3 FWD's

What tracks will be used? I have three cars that I'm testing.

Planning to go on all kinds of tracks eventually, but early schedule should mainly include tracks with medium average speed. I'd suggest not to go testing at power tracks like Spa or Bathurst as this will bias your results.

Speaking of which, I'm up for a testing session in the planned race spot tonight. Anyone feel like it, just drop by!

Historic racing and the Spitfire is an option? :embarrassed:

Shame my luck with GT6 servers is awful.

You're welcome to try your luck once more any time! 👍

Oh hi Snow. :P

I'll probably spend a day or 2 experimenting with a variety of cars, not making a final choice too hastily.

I think I might try to make it to the test session today. Reserve entry with #24 if there's no conflict with anyone else in the series. If there is, I have no problems picking another number.

Looking back over the series setup, this is exactly the kind of settings I've been looking for.

I think I might try to make it to the test session today. Reserve entry with #24 if there's no conflict with anyone else in the series. If there is, I have no problems picking another number.

Looking back over the series setup, this is exactly the kind of settings I've been looking for.

No problem. Then again, I expect no conflicts with number plates in a field of standards only. :lol:

Series looks good snow. I'll sign up as a part time/reserve if thats ok

Sure thing! 👍

Shows how little I've dealt with racing numbers needing to be added to cars. :lol:

Edit: Are the HP figures accounting for oil change? My Spitfire comes out to 216HP with the required parts on it.

Edit2: 216HP/461PP with the one I had in my garage done to the specs listed. 206HP/454PP with the one I just bought and done to the specs listed.

Last edited:
TBH, I take it as a pretty worrying sign that I just beat my best Lotus time by 0.7 seconds in a Mini - at Brands Indy.

But 7 tenths on a short track? At least I hope nobody comes here to celebrate how the cars are within a second. :P

Well, I'm glad we're not straight into passing judgement on the BoP by picking out 2 cars out of 14 on one particular track. :rolleyes:

Shows how little I've dealt with racing numbers needing to be added to cars. :lol:

Edit: Are the HP figures accounting for oil change? My Spitfire comes out to 216HP with the required parts on it.

Edit2: 216HP/461PP with the one I had in my garage done to the specs listed. 206HP/454PP with the one I just bought and done to the specs listed.

I think you got me there. Please take off the Isometric Exhaust. That's a mistake in the specs. Will update momentarily.

Back